Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,300 members, 7,822,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: (3597 Views)

Hakeemeffect: Advanced Nollywood Special Makeup Effect [ Graphic Images] / Matrix Effect Tutorial Using Photoshop / Bollywood Action Movie That Beats Matrix? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by charlisco(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2006
I've learned a few really cool things with photoshop over the past few weeks, and I thought I'd share them with you. I've outlined all the steps so even the most inexperienced people can understand.
Matrix effect

1. Create a new document, 400 x 400.
2. Reset colours by pressing D.
3. Click Filter > Texture > Grain
4. Set intensity and contrast up full, and set the grain type to vertical. You can fiddle with the contrast and intensity settings until you get the effect you like best.
5. Click Filter > Artistic > Neon Glow and select a green colour. Fiddle around with the size and brightness until you get it looking the way you want.

Adding text

1. Once your bg is created, keep it open and create a new 400 x 400 document. Reset colour.
2. Type what you want in the centre with black text and flatten the image.
2a. Merge the Text with the background click layer> Merge down (ctl+E)
3. Click Filter > Artistic > Neon Glow make sure the colour used is same (green) and make some little adjustment
4. Click Select > Colour Range and click on a black area.
5. Click CTRL + Shift + I to invert the slection area.
6. Copy the selection, and paste it into the other document.
7. Click Filter > Blur > Blur More. You should have something that looks like this:

Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Ynot(m): 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2006
Nice work charlisco. For others that need Photoshop video tutorial, go to 3dbuzz, register free and you can download tons of VTM tutorial on Photoshop, Maya, 3d Max. C++ (have to buy some of this though), PHP and MySQL etc.
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2006
Wow, it looks nice. Can you share other effects with us?

dedicated graphics section coming up!
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by charlisco(m): 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2006
i was about mailing you to creat a forum for graphic designer to show off their skills,
thanks for your plan toward it, as i look forward to make more interesting post on graphic applicaiton
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by bolaoni(m): 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2006
Thanks Charlisco and Ynot for this info.

@Seun, we will all appreciate it if this is done. wink
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Seun(m): 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2006
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Ynot(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2006
Where are the programmers in the house at? Someone should be thinking of making a nairaland screensaver that look like that.
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by bolaoni(m): 7:21pm On Mar 20, 2006
Ynot:

Where are the programmers in the house at? Someone should be thinking of making a nairaland screensaver that look like that.

True yarn! Please who will take up this challenge oooo
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by finda: 1:02pm On Apr 25, 2006
cry cry photoimpact. how do i create it with photoimpact. help anyone? cry
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by kennyplus: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
can anyone teach litttle bit about photoshop, i need tutor pls
how much will it cost to upgrade myself on photoshop
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by claycares: 12:41am On Sep 10, 2009
Nicest guyz!
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by kabiru10(m): 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2009
hi , which photoshop do u use is it cs3 or cs4, which video tutorial do u recommend, what abt professor teaches webdesign
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Shijibomi: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2009
yah guy, that is cool i've try it & is really okay, thou i have done more with photoshop, but never mind urs too is nice keep it up.
and to all nairalander if u have any difficulty area on photoshop, pls contact me, i will render an assistant. but i deal very much on picture even old bad picture will be recovered to a new clean picture

Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by kazzydude: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2009
lol,
what are u now feeling like
is that all uve got?
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Nellyhands: 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2009
Help me out pls, i cant get it.
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by drwhopl(m): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2009
hey man whats up?i'm happy i was able to achieve the lil tutourial u gave out thanks men.iof u got more pls hook me up.this is my email drwhopl@yahoo.co.uk,i'm into fotoshop as well,we could learn from each other thanks.
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by Nellyhands: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2009
hey pls can you help me out. im stuck someway along the line i still cant get it.
Re: Photoshop ::: Matrix Effect ::: by drwhopl(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2009
hey it was really hard to get at first,but if u just give in some more time to it,you'll get it.

(1) (Reply)

(SCAM Alert): Beware Of Hood Rat Graphics Design Clients / MILBEN School / My Diary-graphics Design Showcase / Cartoon Using Autodesk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.