Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Don Jazzy Needs To Do More Than Apologising To Naija Rappers On Mo-hits Website - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Needs To Do More Than Apologising To Naija Rappers On Mo-hits Website (1091 Views)

Don Jazzy Mo Hits & Rubbish Videos / Mo' Hits- Pere Video / Mo Hits All Star Video Is Out Boody Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Needs To Do More Than Apologising To Naija Rappers On Mo-hits Website by chronique(m): 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2012
By Chronique

A few days back,i saw a post online about don jazzy dissing naija rappers & i tot it was a lie. in my mind,i was like,don jazzy cant do dat. i didnt even bother reading it. not until i saw it on cool fm's update on facebook yesterday morning. i decided to read it and it really upset me. i felt someone had just insulted my parents. how could dat have happened? doing rap is a thing of choice & we all know wat we want. even the legendary MJ couldnt claim all music lovers were his fans while he was alive. in europe & america,you still have die hard rock fans,hip-hop fans,reggae fans,country music fans,etc who dont have interest in other genres. why on earth will don jazzy start speaking for my/our parents? how old is he in the first place? some of us are probably older than him;so on wat grounds is he speaking? the fact that he's now KANYE's houseboy doesnt mean the world is about to end. yes we're happy dat Nigerian music is gettin noticed in America & dat KANYE has signed d'banj but then,that doesnt mean they(mo-hits) are the most talented in naija. if you ask the average music lover,they'd choose our own tuface idibia anyday,anytime;so wat's d fuss about? that u're rocking with KANYE now doesnt mean you should start spittin on pple's hustle. the development in naija music wasnt done by one person. it's a collective effort of different players from major to average & minor & fans also. you cant talk about the development without giving props to pple like modenine,thouroughbreds,swat root,trybesmen,ruggedman,eedris, & a whole lot of pple. if d naija music scene wasnt gud enuf,don jazzy & d'banj wouldnt av tot of coming back to blow here when abdul bello chased dem out of jjc & 419 squad. dey came back to develop demselves on a platform others had built. everyone knows mo-hits is crap without wande coal & don jazzy's beat so why is he pushing us to a point where we get to wash him down? is it our fault dat his mo-hits label produced one of naija's all time wackest rapper in d'prince? or do we blame ourselves for his inability to improve on d development dr sid already got from the tribe? callin out modenine & talkin about english & dictionary;whose fault is it that he's not too academically sound & needs a dictionary to listen to music? did anyone stop him from going to school? if you rise to a level where you are repping Nigeria internationally & you refuse to upgrade urself academically,should rappers take d blame for dat? when u know u're a respected public figure with followers,u should choose ur words carefully. i know he has apologised already but the damage has been done. there are gullible fans who do not weigh what dia idols say. they just take it hook,line n sinker. my anger doubled up when i read comments from some fans who opined that don jazzy was speaking the truth & dat naija rappers are just hating for no reason. this kinda irked me into writing this note. on the other hand,i think don jazzy obviously knew what he was doing when he said this. maybe some stupid publicity stunt was his intentions. he granted an interview to a magazine which means his comments were not made yesterday. as we all know,before a magazine is printed,you'll have to put materials together before going to press. let's imagine the interview is about 3wks old,it comes out,only 2 pple reply you & u quickly tender an apology without even defending wat u said;who's a dummy? not me,never! it just shows that the real personality behind d don jazzy brand is not too sound upstairs.

well,just incase you are a fan/associate of don jazzy,i apologise too for my write up. i didnt mean it dat way. i was just trying to say if he finds it difficult granting a meaningful interview,he should just keep whispering to d'banj so he can help him reconstruct it before it gets out. i know a lot of emcees wanna cut a couple of verses for him but i'll say,there's no point. y'all shouldnt waste ur expensive arms & ammunitions to shoot @ cockroaches when a cheap locally manufactured insecticide will do just dat.

if you're a fan,and not a player,pls stay outta this cos you obviously have no idea how the tackle hurts. one love to all the emcees keeping hip-hop alive. God bless y'all.

(1) (Reply)

Ghanian Obama Video For Uncle Obama / How Do These Artists Get Away With It? / Olamide Just Released A Neww Track Click To Download Heree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.