Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael (1581 Views)

A 2-hour Exposition On Tithing And Debate With A Nigerian Tithe Preacher / Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good. Lets Do Away With It! / Tithes Again! A Detailed Debate With New Arguments Shedding A Different Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by tbaba1234: 11:46am On Feb 10, 2012
Religion does more harm than good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid at NUIG debate with Michael Nugent

Brilliant Presentation

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4VYeuq5SnE[/flash]
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by crossman9(m): 12:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
I find it good you are trying to defend faith but Islam kills people don’t believe in there God and they want to wipe out Israel how can it even be called peace
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by mazaje(m): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2012
Imagine the stupid points being raised like religion bringing proper dressing to the people of Ireland, the guy actually said that. . . . grin cheesy
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by vedaxcool(m): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2012
mazaje:

Imagine the silly points being raised like religion bringing proper dressing to the people of Ireland, the guy actually said that. . . . grin cheesy

It is more gladdening that you could not refute the numerous point he rose, the real substance of his point, rather you stay here laughing at your total ineptitude to refute brilliant points he raised. He said " £9000 for a degree was brought by secular ideology not religion, religion gave free education .   .   ." these are real hard facts that all man enjoyed were clearly fostered and started by religion, Honesty is indeed asking to much from people these days. Religion - Islam literally brought knowledge to mankind, not atheism which has not brought what is desired. Till date you could harldy bringing any tangible points to the table with regards to state atheism etc. in the thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.64.html#msg8852025

@crossman, you would help yourself by addressing salient points he raised instead of sounding like a pre-recorded message that can hardly be sustained by even the minutest toleration of illogical points. as clearly the Christians in Damascus who preferred fighting for Muslims to rule over were not insane or the Jew zine zoroh "Islam is the best thing to have happen to us, why did he say so? because Islam brought peace and protected the jews from persecuetion!
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by mazaje(m): 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2012
vedaxcool:

It is more gladdening that you could not refute the numerous point he rose, the real substance of his point, rather you stay here laughing at your total ineptitude to refute brilliant points he raised. He said " £9000 for a degree was brought by secular ideology not religion, religion gave free education

He did not make ANY reasonable point, I just listened to the first point about dressing and stopped the video. . . .What education has islam brought to man kind?. . .How has the education that islam brought helped humanity in any way?. . . Electricity, computers, cars, airplanes, modern medicine, anthropology just to mention a few are all a result of secular education and have helped humanity tremendously, PLEASE state ONE product of islamic education that can match any of these. . . .Islam gave free education and how has the free education that islam gave benefited humanity?. . . .

.   .   ." these are real hard facts that all man enjoyed were clearly fostered and started by religion, Honesty is indeed asking to much from people these days. Religion

Electricity, modern medicine, democracy, cars, sports, movies, alcohol etc where all started by which religion?. . .Which of these started with Islam?. . . . . grin

- Islam literally brought knowledge to mankind, not atheism which has not brought what is desired.

Which knowledge has islam brought to mankind, and how is it that many men have survived and prospered without any knowledge of islam and the alleged education it brought?. . . .Which knowledge has islam brought to mankind that can be equated to say mathematics or biology?. . .

Till date you could harldy bringing any tangible points to the table with regards to state atheism etc. in the thread  https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-723007.64.html#msg8852025

I have never advocated for state atheism neither have  I ever stated that atheism has brought knowledge to humanity, you on the other hand have stated that your own brand of religion called islam has brought knowledge to humanity , lets see how you defend this outlandish and ridiculous claim. .  .
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2012
@mazaje: you might like to watch the video to the end before making uninformed comments,
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by vedaxcool(m): 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
mazaje:

He did not make ANY reasonable point, I just listened to the first point about dressing and stopped the video. . . .

Ok, then you are not worth my time responding to, go watch the video in totality, then you would clearly understand what he was talking about. I think you only succeeded in proving yourself a wanabe atheist, one who does not want to read, nor want to hear only interested in making jest! unless i am wrong.
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by mazaje(m): 7:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
vedaxcool:

Ok, then you are not worth my time responding to, go watch the video in totality, then you would clearly understand what he was talking about. I think you only succeeded in proving yourself a wanabe atheist, one who does not want to read, nor want to hear only interested in making jest! unless i am wrong.

You are wrong, I really wanted to watch the video and I know very well that religion like every other thing has its good and bad sides. . I was completely uninterested when I noticed that his very first point was very false. He falsely stated that religion brought clothing to the people of Ireland and northern europe. Once I heard that I stopped watching, but will watch it now since am free. . .
Re: Religion Does More Harm Than Good? 2/2 Adnan Rashid At Nuig Debate With Michael by vedaxcool(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2012
^^^
ok then would be looking for your views on the points raised

(1) (Reply)

Divine Remembrance / Set Out A Covenant Time. / Exposed! Pst Chris Caught Asking Churches To Contribute N10million For Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.