Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Which Programming Language? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language? (2846 Views)

Which Programming Language Is Best For Building An Hospital Management Software / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / Please Which Programming Language Does Nigerian Institutions Use ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language? by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 12, 2012
Am new to programming, i just need to know the easiest language i can learn 1st for a new bie, Nairaland gurus which language do u recommend for a starter like me?

http://www.theweirdproblogger.com/
Re: Which Programming Language? by prodam(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2012
dude, i guess u are also new here on Nairaland,
if not u should know how to get the maximum help possible,
make use of the custom search beneath this page, there have been lots of posts by IT gurus on programming languages and how to learn them easily.
getting an archive of advice and opinion of programmers would help you to decide on a particular programming language to learn first,
u might need to answer some questions before deciding and other factors are involved such as what are u doing presently, what have you learnt, ur foundation in mathematics and so on and so forth,

or better still if u insist on getting the advice here, then give us more info about the status of your brain, so we give u a suitable language
Re: Which Programming Language? by billion11: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2012
I suggest Python. It might not be the easiest but it's strict and you could easily find a lot of good study material for free.
Re: Which Programming Language? by DonSegmond(m): 12:32am On Feb 15, 2012
Python, PHP & Javascript.
Re: Which Programming Language? by Fayimora(m): 12:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
handsomeness:

Am new to programming, i just need to know the easiest language i can learn 1st for a new bie, Nairaland gurus which language do u recommend for a starter like me?
WHY?? There is no easy language. WHY do you want to program? What do you want to achieve from it? What do you want to develop? What platform do you want to develop for? Have you asked yourself these questions?
Re: Which Programming Language? by delomos(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
Fayimora:

WHY?? There is no easy language. WHY do you want to program? What do you want to achieve from it? What do you want to develop? What platform do you want to develop for? Have you asked yourself thee questions?

^^^@OP: Print this out, hang it on your wall, carry it in your wallet/purse, have your babe read it to you, in bed, while she's kissing you, whatever it takes to have you answer these questions, by the time you've answered these question, the answer becomes super clear.
Re: Which Programming Language? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
Fayimora:

WHY?? There is no easy language. WHY do you want to program? What do you want to achieve from it? What do you want to develop? What platform do you want to develop for? Have you asked yourself these questions?

Why do i want to become a programmer??

I want to be able to Crack things,build them,be good at solving programming questions, am a year 1 computer science student,so it's imperative that i learn how to program,

What do i want to archieve??

Believe me,i've read about the bio of some Multi billionaires.Bill Gates; Mark Zuckerberg, etc, thats what i want to Archieve: to be a Successful programmer,

What do i want to Develop??

My answer is Very simple:

i want to Develop something that will be the answer to a lot of peoples' problem,
Re: Which Programming Language? by Fayimora(m): 12:21am On Feb 16, 2012
Good to know that you are a CS student but am sorry you haven't answered those questions! Maybe the last one but naa
Re: Which Programming Language? by DonSegmond(m): 12:29am On Feb 16, 2012
I recommend 3 languages, and I will give you my reasons for them.

Python's interactive nature makes it a joy to learn and to play and experiment with. Python is clean, a friendly language and a great useful language that you can use for many years to come.

PHP - Language of the internet. By learning PHP you can write code that can power web applications giving you the chance to reach a wide audience.

javascript - completes php, you can do alot on the client side these days with javascript, you can use your web browser to run it.

Start out with these. You can become very good in all 3 within a year if you pour yourself into it and practice every day.
Re: Which Programming Language? by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2012
Fayimora:

Good to know that you are a CS student but am sorry you haven't answered those questions! Maybe the last one but naa

hmmm, how?
Re: Which Programming Language? by damondrizzy: 2:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
sorry am i wrong? y is nobody talkin about VB besides do u hav to ask wat he or she is achievin or wat they know before u can tell dem wat prograaming language to learn.simply tell the language and stop asking numerous questions.
Re: Which Programming Language? by damondrizzy: 3:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
Am very sure the word 'New to programming is very visible' so let him start wiv one first n den wiv time he wuld decide wat he really wants wiv programming. @handsomeness like sum1 said u can start wiv php.All d best
Re: Which Programming Language? by kiranatama: 8:30am On Mar 07, 2012
I think that a lot of programming language you can learn like Python, PHP & Javascript
Re: Which Programming Language? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
DonSegmond:

I recommend 3 languages, and I will give you my reasons for them.

Python's interactive nature makes it a joy to learn and to play and experiment with. Python is clean, a friendly language and a great useful language that you can use for many years to come.

PHP - Language of the internet. By learning PHP you can write code that can power web applications giving you the chance to reach a wide audience.

javascript - completes php, you can do alot on the client side these days with javascript, you can use your web browser to run it.

Start out with these. You can become very good in all 3 within a year if you pour yourself into it and practice every day.

i'll go with your suggestion sir,
Tnx for everything,gurus!
Re: Which Programming Language? by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 24, 2012
Re: Which Programming Language? by gsmcoder: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
If you are thinking of cryptography then look no further. "delphi" and c++ alone will be ok.

You said crack things like what? every motive has a better language.
Re: Which Programming Language? by dmcdad: 10:32am On Nov 28, 2012
Fayimora:

Nice.. Those are the pre-requisite things to take note of before going ahead to learn how to program
Re: Which Programming Language? by talk2hb1(m): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2012
Python!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its easier for beginners and productive language. You can easily port the experience gained from python to another language.
Re: Which Programming Language? by annahussy(f): 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
There are so many of good programming language like HTML,PHP, ASP, JavaScript, VB.net and many more. I want to suggest you to start to learn with HTML that is the basic language to learn other programming language and its very easy to learn. You can start to learn yourself by using w3school tutorial site.
Re: Which Programming Language? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
annahussy: There are so many of good programming language like HTML,PHP, ASP, JavaScript, VB.net and many more. I want to suggest you to start to learn with HTML that is the basic language to learn other programming language and its very easy to learn. You can start to learn yourself by using w3school tutorial site.
Dear, I can't really advice any programmer to start with HTML. It will make programming easy - yup, i know that..but some gurus here don't see it as a "first thing to do when you wanna start learning programming."
Re: Which Programming Language? by ektbear: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2012
+1 for Python. Been using it a lot the past 3 weeks (rewriting some existing code I have to take advantage of the cloud), and I really enjoy using it.
Re: Which Programming Language? by albertjr: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Javascript can do more than HTML, because HTML is static, but is a dynamic JavaScript, which means it can respond to viewer actions, such as clicking a mouse or a moving object. JavaScript is often called "behavior." Behavior of the public consists of 'event' and the answer, or "action" from the program.
islamic banking and finance
islamic financing
Re: Which Programming Language? by Bossman(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2012
Just a little bit of clarification - HTML is NOT a programming language. It's simply a markup language used to describe webpages. Even JavaScript is nto a programming language, it's a scripting language. It's used mainly on the "client" side of web applications.
Re: Which Programming Language? by talk2hb1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2012
I thought its all in my head before, when someone start to call HTML programming language.
Re: Which Programming Language? by kishimi8(m): 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
hmmmm ,.,. well as a learner .. i started with c then to c++ then when i started feeling sophisticated i ventured into c#, python, and a little ruby ,..,, but guy first you gotta answers them questions asked,.
why do you want to program ?
what platform ?
Re: Which Programming Language? by Dolapo93(m): 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Javascript and python are d easiest so far
Re: Which Programming Language? by paparazzi1987(m): 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2012
I will advice you to focus on Microsoft.NET framework..taking c# language (and seqelServer) will possibly give u a lead in terms of job hunting
Re: Which Programming Language? by alexis(m): 3:36am On Dec 13, 2012
Python is pretty simple and straight-forward. Ruby is also a simple language to learn.
Re: Which Programming Language? by vitriol: 4:22am On Dec 13, 2012
handsomeness: Am new to programming, i just need to know the easiest language i can learn 1st for a new bie, Nairaland gurus which language do u recommend for a starter like me?

http://www.theweirdproblogger.com/

Most people usually go with Python. But I'd recommend Ruby.

www.ruby-lang.org -- the site fills you in on what you'd need to know about it, I reckon.

Take it in steps. Understanding the logic, then understanding the language.
Re: Which Programming Language? by Abussy4real(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2012
Bro, i strongly recomended python, coz its an easy to tool for a newbies.....

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With MEAN Stack Technology? Get In Here / Help I Have Interview Tomorrow / "oracle",is It Losing It's Demand In Today's Nigerian Labor Market?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.