Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,720 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? (5050 Views)

PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja / Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos) / Woman Grows Nails Instead Of Hair Due To Skin Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by BigB11(m): 12:50am On Feb 12, 2012
Now that it has been confirmed that after suffering a stroke, Tinubu has been transferred to a London hospital from Ikoyi Lagos for an emergency medical care.

My question to him is:
Instead of looting and building hotels all over Lagos, why didn't you think of putting an international standard hospital together?
Nigerian leaders are all f00ls with very tiny brain.

I sincerely wish Tinubu a speedy recovery; may be he would use his second chance effectively and efficiently this time around.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Afam4eva(m): 12:58am On Feb 12, 2012
You're so right. Some of our leaders have fufu for a brain.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Feb 12, 2012
I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. Nigerians will probably have to build for themselves an hospital of that standard, with their own money, if that is to happen anytime soon.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Fhemmmy: 4:12am On Feb 12, 2012
Cos they never see such coming.
Always thought their money will be enuf for them to do and undo . . .
They cant see much money being generated from a hospital . . .
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by BigB11(m): 11:55am On Feb 12, 2012
FYI:
Every second the brain loses 8.7 hours of life
Every hour the brain loses 3.6 years of life
On average, the brain loses 36 years of life.

Tinubu boldly stole so much @ night and also arrogantly during the day time, but yet didn't have common sence to put up a solid hospital with part of this stolen money in Lagos state he claimes he loves so much.
He is now being yanked to London for medical care like a street chicken.
What a big loser!

And the sad part above all is the fact that psychophant from here and there still think Tinubu is the most intelligent human being alive.
Give me a break!

Gbenga Daniel should ask Tinubu this question:
Why are we so blind to see that the ones we hurt are you and me?
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by kcjazz(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2012
It is easier to build a hotel than a hospital undecided, for a Nigerian politician. An international hospital requires passion and desire, a hotel not so much just Lekki road, glass windows and a name
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Depilot(m): 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2012
It is easier to build a hotel than a hospital , for a Nigerian politician. An international hospital requires passion and desire, a hotel not so much just Lekki road, glass windows and a name
@kcjazz
This is very funny, but also sad.
Apart from brain, our leaders in Nigeria are also lacking passion.

I gave up when sick Yaradua came on board and did not immediately launch the implementation of a state of the art hospital in Nigeria. As a sick man or leader I expected him to exhaust all options to ensure that our medical system in Nigeria improved.
But as we all discovered, Mr. President preferred to be flown to Saudi Arabia, Germany, Dubai and even India for medical treatments.

This is my reason why I refuse to praise or support any leader in Nigeria. They are all empty shells (not only Jonathan) with nothing to offer their people or country.
And also the reason why Occupy Nigeria should have been designed to sabotage every single one of them. They are worse than Boko Haram.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Depilot(m): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2012
FYI:
Every second the brain loses 8.7 hours of life
Every hour the brain loses 3.6 years of life
On average, the brain loses 36 years of life.
According to a study that was done in 2009 on Brain and Stroke, this is an accurate information.

If only Tinubu knew, he would have constructed a couple of hospitals next door to his house on Bordelon Ikoyi Lagos.
Too bad!

Well, I'm not God, therefore, I still wish the old criminal all the best.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Dainfamous: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2012
you see,this is a lesson to others,what happen to ojukwu can happen to anybody, life is like that,

poster, u are right,nigerian leaders are not so smart sad sad
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by aljharem(m): 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2012
Da infamous:

you see,this is a lesson to others,what happen to ojukwu can happen to anybody, life is like that,

poster, u are right,nigerian leaders are not so smart sad sad

MUMU. is Ojukwu the first person to die ?

you analogy is the daftest I have seen in years.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Depilot(m): 6:03pm On Feb 12, 2012
@alj harem:
I agree with Da infamous. Yes, Ojukwu may not be the first person to die, but if Nigeria had a state of the art hospital Ojukwu wouldn't have been abandoned in London. He would have been treated like a hero in Nigeria. But unfortunately our brainless leaders have sold us out.

They all run out of Nigeria for medical treatments and mostly return in a sack. Very pity
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by aljharem(m): 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2012
Depilot:

@alj harem:
I agree with Da infamous. Yes, Ojukwu may not be the first person to die, but if Nigeria had a state of the art hospital Ojukwu wouldn't have been abandoned in London. He would have been treated like a hero in Nigeria. But unfortunately our brainless leaders have sold us out.

They all run out of Nigeria for medical treatments and mostly return in a sack. Very pity

I understand your point and I agree with it but that is not where Da infamous was coming from

He meant

Da infamous:

Can happen to anybody in what sense ?
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by GAR3TH(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2012
I thought we debunked the myth of tinubu owning any of those hotels all of them are privately owned.

As for the topic, it mainly has to do with budgets, I expect the delta, oil producing states to build those "international standard hospitals" than cash strapped states like Lagos.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by BigB11(m): 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2012
I have stated this many times in the past:
It should be part of our laws for all public officials and their families to use medical and education system in Nigeria.
Let them experience what Nigerians are experiencing on a regular.

This is the only way we can see necessary improvements in these areas.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by lonamy: 9:37am On Feb 13, 2012
Big B1:

Now that it has been confirmed that after suffering a stroke, Tinubu has been transferred to a London hospital from Ikoyi Lagos for an emergency medical care.

My question to him is:
Instead of looting and building hotels all over Lagos, why didn't you think of putting an international standard hospital together?

I sincerely wish Tinubu a speedy recovery; may be he would use his second chance effectively and efficiently this time around.

@BIG B1

I don't think Tinubu will survive this stroke attack. It may be managed for sometime, just to temporarily stabilise him, but will surely die of this stroke.

1. He stole too much from Lagos state and maney people have died as a result of Tinubu's criminal activities.
2. Though, you may think there was no evidence to it that Tinubu master minded the burning of Pastor Tunde Bakare's house, but Tinubu did. And the Prayers and the curse of the man of God will definitely have terrible and bad effect on Tinubu. He may survice if he gets accross to Tunde Bakare and appologise for his misdeeds else he will not return from London hospital.

Tinubu is the worst thing to happen to ACN and Nigeria as a country.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Demdem(m): 9:41am On Feb 13, 2012
‘Tinubu’s Hale and Hearty’

Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Sunday faulted an online publication about his health status, saying he is “hale and hearty.”

A statement issued by his media office and made available to THISDAY, maintained that the report about Tinubu who is currently outside the country “is the figment of the wicked imagination which is just to smear his political campaign by his political rivals and weaken his political clout as well as get him out of the way, adding that “the sponsors of this campaign of calumny are known and will soon be unmasked.”

The statement further stated that “without any iota of doubt, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu enjoys good health and continues with his normal political and business activities. These activities have necessitated trips in and outside Nigeria from time to time.

“Ordinarily, Asiwaju Tinubu wouldn't have responded to the unfounded rumour being peddled about his health, but due to the torrents of calls from friends, family, political and businesses associates, and the undue anxiety being generated, this clarification becomes necessary.

“Asiwaju Tinubu will return to the country this week as soon as he completes the business that necessitated his trip outside the country,” the statement added.

His office also advised the online medium to find something better to do with their time and talent “because we are confronted with finding solutions to the more urgent problems of unemployment, grinding poverty, corruption, hopelessly bad infrastructure and a government badly in need of good advice.

“The Asiwaju Media office wishes to put to rest the minds of millions of his followers about the issue of his health. It is a settled matter. Asiwaju is hale and hearty. Asiwaju enjoys good health and will be around much longer than many wish,” the statement added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-tinubu-s-hale-and-hearty-/109179/
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by amtheone(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2012
@phemy
u are very corect. D love 4 over nite profit wont let them. If nt oil n hotel, they wont buy into any other busines idea.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by werepeLeri: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2012
Lies upon lies -

His office also advised the online medium to find something better to do with their time and talent “because we are confronted with finding solutions to the more urgent problems of unemployment, grinding poverty, corruption, hopelessly bad infrastructure and a government badly in need of good advice.

So true - all this online media houses need get a life.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Acidosis(m): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2012
if you build an international hospital here in NIGERIA, then I tell you, you are wasting your money. Your people don't believe in anything BLACK. They'll rather consult a white nurse than a Nigerian consultant.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by 27naira(m): 10:17am On Feb 13, 2012
Demdem:

‘Tinubu’s Hale and Hearty’

Former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Sunday faulted an online publication about his health status, saying he is “hale and hearty.”

A statement issued by his media office and made available to THISDAY, maintained that the report about Tinubu who is currently outside the country “is the figment of the wicked imagination which is just to smear his political campaign by his political rivals and weaken his political clout as well as get him out of the way, adding that “the sponsors of this campaign of calumny are known and will soon be unmasked.”

The statement further stated that “without any iota of doubt, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu enjoys good health and continues with his normal political and business activities. These activities have necessitated trips in and outside Nigeria from time to time.

“Ordinarily, Asiwaju Tinubu wouldn't have responded to the unfounded rumour being peddled about his health, but due to the torrents of calls from friends, family, political and businesses associates, and the undue anxiety being generated, this clarification becomes necessary.

“Asiwaju Tinubu will return to the country this week as soon as he completes the business that necessitated his trip outside the country,” the statement added.

“The Asiwaju Media office wishes[b] to put to rest the minds of millions of his followers [/b] about the issue of his health. It is a settled matter. Asiwaju is hale and hearty. Asiwaju enjoys good health and will be around much longer than many wish,” the statement added.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/-tinubu-s-hale-and-hearty-/109179/

are you kidding me? shocked
This is exactly the reason why i hate the Nigerian media and the mentality of our politicians. "follwers indeed" angry
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by funshint(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2012
Those of u who want Tinubu dead or worse will surely be disappointed. The Jagaban of Borgu is coming out healthier and stronger. I know most of u are either non-SW or PDP maggots. I really understand 'ur pain, its a very bitter pill 2 swallow wen sum1 can build a formidable opposition that dislodged d occultic PDP and even went as far into d heart of d Igbos to win a Senatorial seat. I throway salute 4 dat kind person o. We dont hv time 4 haters, haters are losers. Tinubu no matter wat they say u remain an "Icon of Hope in Yorubaland". God bless u!
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Demdem(m): 10:24am On Feb 13, 2012
27naira:

This is exactly the reason why i hate the Nigerian media and the mentality of our politicians. "follwers indeed" angry

I see nothing wrong with that comment.its apt. even those that want him dead can still be regarded as his followers because his every step is being followed.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by tunde300us(m): 11:42am On Feb 13, 2012
U guys shld just ask jonathan to build such hospitals,tinubu isnt a govt official again and so he can be excused from such responsibility.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Yinkay: 11:56am On Feb 13, 2012
World class Medical facilities like Mayo CLinic,Cedars-Sinai in US are biult and supported through private capital and philantrophy. Typical rich Nigerians lacks spirit of given without expecting anything in return and where they give,it is mere tokenism.Same applies to universities,goverment cannot do it all.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by highland(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2012
A Business person looks towards making profit rather than social facilities with a decade to make profit.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by emmatok(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2012
Big B1:

My question to him is:

And what evidence do you have that TINIBU owns Oriental hotel.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by oiseworld: 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2012
27naira:

let him come oit show himself, the tinubu i know likes talking and proving points like the average yoruba man, helike to dey show for tv well,well. So let us see him

abi i lie?
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by nwanioma(f): 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2012
Building a Hospital is good. But for me, the truth is that Nigerians  don't place much value on health care! A hotel is quick return on your investments, Hospital na philanthropy!
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by tlops(m): 2:25pm On Feb 13, 2012
they should have flown him to an hotel!
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by romeo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2012
alj harem:

MUMU. is Ojukwu the first person to die ?

you analogy is the daftest I have seen in years.

Was that really necessary?? The name Ojukwu got you or something? take some icewater Mr. man.
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by sheyguy: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2012
@BigB1, IBB fell sick and was flown out of the country not too long ago but somehow u did not see any reason to open a thread like this one. My question is, why open one for Tinubu's sake?
If IBB who ruled the whole of Nigeria for eight years and stole in addition could not do such, why do u expect Tinubu who only ruled lagos state to set up one.
Afterall, he could afford a mansion with hundreds of room in Alexandria, Egypt. Even with the fact that IBB had health problem with one of his leg for well over a decade now, he didn't build one.
Why Tinubu?
Re: Instead Of Oriental And 4points Hotel, Why Not An International Standard Hospital? by Wallie(m): 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2012
If you set up an international standard hospital, how is it going to be funded? What type of practice are we lacking? I would guess Specialty Practice.

General Practice - hospitals that provide diagnostic services (any teaching hospital, which we have plenty of, can provide this service)
Specialty Practice – for patients that have a specified medical condition
Rehabilitation – for disabled patients
Psychiatric – mental health

The truth is that it will be very hard for a modern practice with up-to-date medical equipments to stay in business past the first couple of years because there are not enough patients to pay for the services.

Most of the rich people traveling abroad to seek medical attention only do so when their condition requires more than their private doctors (general practitioners) in Nigeria can provide. At that point, they usually require a specialist to manage their condition.

According to the wiki link below, there are 57 medical specialties and a patient might need any one of them when ill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Medical_specialties

Do you think that opening any one of the specialty hospitals can receive enough patronage to be financially solvent from a population that earns less than $2 a day?

My point is, unless medical insurance becomes ubiquitous at most businesses so that the sick can seek medical help and pay for the services rendered don’t expect any private investor to open a specialty hospital.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ginger And Cloves Tea: Health Benefits Of Cloves And Ginger / Teeth Arrangement( Braces) / Is There Any Known Treatment For Prostate Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.