Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up - Dating And Meet-up Zone (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up (7952 Views)

Kayboiiii Would Like To Meet Senior Babes: From 30 To 45 Yrs.call 08134852977 / Kayboiiii Would Like To Meet Senior Babes: From 30 To 45 Yrs.call 08134852977 / Ladies Btw 40 - 45 Yrs : Do They Still Have Any Chance For Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 13, 2012
There is of course a lot to be said of African art and contemporary African art. If you go from the standpoint that art has to be of utilitarian value to those who patronize it, then you can very well justify the predilection of Nigerians for such art avenues like drama, dance, writing, music, still-life painting mostly or perhaps only colorful paintings. Art with deeper themes, such as the extreme forms of impressionism or plain surrealism (in order words art with effect), are mostly absent in paintings, not to talk of in drama, dance, etc. What we have mostly is art for effect, art for surprise. U got that? A dancer-friend once complained to me that his Nigerian audience often fails to see the deeper meanings in his dance moves, and are only thrilled by the acrobatics accompanying them. Nothing else. .
Because of this art and art appreciation has suffered. Nonetheless there are a number of artists in the Nigerian space who are attempting to correct things. Recently, photography has become a major art tool in the hands of young Nigerians. At an exhibition by a group of Nigerian photographers, I was marveled by the quality of art of display, the strong voice with which this was communicated and the rebellion driving this young, enthusiastic souls. George Oshodi is one prominent photographer; Uche James Iroha is another. These guys understand quite substantially what content, quantity and quality mean in photography. Though they also participate in several exhibitions abroad, I won't be surprised if only a handful of Diasporians know them anywyz.

However, painting as an art hasn't been so successful in post-modern Nigeria, I'd argue. Perhaps painting as an occupation has been. Because most of these painters go the detail-exposition way, it could be claimed that they dwell in a time long past. Painting has gone long beyond exposition of details. Detailed is no longer equal to truth. Quantum physics has dabbed colours all over the face of truth, so that truth is now effectively ambiguous. High time Nigerian artists realized this!

By the way, emofine, doeeeyed, nice exchanges, one of you should come into the bedroom with me so we can talk all night about art and painting! tongue
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 13, 2012
emöfine2:
I’m also keen on hearing what you think of contemporary art particularly British contemporary art.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by emofine2(f): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
What we have mostly is art for effect, art for surprise. U got that?

Interesting.
Being satisfied alone by the “effects” is like being delighted by tricks and not pondering the mechanisms behind it all. But if the function is primarily for effect maybe the work is perhaps shallow thus could the audience be blamed for not drawing more from it? I guess that's why I'm disillusioned with the YBA crew amongst other reasons.
Such art is most likely not going to inspire one's thought but merely engage one's attention. I suppose it boils down to what the artist wants to convey/relate.

Actually thinking over what you just wrote I used to wonder why some Nigerians (at least the ones I knew) were less than impressed by Nneka but blown away by Dbanj for example. They would dismiss Nneka as "preachy" whereas Dbanj was more on their level and tailored more to "real" Nigerian music.
At first I honestly thought it was a joke and just a case of hyperbole but I soon found out they were serious.
They couldn't dance to her music they continued venting. And so I considered Fela. Because he would qualify as "preachy" and perhaps even "real" Nigerian type of music and his style was largely for effect since he was actively campaigning musically but then his "preachy" lyrics were also arresting and people must have pondered over them. Nneka has the talent or voice but I guess her persona doesn't have the impact.

I've actually been seeing Oshodi’s work all this while but wasn't familiar with his name before.
Today I’ve only acquainted myself with Iroha but I'm not a stranger to his sort of style. But what you shared about young Nigerian photographers sounds exciting.

Concerning the broader arts I’ve noticed something with francophone Africans.
Francophones have much appreciation for art. And when I say appreciation I don’t just mean as audiences but as artists.
Malian films for example, Music from Ivory Coast (and I’m not talking about coupe decale) etc. . .it’s as if these people were trained in how to manage art by their former colonial master. Not surprisingly the French are great lovers of art. That's not to say the British don’t value art because they certainly do but clearly they had different methods when managing their colonials and the differences seems to have played in the arts.
I also acknowledge South Africa.

By the way, emofine, doeeeyed, nice exchanges, one of you should come into the bedroom with me so we can talk all night about art and painting! tongue

Tell me are you between the ages of 35 and 45? Fishing where you don’t have a license tongue
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by emofine2(f): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
doe-eyed:
What seems to be more prevalent is the art of Africanized Europeans in the Senegambia

Could you enlighten me about this group please.

sauer:

There’s a reason why I asked that specifically sauer.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
emöfine2:

Interesting.
Being satisfied alone by the “effects” is like being delighted by tricks and not pondering the mechanisms behind it all. But if the function is primarily for effect maybe the work is perhaps shallow thus could the audience be blamed for not drawing more from it? I guess that's why I'm disillusioned with the YBA crew amongst other reasons.
Such art is most likely not going to inspire one's thought but merely engage one's attention. I suppose it boils down to what the artist wants to convey/relate.

Of course, art is not for effect. Magic may be, but art is no magic! My Nigerian people don't however understand a bit of this.
I thought YBA was spearheading British contemporary art with its creation of some new kind of artistic expression. For a while now, I have been wondering why "For the Love of God" must be in flawless diamond and not stones, if wanton effect was not intended undecided

emöfine2:
Concerning the broader arts I’ve noticed something with francophone Africans.
Francophones have much appreciation for art. And when I say appreciation I don’t just mean as audiences but as artists.
Malian films for example, Music from Ivory Coast (and I’m not talking about coupe decale) etc. . .it’s as if these people were trained in how to manage art by their former colonial master. Not surprisingly the French are great lovers of art. That's not to say the British don’t value art because they certainly do but clearly they had different methods when managing their colonials and the differences seems to have played in the arts.
I also acknowledge South Africa.
Yeah, you are quite right about this. But is it indeed because of the legacy French colonialists left them? undecided Possible. Artistic revivals in Europe during the later part of Africa's colonization were almost exclusively restricted to French, Spanish and American territories. And when it did happen in Britain, it hardly left Britishraum for adoption in other climes.

emöfine2:

There’s a reason why I asked that specifically sauer.
Okay. How much are you paying for an answer!? grin
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by emofine2(f): 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
sauer:

Of course, art is not for effect. Magic may be, but art is no magic! My Nigerian people don't however understand a bit of this.

Hmm. No. Art is not merely for effect at least in my mind and prefence. I believe there has to be some design, reasoning, philosophy behind it not just a simple "ta daaa" and subsequent round of applause. But art for effect doesn't necessarily mean it has no depth, perhaps only in its employment or function. Some art for example stirs controversy thereby arousing interesting responses/debates (Damien Hirst excluded) but if it's controversial for the sake of being controversial it comes across as a gimmick, just a trick (Damien Hirst included)

art is not magic? I suppose it's how one considers magic. . .is it a cheap gimmick or an illusion? but some art is just magical.

I thought YBA was spearheading British contemporary art with its creation of some new kind of artistic expression.

Ah what can I say. I think some people are just taken in by popular culture and some are merely investors. Whilst I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush (pun intended) as for some of these personalities there is absolutely no vision, no philosophy, no content behind that in which they bravely call "art". It just leaves me numb. I don't even wish to find out more. I'm not simulated, motivated or inspired. I'm not sold. I'm not fooled.
But it's funny after considering effect because they had the shock factor. I think some are just attention seekers whilst some are merely business men but that's the thing...contemporary art has now largely become a brand - whether that's good or bad is another topic entirely.
However. . . I won't fail to mention that they certainly broke down borders which is both good and bad. Today it seems as if today that almost anything can qualify as art leaving some feeling cheated. However the debate is usually entertaining.

For a while now, I have been wondering why "For the Love of God" must be in flawless diamond and not stones, if wanton effect was not intended

Ha! Tacky personified. The first I saw that product I wanted to vomit. Utterly repulsive as well as the price tag lipsrsealed

But is it indeed because of the legacy French colonialists left them?

I believe so. Afterall the french were very much involved with their colony unlike the Brits that had more of an indirect interaction (not that I'm lamenting the fact) it's just something I used to ponder on and the result thereof.

Okay. How much are you paying for an answer!? grin

Lol oh "for the love of God" sauer tongue
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by bayfam(m): 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2012
This thread stated on a good note but hijacked by few selfish interest in the name of Art....they call such pple time wasters,talking nonsense...their's limit to everything i was only following up the thread until fools arrived,welcom maybe they shld allow two of u to display ur Proud Art of fools....i love Art no doubt but don't u no d topic of this thread, or go back and see 4urself reason 4d thread atleast,aba...we just like to show 4nothing,u too get email or can even chat somewhere not here......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet. Oga just my opinion..... [email]This thread stated on a good note but hijacked by few selfish, deriald mentally sychophant in the name of Art....they call such pple time wasters,talking nonsense...their's limit to everything i was only following up the thread until fools arrived,welcom maybe they shld allow two of u to display ur Proud Art of fools....i love Art no doubt but don't u no d topic of this thread, or go back and see 4urself reason 4d thread atleast,aba...we just like to show 4nothing,u too get email or can even chat somewhere not here......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet. Oga just my opinion..... [/email]This thread stated on a good note but hijacked by few selfish, deriald mentally sychophant in the name of Art....they call such pple time wasters,talking nonsense...their's limit to everything i was only following up the thread until fools arrived,welcom maybe they shld allow two of u to display ur Proud Art of fools....i love Art no doubt but don't u no d topic of this thread, or go back and see 4urself reason 4d thread atleast,aba...we just like to show 4nothing,u too get email or can even chat somewhere not here......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet. Oga just my opinion.....
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
bayfam: This thread stated on a good note but hijacked by few selfish interest in the name of Art....they call such pple time wasters,talking nonsense...their's limit to everything i was only following up the thread until fools arrived,welcom maybe they shld allow two of u to display ur Proud Art of fools....i love Art no doubt but don't u no d topic of this thread, or go back and see 4urself reason 4d thread atleast,aba...we just like to show 4nothing,u too get email or can even chat somewhere not here......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet. Oga just my opinion..... [email]This thread stated on a good note but hijacked by few selfish, deriald mentally sychophant in the name of Art....they call such pple time wasters,talking nonsense...their's limit to everything i was only following up the thread until fools arrived,welcom maybe they shld allow two of u to display ur Proud Art of fools....i love Art no doubt but don't u no d topic of this thread, or go back and see 4urself reason 4d thread atleast,aba...we just like to show 4nothing,u too get email or can even chat somewhere not here......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet. Oga just my opinion..... [/email]This thread stated on a good note but hijacked by few selfish, deriald mentally sychophant in the name of Art....they call such pple time wasters,talking nonsense...their's limit to everything i was only following up the thread until fools arrived,welcom maybe they shld allow two of u to display ur Proud Art of fools....i love Art no doubt but don't u no d topic of this thread, or go back and see 4urself reason 4d thread atleast,aba...we just like to show 4nothing,u too get email or can even chat somewhere not here......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet. Oga just my opinion.....
sorry, your post repeats itself so often it's confused. Are you that deluded?
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
emöfine2:
Lol oh "for the love of God" sauer tongue
grin grin I hope pun was intended. . . .in good measure!
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by doeeyed: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
Welcome on board Bayfam,

What would u rather talk about?
You are welcome to start ur line of conversation.

You did say u liked art.
What type if I may POLITELY ask.....

Merci,
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by emofine2(f): 12:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
bayfam: ......oh maybe u r not even 30sometin yet......

Haha don’t mind my 20something self. . . Pardon me for trespassing and derailing. No vex o. I have left you to continue.

sauer:
sorry, your post repeats itself so often it's confused. Are you that deluded?

To be fair he has a point or two. Such discussions should really feature in the culture section or via mail or better yet if it was in accordance to the theme of the thread and some of us are overage underage sha.

[size=5pt]But I don’t understand why some people have to be so flaming rude when expressing their complaint.[/size]
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Tedpgrass: 12:38am On Apr 26, 2012
35 - 45yrs old chaps n gals
Where you'all at?
Let's get some mature discussion rolling.

No offence to the arty farty ones having a party on my thread.

Talking bout the economy......................
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by rowenagold(f): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2012
Pls add
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Mimiluvly(f): 5:59am On Dec 07, 2012
Hahaahaaaa......... @30- 35 most of u guys here are still single....hmmmmmmm..jokes forum indeed... D owner of dis page ar u a lady or gay??
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by lafflaff123(m): 12:58am On Dec 08, 2012
Angeleyez: Thanks Tedpgrass; hopefully everyone is serious. I'm willing to put myself out there.

I am 30yrs old also looking for something serious. I am financially and emotionally stable, highly educated with a stable career. I am in Maryland, USA. I would like to meet a man who is also serious about a relationship that will potentially lead to marriage. I also don’t have time to play games.

@ thoniann I would also like to know where you are.

Hey used to live in thr New Carrolton area and in now in a state not far from you.

Will hit you a pvt message. Check your box.
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Tedpgrass: 12:12am On Dec 09, 2012
As said previously.....

Talking about the economy....

Where you all at
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by esere826: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
@)OP

umh.....
nice thread, but was getting too 'euro-elitist' and 'date/relationship-centric' in my opinion
Me thinks you could view folks profile in NL and invite them to this thread
forget about their age and location, think only about what they have to offer intellectually
and their 'real' potential for strong mid-time/future networking

...just my opinion
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Tjakes(f): 5:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
Will be
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by Tedpgrass: 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
esere826: @)OP

umh.....
nice thread, but was getting too 'euro-elitist' and 'date/relationship-centric' in my opinion
Me thinks you could view folks profile in NL and invite them to this thread
forget about their age and location, think only about what they have to offer intellectually
and their 'real' potential for strong mid-time/future networking

...just my opinion

Gee thanks.....
Honoured to have you here, sir...
Problem is... not very internet savvy
And shamefacedly, not quite sure of ways of identifying the right pple....

Any strategic help will be appreciated....

Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by quicksilver77(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
I'm late thirty, law graduate, in need of a serious lady, call 07066741783
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by hydrocarbon(m): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
I'm charlse,from cannan city but base in abuja,I love making friends with matured women from 38-60 of age,I believe in myself cos I know am d best of my kind, 2188370e ,N/B handsome and presentable..08136718782
Re: 35 - 45 Yrs : Lets Hook Up by babamoha(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2014
Just passing by hopeing to meet matured minded people 2291AA24

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Flashcocoa Mansion / Love-zone / Naija Dating Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.