Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723474 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Two to three years You're to optimistic
Falcao won't sign anything less than a 5yrs deal on his 200k + salary.
We probably end up in another RVP situation.

So who would you rather have in his place considering our dire need to dig ourselves out of the pit?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
elampiro:

So who would you rather have in his place considering our dire need to dig ourselves out of the pit?
I reckon Rooney and Rvp can get the job done.
I'd rather we spent the money on our defence
I still think his a good buy but not for that price.
Anyhow all this news is still too soon let see how the loan deal works.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
FALCAO OUT OF MANCHESTER DERBY. WTF!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2014
suxxman:
Which one this Falcao nor dey sef?

Meanwhile Silva out for three weeks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
LvG on player fitness : "Falcao is still injured. Rooney was never injured. He shall play, he is my captain. I think [Antonio]Valencia is fit again to play."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
I think Rooney and Valencia In, Mata and Januzaj Out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
suxxman:
what?source?if na joke make you stop am o,dat guy must play on sunday o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
StarBoard:

Which one this Falcao nor dey sef?

Meanwhile Silva out for three weeks
no mind falcao,him just dey do ajebo for us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I reckon Rooney and Rvp can get the job done.
I'd rather we spent the money on our defence
I still think his a good buy but not for that price.
Anyhow all this news is still too soon let see how the loan deal works.

I get you but it's better we are the team having Falcao than allowing him to go boost other big clubs. The defence will be sorted out latest next summer. The guys at the back might just strike a balance before then.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
31/10/2014 16:00, Report by Adam Marshall

Rooney to play but Falcao ruled out

Wayne Rooney will lead Manchester United into derby combat against neighbours City on Sunday but Radamel Falcao has been ruled out through injury.

Louis van Gaal addressed the press on Friday to provide the team news ahead of the Etihad Stadium encounter and laughed off erroneous reports suggesting Rooney was a doubt with a foot problem. The captain returns from a three-match ban but Falcao remains sidelined after missing last week's draw with Chelsea.

Antonio Valencia is available again while Marouane Fellaini has a strong case for retaining his place in midfield after displaying excellent form of late.

"Rooney was not injured," asserted van Gaal. "The media was writing that but he was never injured. Maybe his shoes were too tight, that is possible, but he was never injured.

"He shall play, he is my captain. That is all I can say to you. Falcao is still injured. I have heard that he [Rooney] has scored a lot of goals against City, the most of any player. I said it to him to stimulate him but he doesn't need that. I am very happy that he can play again and he shall play."

Meanwhile, Fellaini will hope to be involved following his efforts against Chelsea when his header led to Robin van Persie's dramatic equaliser.

"He had a great contribution and also provided the assist for the goal," added the boss. "He did it [made a contribution] several times. He had a lot of time injured but, when he was fit, I have played him. He has to continue with that because then I am very pleased."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Oct/louis-van-gaal-previews-manchester-derby-rooney-fit-falcao-out.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
IYANGBALI:
no mind falcao,him just dey do ajebo for us
I would have thought one reason we signed him (and plan on making his move permanent) was to instill the fear of whatever in opponents. He's already missed 2 big league games for us.
it is actually quite shocking that he hasnt played vs Chelsea and now City.
This injury thing sef. Who will be next to succumb?

I think people are leaving out Valencia in the middle for the City game in the few line ups im seeing.
Fellas, what do you think?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
Valencia for januzaj
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:56am On Nov 01, 2014
JayKayMaybachz:

Elampiro in disguise grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:30am On Nov 01, 2014
Leyqute:

Elampiro in disguise grin

Lol.

Rooney has some great and significant goals at Etihad. It will be nice to see him score there tomorrow for a victory, I don't need a consolation goal. He has about 6 goals there in the last 4 years or less.

* 2011: a killer bicycle kick in a February league game.
* 2011/12 FA cup. 2 goals when he played the false 9. The first from a powerful header from Val's cross.
* 2012/13 League 2 goals from the hole in our 3-2 win at Etihad
* 2013/14 a consolation free kick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2014
..................................de gea...........................

.....rafael..........smalling.........rojo..........shaw.....

..................fellaini..................blind.................

..........herrera........rooney...........di maria........

.................................RVP..................................

bench: blackett,carrick,valencia,mata,adnan,wilson
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:11am On Nov 01, 2014
elampiro:

I get you but it's better we are the team having Falcao than allowing him to go boost other big clubs. The defence will be sorted out latest next summer. The guys at the back might just strike a balance before then.

How many clubs out there are willing to pay such a ridiculous amount for a 38 28 year old who has been off form for the past 15months? From all indications, falcao may never be the player he once was, so why should we be the mugus to offer him a permanent escape route with such transfer fees and astronomical wages?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2014
The jury is still out on Falcao. When you combine age controversy with ACL injury that is a very bad mix......Hargreaves should have made the decision makers more circumspect.

P.S You can't go round buying players just to keep others from buying them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2014
afrodoc2:

Exactly, but the thought of aguero running at rojo/Smalling is giving me nightmares. embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:18am On Nov 01, 2014
afrodoc2:

Is jones injured again ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:24am On Nov 01, 2014
Dadehmola:

How many clubs out there are willing to pay such a ridiculous amount for a 38 28 year old who has been off form for the past 15months? From all indications, falcao may never be the player he once was, so why should we be the mugus to offer him a permanent escape route with such transfer fees and astronomical wages?

I know he has missed many chances, but you also have to credit him with his movements and positioning which earned him the chances the first place. A bit more of composure and luck with the final ball, he will score goals.

Remember, he has 1 goal and 2 assists. It's just the beginning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Dadehmola:

Exactly, but the thought of aguero running at rojo/Smalling is giving me nightmares. embarassed
The best way i think is to isolate and deny him the ball. Blind should mind his defensive duty more and help them against him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2014
Dadehmola:

Hopefully Blind and Fellaini will be able to clog up the front of the 18yard box and stop Aguero or Yaya from running at our CBs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2014
afrodoc2:
The jury is still out on Falcao. When you combine age controversy with ACL injury that is a very bad mix......Hargreaves should have made the decision makers more circumspect.

P.S You can't go round buying players just to keep others from buying them

It's the way you have chosen to see it. Gaal did well to have bought him. There is risk in everything.

A team bought Torres, Crespo, Chevcheko (is dat d spelling). Another just bought Luiz for 50m.

Consider how many players have gone through City in the last few years. The likes of Robinho, Adebayo, etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2014
elampiro:

It's the way you have chosen to see it. Gaal did well to have bought him. There is risk in everything.
A team bought Torres, Crespo, Chevcheko (is dat d spelling). Another just bought Luiz for 50m.
Consider how many players have gone through City in the last few years. The likes of Robinho, Adebayo, etc

That is not the spelling.
It does not mean that because someone is wasting money you should also join.....i just hope that Falcao works out.
We should just be more cautious when buying injured or injury prone players, we have enough sicklers already in our squad.
That is why when one hears Vidal,Strootman,Gundogan,Hummels one should temper the excitement with some caution
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:39am On Nov 01, 2014
elampiro:

I know he has missed many chances, but you also have to credit him with his movements and positioning which earn him the chances the first place. A bit more of composure and luck with the final ball, he will score goals.

Remember, he has 1 goal and 2 assists. It's just the beginning.

The transfer fee/ wage bill is the issue here. If Monaco are willing to collect 20-25m with the player ready to accept a pay cut to the tune of 150k-160k per week, why not?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Is jones injured again ?

I know for Jones? He is about to join the list of footballers that are also doctors: Socrates,RoSICKy,Kieron Dyer and of course the Senior Consultant Dr Vassiriki Abou Diaby

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhellake: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2014
afrodoc2:

I know for Jones? He is about to join the list of footballers that are also doctors: Socrates,RoSICKy,Kieron Dyer and of course the Senior Consultant Dr Vassiriki Abou Diaby
And high chief Dean Ashton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:57am On Nov 01, 2014
Dhellake:
And high chief Dean Ashton

yeh i forgot the Dean of the Faculty. That one can rupture his Achilles just by trying to put on his boot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 9:10am On Nov 01, 2014
elampiro:

Falcao has been very good so far, above average the way I see him play. He has been better than van Persie whenever they are on the pitch together. He scored only one goal thus far but he has been very much involved in overall team contributions. I don't know how the players salaries should concern the fans. There is a regulatory body within the institution that mind the business, and what we fans should care about is 101% commitment from our playing staff.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:11am On Nov 01, 2014
make una no kill me with Laugh abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 9:12am On Nov 01, 2014
3 or 4team currently above united will drop point

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.