Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

.:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. (7402 Views)

I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / Steve Jobs Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by aieromon(m): 3:45am On Feb 10, 2012
The FBI files of Steve Jobs have been released, showing a man who commanded respect as an innovator but was questioned on his honesty and morality.

The file was prepared on the Apple founder as he was considered for a presidential appointment in 1991 during George H W Bush's time in office.

Documents also revealed that Jobs had been the victim of an extortive bomb threat in 1985.

Jobs' files note, too, his conversion to Buddhism and admissions of drug use.

The documents were made public on Thursday through freedom of information laws, and posted to the FBI's website.

"Several individuals questioned Mr Jobs' honesty stating that Mr Jobs will twist the truth and distort reality in order to achieve his goals," said a summary of the FBI background check.

A former business associate who blamed Jobs because he had not received lucrative stock he thought was due to him characterised the Apple founder as an "honest and trustworthy individual; however, his moral character is questionable".

Others told the interviewer that Jobs was difficult to work with, no surprise given details of his volatile temperament that emerged in his biography last year.

The unfavourable comments gleaned during the background check did not prevent Jobs being appointed to an unpaid post advising the president on export policy.

Jobs died in October after a years-long struggle with cancer.

The interviewees' names have been redacted by the FBI, with the exception of Jobs himself.

The Apple founder admitted to experimenting with drugs, including LSD, in the 1970s.

Another interviewee spoke of Jobs' high-profile reputation within Silicon Valley.

Jobs was "not an engineer in the real sense", the source says, but "an innovative force within the technical community".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16971177
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by aieromon(m): 3:48am On Feb 10, 2012
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by jamewhite86: 4:32am On Feb 10, 2012
Several individuals questioned Mr Jobs' honesty stating that Mr Jobs will twist the truth and distort reality in order to achieve his goals," said a summary of the FBI background check.thanks
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Novice1(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2012
Why lash at the poor soul after his death? is he the only person that "will twist the truth and distort reality in order to achieve his goals"? Tell me how many business/political leaders are exempt from this? very few.

It is an undisputable fact that Mr. Jobs revolutionalised the tech industry along with his colleagues at Apple, introducing game-changing and paradigm-shifting gadgets like th iphone, ipad, etc.

I sense a smear campaign from either or all of Android,BB and Symbian Chaps.

Allow the man to rest in peace, jare.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Finland(m): 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2012
No one is perfect and you can hardly find someone in that kinda height of success who is a saint. Even Bill Gates, Steve said Bill gates stole his platform in building windows and bill gates did not deny that. NO ONE IS PERFECT! grin
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
No one is an angel when it comes to money, now my question is did the FBI unaware of his crookedness during his lifetime?
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by charlsecy4(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2012
Great Wealth is Incompatible with Great Virtues!
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 10, 2012
The guy was a BUSINESS MAN, period

I don't even know claim he was great man, or that he added anything special to humanity

He was a shrewd business man, and APPLE equipments are freaking to expensive for the services they render

Take away the glamour from APPLE PRODUCTS, and you will see MICROSOFT is way ahead of apple,

He's dead now, let's move on

Steve Jobs ain't no Gandhi, MLK, John Lenon, Nelson Mandela or Malcolm X

He's not different from other shrewd billionaires out there
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Pukkah: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2012
Why wait until he passed on? Is there any stupendously rich person that is not somehow controversial?
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by eghost247(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2012
Pukkah:

Why wait until he passed on? Is there any stupendously rich person that is not somehow controversial?
my thoughts exactly why wait till he is dead
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by aglomar: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
He changed d world and also did all that. Waíting 4 d file on B. Gates.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by lifestyle1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2012
Let he/she without a sin cast the stone. undecided
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
There's nothing newsworthy in this report. We already know everything from his biography.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Solozzo(m): 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2012
My only grouse with Apple is that such a multimillionaire company should pay a decent wage and allowances to it's workers in china, just like he foreign oil companies do in Nigeria. This issue is a shame on Apple, and protest will soon begin about its greed and selfishness.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by logica(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
aieromon:

A former business associate who blamed Jobs because he had not received lucrative stock he thought was due to him characterised the Apple founder as an "honest and trustworthy individual; however, his moral character is questionable".
Isn't this a contradiction? No wonder the assessment was disregarded especially since it sounds like sour-grapes.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2012
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by teewai27: 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2012
not suprised,
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by FEMARY1: 12:15am On Feb 11, 2012
aieromon:

The FBI files of Steve Jobs have been released, showing a man who commanded respect as an innovator but was questioned on his honesty and morality.

The file was prepared on the Apple founder as he was considered for a presidential appointment in 1991 during George H W Bush's time in office.

Documents also revealed that Jobs had been the victim of an extortive bomb threat[b] in 1985.[/b]

Jobs' files note, too, his conversion to Buddhism and admissions of drug use.

The documents were made public on Thursday through freedom of information laws, and posted to the FBI's website.

"Several individuals questioned Mr Jobs' honesty stating that Mr Jobs will twist the truth and distort reality in order to achieve his goals," said a summary of the FBI background check.

Others told the interviewer that Jobs was difficult to work with, no surprise given details of his volatile temperament that emerged in his biography last year.

The unfavourable comments gleaned during the background check did not prevent Jobs being appointed to an unpaid post advising the president on export policy.

Jobs died in October after a years-long struggle with cancer.

The interviewees' names have been redacted by the FBI, with the exception of Jobs himself.

The Apple founder admitted to experimenting with drugs, including LSD, i[b]n the 1970s.[/b]

Another interviewee spoke of Jobs' high-profile reputation within Silicon Valley.

Jobs was "not an engineer in the real sense", the source says, but "an innovative force within the technical community".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16971177
How many decades ago.Take it or leave it,the man Steve has changed the way we live at least in this this age.

Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Mobinga: 1:39am On Feb 11, 2012
The OP is an Android fanboy. grin
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by oyewolejos(m): 6:47am On Feb 11, 2012
shymmex:

The guy was a BUSINESS MAN, period

I don't even know claim he was great man, or that he added anything special to humanity

He was a shrewd business man, and APPLE equipments are freaking to expensive for the services they render

Take away the glamour from APPLE PRODUCTS, and you will see MICROSOFT is way ahead of apple,

He's dead now, let's move on

Steve Jobs ain't no Gandhi, MLK, John Lenon, Nelson Mandela or Malcolm X

He's not different from other shrewd billionaires out there

God bless u
I don't know why people don't get it that Jobs is just a money bag promoting his business. He ain't no saint or a Gani for crying out loud
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Immanuelle: 7:51am On Feb 11, 2012
Steve jobs is a man of honour. So u guyz let his soul rest in peace.R.I.P STEVE once again
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by crackhouse(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2012
The summary of the whole thing is that steve jobs is gone and he is gone forever and have also decayed in his grave. So what matters now and forever is where he is, heaven or hell?. Whether he was the richest man when was alive or not is no longer the issue cos he can't even see, smell or touch any of those monies again. That's a lesson to the living, no matter how u made ur money, whether it's by false pretence, by crook or by hook or even genuinely, u must surely lose it one day. One thing is certain and it's death. So u better be honest, reliable and good at all times cos that's what matters after death.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 11, 2012
same way he told us adobe flash is bad so he could keep apple stores in business

forgetting flash is a product of another company like his.
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by favouredjb(f): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2012
Let him rest jor
Re: .:. Steve Jobs' Fbi Files Question His Honesty And Morality .:. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 11, 2012
we all know about the reality distortion field cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Replace The Internal Fan Of My Hp Pavilion G6 Laptop / Bluestacks App- How Do I Reduce High Browsing Data Consumption. / Dell GAMING RIG 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 7th Gen. Quad-core i5, 4GB Nvidia GTX 1050

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.