Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers (68762 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Charlene & Sharon Oyakhilome: Daughters Of Pastor Chris & Anita (Picture) / (pastor Anita Oyakhilome “Birthday Celebration” or Goddess Worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 6:43am On Sep 07, 2014
The exact facts of the Oyakhilome's divorce case have been stated below. It shows that though Pastor Anita didn't use the word 'adultery', she says her husband keeps 'inappropriate relationships with female members of the church' and that his husband also humiliates her whenever these females are around- 'She feels humiliated by the way he treats her in the presence of his close female staff members'. Facts have emerged at the weekend that the ground on which Pastor Anita Oyakhilome is seeking to divorce her husband, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the President of Believers’ Love World Inc., popularly known as Christ Embassy, is not adultery but on behaviours that suggest that she cannot ‘reasonably be expected’ to live with him.

There had been media reports that Anita decided to divorce Pastor Chris based on allegations of ‘adultery’ and ‘unreasonable behaviours’ but a copy of the court papers for the divorce process filed at the Principal Registry of the Family Division (PRFD) of the High Court of Justice in possession of THISDAY, revealed that she applied for “divorce on the ground that the marriage has broken down irretrievably.”
In her statement of case in support of petition at PRFD with number FD14001650, Pastor Anita however, accused her husband of having inappropriate relationship with some of his female staff members.

According to the statement, “the wife has discussed with the husband his appropriate relationship with some of his female staff members. She has explained that this has given her cause for concern. The husband has minimised her worries and taken no step to alleviate her grievances.”

In fact, the statement indicated no allegation of adultery as there was no co-respondent to the petition and no names were mentioned.
Dictionary.com defines adultery as “voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.”
The statement reads in part: “The wife submits that her marriage to the husband has irretrievably broken down and there is no hope of reconciliation. The wife will submit that it is the husband’s unreasonable behaviours which have led to this.

“The husband and the wife are both Pastors. The husband undertakes his work, in the main, in South Africa and Nigeria. The wife lives in the United Kingdom. The wife will say that they have lived separately for 16 years and over this time have drifted apart. The wife has come to realise that the husband will only visit the UK for annual church programmes that he holds rather than to be with this wife. The wife feels that he has been unavailable as a father to their children during their developing years.

“The wife feels that their marriage suffered under the pressure of their work. They would rarely spend time together due to the husband unavailability. Special occasions such as Christmas, Birthdays and family occasions and anniversaries past them by and their rarely spent any time together as a family as the husband was more devoted to his work than he was to them.

“The wife feels that she has been used to portray and enhance the husband’s image as a family man when the reality is that there is no existing relationship between them. She feels that she has been present for official functions simply for his convenience. On occasions she has been copied into his travel itinerary which has been given to him by his staff on a need to know basis.
“The wife has tried to discuss her concerns with the husband. He claims that she is carnal and he is insensitive to her feelings and her needs.”

“As a result of the husband’s attitude to their marriage, the wife will say that he is virtually not recognised as a married man in the ministry. His teachings and beliefs on marriage is that the husband is a master and a controller and the wife will say that his concept of biblical; submission is so extreme that it is impossible for her to meet his expectations. She feels humiliated by the way he treats her in the presence of his close female staff members and she feels that she has been taken for granted which has become unbearably stressful for her.

“The wife will say that the relationship with the husband is non-existent to the point that his itinerary which was announced publicly at the beginning of the year had no provision for time with his family. His staff members who travel with him organise both his personal and professional life without any input from her. The wife will say that she is treated with disregard almost like akin to an intruder.
“The wife feels that she has been mentally, physically and emotionally deprived of the experience of a marital relationship. She feels that the husband has persistently judged her and his communication with her has been unduly harsh. The wife knows that he was hard to please and has been extremely critical.
“The wife reserves the right to expand on all of these particulars if the divorce petition is defended.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/adultery-not-anita-oyakhilome-s-ground-for-divorce-court-papers-show/188414/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 07, 2014
Kemi pihenro please court! Now that the media are "minding their biz" as you requested....

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by kayboy4y(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2014
See gobe

2 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 7:11am On Sep 07, 2014
The question however is, whats the difference between a married man keeping inappropriate relationship with girls and extra marital runs and adultery? Aren't these a matter of semantics and legal choice of words. Just like saying having a carnal knowledge of someone and sleeping with the person or saying six instead of half a dozen. These days, Its a general term used by Lawyers in divorce cases. Legally speaking you don't see words like Adultery, fornication, immorality etc in such cases. What Lawyers use are words like inappropriate relationships, extra marital affairs, carnal knowledge, etc.

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:11am On Sep 07, 2014
Pastor Chris, why would you humiliate your wife before your female church members na? That's so unfair...Did you ever hear the saying ' Hell has no fury like a woman spurned?' Even this unbelieving me never belittles my woman before other females; its a no, no! Pastor Chris , you need to repent with hot tears before your god. I can also not understand how some female members of your church still support you over your wife, a member of their gender? Well, i think you have brainwashed them well and hard; and maybe some of them are hoping it will soon be their turn in bed with you at the white house. Pastor Chris, what more can i say? just keep enjoying jare.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by texaco1: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2014
Make these 2 millionaires go siddon for one corner jare . Let them share their millions and go separate ways if they can't cope together.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Tallesty1(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2014
Oduduwaboy: Pastor Chris, why would you humiliate your wife before your female church members na? That's so unfair...Did you ever hear the saying ' Hell has no fury like a woman spurned?' Even this unbelieving me never belittles my woman before other females; its a no, no! Pastor Chris , you need to repent with hot tears before your god. I can also not understand how some female members of your church still support you over your wife, a member of their gender? Well, i think you have brainwashed them well and hard; and maybe some of them are hoping it will soon be their turn in bed with you at the white house. Pastor Chris, what more can i say? just keep enjoying jare.
Don't judge him yet. The woman complained of living separately, saying that the only time they stay together as a family is when he comes to UK. But did you see where she said that she wanted to join him in Nigeria or S.Africa and he refused? I'm still searching for something like that.

They need our prayers not judgement.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 07, 2014
“The wife reserves the right to expand on all of these particulars if the divorce petition is defended.”

It seem there's still a lot more to be said. I wonder if Pastor Chris will defend.

3 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by PastorKun(m): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2014
It's really a shame that Oyakhilome allowed his marriage to deteriorate to this level. As far back as four years ago it got leaked to the public that they were having marital issues. This is more than enough time to make amends but I guess Oyakhilome was more interested in building his personal empire and sampling the various women that flock around him than keeping his home intact. A ministry that would permanently keep you separated from your family is definitely not from God. Unfortunately Oyaks is too proud arrogant and conceited to admit his folly and retrace his steps. The only reasonable thing for him to do is to go a beg for his wife's forgiveness, reunite with his family and start living with them and get rid of his numerous female bed warmers. It is extremely unacceptable and totally disrespectful for a man to disregard his wife in the presence of other women.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by ofala(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2014
This is quite UNFORTUNATE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by PastorKun(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
jbird1:

It seem there's still a lot more to be said. I wonder if Pastor Chris will defend.

Pastor Chris arrogance and conceit would probably push him to defend, I only hope for the sake of the church he receives good counsel from his lawyers and he doesn't go that route else the whole thing would get pretty messy.

1 Like

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2014
PastorKun:

Pastor Chris arrogance and conceit would probably push him to defend, I only hope for the sake of the church he receives good counsel from his lawyers and he doesn't go that route else the whole thing would get pretty messy.
Those unclad single girls that live with him and travel everywhere with him are the cause of all this mess. They are home breakers. Its shameful that they not only brag about this, and also so shameful that pastor chris even neglects his wife's presence when the girls are around. for crying out loud why. isn't it better that he does his runs quietly outside and gives the wife her due respect when she is around than bringing the whole thing home? it boils down to he has no respect for the wife.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2014
Those unclad single girls that live with him and travel everywhere with him are the cause of all this mess. They are home breakers. Its shameful that they not only brag about this, and also so shameful that pastor chris even neglects his wife's presence when the girls are around. for crying out loud why. isn't it better that he does his runs quietly outside and gives the wife her due respect when she is around than bringing the whole thing home? it boils down to he has no respect for the wife.

1 Like

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2014
"The wife also feels that her husband spends so much time and money on hair perms and gels" grin
Anita take heart, you'll find a better man soon.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by ednut1(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2014
meanwhile some magas will drop tithe and offering today for hin church. praise d lord

28 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by texaco1: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Somethings getting me puzzled . Why is this divorce palava coming at a time the uk govt is investigating the finances of Christ embassy in uk? I think there is more to this divorce issue than what they are telling us.

9 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 8:14am On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: Don't judge him yet. The woman complained of living separately, saying that the only time they stay together as a family is when he comes to UK. But did you see where she said that she wanted to join him in Nigeria or S.Africa and he refused? I'm still searching for something like that.

They need our prayers not judgement.
For Christ sake how can a man live for 16 years without his wife and he is still comfortable with it. Okay, lets leave the wife aside for now, the daughters are now teenagers or so. So it means since they were babies or toddlers till now they never lived with their father or his physical guidance. Infact i can say they dont even 'know' their father. Yet he is comfortable to live with and be surrounded with unclad single church girls year in year out who have no respect for his family. What manner of family life is that. Well, as you said, they need our serious prayers.

26 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Tallesty1(m): 8:21am On Sep 07, 2014
Bobby4090: For Christ sake how can a man live for 16 years without his wife and he is still comfortable with it. Okay, lets leave the wife aside for now, the daughters are now teenagers or so. So it means since they were babies or toddlers till now they never lived with their father or his physical guidance. Infact i can say they dont even 'know' their father. Yet he is comfortable to live with and be surrounded with unclad single church girls year in year out who have no respect for his family. What manner of family life is that. Well, as you said, they need our serious prayers.
I understand you perfectly bro, I really do but what ((If)) he had asked his wife in time past to join him in Nigeria and she refused?.

That's my point.

13 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: I understand you perfectly bro, I really do but what ((If)) he had asked his wife in time past to join him in Nigeria and she refused?.

That's my point.

I doubt that. Very much doubt that. I am more inclined to believe he kept her in Uk for his own purposes.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Tallesty1(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2014
Donxavier:

I doubt that. Very much doubt that. I am more inclined to believe he kept her in Uk for his own purposes.
Nothing is impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Tallesty1: Nothing is impossible.

Think this through. How can PST Chris ask his wife to come and stay with him and she would refused. This is a man that preaches complete submission and calls the husband a master. Surely, there's no way the wife would demand to stay away from her husband for so long just by herself. It must have been with his consent. PST Chris was definitely comfortable with the arrangement for whatever reasons.

16 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Bobby4090: 8:54am On Sep 07, 2014
Donxavier:

You could be on point bro...just ship them to UK so he can have time and space for those home breaker single girls that parole with him. And from the divorce petition, even when he goes to UK, its only for a yearly church programme. No time devoted to visit and stay family, even if its once or twice a year. I think everything is on purpose. To me the wife woke up too late, or maybe she was blindly patient with him. Imagine going through this wickedness and humiliation for 16 years. If am the one, i will file for divorce within 2 or maximum 3 years.

12 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:32am On Sep 07, 2014
PastorKun: It's really a shame that Oyakhilome allowed his marriage to deteriorate to this level. As far back as four years ago it got leaked to the public that they were having marital issues. This is more than enough time to make amends but I guess Oyakhilome was more interested in building his personal empire and sampling the various women that flock around him than keeping his home intact. A ministry that would permanently keep you separated from your family is definitely not from God. Unfortunately Oyaks is too proud arrogant and conceited to admit his folly and retrace his steps. The only reasonable thing for him to do is to go a beg for his wife's forgiveness, reunite with his family and start living with them and get rid of his numerous female bed warmers. It is extremely unacceptable and totally disrespectful for a man to disregard his wife in the presence of other women.
Thank you for this reasonable submission. Infact, i hereby move the motion that you take over the leadership of Christ Embassy forthwith!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:37am On Sep 07, 2014
ednut1: meanwhile some magas will drop tithe and offering today for hin church. praise d lord
*singing*...magga don pay, shout halleluyah....!!!

3 Likes

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by BedLam: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2014
So, the lady that spoke out in favor of Anita the other day is lying too abi? undecided undecided Like Nigerian politicians, like pastors! angry
Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Gombs(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Where is Pastor Kunle, Drummerboy aka WinsomX?

grin
Heart attack for some bad belle people o!

Meanwhile, y'all are invited to today's Global communion service, there will be Questions and answers session too cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by Gombs(m): 9:48am On Sep 07, 2014
Er

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by deeptechcool(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2014
@op- If a married man is keeping inappropriate relationship with female members of his church, is that not flirting? And in marriage, is flirting not adultery? Get your facts right, the man is a chronic adulterer. If you doubt me, check hîs marriage pic and you wl undestand why so much have changed about him. I pity the herd of sheep he shepherds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by saifuhot: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2014
Bobby4090: The exact facts of the Oyakhilome's divorce case have been stated below. It shows that though Pastor Anita didn't use the word 'adultery', she says her husband keeps 'inappropriate relationships with female members of the church' and that his husband also humiliates her whenever these females are around- 'She feels humiliated by the way he treats her in the presence of his close female staff members'. Facts have emerged at the weekend that the ground on which Pastor Anita Oyakhilome is seeking to divorce her husband, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the President of Believers’ Love World Inc., popularly known as Christ Embassy, is not adultery but on behaviours that suggest that she cannot ‘reasonably be expected’ to live with him.

There had been media reports that Anita decided to divorce Pastor Chris based on allegations of ‘adultery’ and ‘unreasonable behaviours’ but a copy of the court papers for the divorce process filed at the Principal Registry of the Family Division (PRFD) of the High Court of Justice in possession of THISDAY, revealed that she applied for “divorce on the ground that the marriage has broken down irretrievably.”
In her statement of case in support of petition at PRFD with number FD14001650, Pastor Anita however, accused her husband of having inappropriate relationship with some of his female staff members.

According to the statement, “the wife has discussed with the husband his appropriate relationship with some of his female staff members. She has explained that this has given her cause for concern. The husband has minimised her worries and taken no step to alleviate her grievances.”

In fact, the statement indicated no allegation of adultery as there was no co-respondent to the petition and no names were mentioned.
Dictionary.com defines adultery as “voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.”
The statement reads in part: “The wife submits that her marriage to the husband has irretrievably broken down and there is no hope of reconciliation. The wife will submit that it is the husband’s unreasonable behaviours which have led to this.

“The husband and the wife are both Pastors. The husband undertakes his work, in the main, in South Africa and Nigeria. The wife lives in the United Kingdom. The wife will say that they have lived separately for 16 years and over this time have drifted apart. The wife has come to realise that the husband will only visit the UK for annual church programmes that he holds rather than to be with this wife. The wife feels that he has been unavailable as a father to their children during their developing years.

“The wife feels that their marriage suffered under the pressure of their work. They would rarely spend time together due to the husband unavailability. Special occasions such as Christmas, Birthdays and family occasions and anniversaries past them by and their rarely spent any time together as a family as the husband was more devoted to his work than he was to them.

“The wife feels that she has been used to portray and enhance the husband’s image as a family man when the reality is that there is no existing relationship between them. She feels that she has been present for official functions simply for his convenience. On occasions she has been copied into his travel itinerary which has been given to him by his staff on a need to know basis.
“The wife has tried to discuss her concerns with the husband. He claims that she is carnal and he is insensitive to her feelings and her needs.”

“As a result of the husband’s attitude to their marriage, the wife will say that he is virtually not recognised as a married man in the ministry. His teachings and beliefs on marriage is that the husband is a master and a controller and the wife will say that his concept of biblical; submission is so extreme that it is impossible for her to meet his expectations. She feels humiliated by the way he treats her in the presence of his close female staff members and she feels that she has been taken for granted which has become unbearably stressful for her.

“The wife will say that the relationship with the husband is non-existent to the point that his itinerary which was announced publicly at the beginning of the year had no provision for time with his family. His staff members who travel with him organise both his personal and professional life without any input from her. The wife will say that she is treated with disregard almost like akin to an intruder.
“The wife feels that she has been mentally, physically and emotionally deprived of the experience of a marital relationship. She feels that the husband has persistently judged her and his communication with her has been unduly harsh. The wife knows that he was hard to please and has been extremely critical.
“The wife reserves the right[color=#990000][/color] to expand on all of these particulars if the divorce petition is defended.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/adultery-not-anita-oyakhilome-s-ground-for-divorce-court-papers-show/188414/
Pastor Anita didn't use the word 'adultery', she says her husband keeps 'inappropriate relationships with female members of the church' and that his husband also humiliates her whenever these females are ........ All the same. she mustn't use adultery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exact Facts Of Pastor Anita's Divorce Papers by tayoxx(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2014
Wetin b dat Yoruba adage again......'ojor gateh ko jor gateh ofi ese mejeji jor gateh gateh'....I no no if I get am correctly o

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Sweet Things That Keep Sending Many Men To Their Early Graves / Worship Service || May 5, 2024 / How A Mammi Water Almost Ruined A UNILAG Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.