Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,077 members, 7,849,376 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833440 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro:

Harzard wins Chelsea most penalties. Most times when the game becomes deadlock he does a Maradona like dribbling as we saw yesterday. Did you see what he did yesterday to win that penalty? Only Maradona or Messi can do that. He did it many times last season bringing something special late on to win difficult matches.
Calling Messi and Maradona cos Hazard dribbled 2-3 assnal players. Sth Nani, Val and Young have done for fun.

Your problem is that u get hypnotised by players u rate high that u can analyse them well even.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2014
Cooagr, those stats you stated is screwed by the fact that Mourinho parks the bus and City plays their forwards high on the pitch.

The professional footballers have spoken.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2014
chrisley024:
Calling Messi and Maradona cos Hazard dribbled 2-3 assnal players. Sth Nani, Val and Young have done for fun.

Your problem is that u get hypnotised by players u rate high that u can analyse them well even.

My friend, that was a Maradona kind of dribble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2014
SailorXY:

stay there dey deceive yourself with mathematics, so you are trying to tell me that Hazard was more in the game against City than Silva? this last match wey we just watch finish? a game where the first meaningful Chelsea attack was after a red card to their opponent? hahaha guy get yourself a better television first, & probably a HD decoder as well

this was their stats last season when analysed per minute. hazard is a fraud! the 700 more minutes he played than silva is the reason he's rated higher than silva on whoscored. it means he woulda made more key passes, more accurate passes, more dribbles, more shots than his counterpart that either got subbed too early or wasn't fit to play.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1761193_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
SailorXY:

stay there dey deceive yourself with mathematics, so you are trying to tell me that Hazard was more in the game against City than Silva? this last match wey we just watch finish? a game where the first meaningful Chelsea attack was after a red card to their opponent? hahaha guy get yourself a better television first, & probably a HD decoder as well

That;s because Chelsea park the bus. If you reverse their teams. Silva won't even been seen.

Anyway, I want to log out now. Hazrd has been in the last two EPL X1 while Silva was missing. Any other opinion apart from that which was comncluded by the professional in the business, is useless.
smiley

Bye guys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro:
Cooagr, those stats you stated is screwed by the fact that Mourinho parks the bus and City plays their forwards high on the pitch.

The professional footballers have spoken.

mourinho was also belgium's manager when even fellaini outplayed hazard in brazil.

professional footballers have spoken? ok - tell us the whoscored ratings between nani & bale in 2010/11. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

this was their stats last season when analysed per minute. hazard is a fraud! the 700 more minutes he played than silva is the reason he's rated higher than silva on whoscored. it means he woulda made more key passes, more accurate passes, more dribbles, more shots than his counterpart that either got subbed too early or wasn't fit to play.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1761193_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
A player in Silva's role will definitely possess similar stats as compared to wingers usually Isolated on the Wing.
So this stats doesn't tell d whole story.
I bet if I add succesful dribbles and runs typically winger stuff Hazard wins hands down.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

no mind elampiro, leg-over still dey make am happy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
finally, Wayne Rooney has become the first UK athlete to have 10million followers on Twitter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

A player in Silva's role will definitely possess similar stats as compared to wingers usually Isolated on the Wing.

hazard isn't an out & out winger.
he's very different to valencia or even nani who hug the touchline. if hazard is a traditional winger, what was he doing at the edge of the box dribbling 3 arsenal players to win a penalty?

silva gets drafted wide & he cuts in like hazard. aguero/dzeko are the top 2 forwards in city. navas on the right, nasri/silva on the left. they all operate in the same way but silva is the better player between the two.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I bet if I add succesful dribbles and runs typically winger stuff Hazard wins hands down.
since when does Hazard hug the white chalk like Valencia?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

mourinho was also belgium's manager when even fellaini outplayed hazard in brazil.

professional footballers have spoken? ok - tell us the whoscored ratings between nani & bale in 2010/11. grin

The difference here is that two seasons were compared between Silva and Hazard by EPL officials and Hazard won. In whoscored three sesons were compared, and Hazard won two.

whoscored and EPL best X1 don't always agree every time. But in the case of Silva and Hazard they corroborated each other 80% on who is the better player. Only once out of three times did whoscored picked Silva over Hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
SailorXY:

no mind elampiro, leg-over still dey make am happy

i dunno why people overrate dribbling....
a through-pass like what cesc supplied last night is more effective than dribbling to me. the reason people dribble is to break the lines & get through - it serves exactly the same purpose as a through-pass.

by elampiro's standard, okocha is better than xavi. grin

elampiro:

The difference here is that two seasons were compared between Silva and Hazard by EPL officials and Hazard won. In whoscored three sesons were compared, and Hazard won two.
whoscored and EPL best X1 don't always agree every time. But in the case of Silva and Hazard they corroborated each other 80% on who is the better player. Only once out of three times did whoscored picked Silva over Hazard.

and i'm telling you whoscored is not accurate when you compare 2 players over a season. last season, hazard played 700 league minutes than silva - whoscored ignore such differential when rating players.

the only time you can bring whoscored as a statistical fact is when you are comparing two players that both completed 90 mins in one game or both completed same number of minutes in a game!!!

what do you think hazard was doing in the 700 minutes difference? picking his nose? is he not expected to have more passes, created more chances, etcetera in 700 minutes that translate to almost 8 full matches??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

he's very different to valencia or even nani who hug the touchline. if hazard is a traditional winger, what was he doing at the edge of the box dribbling 3 arsenal players to win a penalty?

silva gets drafted wide & he cuts in like hazard. aguero/dzeko are the top 2 forwards in city. navas on the right, nasri/silva on the left. they all operate in the same way but silva is the better player between the two.

Who gets into the middle more than Nani? Nani scores most of his goals around the 18 box arc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
@elampiro, between Okocha and Xavi, who will you choose? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro:

Who gets into the middle more than Nani? Nani scores most of his goals around the 18 box arc.

and he's also expected to cover his right back.... so he drifts centrally occasionally and quickly falls back into position.

hazard & silva are free to roam. they have 2 gorillas in the pivot to snuff out any counterattack when both players drift inwards.
nani had more defensive assignment than any of hazard/silva ever mustered in the premier league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

i dunno why people overrate dribbling....
a through-pass like what cesc supplied last night is more effective than dribbling to me. the reason people dribble is to break the lines & get through - it serves exactly the same purpose as a through-pass.

by elampiro's standard, okocha is better than xavi. grin

lol. I don't even rate Okocha so high. I know where I put him. I don't rate many dribblers high- Etim Esin, Denilson, Write Phillips grin, Robinho, But there dribbling even got them where they are otherwise they wouldn't get the rating to come out of their villages.

When 2012/13 season started and I saw Sterling and Hazard, I immediately like them. I have liked Di Maria and Robben for ages. I have never really be a fan of Ribery even though I know he has pace and power.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
Please, I beg to take a leave now.

logout.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro i dey vex 4 u i swear....so if u be Van Gaal them give u Hazard n Silva,u go choose Hazard??

Put Silva in this United team and watch how he unlocks defence n how our strikers will score plenty of goal...Hpe u remember he dsnt loose possession easily n he can draw alot of fouls 4 us.....

Hazard on d hand will draw foul quite alright bt will our strikers be waiting 4 him to dribbling n wastng time?hell NO!

If i be striker and my player too dy dribble dy delay,i fit go beat am i swear..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro:

lol. I don't even rate Okocha so high. I know where I put him. I don't rate many dribblers high- Etim Esin, Denilson, Write Phillips grin, Robinho, But there dribbling even got them where they are otherwise they wouldn't get the rating to come out of their villages.

When 2012/13 season started and I saw Sterling and Hazard, I immediately like them. I have liked Di Maria and Robben for ages. I have never really be a fan of Ribery even though I know he has pace and power.

the point is a through-pass and dribbling are expected to achieve the same thing. break the lines & get through to a striker. through-passes are quicker & can catch defenders unaware. dribbling is predictable & it doesn't go as planned all the time.

through pass >>>>> dribbling....just like.....
interception >>>>>> tackling
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro:

Yes, with all the pleasure. Silva cannot keep the ball. If we have someone to keep the ball like Hazard, o boy we are home. He keeps the ball so firmly and he gives his team mates options to move in in the manner he keeps it. That's is the interesting part of his game. A ball keeper is very key to a team.

This is pure undiluted blasphemy! Did you write that? Silva can't keep the ball? With his skills and low centre of gravity, its a big task to disposes Silva! He runs the game care-freely like he was born to play; he rotates between the hole and the flank.

A one-legged, deaf and color blind Silva will have a place in my team any day!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

True.
But Hazard still put in a decent amount of cross for a player of who isn't your traditional winger.
More than Silva who has Kolarov or clichy to bombed down the left flank.
Azpi hardly ever does this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

True.
But Hazard still put in a decent amount of cross for a player of who isn't your traditional winger.
More than Silva who has Kolarov or clichy to bombed down the left flank.
Azpi hardly ever does this.

both teams play the same system. azpi & ivanovic make plenty of crosses & they bomb forward. fact remains silva is the better player no matter how you look at it.

silva starts wide & cuts in just like hazard does. the difference is hazard loves to show off with dribbling that rarely works & silva is only concerned with unzipping defences with a delicious through-pass.

[img]http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Silva.gif[/img]

silva is god!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

This is pure undiluted blasphemy! Did you write that? Silva can't keep the ball? With his skills and low centre of gravity, its a big task to disposes Silva! He runs the game care-freely like he was born to play; he rotates between the hole and the flank.

A one-legged, deaf and color blind Silva will have a place in my team any day!

Not tue at all.

Silva has been dribbled 20 times by other players this season. Hazard only 4. Hazard even has more play time than Silva.

Dispossed of the ball: Silver 18, ....... Hazard 13. Hazard has more play time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says the Red Devils need to start dominating games more
Van Gaal wants United to start dominating games, which will in turn help improve their defence.
“When you want to be a big team you have to perform like one,
“It’s not just about scoring goals, we get enough of those, it is about dominating the game. To do that you need better defensive organisation, and that is about teamwork. You cannot just blame the defence because proper, organised defending begins with the strikers.
“We have brought in a certain type of player, a lot of creative, attacking talents. Those players not only have to look to making a goal but also consider the rest of the defensive shape and measure the risk of every pass they give.
“It is a process, it will take time, but we are improving, even if we are still losing the ball too easily.”
[Source: Sport Review]

This is what I mean by a player who retains possession for a long time. If we have one who can keep the ball for long like Hazard, it will help us retain the ball for long.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

both teams play the same system. azpi & ivanovic make plenty of crosses & they bomb forward. fact remains silva is the better player no matter how you look at it.

silva starts wide & cuts in just like hazard does. the difference is hazard loves to show off with dribbling that rarely works & silva is only concerned with unzipping defences with a delicious through-pass.

[img]http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Silva.gif[/img]

silva is god!
Azpi hardly crosses any chelsea fan will tell you that,of the two FB Ivanovic is the adventurous one.
I'll to see the stat that disprove that.
So hazard basically does two jobs
For those who wants players like Silva or Silva like player may i remind you we use to have to of them Kagawa and Mata they did fuq all.
We brought in a Player that runs at defenders and dribbles all day see how different we look.
Am tired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Azpi hardly crosses any chelsea fan will tell you that,of the two FB Ivanovic is the adventurous one.
For those who wants players like Silva or Silva like player may i remind you we use to have to of them Kagawa and Mata they did fuq all.
We brought in a Player that runs at defenders and dribbles all day see how different we look.
Am tired.

but mata was the better player at chelsea too. where was hazard when mata was running things at chelsea? why was mata voted their player of the season while hazard was there?

you must know something 50 million chelsea fans worldwide dunno. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Am tired.

That Hazard is a bad guy o. N aonly e waka come? He has 36 succesful dribbles already this season. The next two are Lamela 21, Sterling 20. Silva has only 10. Despite this, Silva get more dispossed than Harzard.

I beg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Am tired.

if na di Maria you dey refer to;
Nani & Young are dribblers, Oga players get level.
Silva is better than Kagawa & Mata. how pacy is Fabregas to have all that influence in Chelsea or Mata to be named Chelshit player of the season ahead of Hazard
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
SailorXY:

if na di Maria you dey refer to;
Nani & Young are dribblers, Oga players get level.
Silva is better than Kagawa & Mata. how pacy is Fabregas to have all that influence in Chelsea or Mata to be named Chelshit player of the season ahead of Hazard

Can Nani and Young still dribble? Particularly Young. Hazard is doing almost 6 successful dribbling per match in the EPL of all league. He hardly gives the ball away despite keeping it for a long time while waiting for his team mates to arrive. That kind of player is very important. May be we know why Madrid want to buy him.

Can anyone beat this? Hazard who dribbles most in a match and keep the ball longest in his feet has only got dispossed 4 times this season. That sums it all up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
elampiro:

Can Nani and Young still dribble? Particularly Young. Hazard is doing almost 6 successful dribbling per match in the EPL of all league. He hardly gives the ball away despite keeping it for a long time while waiting for his team mates to arrive. That kind of player is very important. May be we know why Madrid want to buy him.

when are you going to confess that hazard has no through ball(through pass) this season? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
coogar:

when are you going to confess that hazard has no through ball(through pass) this season? grin

He is a winger.

Did he not make some last season and the previous?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.