Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin (262860 Views)

Plz Who Knows About "Perfect White Body Lotion"? / How Good Is Easy White Body Lotion / Your Best Body Cream Or Lotion And Daily Use Product ( Light Or Dark Completion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by DOCTOR90: 10:45pm On Feb 07, 2017
QueenMay1:
Has anyone heard of Irish Gold cream with carotene extract and how good is the cream?
go for d one with egg york
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by amona(m): 9:02am On Apr 03, 2017
INBOX/DM/CALL/WHATSAPP NOW , If You Need A Good Anti Wrinkle Skincare Products.

WRINKLES

The skin undergoes dramatic changes as you age. As the fat cells begin to shrink and the skin loses the elasticity it had from a young age, lines and furrows begin to form. These fine lines and furrows are wrinkles and they tend to occur on the face, under the eyes, around the eyes and on the forehead.

Wrinkles can have a considerable effect on a person's self esteem and with good reason. Our society places an inordinate amount of importance on looking good and there is a stigma attached to aging. Thanks to this, the skin care and cosmetic industry is flourishing and we are bombarded with products and treatments that promise us eternal youth. While some products may help reduce wrinkles and other skin problems, a large number of them do nothing much at all. So, what does work?

Symptoms of Wrinkles
Wrinkles fall into two types: fine lines and deep furrows; and they mostly occur on the face, neck, hands, and upper arms.

Causes of Wrinkles
The main cause of wrinkles is sun exposure. Exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays of sunlight (UVA and UVB) is responsible for nearly all the symptoms of premature aging. Research shows that even a small amount of sunlight can trigger off the process that causes wrinkles. Apart from the sun, other factors that may increase your chances of developing wrinkles include:

Smoking: Smoking increases the production of harmful free radicals in the body that contribute to the premature aging process.

Pollution: Pollutants in the air may deplete the amount of vitamin E in the skin.
Vitamin E is an important antioxidant necessary for maintaining smooth and undamaged skin.

Rapid Weight Loss: Losing too much weight too fast can cause the skin to sag and droop and increases the amount of wrinkles.

Poor Diet: People who eat an unhealthy diet of junk food, fatty foods and refined sugar tend to age faster than those who eat healthier.

Sedentary Life: A lack of exercise can hamper proper blood circulation and reduce the amount of oxygen to the skin. This in turn leads to wrinkles and faster aging.

Occupational Exposure: If your work keeps you outdoors and exposed to the sun, you may be more prone to wrinkles and skin damage.
Heredity: In some families wrinkling is more of a problem than in others, implying a genetic connection.

Skin Pigmentation: People with fairer skin and light eyes and hair tend to age faster than those with darker complexions.

Remedies for Wrinkles
There are several natural remedies to reduce the signs of aging. While there are many benefits from natural skin care, not all the practices and remedies are backed up by research and some just haven't been studied adequately. If you wish to, you could try some of these popular skin care treatments though:

Lemon Juice: Massage lemon juice all over your skin to help get rid of wrinkles. The juice works as a deep cleansing agent and astringent and may help keep the skin clean and taut.

Cabbage Juice: An ancient home remedy for the removal of wrinkles, cabbage juice should be massaged over the facial skin and left to dry. After the juice dries, rinse it off with warm water. Cabbage juice is believed to help tighten up facial muscles.

Rose Water: Another anti-aging treatment is the application of a face pack made up of rose water, honey and turmeric. Use this mixture to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin and prevent wrinkles.

Papaya: Mash a ripe papaya and apply the pulp to the face and neck. The essential vitamins found in papaya help keep the skin smooth and unlined.

Egg Whites: This is a popular cure for aging skin. Apply egg whites mixed with coconut oil to the face and let it dry before rinsing off. This helps maintain the elasticity of your skin and eliminate signs of aging. The coconut oil works as a moisturizer and prevents skin dehydration as well.

Pineapple: Pineapple is rich in antioxidants and is a fruit known for its anti-aging effects. Apply pineapple juice all over the skin and leave it on for five minutes before washing off. This increases the level of Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA) in the skin that are essential to fight the aging process.

Facial Massage: Regular facial massages with oils such as vitamin E oil, castor oil or coconut oil can help prevent dehydration of the skin. The strong strokes of a massage also help prevent permanent lines and drooping of the skin.

Diet for Wrinkles
Researchers from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia in 2001, conducted the most comprehensive study on the effect of diet on wrinkles. In this study, the diets of more than 400 people over the age of 70 were analyzed to determine a co-relation between certain types of foods and skin wrinkles. The conclusion reached was that a diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish and low-glycemic foods were associated with less skin wrinkles. According to this study and several others, you should include the following foods in your diet to slow down the process of skin aging:

Olive oil and olives
Fish high in essential fatty acids such as sardines and salmon
Eggs
Legumes such as pea, chickpeas, broad beans and lima beans
Foods high in vitamin C such as peaches, citrus fruits, fruit juices
Vegetables like spinach, eggplant, celery, leeks, garlic, and onions
Carotenoid-rich fruit and vegetables such as cantaloupe, apricots, carrots, and sweet potatoes
Avocados
All types of berries
Whole grain cereals
All fruits and fruit juices
Foods high in zinc such as seafood, nuts, milk, and lean meats
Water and tea
Low-fat cocoa
Cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, turnip, Brussel sprouts, radish, kale, and watercress
Ginger
Soya

Foods to avoid include:
*Saturated fats
*Red meat and processed meats
*Full fat dairy products
*Carbonated drinks
*Alcohol
*Refined sugar
*Candies and sweets
*White flour
*Potatoes
*Margarine

It is important to note that while eating the proper foods can help prevent skin aging, it is not the only preventative measure you can take. In addition to a proper healthy diet, you need to take the necessary precautions such as sun protection, regular exercise, drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep.

Suggestions for Wrinkles
Some simple ways to prevent the occurrence of early skin aging and wrinkles include:

Avoid the sun, always wear the appropriate SPF sunscreen and cover your face as well as your hands, legs and neck.
Don't smoke
Get enough sleep and try to sleep on your back instead of on your stomach or on your side as these positions may increase the production of wrinkles
Don't squint as this can increase lines around your eyes
Use moisturizer daily
Don't wash your face too often.

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/oriflame9jacosmetic/

INSTAGRAM: http://www.Instagram.com/oriflame9jacosmetic

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by safya: 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dry skin? Then give Mimi a call she's got some really good body moisturizer and smell heavenly too.
100% Home made Body butter.you will thank me later.her no.08081388882,instagram@flott_beauty she is Abuja based

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Berrykay(f): 2:18am On Jul 17, 2017
@Greenfield I need your help have being using SERIAL WHITE CREAM for months now and am having green veins and slight stretchmmarks. what cream should I.use for my body cos am light chocolate in complexion and if I try other product I will go darker .. I need your advice on what to do
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by toluxa1(m): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Hello people. Iv always had a dry skin but these days it's getting quite severe especially my legs. I use Dudu Osun soap and Nivea lotion. See pictures of my leg on a typical day. What's the best solution o?

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by toluxa1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2017
See those flakes-like stuff sef.

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by DOCTOR90: 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
toluxa1:
stop using dudu, rub coconut oil on it
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by DOCTOR90: 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
toluxa1:
stop using dudu, rub coconut oil on it and get shear butter or coco butter lotion
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by toluxa1(m): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
DOCTOR90:
stop using dudu, rub coconut oil on it and get shear butter or coco butter lotion

Thanks very much. Someone just recommended that to me also. I think that's what I'll do. Another issue is, I don't drink water much. Sometimes a whole day, na in the night I go remember say I never drink water. Sometimes just one pure water for the entire day. As I dey now, I have not tasted one drop of water. Only drank malt. Really have to work on it
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by DOCTOR90: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2017
Egg white lotion 4500
Egg white liquid soap 3000 (big one)
Egg white liquid soap 2500 (small one)
Natural white cream 3500
D White cream 2500
Irish White cream 4000
Irish white liquid soap 2500
Pink lip balm 1500
Before and after pics are available No sunburn, no stress marks,
All products are available in Benin city, we deliver nationwide Call 08105962309
U can also ask me any question concerning your skin Doctor90, Ur skin Doctor
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by lazygal: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
toluxa1:
Hello people. Iv always had a dry skin but these days it's getting quite severe especially my legs. I use Dudu Osun soap and Nivea lotion. See pictures of my leg on a typical day. What's the best solution o?

Biggest mistake was using a drying soap which is exfoliating ..
You need to go back to mild toilet soaps don't even go near antiseptic soaps or black soap
You might need to get brown sugar if not manage white: add olive oil and honey and scrub your body once a week ..reduce warm water if its a must let it be Luke warm
Your skin really needs moisture so get sheabutter mix an oil of your choice .. I prefer olive.coconut is too light for you if not ,
Get a good moisturiser for extra dry skin ,jergens ulta healing ,Vaseline lotion ( use the green one) nivea soft or creme those ones in can ..
What ever cream you choose pour plenty rose water and glycerine either boots or Eden
Form the habit of oiling your hands or feet once you wash them

People say Shea butter is good but I don't c the effect if I use it alone ..I usually add little honey and olive / coconut oil ialso add rose water and glycerine
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by supertender(f): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2017
First you need to be drinking healthy fluid regularly but do try as much as possible to take water even when you are not thirsty(the body sensors ask for water, rehydration ,to carry out regular cellular functions). water loss through skin occurs when it is not protected and is exposed.
Take your shower with moisturising shower cream.
Scrub your legs with white sugar-honey scrub 2-3times/wk.
Cream your body with moisturising body milk for extra dry skin like yours ,day and night to ensure 24 hr moisture supply for your skin.I'll recommend happy skin Nourishing body milk.
Do not forget to rub a sunscreen when going out in the day time!!...Sun zone shields your skin from the UV damage and moisturises as well.
Drink water,and drink water it works from inside out!
Stick to this regimen ,and you'll hear compliments about your skin.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by room089: 10:54am On May 19, 2018
mima247:
Can i let y'all into a big secret ? you don't need an expensive cream for your skin to moisturize ... just buy industrial strength glycerine and add to your body cream. that's all .i used to have v. dry scaly skin on my legs .. was so bad i used to scrape the dry skin off with blade...lucky i did not get scarred. .You can get this from those Igbo boys shops where they sell make up etc....it acts as a humectant and draws moisture in the air to your skin instead of drawing it away.
thats my ten scents....

Hello sis, how do I explain to the ibo boys that I need 'industrial strength glycerine', any particular name for it to avoid confusion? Or can your proffer a better remedy to dry skin now since it's been years you posted this? People are suggesting coconut oil and sheabutter, I'm just confused. Please help out, thank you
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Dhorcas(f): 2:46pm On May 19, 2018
I hope I see someone to reply. I don't know how to post generally. am chocolate. I use jergens and I have a smooth skin.

but posted to sokoto last month. it's all harsh and hot. I became darker and rashes.
Please any toning cream. scrub or body wash am i to use. I'll be there for 11months. help me pls
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 5:37pm On May 19, 2018
room089:

Hello sis, how do I explain to the ibo boys that I need 'industrial strength glycerine', any particular name for it to avoid confusion? Or can your proffer a better remedy to dry skin now since it's been years you posted this? People are suggesting coconut oil and sheabutter, I'm just confused. Please help out, thank you
Try DH7 glycerin or Nutriclair glycerine(I recommend this for extremely dry skin).
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 5:37pm On May 19, 2018
Dhorcas:
I hope I see someone to reply. I don't know how to post generally. am chocolate. I use jergens and I have a smooth skin.

but posted to sokoto last month. it's all harsh and hot. I became darker and rashes.
Please any toning cream. scrub or body wash am i to use. I'll be there for 11months. help me pls
Which of the jergens do you use??
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by room089: 9:52pm On May 19, 2018
KishKits:
Try DH7 glycerin or Nutriclair glycerine(I recommend this for extremely dry skin).

How do I use it (I mean the quantity to be mixed with the other lotion).
Thank you
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 10:41pm On May 19, 2018
room089:

How do I use it (I mean the quantity to be missed with other lotion).
Thank you
If your cream is about 500 ml,you can add in 1/4 of the glycerin into it or just add in enough that won't make your cream too runny.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Ekeseges(f): 11:29am On May 20, 2018
I have some creams made from organic products that wuld be good for ur skin.i posted some of them on the thread you opened ysday.send me a mail and we can see how to contact each other.
Dhorcas:

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Dhorcas(f): 3:17pm On May 20, 2018
KishKits:
Which of the jergens do you use??
natural fairness
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by room089: 6:27am On May 21, 2018
KishKits:

If your cream is about 500 ml,you can add in 1/4 of the glycerin into it or just add in enough that won't make your cream too runny.

Thank you dear, you've been very helpful!
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 8:26am On May 22, 2018
Dhorcas:

natural fairness
Are you lightening with it or just using it as a normal moisturizer?If you are lightening with it,then you might need to use natural body oils with it.If you are using it as a normal moisturizer then you might need to switch to another type of jergens,maybe the skin firming one.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 8:26am On May 22, 2018
room089:

Thank you dear, you've been very helpful!
You are most welcome.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Immaangel2: 1:03pm On May 22, 2018
i need help. i am brown in complexion(not too dark). i use clear nature 3x carrot extract. but its difficult to find in my area and very expensive as well. pls someone should kindly recommend a particular cream that i can switch over to. a good one that wont cause any skin reactions. thanks
N/B: i work under A.C for 11hoursa day, i need a cream that can also tolerate my work environment

Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 11:21pm On May 24, 2018
Which area are you so that I can recommend a store for you to get clear nature lotion or would you like to give another cream a try.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 11:22pm On May 24, 2018
Which area are you so that I can recommend a store for you to get clear nature lotion or would you like to give another cream a try.
Immaangel2:
i need help. i am brown in complexion(not too dark). i use clear nature 3x carrot extract. but its difficult to find in my area and very expensive as well. pls someone should kindly recommend a particular cream that i can switch over to. a good one that wont cause any skin reactions. thanks
N/B: i work under A.C for 11hoursa day, i need a cream that can also tolerate my work environment
Where is your location so that I can recommend a store around you.
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by KishKits: 11:23pm On May 24, 2018
Immaangel2:
Try out QEI
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Immaangel2: 12:57pm On May 25, 2018
KishKits:
Which area are you so that I can recommend a store for you to get clear nature lotion or would you like to give another cream a try.Where is your location so that I can recommend a store around you.

rukpokwu, port hacourt rivers state
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Lindsee(f): 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hi...You can get ClearNature Products from Save Something Supermarket, along Stadium Road
Immaangel2:

rukpokwu, port hacourt rivers state
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Mztitovina(f): 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2018
Do you know Cucumber is one of the ultimate cooling foods. Did you know that 96 percent of cucumber's weight is just water? Cucumber's high water content helps regulate the water balance of the body, especially on hot days. Because they are so rich in water and fibre, cucumbers are also a good bet for effective weight loss. Other than this, cucumber has also been an integral part of skin and beauty care rituals since many generations.

Check :5 Ways You Can Use Cucumber For Common Skin Problems

http://www.titovina.com/2018/06/cucumber-for-skin5-ways-you-can-use_4.html?m=1
Re: Best Body Lotion For Dry Skin by Martez2009(m): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2018
Let me tell y’all something, most time it’s the soap we use that darkens the skin, am talking about light skin people not does that bleached , I’m
Like skinned , I’m not the cream type , cus it makes me sweat , I only apply lotions on my hands or visible part of my body that looks dry , but this past weeks a Frnd sow me and was like why looking so dark tho I notice it but show less concern, I have been using Irish spring soap but decide to start using dove , and ever since then my skin has never been bright like before , so now I’m using ivory clean soap and Eucerin advance repair... thou I have been using Jergens but as I said not all over my body just my hands and sometimes legs if they look dry ... my experience with dove is a NO for light skinned people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pls Which Body Cream Is Best for Skin Lightening And Glowing? / Which Body Cream Restores Natural Skin Complexion,eliminates Dark Spots / 12 Realistic Female Body Types

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.