Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? (38908 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Half Of A Yellow Sun: Best Nigerian Movie For 2013 / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by jennifer23(f): 3:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
mail me if u want to act and if u think u are good enough pls send your pics tooo,billingspr@yahoo.com.

i am interested in joining ur agency

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by Owen2(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2010
I do have a few contacts,but,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by jennifer23(f): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2010
but wat?
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by phinter: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2010
@dustiniyke. infact i plan to go into Nigerian Movies as an actor but I found out that, I have to first start with the story and hence I plan going into screenwriting. hopefully during next year's NYFA and Delyork film institute crash programme in Abuja. Please lets talk and rub minds, I wouldn't mind sharing some ideas with you. I believe the Nigerian movie industry is big with even greater potential.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by zubaic(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2010
To become a movie star visit www.newdiscoveryworld.com
LEARN: Script writing and movie acting

BENEFITS
(a) This project will save you from unnecessary harassment.
(b) Sex scandal and humiliation.
(c) Save you from fraudulent.
(d) Become a movie star in less than 6 months.
(e) Get the opportunity to playing lead roles in movies.
(f) Appearing in movie posters and Jackets.
(g) Win awards as the best upcoming actor or actress (2011)

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!
This is your sure ticket to the movie industry, make your dreams come true, be part of this wonderful project, don’t miss this life time opportunity.
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by toyosik(f): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2011
I'm a 16 year old Nigerian, i realy do have intrest in music and acting. And the most astonishing thing is that i have been told to follow my dreams but what they don't understand is that people do have the same dream. I realy do need help on how to make my dreams come true. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by NnaNna4(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
start by joinin AGN

try a film institute

am sure ur passion will get some where
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by freakout01: 8:55am On Apr 27, 2011
Work hard, you will surely become a star one day.
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
I'm Emmanuel Sunano I'm fair slim and 5ft 8inch tall.

My desire is to be a movie star someday. and i mean today, I can be so good in all aspect or character.

My contact is 08068040952
email: e_sunano@yahoo.co.uk.

Please do contact me when there is any up coming audition anytime anyday.

Thanks
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by donchukzy: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2011
i'm in love wif acting which i wasn't b4 due to some finx dat hit me, i'm an upcoming gospel artiste believing in future will do a video which is equal to acting, i have a script i'm working on now narrating a full story of wat just happened to me and the whole nigerian youths in general, please i need a perfect contact on how my script can be acted and so on, anyone with useful info should contact me on chuksanyanwu2003@yahoo.com, +2348083008903, God bless you and God bless Nigeria
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by MsBS(f): 10:53am On Sep 28, 2011
your best bet is go find a producer to slob on.
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by MsBS(f): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2011
Jen33:

Some of you make me laugh. You've no idea how big Nollywood is now. I just returned from Jamaica and I can swear every family there has at least one Nollywood DVD. Same as other Carribean nations like St Lucia, Barbados and Grenada. Even Papua New Guinea!

This is why it's called the world's third largest film industry after Hollywood and Bollywood.

Nollywood movies have completely transformed the image of Nigerians and Africans in those places. On my Jamaica trip, some openly expressed surprise that we had so many beautiful houses in Nigeria. And well-heeled people.

These are things they never knew existed in Africa, owing to pervasive western media misrepresentation of the continent,

So on many levels, Nollywood is a big thing.

Th rest of Africa was long sewn up. Eki Nigeria is what Ugandans call their number one craze - Nigerian movies. Nollywood stars are household names in all those countries, from Kenya to Zimbabwe, SA to Malawi.

The key to appreciating Nollywood is to be a true Nollywood fan - then you get to know the best movies and not simply judge the industry based on a passing acquaintance, from some possibly pirated b rate film you saw at the hairdressers or gym.

Sites like www.izognmovies.com are where you can read fan reviews of each movie before watching for a couple of dollars.

To the person who said Ghana movies are ''better'' than Nollywood output, YOU especially need to visit that site and educate yourself about the real Nollywood, as you've absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I concur, even as far afield as Nicaragua when they talking about Beyonce they ain't talking about MRS JAY Z they talking about Nadia Buari. Yes I even found a Naija movie seller in Nicaragua! And there are no Africans there so its not a question of Africans missing home etc etc

I did notice that in the caribbean all the films are pirated and put together on one DVD. In Jamaica they only cost about 90p for parts one and two. In a way its better because you don't have to keep changing discs, but then its not putting any money into the producer's pockets.
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by donchukzy: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2011
Ms BS:

your best bet is go find a producer to slob on.

tnx but i dont fink u've a grasp of wat i'm talking about, i don't have any contact so please if u do, i beg u to link me and i'll be forever grateful to you,
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by philipuche(m): 11:24am On Nov 25, 2011
As an upcoming actor i suffered so much so i know wat is means to fight for the achieving of a dream. But goodnews for those in benin and those who can join us from other states in Nigeria and beyond. DOUBLE P ENTERTAINMENT in collaboration with some good crews in Nollywood is giving us the chance to prove ourselves to great producers and directors in the industry. So we are producing a movie we intend to showcase to the industry. So i urge u to take full advantage of this and show the movie industry what u can really do. If u are interested, email: double_p_world@yahoo.com, philip.uche@yahoo.co.uk or call 08189159942 for more info, dont wait for the movie industry to discover u, show yourself to the industry, limited space available - so hurry!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by iwajay(m): 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2011
The contestant below is one of the greatest upcoming movie producers

Lets vote for onw of our own. He's reping naija. Vote 'Point Blank' by 'Folasakin Iwajomo'http://mtvshuga.com/2011/11/mtv-shuga-talks-competition-final-three/
Multiple votin allowed if you refresh page after every hour. vote till Nov30.
Thanks guys
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by onatemaxwellc(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2012
my name is onate maxwell chinedu and my nickname is luckystar ...........i have talent in me ....i m very creative,am funny i can poeple forget their past ......i can act,write i need who will bring the real man in me out
my e- mail.ontechinedu@yahoo.com
tel.07037599453
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by Pointout: 1:50am On Apr 20, 2012
The observations on Nigerian so-called films, are real.

First,credit should be given to all who are involved in the film of a thing.

Really e no easy.May God keep blessing us.

That been said,i will not hide under"e no easy"and close my eyes to reality.

The reality is our films are no films i dont even know if to call it drama,but for the sake
of this write up i would refer to it as DRAMA.

Sure, we do have good storyline, good actors & actresses,good plots but all these are not
enough to make a good drama,its like cooking - to have a good cook all the ingredients
have to be measured and timmed,then can one have a testy cook, but if you just packed
everything together and anyhow certainy, you dont expect magic.It would end up testless

This is exactly the problem with our Dramas,its badly cooked.
from the writers to the producers,directors, the actors and actresses,plot,plot ants,
just name all.

At the early stage,can all these be forgiven, but we've come of age in our film
industry that most of these mistake,steps,acts should never happen.
Really we are static,we are not growing,and that is not good for the industry.

I was watching some of our drama with some of my white friends, the questions they were
asking were unbelieveable.I was totally ashamed.I wish i could come back home and help
in my little way.

Most of our drama look so childish,the whole shouting as if we are deff,the worst of all,
is on the pictures,synchronazation of the movement of the mouth and the wordens,
so poorly recorded & edited that one dont need to wonders why we've not broken through.

Look at Bollyword, they dont have storyline like we,
but the picture, the write up,and presentation makes it what it is.

Why are we in hurry to bring out a drama only to end up as rubish?

Why dont we spent extra naira to make a good film with good pictures,
certainly the people will still buy it even if it cost extra naira.

The submission is alway that the actors & actresses can do nothing to
change the situation.That is not true.

If they refuse to go on set knowingfully the low standard of the film
and that it is their faces and images that will be on the pictures,then
the producer has no choice but to channel that same resourece to improving the quality,
not only refusing to go on set, they could also give useful advice on the best cue.

Also,the Nigeria people should brace up and put a stop to buying poorly produced dramas,
for how long would you keep eating bad food when the choice is in your hand?

The biggest blame in my view should be on the film Board(The Authority in charge),
i believe there is no critic on the dramas before they hit the market,if such authority
exist, then they should all step down,they are all a symbol of failure.

In as much as we pray for the betterment of our film industry,let us cultivate the altitude
of" what has to be done must be done,and done well" this is the spirit and secret of europe.

May God continue to Bless Nigeria my home land.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by tajiri786: 7:03am On Apr 20, 2012
thanks dear this is good news i like it..
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by SandoRico: 12:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
there is production house that has been opened named the GREAT STARZ PRODUCTION HOUSE, strictly for upcoming stars. the producers number is 07068173363
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by blocx03: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2012
hello,am a theatre art student of uniben,and i would luv 2 go in to acting as a career,do u think with my knwoledge of my study,it will b of a gr8 impact 2me in the career?
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by michaelsis: 11:27am On Oct 18, 2012
If you are serious about becoming a nollywood actor i'm assuming you have already created a professional profile on nollywood connections. Here is the website http://www.nollywood.ning.com go there and make your profile if you havnt already. List as many skills as you have. Take it one step further and upload a short video skit showing off your different acting skills. This will deff give you a leg up. Thats why that website is the way to go. not posting little forums on here.. directors don't read this forum. But the do visit nollywood connections. Good luck to you. Hope you make it.
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by Chuksmanuel(m): 1:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
hi ,,i have a movie/tv soup ,,a very good story ,,to produce but I need an executive producer,, am an actor / MC ,n script writer ...i run a movie out fit ,,/movie house ..07062929312 ::Chuksmanuel@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by sage1000: 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Be very bad at acting for one...
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by stainlesssmith: 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
do you want to be an actor do you got all it takes contact amaka igwe studios today for more information on registration our email is amakaigweproductions@gmail.com or call the M.D +2348100936562
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by wisson: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Do you want to be an actor or actress in nollywood
and to upgrade your tanlent.Email director Wisson
at,,,,,,wissonhut@gmail.com or contact
+2348144380857
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by omorozzy(f): 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
Am anita, am from Edo state an undergraduate of fedpoly owerri. Public admin. Pls I love to be an actress I want it as a hobby. Pls if any connection pls u guys should link me. My mail is anita4luv_2007@yahoo.com. My nob is +2347031384115.thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by wisson: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
DO YOU WANT TO ART AS AN ACTRESS OR ACTOR?
HURRY UP THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO GRAB THE FORM..
OF BEING A DIRECTOR
SCRIP WRITER
PRODUCER
MUSICAL
ANYONE OF YOUR CHOICE CONTACT
SIR WHITE ON THIS EMAIL....sirwhite18@gmail.com)
OR CALL..+2348141794437
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by mromo9ja: 7:54am On Dec 31, 2013
Start the new year by increasing your economic values.
Learn Video Editing this January.
Its a special, holiday bonanza
Join the train before it moves past you.
A stitch in time...
Call 07043654999 for details NOW

PS
download the course outline attached below

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by Glasseyes: 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
My name is Salmon from ibadan,I'm a student and also a talented storywriter and am the kind who make research on every story I wrote.
Aare (the stranger)is story of a young man who is willing to sacrifice his life for what he lacks inorder to poccess it(he who try to wear to the crown must be able to withstand it weight)although this man poccess everything a man is expected to have,he is very rich and beautiful ladies flock around him but unfortunately for him he has to abandon all he had to find what he lacks.
This story is a brainteasing and full of suspense inwhich am looking forward to sell.
Please if you have interest contact me on this mail:salimonabbey@gmail.com,please if you have any contact with any actor or producer kindly message my email:salimonabbey@gmail.com,or call 08131661476.

Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by peterbrownn: 2:28am On Sep 19, 2014
NOLLYWOOD FORM FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE TALENT TO BECOME AN ACTOR OR ACTRESS, THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY NOW THE FORM IS AVIALABLE SO KINDLY CALL on +2348183242222 or email movietalenthunt1002@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Become A Nigerian Movie Star? by SlimShaddy10(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
phinter:
@dustiniyke. infact i plan to go into Nigerian Movies as an actor but I found out that, I have to first start with the story and hence I plan going into screenwriting. hopefully during next year's NYFA and Delyork film institute crash programme in Abuja. Please lets talk and rub minds, I wouldn't mind sharing some ideas with you. I believe the Nigerian movie industry is big with even greater potential.

Me and u needs to rub minds. We are like minds. I have a few movie story lines ready for sales. I also wish to be a movie producer. You know you count one b4 two.

Contacts:

08057186965 add me on watsapp
Mathematicalmakasi@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'I May Destroy You’: Weruche Opia Stars In HBO's Drama Of The Year / K.Brule: Nude Photo Of BBNaija Housemate Recording Music In Throwback Photo / BBNaija: "Efe Special Bread" Hits Town (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.