Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Whitney Houston Is Dead! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Is Dead! (16572 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Desiree2: 10:09am On Feb 12, 2012
Sometimes i just wonder:
-when these succesfull artists reach the end of their power, but their image, name and creation still have great audience
-when they turn like old wine
-when they are no more bringing fresh cash flow to producers but still have billion $ potential,
is there not a happy fellow that helps them to fall into the dark hole quicker, to unlock the billion $ potential?

Am i having paranoïd thought?
Michael, Amy, Whitney and many others, so much money, so many high graduated professionals managing them 24/24h, and they can't protect them from destroying themselves?
Drugs and alcohol are not the best way to keep someone under control?
cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2012
This year ain't going fine at all sad
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by IYANGBALI: 10:15am On Feb 12, 2012
have a peaceful journey madam cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by moHot(f): 10:20am On Feb 12, 2012
DO NOT TAKE DRUGS!!!
DON'T EVEN TRY IT OUT CURIOSITY!!!

YOU DONT WANNA GO DOWN THERE
sad sad
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by FEMARY1: 10:33am On Feb 12, 2012
May her soul rest in peace.

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Limaoscar: 10:47am On Feb 12, 2012
Tragic, Verrrry tragic is all I can say for now.

That was some Church girl snatched by the Glamour of "celebrism" and once sucked into drug use/addiction, she never made it back. One very sad day in my life sad sad cry

I pray the good Lord strengthen her family at this difficult time-Amen.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ceasyc(f): 10:50am On Feb 12, 2012
DAMN!!! loved almost all if not all your songs
RIP
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by yam: 10:52am On Feb 12, 2012
samuelorija218:

RIP Whitney Houston! Hope this will bring about an end to drug ussage? Nigerian artist please take note.
Sagamite:

One other thing I am noticing with some of these foolish celebrities is that they are losing their homes to foreclosure?

How the FCK can you make tens of millions a year or even in your lifetime and still be paying mortgage. Worse still fall behind on your payments.

What do I need a mortgage for if I make $7m a year for merely about 6 years? And some of these people make multiple that over years.
Sagamite:

I can have a little sympathy for Elvis but anyone in recent years that has seen the amount of these tin-head celebrities die of hard or prescription drugs and still abuse either either has a death wish or is dumb to the bone. I have no pity based on that.

I will enjoy their music but shed no tears for stupidity.

I can never see sense in all these drugs. They make as much sense to me as taking my toilet cleaning products and injecting it in my veins.

If you don't want to die, you don't abuse your body or substances. It is really not rocket science nor a secret.

@sagamite,
Dont forget it wasnt Adolf Hitler that died but remeber that you were alive when she was on drugs u didnt do anything about that and remeber she had a comeback.

you dont have the right to dwell on the dark side of her life knowingly fully well dat u enjoy her songs except if u are an slowpoke and moreover the last time i checked u are not related to her.

What is your biz watever she does with her body,u dont share that with her , do u?

i m sure the whole world could have wished you died in whitney place.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by jspac(m): 10:55am On Feb 12, 2012
Drugs,the only thing that kills celebs.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Ibomade1: 10:55am On Feb 12, 2012
RIP Queen of the Night
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by rhymz(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2012
Bobby Brown expressed his love for the late Whitney Houston on Saturday night while performing onstage with New Edition at the Landers Center in Southaven, MS., according to the Associated Press. “First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all,” Brown told the audience. “Second, I would like to say, ‘I love you Whitney.’ The hardest thing for me to do is come on this stage.” Brown heard about the death of his ex-wife while getting ready to perform with the reunited New Edition. Brown said he decided to perform the show because of the support fans had shown the band over the years. During an intermission, Houston’s hit “You Give Good Love” played over the speakers. Publicist Kristen Foster announced Houston’s death on Saturday afternoon.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 10:58am On Feb 12, 2012
This is a terrible loss - my heart goes out to your only child Bobbi Kristina and your mother Cissy Houston who was the foundation of your success.  I pray that they will be able to bear the loss with strength and courage.

Whitney you brought joy to so many with your incredible voice , you made a few mistakes in your life but no-one is above making mistakes, even you.  All in all you achieved so much and were blessed with beauty and talent, may your soul rest in peace.

(Someone mentioned something about stars purchasing their properties using mortgages despite the huge amount of money that they earn.

Most stars do not take out mortgages , they pay cash for their homes but when they fall on hard times they borrow from the banks using their homes as collateral, its only when they fall behind with the repayments that their homes are foreclosed on.)
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ceasyc(f): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2012
yam:

@sagamite,

OUCH! OH OH
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 12, 2012
it's not alright but it's okay. she danced with somebody who did not love her. Sad.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2012
RIP Whitney.
One of the best voices ever.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by pendo89(f): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2012
Bitter sweet memories,that is all you are leaving us with, So goodbye ,Yes we cry, We all know you were not what you used to be.
And I will always love you. sad
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by dianah(f): 11:19am On Feb 12, 2012
I woke up this morning to the news of Whitney Houston’s death! It was a weird shocker to me because yesterday morning, I was watching a video of what has turned out to be one of her last songs “I Look To You” and I started reminiscing on my early teens and how much she had changed. I remember clearly how my cousin Seun, my friend Vwede and so many others have all thought her inspirational and had even thought most singers after her were all "Whitney wannabes". We used to say that Whitney not being in the scene for some years actually gave some singers an opportunity to shine.
It broke my heart when her life started falling apart, and I was one of those people who prayed she would get her life back, so this morning did not start on the happiest note for me. I thought marrying Bobby Brown was not one of her smartest moves, but I am not one of those people who attributed ALL her problems to marrying Bobby, because in my opinion, we give him too much credit, she was not a string puppet. (It;s like saying all Celine Dion's Success is cos of her husband or Iyke made Tina Turner) I believe people contribute to our failure or success, but we cant keep blaming or praising them forever, cos we have a role to play.
I have been feeling a bit low this weekend, trying to get over malaria and some other stuff, and in a strange way Whitney’s death has got me thinking….how much we fuss over everything and death just makes it all seem so vain, how much each day ought to be lived to the fullest, how we have to make each day count for good, because all we have is the very second, minute or hour to make an impact.

I am overwhelmed with so much emotion right now, not just by Whitney’s death, but by life itself. How we take each day for granted sometimes not knowing it just might be our last.
I am no preacher, I am just one very emotional individual who thinks our time here on earth is for a reason, reasons way beyond our vanities, our wealth, our looks and all that we hold dear. I am one of those who believe that whatever gift God has given us is a huge waste if we only use it for our benefit.

I am one of those people who cry and hurt over every injustice or suffering because I really think this world can be a very happy place if we could just treat people the way we would like to be treated, with what as I Christian I still call the “courtesy of Christ”
I am going to end this note saying,

Dear Whitney, I sincerely pray you find eternal rest in God’s bossom, hopefully you get to sing with the angels,and to my Dear readers, let’s try to make today count for good, because realistically, we don’t know if we will have a tomorrow.

culled from:
www.dianahsplace.info
Follow on twitter: @dianahsplace
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Ferya(f): 11:20am On Feb 12, 2012
So sad cry RIP
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 12, 2012
Her death is truly heart-breaking. She was one of my all-time favourites, and Just like Michael Jackson, she could do no wrong as far as I was concerned - in spite of the relentless negative news about her. God, I grew up 'with' Whitney for heaven's sake! She was so so adorable and I loved her to bits! Lawdie lawd. Don't know what to say. She'd certainly live on forever - through her evergreen music.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by dianah(f): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2012
I woke up this morning to the news of Whitney Houston’s death! It was a weird shocker to me because yesterday morning, I was watching a video of what has turned out to be one of her last songs “I Look To You” and I started reminiscing on my early teens and how much she had changed. I remember clearly how my cousin Seun, my friend Vwede and so many others have all thought her inspirational and had even thought most singers after her were all "Whitney wannabes". We used to say that Whitney not being in the scene for some years actually gave some singers an opportunity to shine.
It broke my heart when her life started falling apart, and I was one of those people who prayed she would get her life back, so this morning did not start on the happiest note for me. I thought marrying Bobby Brown was not one of her smartest moves, but I am not one of those people who attributed ALL her problems to marrying Bobby, because in my opinion, we give him too much credit, she was not a string puppet. (It;s like saying all Celine Dion's Success is cos of her husband or Iyke made Tina Turner) I believe people contribute to our failure or success, but we cant keep blaming or praising them forever, cos we have a role to play.
I have been feeling a bit low this weekend, trying to get over malaria and some other stuff, and in a strange way Whitney’s death has got me thinking….how much we fuss over everything and death just makes it all seem so vain, how much each day ought to be lived to the fullest, how we have to make each day count for good, because all we have is the very second, minute or hour to make an impact.
I am overwhelmed with so much emotion right now, not just by Whitney’s death, but by life itself. How we take each day for granted sometimes not knowing it just might be our last.
I am no preacher, I am just one very emotional individual who thinks our time here on earth is for a reason, reasons way beyond our vanities, our wealth, our looks and all that we hold dear. I am one of those who believe that whatever gift God has given us is a huge waste if we only use it for our benefit.
I am one of those people who cry and hurt over every injustice or suffering because I really think this world can be a very happy place if we could just treat people the way we would like to be treated, with what as I Christian I still call the “courtesy of Christ”

I am going to end this note saying,

Dear Whitney, I sincerely pray you find eternal rest in God’s bossom, hopefully you get to sing with the angels,and to my Dear readers, let’s try to make today count for good, because realistically, we don’t know if we will have a tomorrow.

Follow on twitter: @dianahsplace
www.dianahsplace.info
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by elampiro(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2012
What a sad news! She was a great singer. Icon. Legend. , Death is no respecter of anyone. Few years ago it was Michael, now Whitney. The life of a man is nothing but a vapour. We are here on earth as pilgrims. Fame, wealth, materialism, etc do not count in the eyes of God, only our spiritual life in accordance to his commandments. Man is only here on earth to be tested, nothing more. .RIP Whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2012
Lady Gaga You dey hear? You drug infested daughter of a Biatch! Very soon they'll sacrifice you on the altar of fame, stupid woman!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by silibaba: 11:46am On Feb 12, 2012
what a great loss sad sad
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 12, 2012
I was going to blog on why good girls love ba guys and then the good girl is dead. RIP Whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Briz(m): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2012
pls was it not boko haram dt killed whitney houston
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2012
I was going to blog on why good girls love ba guys and then the good girl is dead. RIP Whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by blakcherry(f): 11:55am On Feb 12, 2012
Ramsey scores v United, Bin Laden dies.
Ramsey scores v Spurs, Steve Jobs dies.
Ramsey scores v Marseille, Gaddafi dies.
Ramsey scores v Sunderland, Whitney Houston dies!!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by gempo(m): 11:56am On Feb 12, 2012
Why can't these celebrities maintain a disciplined life style? See how talents are wasting away at such early age. Tupac, Biggy, Micheal Jackson, Whitney Houston, etc. The list is endless.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by dino2006(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
U are definitely going t b missed, whitney. My dad loved this lady to bits, so I grew up listenin to her songs and loved her tew. I wonder how he's going to swallow this bitter pill of a news. Adieu Mamasita, Maestro Whitney, queen of pop
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cantell(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
yam:

@sagamite,
u are not related to her.

What is your biz watever she does with her body,u dont share that with her , do u?

Mr man, shut the fork up! She messed up her life and you're here to defend her. Are all celebrities on drugs?
If she was having a psychotic breakdown or something, she should have seen a shrink and not succumb to drugs.

mukina2:

Sagamite when you have nothing and all of a sudden you have so much, you do not think like the common person without will think.
No offense mukina, but that comment is the lamest(if its a word) comment i've ever seen.
There are other celebrities doing their thing without being a drug addict.
We always have a choice.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Vicky18(m): 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2012
RIP whitney
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2012
mukina2:

Sagamite when you have nothing and all of a sudden you have so much, you do not think like the common person without will think undecided, you'll be thinking i'll get more just need to make few movies/sing few hits. Let the woman rest jor, you nor dey tire? angry

@ Topic
RIP whitney cry

Then those people are mooorons.

And we all know my stance on moorons.

As Jenny as said, it just makes sense to pay in cash and cut your coat according to your size. Imagine Burt Reynolds that was one of the biggest actors in the 70s and 80s having his house repossess in the 2000s.

I have always said if I was a celebrity, I would be like Dr Dre. His head is screwed on.

moHot:

DO NOT TAKE DRUGS!!!
DON'T EVEN TRY IT OUT CURIOSITY!!!

YOU DONT WANNA GO DOWN THERE
sad sad

Kilode?

Why not?

yam:

@sagamite,
Dont forget it wasnt  Adolf Hitler that died but remeber that you were alive when she was on drugs u didnt do anything about that and remeber she had a comeback.

you dont have the right  to dwell on the dark side of her life knowingly fully well dat u enjoy her songs except if u are an slowpoke and moreover the last time i checked u are not related to her.

I hope you know drugs is bad for you?

Stay off drugs. You hear me?

The shyt messes with your fcking mind.

STAY OFF DRUGS! FOOOL!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interview With Kanu Nwankwo's Wife / Actress Toyin Aimakhu And Hubby Doing Bad Bad Things In Public Pix / Omawumi: If My Husband Cheats, I Won't Leave Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.