Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Often Do You Go To Your Village - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Often Do You Go To Your Village (6374 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Go To Your Village by melodyj(m): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2012
am kind of person dat lyk spendin xmas in d villa, is it gud goin 2 villa often??
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2012
melody j:

am kind of person dat lyk spendin xmas in d villa, is it gud goin 2 villa often??

Your question is really odd. It's not bad going to your village every day, if that's your thing.

Besides, you yourself haven't answered your own question - how often do you go to your village?
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by melodyj(m): 1:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
som pple dnt lyk goin 2 villa often cos of witch, nd orda bad pple dt may harm dem, bt me lyk goin evry xmas bt ma brodas s complain, ma question s dt s it bad goin 2 villa often?
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by ChefMike(m): 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2012
Once in a blue moon
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Dyt(f): 4:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
my village s jst a throw stone
jst dat d hold up mks it seem far
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by SamMilla1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
I like my village more than anything in the world. Infact thats where i escape to each time the hasle and noise in the city gets to me. I have not been bewitched yet and i m not expecting that. I have my compound fenced above 11 feet with barbed coiling wire at the top. No one comes unless you have something important to discuss. My mum resides there too . It is the most quiet place i have ever been. Above all, it is 5 minutes drive from Enugu City center. So yes, i go there every other weekend. Call me tomorrow afternoon and ask me where i am.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Pa22(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
For me its like a death sentence O! The place is quiet & small during the day but its the largest & busiest city in the whole world @ night!
would u like to go in my place? Lemme know & I'll gladly direct you!
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by MissyB3(f): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
Never been to my village, I doubt I miss anything.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by norrisman: 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
I havent been to my dad or mums village since '89 when my Grandad died. I don think my dad himself has been back there for well over 15 years.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by ochiaha1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
Missy_B:

Never been to my village, I doubt I miss anything.
[/quote

shocked Are you afraid of the fly-by-night people? grin

I prefer to go once in a year, around mid-January, when all the frenzied-rush-to-go- the-village people would have left and everywhere will be calm and idyllic.  smiley
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by omnitrix: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2012
mine is a bad case ooo.i seldom go to the village.my kids dont even know where they are from, TOO MUCH FETISHNESS
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2012
My village just 45 min drive from Enugu but I never liked going there. I think the last I did was in 2008 spent about 3 hours and left in a hurry.  grin grin grin Guess that same month I left Enugu, though I do visit Enugu but not my village. Just don't like it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
Every Xmas cant miss it for a million Dollar, Its been dat way since i was born  grin
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
omnitrix:

mine is a bad case ooo.i seldom go to the village.my kids dont even know where they are from, TOO MUCH FETISHNESS

Pele!! My advice is try and find a way to take them there someday. So it would be left for me to decide whether they still want to go or not.

Thank God for my village but I just don't like it there. Guess everyone else in my house loves going to the village.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by aribisala0(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
not everyone is a villager
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by badmrkt(m): 4:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
since the demise of ma pop(pa priestly)in 1997,your home boy has not stepped his foot on his god forsaken village
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
I guess majority of you posters are Igbo. Where will you go suppose Nigeria divide because most of you normally clamour for sovereign state of Biafra
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by badmrkt(m): 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
Batam:

I guess majority of you posters are Igbo. Where will you go suppose Nigeria divide because most of you normally clamour for sovereign state of Biafra
i know an heediot will turn this thread into a tribal war field.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Tnot(m): 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
@ least 2x in a year. No place like HOME.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2012
It unfortunate that many parents don't take their kids to their village. I can see a situation whereby in the near future some people won't know where they come from. And in a farther future people will not even know their ethnicity.

@Topic
The first time i went to my village after a long time was in 2003. I have been there four times ever since and i enjoy it whenever i'm there. The last time being in 2010/2011. My village is in the coal city and will soon be wiped out by development. I hope some part of the village life is preserved.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2012
I ve no business with the village. Those i know in my village are dead and those that are alive,i do not know. Strange place!
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by iice(f): 5:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Rarely.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Pongo(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
There are too many witches and wizards, so i dont go,
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pongo:

There are too many witches and wizards, so i dont go,

Isn't that what your parents told you? Go find out for yourself.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Pongo(m): 5:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
I have found out myself, I have never passed any exams since primary school and it has been confirmed that the people responsible are from my village,
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pongo:

I have found out myself, I have never passed any exams since primary school and it has been confirmed that the people responsible are from my village,

You've not passed an exam in your life because you're dumb and not because of the village people. Btw, how where you able to use your brain to know that the village people are responsible? Or does the jazz only work when you're writing exams?
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
@Babmrkt, from ya name i know you are such a duncee i posted my observation and you are crying why?
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Pongo(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2012
You've not passed an exam in your life because you're dumb and not because of the village people. Btw, how where you able to use your brain to know that the village people are responsible? Or does the jazz only work when you're writing exams?

Hey afam4eva You sound like a dumb individual youreslf, you seem to be lacking in upbringing the way you talk,
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pongo:

Hey afam4eva You sound like a dumb individual youreslf, you seem to be lacking in upbringing the way you talk,

I'm just reiterating what you said yourself. What have i done wrong?
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Pongo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
afam4eva:

I'm just reiterating what you said yourself. What have i done wrong?

Reading your reply: Im just giving you a honest opinion of yourself 'Dumb' and 'Lacking in Class and Upbringing' grin
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2012
Villagers are the worst set of people in terms of jealousy and envy infact they are dream killers.the best way to go is anytime they are expecting you dont go anytime they are not expecting you go,if anybody ask just tell him/her you are just passiing u didnt plan to come and if the person ask you to come to his house  for proper greeting just leave him and travel back.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pongo:

Reading your reply: Im just giving you a honest opinion of yourself 'Dumb' and 'Lacking in Class and Upbringing' grin

At least i'm not the one who called myself dumb. I wonder how you got to know about the internet. Those villagers should knack the nail well well so that you'll turn to a goat cos that what you're behaving like right now. Okpoko.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See One Yoruba Word That Has several Meanings / Yoruba Vs Igbo Weddings Which Is The Best?!?!!! / 13 Of The World’s Most Shocking Initiation Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.