Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. (4251 Views)

2016 Budgets By States In Nigeria.................check Your States Own. / Immigration Job: Jonathangives N75m To 15 Bereaved Families / Amaechi Seized Car Keys In Port-Hacourt Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by OperaMini1(m): 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) will be spending N75 million this year to replace old toilet doors, locks, repainting of fading walls and provision of directional sign posts to the Commission’s waiting room and canteen.  This was even compounded by the fact that the budget was proposed after an allocation of N28 million was made for the same purpose in the budget of last year. Plus, in the 2011 budget, the Commission had proposed N60 million for automation and changing of all access doors of its head office building in Abuja.

(Excerpts from Those Doors From Heaven, in Saharareporters).
http://saharareporters.com/article/those-doors-heaven-%E2%80%93-chinedu-c-ekeke
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by DisGuy: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
heated toilet seats grin

a lot of bungs in the budget, it's a miracle an independent body has not been set up to expose every single outrageous item in the annual budget!
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2012
undecided
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by GeneralGEJ: 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2012
i love this country - balant stealing - anyway Nigerians are fools

we go chop am till death
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by egift(m): 6:19pm On Feb 13, 2012
To say the truth - I can only cry for my dear Nigeria. cry cry cry
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by jamace(m): 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2012
Bogus estimate to deliberately enrich themselves. It's a sad sitution in naija where looting is the norm.
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2012
This is so not the time to joke about GEJ's admin.

However, if this is true. . . . hmm
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by madprof(m): 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2012
Gucci doors, Louis Vuitton toilets, even Versace Poo!
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by werepeLeri: 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

This is so not the time to joke about GEJ's admin.

However, if this is true. . . .  hmm

Did this start from GEJ's admin?

Most people you all worship out there enriched themselves through this means. Na GEJ dey draw budgets? and even in parastatals not under him?
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by skales(m): 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
Okay Well, we can expect the Tissues to cost more. . . Not Surprised.
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Abayomin70(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
madness
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Atigba: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2012
That is a lot of money, but if you look at it the other way round NCC owns one the government parastatals most expensive building, all the interiors use for that building is very costly?i know what am talking about,i hv been there before.That is were i did my youth services, The building was built by a chinese company CCECC.so spending such money for doors and what ever, i dont think is waisting of public fund?
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by twinstaiye(m): 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2012
Press Release
N75 Million Not for Toilet Doors - NCC
The attention of the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, has been drawn to widely reported story in some national dailies of Wednesday, February 8, 2012, titled “ Reps Query NCC’s N75 Million Budget for Toilet Doors and Keys” alleging that the House of Representatives Committee on Communications has queried the Commission over a number of items proposed in its 2012 budget.
We are constrained to respond to these reports because of several inaccuracies and misrepresentations of facts contained in them, and a deliberate attempt to impugn on the character and reputation of the Commission for unknown reasons. The tone of the reports is contrary to the atmosphere of understanding that pervaded the budget defence by the Commission.
The sum of N75 Million under reference was for major works which were fully evaluated by the Commission before the budget submission. They include repainting of the external walls of the Commissions headquarters building, repairs and repainting of the steel roof structures. This is in addition to a major face lift of the reception areas, waiting room, two-wing canteen facilities with several equipments, provision of directional signs in the 9-Storey edifice of the Commission, in addition to replacement of old and unbefitting toilet doors and locks.
There was also no query by the Committee on the provision of the sum of N30 Million in the budget for procurement of furniture at the headquarters of the Commission, and four zonal offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu, and Ibadan. The N10 Million provision for air conditioners at the headquarters building is for the phased replacement of some air conditioners which have served out their useful life as procurement of new ones is more cost effective than the high cost of maintaining the old ones.
The newspaper reports also misconstrued the provision of N89 Million for project vehicles, and N72 Million for Quality of Service monitoring vehicles as duplication. The information provided in the budget details was explicit. Project vehicles are operational vehicles for compliance monitoring and surveillance exercises in Port Harcourt, Kano, and Lagos zones covering all the cities in the respective geopolitical zones while monitoring vehicles are special purpose-built vehicles with equipment for drive tests designed for quality of service monitoring as they enable set-up tests with minimal vibration and shocks while in motion.
The minute details of each item on the budget proposal for 2012 were available during the budget session at the House of Representatives for any credible report by the media which wished to report the facts. The Nigerian Communications Commission is a responsible organization and does not engage in frivolous budgeting as all works and services are carefully evaluated before the budgets are sent to the National Assembly.
The Commission therefore wishes to dissociate itself from the content, tone and interpretation in the reports which appeared in the Vanguard, Leadership, Tribune, People’s Daily, and Daily Mirror newspapers with same captions, same contents, same words, yet were written by five different reporters.
Reuben Muoka
Head, Media & Public Relations.
Dated this 8th Day of February, 2012.
For further Information, Please Contact:
Tel: 0803 664 5551, 08051110337
rmuoka@ncc.gov.ng
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by DisGuy: 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
Atigba:

That is a lot of money, but if you look at it the other way round NCC owns one the government parastatals most expensive building, all the interiors use for that building is very costly?i know what am talking about,i hv been there before.That is were i did my youth services, The building was built by a chinese company CCECC.so spending such money for doors and what ever, i dont think is waisting of public fund?  

huh  
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2012
The Population of those who Complain on Nairaland overwhelms the Population of those who actually do something to cause change in real life.
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by megastu(m): 3:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
N50Million to open facebook account is still the highest grin
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by executinal(m): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
The real truth should be for renovation and maintenance and not toilet doors and key. Maintenance culture is our major problem. Hope some folks don't use it as an venue for their loot.
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2012
What makes me laugh is that we have real issues bothering us, and yet we chose to go on strike over subsidy and yet when we see political office holders calling us idiots by making such outrageous budgets, we keep silent.

Dont cry for Nigeria, cry for yourselves. angry
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by Siena247(f): 4:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
9ja i hail thee! grin
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by elderbros(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
such lies,
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by tlops(m): 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
I want the contrakt!
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by DisGuy: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
you can call heaven direct grin
Re: Ncc Budgets To Spend N75m To Change Toilet Doors And Keys In 2012. by POTUT(m): 3:11am On Feb 15, 2012
NCC, whatever you do, just get Globacom to deliver internet services when one pays. I parted with 5k two weeks ago and I still can't connect. Today is a miracle. What sort of ombudsman are you?

I don vex o!

(1) (Reply)

Compare Nigeria's Old And New National Anthem / APC Drags Jonathan to Court Over Deployment Of Soldiers in Osun State / Heatwave: Soldier Guarding Prince Charles Collapses. This Is Terrible! See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.