Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! (547 Views)

Agents Advice Is Needed. My Landlord Is About Moving In. / Feasible Advice Needed Urgently! My Landlord Is Exploiting Us. / I Nid Advise - My Landlord Is A Terrorist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! by RexCarl: 9:05pm On Feb 10, 2012
Please nairalanders, what am I to do? I'm an old n/lander with a new id for personal reasons and I'd appreciate advise from you guys.
Story: I paid for a 2bedroom flat in june last at 300k/yr for 2yrs, agency + agreement + water totalling 714k. moved in june.
it's an old building and despite paying so much, i still carried out some renovations (plumbing, fixing leaky roof etc). Now, in dec (15th precisely), I was called from work that some people were removing the roof of the whole building. Needless to say that I took a bike from my office in V/I  to Agege/Dopemu area. On getting home, the whole roof was off, police didn't budge with claims that it was a civil matter and i should see my landlord.

i moved out that day to an uncompleted structure in ogun state with my 9month old son, pregnant wife and aged mother.

F/forward: Landlord after a lot of wahala, told me some omoniles were trying to take over his property claiming it belonged to their father who's late. I don't really want to get into this cos it's not very clear to me too. He managed to refund 300k after a lot of stress. Now, balance me minimum of 150k if i do a rough estimate or 168k if i leave out damaged properties and cost of relocating and lost items as a result of unforeseen/unplanned relocation, he's not budging. he insists he pitied me that's why he gave me something at all.

As i type now, building has been demolished by same omonile (or so he claims). On asking for my balance, he's asking me to sue as i can't seem to understand that he's lost his property.

Conclusion: what can I do?
Re: Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! by RexCarl: 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2012
Please i need help here.
Re: Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! by RexCarl: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
Lawyers, police and others please help a brother out. It's a very serious issue.
I'm so confused, i can't eat. I'm in a daze often times at work and can't concentrate.

Anybody
Re: Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! by RexCarl: 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2012
Does the citizens mediation centre in alausa treat cases like this?
if yes, what are my chances?
can i claim for damages/lost items?
if yes, how much?

I need answers please!!!
Re: Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
Any agreement drawn before you moved in, is this sort of case covered in the agreement?
Re: Sos: Landlord Is Trying To Rip Me Off! by RexCarl: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
No agreement was drawn, though he collected 30k for agreement.

(1) (Reply)

Big 4 Bedroom Duplex House 4 Sales@20m / What Tennancy Appartment Can Possbily Be Built On A 120x30 Piece Of Land? / For Sale:hectares, Acres, Plots Of Land At Agbowa, Gbarigbe, Epe, Ikorodu, Eleko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.