Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How Often Do You Go To Your Village - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Often Do You Go To Your Village (6387 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by babaowo: 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
in village already tryn to jump out to sao polo
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Pongo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Freesia(f): 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
I have nothing but good memories when my grandparents were alive smiley Now the extended family has scattered all over the place
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by BodyKiss(m): 6:15pm On Feb 10, 2012
Once, every ninety kporogodo.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by MutuYaChuma: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
I hate villages.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by slimyem: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
'village' doesnt quite qualify my place.
Town is more like it and i go every public holiday that falls on a weekend.
Its the best place in the country! smiley
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2012
Last time I visited the village, either my mom or dad's was 1987. Honestly, I'm not missing either.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by nekaa(f): 7:18pm On Feb 10, 2012
avent been to my dad's home town since 02, buh mumsy's place like every year self.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by amtheone(m): 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2012
Oh Op u reminded me of my local fud that i find it hard to see in this lagos. I mean the real stuff. I return not long, but am preparing to embark again. Aerocontractors makes it very easy for me now for direct flight.

But some people are affraid of their villa becos of some, u can fill the rest.

Fear not try visit home
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
amtheone:

But some people are affraid of their villa becos of some, u can fill the rest.

Fear not try visit home

That's a pretty baseless assumption bro.

People have different memories of any given place, some good, some bad. Home? My definition of "home" is where you best feel at peace. If your village is somewhere in the North, but you were raised in Lagos, and feel at peace there, then Lagos could well be your home.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
There's a difference between your home and your village. Stop decieving people abeg.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
afam4eva:

There's a difference between your home and your village. Stop decieving people abeg.

I doubt you read what exactly I was responding to. I responded to this:

amtheone:

Fear not try visit home

Next time, don't be in too much of a rush to attack a post, without reading what the said post was in direct response to.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by amtheone(m): 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
@siena
If one village is not worth visiting then there is no problem. I know that there are some villages that are not worth visiting once u manage and escape to town/city.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by mrmayor(m): 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pongo:

There are too many witches and wizards, so i dont go,

Hahaha grin grin grin grin Nairaland una go kill persin o cheesy. I thought Nigerians are full of the Spirit and Anointing? Even Shildren of God or abi na MOG dey fear Witch? grin grin

I go to my Village very often, travelling from PH to the many Mangrove Fishing Villages that dot Rivers State is fun, I actually look forward going to Fishing villages not just my own. Many were almost abandoned due to militancy but life has returned to normal. If you guys are scared of small small Witches[size=13pt] ( not that I believe in them)[/size] you would shitt your pants when " Owu Amapu" that's Mamiwata devotees smile at you wink
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by osajojo(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2012
@poster there's is no road to my village. How do u want me to go there. Len to fly like the villagers fly to town to kill Pples uncles and auties. Hell no.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by ikeyman00(m): 10:32pm On Feb 10, 2012
@@@@

all these witch and wizard plz name ur village so we can relate ur una juju village
nl no bi am

una think say una clever
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Revolva(m): 10:43pm On Feb 10, 2012
Village, What has that got to do with me, or making me not close to my culture, I can be in the city and know much about my tribe and origin as an educated person, Ok

Village oya make una go sidon for una village, pack your load from city na, make hunger no finish you, they will come here and prasie their local. and primitive village as if better dey come from there
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by wowo2: 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2012
i used to call my hometown a village until i got to know it was its local govt headquarters
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by bashr8: 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2012
my villa in anambra is like 45 minutes drive from enugu city where i reside so i go there at least 10 times in a year especially festive periods , love the calm and peaceful enviroment , christmas time is a must, random weekends, iri ji ofulu  wink
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by osifred(m): 11:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
most of dis respond reminds me of Nigerian movies

@ poster not everybody is a villager sum of us are from the towns and cities where we live
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Yeske2(m): 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
Onitsha to Awka isn't far so almost every fortnight is not too bad if i have a ceremony to attend.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by oc2fish: 11:34pm On Feb 10, 2012
For the first twenty years of my life three times but for now once or twice
a week. I can just drive around and travel back. My village is 30 minutes
drive. I dont know most people ther,e although i enjoy looking around.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by hardbody: 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
My local govt and location of origin which some prefer to call a village is metropolitan (Arochukwu, the ancient city, so i wount call it a village), and it is d best place to be in d whole world. I visit every xmas, at least in d past 15yrs. I also visit my maternal ancestry home (calabar) at the same time as i visit Arochukwu. All those talks abt witches and wizards have always been there, my head is 2 strong 4 dem (apologies to d kokomaster), i will always visit, infact i visit at least 4 times each year. I am also developing properties. Everytime i hear that there are plans to either kill me or incapacitate me, i visit with a renewed vigour to place my success on the map of the environs. Guys, visit ur village, once u dont ingest poison, nothing will happen to you, after a while, they will start getting scared of u. Just be sure u fix ur stuff, get good tyres, sort ur car out and ensure u drive carefully in and out, nothing dey happen. I personally drive fro Lag to my villa round the year and believe me, nothing fit happen bc i believe in my creator and take all due precautions. It is Feb and everyone knows i will come in regularly and finally on Dec 24 every year. Nothing dey pa, anything wey pa, na winsch and even when wisch pa, God pass them. True talk
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Shollymama: 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2012
I don't have any business in my home town except my mum that is still there and she used to visit us from time to time
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by princeonx: 2:30am On Feb 11, 2012
Any body wey dey avoid him village because of witch should name the village while posting so that readers can beware!
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by tpia5: 3:14am On Feb 11, 2012
used to have this friend whose parents were from relatively big towns.

she'd literally be agape with wonder at the thought of people coming from the small small villages with no light or electricity and where folks still cook with firewood.

tell her you're from a village and she would look at you with amazement.

na wa for naija, lol.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Afam4eva(m): 5:27am On Feb 11, 2012
A village just means where you come and not necessaarily and not exactly the literal meaning.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 11, 2012
I am not even sure if my grandpa will recognize my younger ones and I sef undecided . The last time they saw me was 9 years ago, during ma papi's burial cry
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Lovine: 7:16am On Feb 11, 2012
The wife I married without courting her kept me from coming to the village. I am afraid of going because she is diabolical and any time I visited village I always experience one problem or another. Before I don't believe that there are witches and wizards in my village until I was attacked and I lost everything that I had. This my wife prays like fire, her voices are just like the angels when she sings, but she is full of evils, got a child for me through another man, caught her read handed on bed with another, love her family and brothers more than my self, etc. I don't know where to start, several times tried to kill me, etc. WITH THIS AND MANY MORE REASONS HAVE NOT BEEN TO MY VILLAGE SINCE 2005. STILL SHE REFUSES TO GO.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 11, 2012
I now know why my popsie hardly travel to the village. Each time i go there as the first son,one envious uncle always haggle me wit ''dis land belong to me,nobody should farm on it'' whereas he knows exactly it belongs to my late grandpop.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2012
Lovine:

The wife I married without courting her kept me from coming to the village. I am afraid of going because she is diabolical and any time I visited village I always experience one problem or another. Before I don't believe that there are witches and wizards in my village until I was attacked and I lost everything that I had. This my wife prays like fire, her voices are just like the angels when she sings, but she is full of evils, got a child for me through another man, caught her read handed on bed with another, love her family and brothers more than my self, etc. I don't know where to start, several times tried to kill me, etc. WITH THIS AND MANY MORE REASONS HAVE NOT BEEN TO MY VILLAGE SINCE 2005. STILL SHE REFUSES TO GO.

Wow. shocked All this, and you're still with this lady?? You say she's tried to kill you, several times. Give her enough time, and she may well succeed. Are you bound to this woman for life? As in did you do one of those funny convenants? Because I see no reason why any sane man will remain married to the sort of woman you're describing here.
Re: How Often Do You Go To Your Village by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2012
ℓ̊ go to ♍γ̲̣̣̥ village every year. Especially around july during d new yam festival and stay till september. If ℓ̊ don't go in Λ̸̸̸̨̨ year, ℓ̊ can cry, its funnnnn to be der, u get to visit relatives, get pampered with food and palmwine and also rest. ℓ̊ get to visit Λ̸̸̸̨̨ real stream and eat food gotten straight from d ground without fertilizer! Our drinking water gushes out from Λ̸̸̸̨̨ rock. We still fetch water from the stream to have our bath or bath in the stream. Its sooo cool. ℓ̊ also learn ♍γ̲̣̣̥ language more. When its time to go, der are alwaz tears, can't wait to go this year! Idomi ♍γ̲̣̣̥ idomi! As for witches and wizards, well, in all ♍γ̲̣̣̥ 20 years of going der, never seen them nor heard of them so its all good! In case u wanna visit, its idomi village in cross river state

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Weddings Which Is The Best?!?!!! / Were Hausas The Ancient Egyptians? / Hilarious Meanings Of "Eh Hen" In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.