Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March (4910 Views)

"Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / Unregistered Sim Cards Set To Be Barred By NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by mukina2: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2012
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, says it will bar unregistered subscribers from the country’s mobile networks by the end of March this year

Though a lot of Nigerians have registered their SIM cards, Juwah said there were plans to bar unregistered subscribers from making calls with their SIM cards until they complied with the directive to register them.

The NCC boss hinted that the data collected during the six-month SIM registration exercise was being uploaded onto the NCC back end servers in Abuja, saying this was taking time due to the volume of the data.He said: “The SIM card data is currently being uploaded at NCC onto our backend servers. So, it is a huge effort. There are operators who have registered 40 million subscribers and there are some who have registered less. Therefore, it takes time to upload these heavy data.

“It contains details in words, pictures, fingerprints and all of that. I can tell you that to upload something like 20 million subscribers will take weeks. So, we are about concluding the uploading, though, we are a little behind schedule. But there is nothing you can do when some of the operators are having difficulty in uploading the data.”

Juwah added that there would be a nationwide automatic verification of subscribers’ registration status when data uploading was completed.

“There will be an automatic verification of the registration status. In about a week’s time, we will come out to tell the country how this is going to be done,” he said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/02/07/ncc-to-bar-unregistered-sim-cards/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by sammyke(m): 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2012
hmm
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
na dem sabiiii
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by Harbb: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2012
We are waiting
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by beanos(m): 3:41pm On Feb 07, 2012
Gbam,
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2012
Na today
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by asudan: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2012
i hope it come to pass oh.any way when will number portability be ready?
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by Wilfredng: 4:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
asudan:

i hope it come to pass oh.any way when will number portability be ready?

I can't wait!
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by slam7000(m): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2012
Juwah added that there would be a nationwide automatic verification of subscribers’ registration status when data uploading was completed. “There will be an automatic verification of the registration status. In about a week’s time, we will come out to tell the country how this is going to be done,” he said., I,ve had this frustrating experience of having to get new sims on landing at mm int. airport lagos or Nnamdi Azikiwe Abuja cos my phones reads inactive sim card as the nos have been given to other customers and with the new sim registration,i wonder what the scenario will be as most ppl i know who registered their sims but either  spend up to 12 months outside Nigeria or live outside Nigeria.I hope it doesnt get to the stage where NCC or network providers like mtn,etisalat will have to deal with two different registered subscribers with the same mobile no.
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by executinal(m): 4:40pm On Feb 07, 2012
Does registering the sim card make any sense?? somebody can just supply all kind of data, because i know that there are people that did this National Id card twice or so.
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by KayDee4: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2012
shocked shocked I got the txt on my phone. Is there anyway to confirm the status of your SIM , to know if it is registered or not?
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by KayDee4: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^ Ok, just saw Juwah's post .
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by kombats: 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2012
na 2 day
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by ssjalo(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2012
D TINS DON HAPPEN AGAIN, ANODA TORY.

GBAM,
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by fred2265: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2012
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by norrisman: 5:42pm On Feb 07, 2012
This is so fake. There is absolutely no need for NCC to load any data into any back end server (the man was just using this term to baboozle gullible Nigerians) the sim verification can only be done by the operators themselves with officials from the NCC monitoring. This verification is to prevent crime, right? What stops Boko Haram or the likes from buying an unregistered sim card today and using it to detonate a bomb tomorrow.

The data NCC claims to be uploading is already 3 to 6 months out of date. In the UK and the US, the government agencies do not keep the records on any 'back end servers'. The operators are required by law to keep this data and supply them to the authorities when there is a legitimate request authorised by the court. In addition, the law in Nigeria should also compel the networks to only activate sim cards upon receipt of all registration details.

I went through MMIA in November last year and I was ashamed when the Immigration dude brought out A4 papers with faded text to manually check if my passport was on the hotlist. In 2011?!
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by ekwynwa: 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
ok ooo
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by ogbongzky(m): 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2012
waiting ooo,
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by osymerga(m): 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2012
Na 2day we begin hear that 1 ? They should b thinking of hw 2 revive nitel and bring down d price of making calls 1st
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by Tokotaya: 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2012
Doesnt this establish the pointlessness of NCC's involvement in this whole exercise? They are complicating the process. The operators should just have been allowed to register their own subscribers and be ready to provide relevant data of their subscribers to security operatives. No need for loading onto any backend server at NCC. At this rate, those who registered with NCC and not their operator may be in for some rude shock when mass disconnection begins. Anyway, sha, as for me no shaking. I registered every SIM I own from Internet dongles sims to my car tracker, sim with my operator. .
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by Dsage1: 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2012
D Nigeria netwok prividers wont make it posible cos dey kno dat if NCC blok many lines,dey wi lose both costomers&billion of naira
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by clip: 7:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
That is what they said last year September. Nothing was done.So nothing will still be done
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by soloqy: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2012
This has to be done as a matter of urgency and necessity . Also any new sim registrations should be accompanied by either an International passport, Drivers Licence or National Id card for verification and confirmation purposes. That will go a long way in tackling some of the security issues we are facing. Kidnappers and terrorists can be traced more easily.
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by SkyRider1(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2012
diluminati:

ARE THE MODERATORS SLEEPING? THIS SCAMMER IS SPAMMING ALL THE THREADS WITH THIS QATAR SCAM
SEUN, BAN THIS MUDA4CKER AND DELETE ALL HIS SCAM THREADS. WTF! angry

I support Madam. This Consultant is quite irritating. He has all the world wide web to paste this his Qatar scam!!!
Throw this guy out through the window.

NCC no Bar any of my linesooo!!! I don first warn youooo!
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by mrofficial(m): 10:53pm On Feb 07, 2012
Well, until then, my sim will remain unregistered. Idi[i]o[/i]tic buffoons.
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by kemmeye: 1:54am On Feb 08, 2012
rubbish it doesnt even make any sense
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by toluxa1(m): 3:13am On Feb 08, 2012
mukina2:

“It contains details in words, pictures, fingerprints and all of that. I can tell you that to upload something like 20 million subscribers will take weeks. So, we are about concluding the uploading, though, we are a little behind schedule. But there is nothing you can do when some of the operators are having difficulty in uploading the data.”

shocked shocked shocked
Really? What are they using? MTN FASTLINK?
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by clip: 3:44am On Feb 08, 2012
No MTN DullLink not FastLink
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by chelseabmw(m): 7:50am On Feb 08, 2012
since when?
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by begwong: 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2012
Hmmmm! to upload abt 20 million subscibers will take weeks,seems you guys are using old Nitel's analog devices for upload.Well,no qualms since we have 52 wks in a yr.How many have you used now? Dont tell me the #20 billlion you requested for has been exhausted?
Re: NCC To Bar Unregistered Sim Cards By March by eprynce(m): 1:56pm On Feb 08, 2012
funny people, those NCC people, una de tell mumu dem say it takes weeks to upload data, eh? So, that means it takes Google and the rest of them years to do things, eh? Unserious people sad

Abeg, people, i registered my SIM(s) using paper forms a very long time ago. I'm getting messages to go and register before 15th Feb. Please is there a way to confirm if I was really registered in the first place?

Quick reply, pls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hurray, MTN Giving Free 1gb On Betterme Promo / How Can I Root My HUAWEI Y520 - U22 / Uk Used Wireless LES Airpods @15k. Free Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.