Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,905 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Whitney Houston Is Dead! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Is Dead! (16576 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney Houston Is Dead! by viewlekan: 2:11am On Feb 12, 2012
Very sad end to a talented singer- RIP

I don't think we would be surprised as to the cause of death- unfortunately.

Source below:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46355454
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by manmustwac(m): 2:15am On Feb 12, 2012
Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies

TODAY.com is a production of

About TODAY Contact us Heard it on TODAY?

BREAKING NEWS: Singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, her publicist says

updated 7 minutes ago

By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.

Her success carried her beyond music to movies, where she starred in hits like "The Bodyguard" and "Waiting to Exhale."

She had the he perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual, who maintained perfect poise.

She influenced a generation of younger singers, from Christina Aguilera to Mariah Carey, who when she first came out sounded so much like Houston that many thought it was Houston.

But by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by babsjnr(m): 2:22am On Feb 12, 2012
So dis is true my m8 just txt saying whitney is dead as well. R.I.p whitney
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by thegeorgy(f): 2:26am On Feb 12, 2012
Really very sad,still watching it right now on television, hmmmmmmmmmmmm RIP WHITNEY!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Latty88(f): 2:37am On Feb 12, 2012
Oh God my Whitney Houston is gone! RIP
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by manmustwac(m): 2:40am On Feb 12, 2012
She made a bad mistake when she married bobby brown. Bobby was at least 10 years her junior and he introduced her to drugs. cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by MeGaStReEt: 2:44am On Feb 12, 2012
So so so so sad to hear about this. May her soul rest in peace
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 2:48am On Feb 12, 2012
This isn't blame time. she had the right to say no to drugs if she wanted to.

@Topic yea she died this afternoon. One of my favorite singer. RIP Whitney
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 2:50am On Feb 12, 2012
Most likely due to drugs. undecided

If it is due to drugs, as usual, I couldn't give a flying fck. Good riddance!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by anonimi: 2:52am On Feb 12, 2012
sad end to a bright light.

i hope Majek Fashek's entourage has taken ggod note as well others having problems with drugs.

Stay clean!!!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by anonymous6(f): 3:01am On Feb 12, 2012
manmustwac:

She made a bad mistake when she married bobby brown. Bobby was at least 10 years her junior and he introduced her to drugs. cry

Cosign 100%
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 3:03am On Feb 12, 2012
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:04am On Feb 12, 2012
How sad. My prayers and thoughts to her family especially Bobbie Christina.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nnenna1(f): 3:05am On Feb 12, 2012
What? OMG, RIP cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nnenna1(f): 3:09am On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

I'm sorry but this is not called for.  sad

Drug addiction is hard one to kick from all indications. We can't imagine what goes on behind the scenes and why she did what she did, so please don't judge.

It is interesting that many celebrities die from drug-related deaths - even the ones that seem sane and put together have issues. What is it about the Hollywood environment that enables drug dependency? Parties? Loneliness?
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 12, 2012
manmustwac:

anonymous6:
Cosign 100%

Cosign -100%. Do remember that she was from the ghettos of New Jersey. I do believe that she was a bad girl forming good the same way Bobby Brown was a bad boy forming good in New Edition. At the end of the day, one is responsible for the decisions one makes.

I hope she gets a befitting memorial like Michael Jackson had. I hope people remember her for the talent she was and not the 10 or so negative years she had in the last years of her life. RIP.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 3:13am On Feb 12, 2012
Nnenna1:

I'm sorry but this is not called for.  sad

Drug addiction is hard one to kick from all indications. I can't imagine what goes on behind the scenes and why she did what she did, so please don't judge.

I find it interesting that many celebrities die from drug-related deaths - even the ones that seem sane and put together have issues. What is it about the Hollywood environment that enables drug dependencies? Parties? Loneliness?

Drug taking is piss easy to kick from all indications. Just a little piece of brain and self discipline will do it. DON'T TAKE DRUGS. DON'T EVEN FCKING TRY IT OUT OF CURIOSITY.

If you don't take, then you can't become addicted in the first place.

Many celebrities die of [hard/prescription] drug abuse or drug overdose and yet we see another battalion of the fools follow in the same track and I am suppose to have pity?

HELL NO! Good riddance to her, I have no shred of pity. If it is a drug-related death.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:18am On Feb 12, 2012
Drugs or no drugs we all live to die. Lindsey and other Hollywood crackies better learn from this
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 12, 2012
Apart from celebrities taking responsibility of themselves, I do wish American judges will stop giving celebrities community service and 3.38 hours in jail and give them longer jail sentences, KEEP THEM IN JAIL, and when they're released, they go straight to rehab and stay there as well like they do to the normal Joes and Janes.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 3:25am On Feb 12, 2012
Whitney girl, why did you go and die?? Huh-----I'm sulking

Poor Baby!
Will always love you girl.

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by anonymous6(f): 3:27am On Feb 12, 2012
ogugua88:

Apart from celebrities taking responsibility of themselves, I do wish American judges will stop giving celebrities community service and 3.38 hours in jail and give them longer jail sentences, KEEP THEM IN JAIL, and when they're released, they go straight to rehab and stay there as well like they do to the normal Joes and Janes.

I agree, that's why I feel if they are not going to punish them properly don't do it at all because these celebrities won't learn from it all they learn is they can get away from bad behavior. look at Naomie Campbell, lindsay lohan and paris hilton all of them got special treatment punishment and didn't learn from it.

ogugua88:

Cosign -100%. Do remember that she was from the ghettos of New Jersey. I do believe that she was a bad girl forming good the same way Bobby Brown was a bad boy forming good in New Edition. At the end of the day, one is responsible for the decisions one makes.

I hope she gets a befitting memorial like Michael Jackson had. I hope people remember her for the talent she was and not the 10 or so negative years she had in the last years of her life. RIP.

You have some points but bobby you can tell had no values or good upbringing but whitney had some based on what i heard about her family background, any way it is sad it's all over the news now
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MHP4nciQ4[/flash]
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by toluxa1(m): 3:28am On Feb 12, 2012
RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON. ONE OF THE GREATEST VOICES OF ALL TIME. Prayers go out to her family and friends.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:31am On Feb 12, 2012
What a loss! She had a golden voice, she'll be sorely missed.

May her gentle soul rest in eternal peace.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ada24: 3:40am On Feb 12, 2012
I'm still in shock - RIP.

However she died please remember she has a child
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by UyiIredia(m): 4:06am On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Bros Saga! You go like cool don. The woman was a great singer.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 12, 2012
Please join the page on facebook and share "In Loving Memory of Whitney Houston"
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Next2Bezee(m): 4:16am On Feb 12, 2012
Just seeing it now, so sad embarassed
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 4:19am On Feb 12, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Bros Saga! You go like cool don. The woman was a great singer.

I never said she was not a great singer but I am not going to feel sorry for people that foolishly destroy their own lives.

People should say NO to drugs. I have been there several times with people taking what their body doesn't need to "chill". What amazes me is how these people always try and convince others to join them in their bad habits. Some even pester. I know how to say NO, I don't even try it out of curiosity. My life is good enough, I don't need any recreational stimulant to improve it. Even my friends will repeatedly be asking me to take alcohol or sneak some in my drink. I take a sip or smell it and I say "there is alcohol in this shyt" and they start laughing. I pour it away and take my JUICE.

Apparently she was close to bankruptcy as well. No question the drugs contributed to that.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by SisiKill1: 4:32am On Feb 12, 2012
Let's save ourselves time and effort and just replace Amy Whinehouse with Whitney Houston on the Amy Whinehouse is Dead thread because the same arguement (and proponents) applies here.

RIP Whitney Houston.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 12, 2012
I think I need to go back to sleep.

Somebody wake me up when Feb end. cry cry cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Jiah011(f): 4:49am On Feb 12, 2012
I'm so sad! What a musical legend with so much talent. Tragic news! Drugs will take people down a path they do not want to go, keep them longer than they want to stay, and take more than they are willing to give. I used to want to try to sing like her as a child. Life is strange,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Next Queen Of Nollywood Is Adesua Etomi, Who Beat Genevieve Nnaji At 2016 AMVCA / Davido Celebrates His Wife Chioma's 29th Birthday / Ruggedman Writes Open Letter To The FG Over Plan To Stop Music Production Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.