Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status (3067 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by incras52: 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
Hello everyone,
I got a tier 4(general) students visa,3weeks back to study computer security, Masters degree,and when i got the visa on the visa was written "work prohibited police registration 7 days in UK" but i misunderstood the sentence ,now I'm in the UK and it turns out that according to the status of the visa I'm not allowed to work even though its a tier 4 (G)visa, Its really confusing,my course will last for 17months full time and i think i meet all the requirements, So my questions are

1)Why should they offer me the visa with a work prohibited status?
2)What's the best solution to grant me the 20hours permit.?
3)Is there really a way out of this?

Will be glad if anyone could help me out.
Re: Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
incras52:

Hello everyone,
I got a tier 4(general) students visa,3weeks back to study computer security, Masters degree,and when i got the visa on the visa was written "work prohibited police registration 7 days in UK" but i misunderstood the sentence ,now I'm in the UK and it turns out that according to the status of the visa I'm not allowed to work even though its a tier 4 (G)visa, Its really confusing,my course will last for 17months full time and i think i meet all the requirements, So my questions are

1)Why should they offer me the visa with a work prohibited status?
2)What's the best solution to grant me the 20hours permit.?
3)Is there really a way out of this?

Will be glad if anyone could help me out.

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by incras52: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
Yes i am Nigerian,
Re: Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2012
incras52:

Yes i am Nigerian,

Nigerians don't register with the police and Tier 4 students with highly trusted sponsors are allowed to work.

Your case is a strange one. Your school can help you sort that out when you get to the UK, the international office or the student union will take up your case. That must be a mistake.
Re: Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by incras52: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
yeah i am also very confused,and it all feels twisted, Hope this has a solution,
Besides im in the Uk already, Will go to the university that granted me the visa and ask for some help,

Anyway thanks alot for the response.) really appreciat.
Re: Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Feb 11, 2012
incras52:

yeah i am also very confused,and it all feels twisted, Hope this has a solution,
Besides im in the Uk already, Will go to the university that granted me the visa and ask for some help,

Anyway thanks alot for the response.) really appreciat.

Don't delay it, walk into you international office and tell them that you have been made to register with the police and banned from working, police registration will cost you about £35. You need to have written explanation from UKBA why you have been subjected to those conditions.
Re: Tier 4 Students Visa,work Prohibited Status by incras52: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2012
Thanks alot Justwise,really appreciate your replies and your time,will keep you updated with situation,

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Nigrian Visa / Top Ten Most Expensive Hotels In Nigeria At A Glance (see Charges Per Night) / Work And Live In Finland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.