Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

.. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / .. (2179 Views)

Prophet Mohammed Was A Womaniser? / Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) / Prophet Mohammed's Married Life Explained: U Can Ask Your Questions Politely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by Joeblis(m): 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
Illiterate
Re: .. by Joeblis(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
U should b ashamed of of ur self 4 dat unbegoten comment.i jst ask a ? nd need a answer.srcab mtceew
olas2u:

Illiterate
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
With your comment were do you wnt people to start ,because you dont have any idea about religion,you have been programmed already.so what can they tell you.This is the 21 century .olodo
Re: .. by crossman9(m): 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
How many wives did the founder of Islam, Muhammad, really have?
Today's news has a story about Mosab Hassan Yousef, born the son of one of the most influential leaders of the militant Hamas organization in the West Bank, but now speaking openly about Islam http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,4024…

Did Muhammad really have 50 wives as stated by Mr. Yousef?
4 years ago Report Abuse Additional Details
How about a minimum of 13?

Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

Sawda bint Zama*

Aisha bint Abi Bakr*

Hafsa bint Umar

Zaynab bint Khuzayma

Umm Salama Hind bint Abi Umayya

Zaynab bint Jahsh

Juwayriya bint al-Harith

Ramlah bint Abi-Sufyan

Rayhana bint Amr ibn Khunafa**

Safiyya bint Huyayy

Maymuna bint al-Harith

Maria al-Qibtiyya**

He also took a Christian Coptic slave as a concubine http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_7615

And, this is a quote "Muhammad violated the Qur’an by marrying more than 4 wives.
Muhammad violated humanity, by marrying a 6 year old girl, and had sex with her as early as 9, likely at age 6!" http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-mu
I
Muhammad’s 16 Wives:
1. Khadija, 2. Sawda, 3. Aesha, 4. Omm Salama, 5. Halsa, 6. Zaynab (of Jahsh), 7. Jowayriyi, 8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya, 10. Maymuna (of Hareth), 11. Fatema, 12. Hend, 13. Asma (of Saba), 14. Zaynab (of Khozayma),Habla
16. Asma
4 years ago

Muhammad’s 2 concubines/slaves:

Mary (the Christian)
Rayhana
Muhammad’s 4 devoted followers who who "gave" themselves to satisfy Muhammad's sexual desires.

Omm Sharik
Maymuna
Zaynab (a third one)
Khawla

I wonder how many Muslims are ignorant of their prophet?
4 years ago

Sadat's answer may not reflect the reality of Muhammad's life, as there are many scholars who have written about Muhammad's harem, and that he may not have been a chaste and selfless husband.

But may Allah guide us all to the Truth for our lives and times.
4 years ago
Re: .. by Joeblis(m): 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
Tanks 4 ur insight u rili reasoned wel
crossman9:

How many wives did the founder of Islam, Muhammad, really have?
Today's news has a story about Mosab Hassan Yousef, born the son of one of the most influential leaders of the militant Hamas organization in the West Bank, but now speaking openly about Islam http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,4024…

Did Muhammad really have 50 wives as stated by Mr. Yousef?
4 years ago Report Abuse Additional Details
How about a minimum of 13?

Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

Sawda bint Zama*

Aisha bint Abi Bakr*

Hafsa bint Umar

Zaynab bint Khuzayma

Umm Salama Hind bint Abi Umayya

Zaynab bint Jahsh

Juwayriya bint al-Harith

Ramlah bint Abi-Sufyan

Rayhana bint Amr ibn Khunafa**

Safiyya bint Huyayy

Maymuna bint al-Harith

Maria al-Qibtiyya**

He also took a Christian Coptic slave as a concubine http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_7615

And, this is a quote "Muhammad violated the Qur’an by marrying more than 4 wives.
Muhammad violated humanity, by marrying a 6 year old girl, and Were Intimate with her as early as 9, likely at age 6!" http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-mu
I
Muhammad’s 16 Wives:
1. Khadija, 2. Sawda, 3. Aesha, 4. Omm Salama, 5. Halsa, 6. Zaynab (of Jahsh), 7. Jowayriyi, 8. Omm Habiba
9. Safiya, 10. Maymuna (of Hareth), 11. Fatema, 12. Hend, 13. Asma (of Saba), 14. Zaynab (of Khozayma),Habla
16. Asma
4 years ago

Muhammad’s 2 concubines/slaves:

Mary (the Christian)
Rayhana
Muhammad’s 4 devoted followers who who "gave" themselves to satisfy Muhammad's intimate desires.

Omm Sharik
Maymuna
Zaynab (a third one)
Khawla

I wonder how many Muslims are ignorant of their prophet?
4 years ago

Sadat's answer may not reflect the reality of Muhammad's life, as there are many scholars who have written about Muhammad's harem, and that he may not have been a chaste and selfless husband.

But may Allah guide us all to the Truth for our lives and times.
4 years ago

Re: .. by LagosShia: 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2012
please "Joeblis",review the two below threads and all your questions would be answered.he neither married 27 wives nor did he marry a 6 years old:

"Muhammed's Multiplicity In Marriage":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53711.0.html#msg7170329

"Tell me why Mohammed married a young Aisha?":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846958.0.html#msg9975134

and just for your info,men of God in the bible had hundreds of wives and concubines and they were blessed by "jehovah",weren't they?
Re: .. by deols(f): 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2012
@op, u are a liar.
Re: .. by tiarabubu: 8:38am On Feb 15, 2012
LagosShia:

please "Joeblis",review the two below threads and all your questions would be answered.he neither married 27 wives nor did he marry a 6 years old:

Muhammed's Multiplicity In Marriage":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53711.0.html#msg7170329

"Tell me why Mohammed married a young Aisha?":
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846958.0.html#msg9975134

and just for your info, men of God in the bible had hundreds of wives and concubines and they were blessed by "jehovah",weren't they?

which PROPHET in the bible had hundreds of wives? I would love to be educated.

We are talking about Prophets here not a king (Solomon) who was even mentioned in the Quran!
Re: .. by LagosShia: 2:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
tiarabubu:

which PROPHET in the bible had hundreds of wives? I would love to be educated.

We are talking about Prophets here not a king (Solomon) who was even mentioned in the Quran!

whether you regard Solomon (as) as a king or prophet,the point is he was a man of God and your "jehovah" praised him and blessed him and guided him.

regardless,polygamy is present and well in the bible and not a sin at all.
Re: .. by tiarabubu: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2012
my question remains unanswered; Which prophet in the Bible had hundreds of wives?

The function and status of prophets are quite clear from that of men or historical figures. So which prophet of God in the Bible had multiple wives? I wish to be educated.
Re: .. by vedaxcool(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2012
tiarabubu:

my question remains unanswered; Which prophet in the Bible had hundreds of wives?

The function and status of prophets are quite clear from that of men or historical figures. So which prophet of God in the Bible had multiple wives? I wish to be educated.

since you are another ignorant christian let me train you, first go and do research on how many wives Abraham married! then we can educate you more
Re: .. by Sweetnecta: 8:23pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Tiarabubu; « #10 on: Today at 04:20:13 PM »
[Quote]my question remains unanswered; Which prophet in the Bible had hundreds of wives?

The function and status of prophets are quite clear from that of men or historical figures. So which prophet of God in the Bible had multiple wives? I wish to be educated.[/Quotes]The Jews consider King Solomon as a Prophet. He had 700 wives. Then he topped it with 300 concubines.

Consider that the Jews are trying hard to build the temple of Solomon and the conservative christians in America has thrown its weight behind it, we know from the jewish Bible that the Massiah will not return and day of judgement will not begin unless the jews built this temple. To the lives of the jews, King Solomon who is a prophet, son of Prophet David is just as important as Prophet Moses, the very same way Jesus is important to the christians.

Incidentally can you name 5 messengers and 10 prophets from the Bible? I wanna see if Solomon or David will not be mentioned.[/quote]
Re: .. by Sweetnecta: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Tiarabubu; The Jews consider King Solomon as a Prophet. He had 700 wives. Then he topped it with 300 concubines.

Consider that the Jews are trying hard to build the temple of Solomon and the conservative christians in America has thrown its weight behind it, we know from the jewish Bible that the Massiah will not return and day of judgement will not begin unless the jews built this temple. To the lives of the jews, King Solomon who is a prophet, son of Prophet David is just as important as Prophet Moses, the very same way Jesus is important to the christians.

Incidentally can you name 5 messengers and 10 prophets from the Bible? I wanna see if Solomon or David will not be mentioned.
Re: .. by tiarabubu: 8:24am On Feb 17, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Tiarabubu; The Jews consider King Solomon as a Prophet. He had 700 wives. Then he topped it with 300 concubines.

Incidentally can you name 5 messengers and 10 prophets from the Bible? I wanna see if Solomon or David will not be mentioned.

let me educate you. Christians don't venerated King Solomon or David, his father, as prophets. They are not. These men were historical figures whoes action or inaction shaped events later as recorded in the Bible.

a common error you guys make is that any figure in the Bible a prophet and his action are sanctioned! The Bible is also a chronological record of ancient history and how God interacted with people of old and their actions affected subsequent events.  in times of David and Solomon there were prophets and were VERY clearly mentioned in the same passages eg prophets Nathan and Samuel ( another thing, prophets are seldom married). These prophets conveyed messages from God including punishment for deviant behavior to David and Solomon. For your info God severely punished Solomon cos of his wives (from 1st Kings 11:4)

Christians are not  Jews, ok? Don't muddle facts.
Re: .. by Sweetnecta: 2:10am On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^ I asked Tiarabubu to give the names of five prophets, she named Samuel. What happened to the remaining 4?
Is Samuel more important than Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc, Aaron, Joshua, David, Solomon the wise?

And there is no prophet that Christian has. Jesus is not a prophet by your religious account; he was God. a dead God even for a moment.
so who is the prophet, except you take "jewish religion" by your own admission for prophets?
Re: .. by tiarabubu: 8:48am On Feb 18, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^ I asked Tiarabubu to give the names of five prophets, she named Samuel. What happened to the remaining 4?
Is Samuel more important than Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc, Aaron, Joshua, David, Solomon the wise?

And there is no prophet that Christian has. Jesus is not a prophet by your religious account; he was God. a dead God even for a moment.
so who is the prophet, except you take "jewish religion" by your own admission for prophets?

this is not a quiz competition! grin

you seem to misunderstand the roles of these people. The Quran calls them prophets but they were not so in the Bible. some were kings, priests and judges. As recorded David and Solomon were no prophets. They were kings of Israel. During his time were the prophets Nathan and Samuel. So also were other prophets of old like Ezekiel, Joel, Eliza, Elisha, Balam, Joshua etc and yes Jesus is NOT a prophet.

another thing no one person is MORE important than the other. so prophet Samuel is not more important than the Prophet Nathan. They are all equal in the sight of God.

see lds.about.com/od/prophetsleaders/a/prophets_ot.htm  for more

I am not here to insult religious figures. its not my style.
Re: .. by Sweetnecta: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^^And a prophet can't be king or king be a prophet? This destroyed the prophet-hood of Jesus or his being claimed as a king or in reality both. Your thought that the Bible[s] [since there so many of them and no two are alike, even in successive generations], is the standard of truth, is way off the mark. Take for example of what jeremiah says of the old testament as being corrupted already by the pen of the scribes. one will have to question everything that the Bible says against common sense even if we leave the Quran out of it.

Yahweh loved David enough to bring victory to the people through a were stone throwing from the hand of the lad, when he was still not quite old enough to participate in war. God didn't stop there; He made him a king and winner of battles and wars. Then he gave him Psalm that you christians read to ward of evils or call success to yourselves, while you could not use the Gospel to do either, even if you try. Yet it is the man you make to a God, prophet, etc that gave you the "Gospels".

just to remind you how wrong your premise is abut prophet-hood, we see today that many male and females in christianity are called prophets and prophetesses. What qualifies them and what disqualified King David and or King Solomon except your corruptions?

She says Jesus is not a prophet. If i quote verses from the corrupted Bibles where Jesus is called prophet, can you do either of these or both here on this thread?
1]. declare that the Bible is corrupt anyway the reason I am able to quote corruption from it.
2]. abandon christianity because of the corruption that the Bible penned calling your Jesus who is not a prophet by your own account, prophet
see i have not asked you to become a muslim. that will be your choice a decision you will have to make afterward.

if we see the Bible calling Jesus a prophet, then Jesus will not be more important than prophet Nathan. Is that correct? Please accept the above challenge, first and i wanna see how much you know your Bible, in English.
Re: .. by tiarabubu: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
You dont make sense dear. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: .. by Sweetnecta: 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^ i know, 'dear'.
Re: .. by LagosShia: 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: .. by tiarabubu: 9:40pm On Feb 18, 2012
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ i know, 'dear'.

Thank you for your honesty. grin
Re: .. by Sweetnecta: 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^^^^^^^ you understand 3 to be 1 or 1 to be 3.
i understand 1 to be 1.

so i konw 'dear'.
Re: .. by FXKing2012(m): 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
LagosShia:

whether you regard Solomon (as) as a king or prophet,the point is he was a man of God and your "jehovah" praised him and blessed him and guided him.

When will u stop talking trash? Will u ever stop talking what you know nothing of?
Re: .. by crossman9(m): 12:41am On Feb 25, 2012

For the record the bible has always wanted one man one woman this has been like this from the start of the world there was one of a kind man and a woman
Jesus said the same a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife not wife’s

yes there was some in the bible like kings who had many woman but the commandments of God was one wife and one husband Jesus come to make clear the law and the prophets and Mohammad introduced the complete opposite to Jesus in fact Jesus did not have a wife the church is his bride
Re: .. by maclatunji: 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2012
^The Church is the bride of Jesus (AS)? Guy, Jesus knew nothing called a church. What he knew were synagogues. Jesus has nothing to do with your churches- fact!

Can you point to anywhere that Jesus called his church?

Even the painting that you guys think is Jesus is fake. Where are the paintings of Judas and the other disciples or Ceasar for that matter- na only Jesus (AS) sabi pose for painting?
Re: .. by crossman9(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2012
Yes your very right about the church but the word really means people who worship CHRIST AND THE FATHER church mean local congregation that is what it means it does not mean a buildings how they looked is not important for salvation this is another so called black Israelites cult statement? grin
Re: .. by maclatunji: 12:09am On Feb 26, 2012
^Of course, virtually everything in Christianity 'doesn't really matter'. It doesn't matter that the concept of 'The Holy Trinity' is ridiculous, it doesn't matter that the picture that is portrayed and believed to be that of Jesus by hundreds of millions of Christians is actually bogus, it doesn't matter that Christmas which is the biggest celebration in Christianity is celebrated on Dec. 25- a day that is not remotely close to the birthday of Jesus, it doesn't matter that the words Christianity or Church never existed in the days of Jesus, it doesn't matter that you cannot define what actual worship means in Christianity, it doesn't matter that hundreds of millions of people died before Jesus ever came to this world but you want us to believe that salvation can only come from believing that Jesus died on the cross for everybody's sins.

It is obvious that any right-thinking person must realize that the entire conceptual framework of Christianity is quite simply a joke!

Let me guess, you want people to have faith and believe- in what? All of the falsehoods being peddled about? We beg to disagree.

(1) (Reply)

The Qur'aan And Modern Science / Quran 78:6-7 Is Clear Scientific Error / Need Your Help Brothers& Sister, Playing GAME In Ramadan Is It Halal Or Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.