Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,522 members, 7,954,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP (1641 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by DanG1(m): 5:40am On Feb 08, 2012
Good day guys,
I recently bought a new Toshiba laptop, I bought it for the sake of installing some industrial programs on them but these programs are not supported by WINDOWS 7 and can work on WINDOWS XP
But I couldn't find a laptop that came with WINDOWS XP, so I had to settle for the WINDOWS 7.
But now I need to either downgrade to WINDOWS XP, or install a new WINDOWS XP, but I could find a genuine WINDOWS XP to buy as all outlet claims its not existing anymore.

So please house does anyone has an advice on what method I can use and how I can do this.
And also if anyone can do this for me, but I wouldn't like to have issues with it later on and I would not settle for a fake software.

Thanks in anticipation of your humble response
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by DanG1(m): 5:43am On Feb 08, 2012
Sorry the subject was meant to be this "Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP"
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by denzel2009: 5:44am On Feb 08, 2012
Depends on which version of windows 7 you have. If it's professional or ultimate, you can read up windows xp mode it allows you to run windows xp within windows 7.
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by DanG1(m): 8:20am On Feb 08, 2012
@denzel2009: yes its Windows 7 Professional. And how do I do what you are suggesting?
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by denzel2009: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2012
You have to read this http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/reviews/2010/01/windows-xp-mode.ars

and read up the process on Google.
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by DanG1(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks denzel for this. I have heard of this but you made it more clearer. My only fear is if it can run my industrial softwares without issues
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by denzel2009: 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2012
Dan-G:

Thanks denzel for this. I have heard of this but you made it more clearer. My only fear is if it can run my industrial softwares without issues
Any software that is compatible with windows xp sp3 will work. It's not different from your normal XP at all, just that it's virtualized in windows 7

It should look like this after the installation

Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by DanG1(m): 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks so much I will let you know how it goes
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by olammie01: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2012
i will get u a geniue windows xp just called olammie of that is what u want 08058076486
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by DanG1(m): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2012
Thanks Denzel2009.

I am using it now and it is working good.
Re: Downgrade Windows 7 Professional To Windows XP by denzel2009: 11:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
Dan-G:

Thanks Denzel2009.

I am using it now and it is working good.

Nice to see a happy customer wink

(1) (Reply)

USA Used HP Elitebook 8440w, Fast Intel Core I7 2.8ghz + NVIDIA Graphics -SOLD / Mtn Mifi 30gb Data Sim Available At A Cheap Price / Dont,i Repeat Dont Buy Mobitel 4g: Na Scam: Kip Usin Ur Current Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.