Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

PASTOR ANITA: Be Mindful Of Your New Nature (righteousness) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PASTOR ANITA: Be Mindful Of Your New Nature (righteousness) (1173 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PASTOR ANITA: Be Mindful Of Your New Nature (righteousness) by Joagbaje(m): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2012
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him (Colossians 3:9-10).

God has brought you out of darkness into His Kingdom of light; the Kingdom of His dear Son (Colossians 1:13). Therefore, you must let go of any attitude that’s not of God. In 1 Corinthians 6:5-9, the Apostle Paul rebuked the Christians in Corinth because their way of life didn’t portray the new nature of righteousness they had received. As a new creation, it’s important you recognize that you’ve been completely delivered from the worldly lifestyle. You’re not the same man you were before you were born again. Your old nature was supplanted with God’s nature of righteousness.

The Bible says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things have disappeared, and-look!-all things have become new!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 ISV).

The old lifestyle, old ways of thinking and doing things have been supplanted. People may still call or address you by the same name with which they knew you prior to your rebirth; they may call you a smoker, a drunk, a liar or any other name; it makes no difference. The Bible says,

. . . “And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God” (1 Corinthians 6:11).

Notice it didn’t say “and such are some of you…” rather it says “…and such were some of you,” because now that you’re in Christ you’ve been cleansed of all unrighteousness. You’ve been separated from sin unto God, and declared righteous, in the Name of the Lord, and by the Spirit of our God! The blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, has purged your conscience from dead works to serve the living God (Hebrews 9:14).

God wants you to recognize your new identity – see the picture of the new you and live that way. You don’t know what you really look like until you look into the mirror of God – His Word. It’s the mirror that shows your real picture in Christ Jesus. It shows that old life with which you were born by your parents doesn’t matter now, for things have changed! You’re now a new creation. Your conduct as a Christian must now reflect your new personality in Christ Jesus – your new nature, which is the nature of righteousness.

Confession
I’ve put on the new nature of righteousness. I have in my spirit the incorruptible life of God. This new life is in every cell of my blood, every bone of my body, and every fiber of my being! Today, I walk in the reality of the new life of righteousness which I’ve received in Christ. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Re: PASTOR ANITA: Be Mindful Of Your New Nature (righteousness) by newmi(m): 10:01am On Feb 11, 2012
@Joagbaje
The concept of righteousness has generated several debates please can you help out on these few questions
# WHAT IS RIGHTEOUSNESS?
# IS RIGHTEOUSNESS ONE AND THE SAME WITH HOLINESS
# IF NO THEN WHAT IS HOLINESS?
# CAN ONE BECOME MORE RIGHTEOUS OR HOLY AT ANY GIVEN TIME?
thank you for responding it will help alot.
Re: PASTOR ANITA: Be Mindful Of Your New Nature (righteousness) by Joagbaje(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2012
give me some time
Re: PASTOR ANITA: Be Mindful Of Your New Nature (righteousness) by Chuksxp: 11:14pm On Feb 12, 2012
newmi:

@Joagbaje
The concept of righteousness has generated several debates please can you help out on these few questions
# WHAT IS RIGHTEOUSNESS?
# IS RIGHTEOUSNESS ONE AND THE SAME WITH HOLINESS
# IF NO THEN WHAT IS HOLINESS?
# CAN ONE BECOME MORE RIGHTEOUS OR HOLY AT ANY GIVEN TIME?
thank you for responding it will help alot.

#1) I cannot say I have 100 percent knowledge of all aspects of righteousness, but from what I've seen in the bible righteousness is being presented with at least two meanings.

2 Corinth 5:21 - God made him who had no sin to be sin a for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. NIV

2 Corinth 5:21 - God had Christ, who was sinless, take our sin so that we might receive God's approval through him. GWT

In the above passage, righteousness is seen as having God's approval. It means to be made right with God or to have a right standing with God. However, here's another view of righteousness below:

1 John 3:7 - The one who does what is right is righteous

This is self-explanatory; Righteousness also means to do what is right.

#2) This is one of the most confusing things for a lot of people. Though righteousness and holiness are used interchangeably a lot of times, the two are still a bit different. I've explained what righteousness means.

#3) Holiness, according to the bible, means to be separated or set apart for God's purpose; it means to be unique and different from the world.

2 Corinth 6:17 - Therefore, “Come out from them and be SEPARATE, says the Lord.

Romans 12:1b,2a - , offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, HOLY and pleasing to God—this is true worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world,

#4) This is also confusing to a lot of people. There are lots of debates on this issue. Are we made holy and righteous once we come to Christ? Or do we strive to become holy and righteous even after receiving Christ? The answer is: BOTH. The bible is very clear that through Christ we are made holy and righteous.

1 Corinth 1:30 - It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Yet, the same bible still commands us to strive for holiness.

Hebrews 12:14 - STRIVE for peace with everyone, and for the HOLINESS without which no one will see the Lord.

So, holiness and righteousness are both definite and progressive.  smiley

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Truth Of How We Been Robbed By Men Of God (pastors). / Lucifer - Where Did The Word Come From And What Is It's True Meaning? / Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.