Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Need Help Editing My Joomla Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help Editing My Joomla Website (918 Views)

My Joomla Sites Hacked- Help / Pin Codes Generation For My Joomla Website / How Do I Use Webmail Or Horde Or Squirellmail Mail On My Joomla Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help Editing My Joomla Website by websandra: 8:14am On Feb 07, 2012
Hi, I need to edit the image at the bottom of my pages, www.partsandspares.co.za I do not know which file to access it. It's not in the main page html, they guy who designed it for me is away and I desperately need to polish up my site. Any help on this will be much appreciated.
Re: Need Help Editing My Joomla Website by digidragonfly: 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2012
Hey!

We are a digital/web agency based in London UK but we are launching in Nigeria this week, our Nigerian site is not up but will be in a day or two, but check out our site www.digidragonfly.co.uk

We can help you with the images, as our website is also developed in Joomla, you can send me an email directly on info@digidragonfly.co.uk

Regards

Sandeep
Re: Need Help Editing My Joomla Website by jjjkkkooo: 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2012
u need some knowledge of joomla and the administrator login to do that. Most likely the image will be in htdocs/sitename/template/images. or htdocs/sitename/images/stories. that s just d best clue i can help u with. call me on 07031613377 for more assistance
Re: Need Help Editing My Joomla Website by yawatide(f): 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2012
I think we first need to back up and ask what OP means by "edit the image". Who knows? He might also need to update the image itself via photoshop/fireworks. If it's a simple case of resizing, then that can be done from within the admin interface by dragging the image, from the corners accordingly.

Lesson of the day:
Especially when dealing with a CMS (joomla, drupal, wordpress, etc), ALWAYS have the developer set yourself up as an admin. That way, you can log in to do things yourself if the developer isn't around.
Re: Need Help Editing My Joomla Website by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 07, 2012
@OP is actually a CMS INSTALLER and has just passed the installation test. Now customization and possible touching-up the theme is not that simple.
Oya guys help the poster na.

(1) (Reply)

Whats Up With Nairaland These Days? / I Want To Know How To Create E-books / The Latest Google Adsense Approval Secrets Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.