Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Difference Between: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between: (501 Views)

What Is The Fundamental Difference Between Science And Religion? / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Pharisee? / Difference Between a Religion and a Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between: by stepo707: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2012
Whats the difference between Son of Man(Matt 9:6, Matt 25:13, luke 18:8,Luke 12:40 etc) and Son of God(john 20:31, john 11:4) as attributed to Jesus Christ?
I need the answer to answer a muslim guy who claims jesus christ lied by claiming to belong to both son of man and son of God.
Thanks
Re: Difference Between: by stepo707: 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2012
Guys please help me out am meeting with him again tommorrow.he said jesus christ was either confused or didn't know what he saying when he both referred to himself as son of man and son of God
Re: Difference Between: by LagosShia: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2012
first and foremost,I am muslim and i would like to help the both of you because both of you sound confused.

the concept of "son of God" in jewish tradition is figurative and not literal as christians have made it to be.you can please review this thread:

Can God Have A Son?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-811919.0.html

as for the concept of "son of man",we as muslims believe Jesus had no earthly or heavenly biological father.so may be the christians could explain better which man was Jesus' father and why or how.

you are confused because you are christian and you take the concept of "son of God" literal.

the muslim fellow is confused for attributing what looks contradictory between "son of God" and "son of man" to Jesus himself or may be he is just trying to awaken your senses.ofcourse as muslims we know whatever contradiction is attributed to Jesus is not from Jesus (as) himself.so the muslim fellow should blame the bible and those who tampered with it or the christian (mis)interpretation of things.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is T.B JOSHUA Always Prophesying About Death? / Christian Missionary Corner, Share Your Story In The Field! / Islam Forbids Killing, Bombings - Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.