Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? (1420 Views)

"Phillipino Movies". Do They Really Suck? / What Movies Do You Watch When You Are Sad? / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by tundayluv: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
The two things are: ''shooting and consulting herbalist''
Though i'm used to watching yoruba movie before but now am fed up with it.

Now i prefer watching cartoon to watching yoruba movie coz every movie produced now will either have ''shooting in it or they consult herbalist''

Have you guys notice this?
Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by seunlayi(m): 6:20am On Feb 10, 2012
i hate those films

1 Like

Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by werepeLeri: 7:29am On Feb 10, 2012
Have you seen an American movie without kissing, shooting or gangsterism in it? What's the big deal about Yoruba film having those things?
Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by tundayluv: 7:50am On Feb 10, 2012
@werepeleri.
Americans were known for those ones while Yoruba was known to be educative and entertaining in the real african ways. But now all there story line is now based on gangsterism or making juju
Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by ImperialMcHael(m): 8:54am On Feb 10, 2012
I tire o, their plots are always about stealing, money rituals and traditional wickedness. They can't exceed ten scenes without shooting or jazzing themselves. The worst is they are consciously or unconsciously marketing the herbalists with their 15 (or more) minutes display of occultic gangs of black, red or white witches and wizards.
Mtcheeeeew!
Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
They did not force you to watch it undecided
Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by onyxo76(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
aside those 2 things: juju and shooting, i want to add that the actress show too much of their stretch marks infested breasts. there are scenes that you see their pant especially those that wear jeans. they also waste too much time on irrelevances particularly party scenes. can't stand most of them. i love those ones produced by mainframe pictures.
Re: Can't Yoruba Movies Do Without This Two Things? by mrcheeky(m): 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
Nigerian movies are total rubbish. I wonder why Nollywood Movies exists on my Sky + HD box!

Every time I come into the living room when my mum is watching Nollywood, all you hear is
"I AM YOUR BROTHER"
music: dun dun dun!!! then heartbeats.
And they pull off that stupid facial expression as if the person has come from planet Pluto  undecided

Cinematography is pathetic, you really need to work on it. Editing needs to be readdressed. How can you be using stylish-looking high performance cameras to record on-set and the editing downgrades the quality of the film to a substantial volume?!

Shooting and consulting a herbalist? Oh God help our country,
Nigeria, fix up sad

(1) (Reply)

Video + Picture: Man Lifts 50kg Bag Of Rice With His Teeth On Toni Payne's Show / Samsung 60 Inch LED TV For Sale In Lagos Nigeria - Buy Now / Predictions Om Game Of Thrones......serious Spoilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.