Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8731350 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
coogar: mata is still a better number-10 than rooney. that comment is still valid till today. time might have flown but i still want mata in the hole if we can get 2 gorillas in the pivot!

Are you now towing Ibime's Men of Steel line? grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
nitlad:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nihilist:

Mourinho, Moyes, and now LVG disagree.

It would seem that even a few of the guys hailing Mata on this thread sef no longer want him near the 1st team given the number of 'Fellaini in the Hole' posts we've seen recently....

moyes disagreed and he bought mata? grin cheesy
it seems you are high on shekpe! no one disagrees with mata, it's just that rooney's wages is too outrageous to have him on the bench.....his wages is even too outrageous to sell him to another club, who would pay him £300k/week?

fellaini in the hole is for big games especially away from home where we would need to be more physical. if people are clamouring for fellaini to be in the hole like you said, it also simply means they don't trust rooney there either. grin

nitlad:

what's men of steel?
you need physical players in the midfield - that's what this league demands. nimble feet players get no protection from the referees in the premier league. however, mata at the tip of a double-pivot would work wonders.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Rooney backs Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney believes Cristiano Ronaldo is rightly the favourite to win the Ballon d'Or award because he has usurped Lionel Messi as the best player in the world.

The Reds skipper has seen his former team-mate play a key role as Real Madrid won the Champions League and he was instrumental in ensuring Portugal qualified for the World Cup finals with a virtuoso display in the play-off against Sweden.

Ronaldo maintained his superb run of form by helping the European champions defeat Liverpool 1-0 at the Bernabeu on Tuesday after scoring in the first match at Anfield.

When asked by MUTV if he felt Ronaldo would retain the trophy, Rooney replied: "I think so. He’s had an incredible two or three years and I think he has certainly overtaken Lionel Messi now as the best player in the world. I’m sure it’ll be difficult to give it to anyone else."

MUFC website.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Tottenham can be crazy. At this time last season, Adebayo's career was over.

Paulinho thats already commanding is now a benchwarmer at Spurs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:
Rooney backs Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney believes Cristiano Ronaldo is rightly the favourite to win the Ballon d'Or award because he has usurped Lionel Messi as the best player in the world.

The Reds skipper has seen his former team-mate play a key role as Real Madrid won the Champions League and he was instrumental in ensuring Portugal qualified for the World Cup finals with a virtuoso display in the play-off against Sweden.

Ronaldo maintained his superb run of form by helping the European champions defeat Liverpool 1-0 at the Bernabeu on Tuesday after scoring in the first match at Anfield.

When asked by MUTV if he felt Ronaldo would retain the trophy, Rooney replied: "I think so. He’s had an incredible two or three years and I think he has certainly overtaken Lionel Messi now as the best player in the world. I’m sure it’ll be difficult to give it to anyone else."

MUFC website.
It's so obvious that Ronaldo is now greater than man utd. Almost 5 years after moving on, man utd fans still lick his azz. Are Tevez and Pogba not doing well where they are?

Keep sucking his balls while the guy keeps getting better off without man utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
Debroslink:

It's so obvious that Ronaldo is now greater than man utd. Almost 5 years after moving on, man utd fans still lick his azz. Are Tevez and Pogba not doing well where they are?

Keep sucking his balls while the guy keeps getting better off without man utd.
Elampiro post all important football stuff on this thread
You can think of more creative way to attack Man utd since it open season now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Elampiro post all important football stuff on this thread
You can think of more creative way to attack Man utd since it open season now.

Didn't mean to attack man utd. But you know, the truth hurts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
coogar:

mata is still a better number-10 than rooney. that comment is still valid till today. time might have flown but i still want mata in the hole if we can get 2 gorillas in the pivot!

Have come to the conclusion that we just don't need a playmaker in the traditional sense at Man utd. Kagawa didn't do much here we ,Mata will probably be sold come January even Anderson who was a natural CAM was unsuccessfully converted to a CM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

You will be surprised that people will still argue with you... grin tongue grin

Man City own na e worse pass! shocked

See musa n co dey school Man city 4 Etihad... grin shocked grin

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Inexperience worrying Man City in Europe. They grossly underrate small teams and play nervously against big teams.

They are a good side but they don't know in Europe you have to put in extra work. They know nothing about resting players or team rotation ahead of crucial games. Common Capital 1 cup they played full strength team. In 2010, Ferguson even without Rooney for the match had to rest Nani and Carrick against Chelsea with Bayern Munich in sight.

Are you talking about experienced Man City players or an experienced coach as Manuel Pellegrini? undecided --- More than 85% of them played @ this level in their previous clubs while Pellegrini had experiences with Malaga, Real Madrid & Villarreal... angry

Please, for once let's be honest here! tongue It won't harm you to be! lipsrsealed

EPL Teams are disappointing & it also balls down to the simple pattern of football played in the "So-called Best League"... tongue grin

Best in ******* grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Karleb:

grin grin

Imagine musa & Seydou Doumbia dey nac Man City 4 their backyard... grin grin grin

That red wey yaya chop was unnecessary, maybe yellow but Man City is a disgrace to Modern day football, tongue grin na only Chelsea dey form Rambo... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

Imagine musa & Seydou Doumbia dey nac Man City 4 their backyard... grin grin grin

That red wey yaya chop was unnecessary, maybe yellow but Man City is a disgrace to Modern day football, tongue grin na only Chelsea dey form Rambo... grin
yaya asked for the red card and he got,he behaved like a tout to get it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Leyqute:
Is a wah...if LvG wins the next 6 games convincinly, the fear factor will return
I pray so o,so that I can start wearing our jersey proudly in my area again,I can't remember when last I wore it,no thanks to our boys
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
igbsam:

Brotherly, abeg no vex o. I wan ask u this question. Why is it that when you say one thing this very minute, u contradict yourself by saying another thing the next minute just to prove what you are saying ? Abeg, your brain dey skip like DJ Neptune Equipment ? No offense o, na question i ask, how you take it is left to you. If you like yab me, well........e no go pain me cos the next minute u fit praize me.
ahahahahahhaahahaha grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

Are you talking about experienced Man City players or an experienced coach as Manuel Pellegrini? undecided --- More than 85% of them played @ this level in their previous clubs while Pellegrini had experiences with Malaga, Real Madrid & Villarreal... angry

Pellergrini is new in EPL. Macini would have by now known how much the league is tough, pacing and physical. You can afford to play every day in Burndisleaguedown and Laliga and still post a good UCL outing. But not EPL. If you saw the game you would know City were battle fatigued from the Manchester derby. They were secodn to 50-50 balls.

coded01:

Please, for once let's be honest here! tongue It won't harm you to be! lipsrsealed

EPL Teams are disappointing & it also balls down to the simple pattern of football played in the "So-called Best League"... tongue grin

Best in ******* grin grin grin

EPL teams get robbed every time. City were robbed last night. It was so obvious. Despite their poor play, they actually lost to the referee.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
raumdeuter:

Paulinho thats already commanding is now a benchwarmer at Spurs

You must be new to football.

Kagawa was already commanding but got relegated to bench role in Man United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Daley Blind lead the stat for number accurate pass in the team
he has 407accurate pass out of 454 total pass,101 forward pass,557touches,7appearance havin played 630minutes

next is Rojo 386 accurate passes in 448pass,205forward,570touches,7appearance and 596min played

Blackett 316,359passes 151fwrd 424touches 6games 462min

Mata 301,328pass 55fward 398touch 8games 577min

Dimaria 287,364passes 112fwd 597touches 8games 663min

Rooney 286,349pass 53forward 462touch 7games 599min

Rafael 262,305pass 111forward 486touch 6games 517mins

Herrera 254,287passes 78fward 359touches 5games 366mins

Val 216,249passes 56fward 379touch 6games 388mins

smalling 214,238passes 58fwrd 296touch 5games 323mins

jones 204,229passes 58forward 312touches 4games 360mins

shaw 154,183passes 56forward 304passes 5games 431mins

Van persie 148,174passes 30forward 281touches 9games 758mins

Adnan 104,126passes 34fward 220touch 8games 345min
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Pellergrini is new in EPL. Macini would have by now known how much the league is tough, pacing and physical. You can afford to play every day in Burndisleaguedown and Laliga and still post a good UCL outing. But not EPL. If you saw the game you would know City were battle fatigued from the Manchester derby. They were secodn to 50-50 balls.

Bayern played Dortmund last Saturday in their biggest game of the season yet both teams are not complaining of fatique, they won

Its City that played against 10 men for over 1hr that is fatigued? What a ridiculous excuse

Barcelona lost last weekend to Celta and gave their all till the last minute they didnt complain of fatigue, Its Arsenal who had a stroll vs Burnley or Chelsea who played one of the worst EPL teams that is fatgued.

WHat a ridiculous excuse.

Pellegrini is new in EPL? yet he won it at first attempt

Roger Schmidt, Luis Enrique, Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola, Rudi Garcia have they spent more time at their jobs than Pellegrini?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
raumdeuter:

Bayern played Dortmund last Saturday in their biggest game of the season yet both teams are not complaining of fatique, they won

Its City that played against 10 men for over 1hr that is fatigued? What a ridiculous excuse

Barcelona lost last weekend to Celta and gave their all till the last minute they didnt complain of fatigue, Its Arsenal who had a stroll vs Burnley or Chelsea who played one of the worst EPL teams that is fatgued.

WHat a ridiculous excuse.

Pellegrini is new in EPL? yet he won it at first attempt

Roger Schmidt, Luis Enrique, Carlo Ancelotti, Pep Guardiola, Rudi Garcia have they spent more time at their jobs than Pellegrini?

Bayern has been playing against ants and cockroaches before they met Dortmund.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Bayern has been playing against ants and cockroaches before they met Dortmund.

And who have City and Chelsea been playing against?

Bayern have lost more points in their league than in the CL

Dortmund have lost more points in the league than in the CL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Really? Fatigue is your excuse? undecided So teams in other leagues are busy playing PlayStation or what? angry grin

Honestly, i don't expect you to change over this now, so it still the same elampiro that believes he must argue always... tongue grin

elampiro:

EPL teams get robbed every time. City were robbed last night. It was so obvious. Despite their poor play, they actually lost tot the referee.

Haba!!! angry

I am not surprised that you are bias but would be if you were honest... wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
raumdeuter:

And who have City and Chelsea been playing against?

Bayern have lost more points in their league than in the CL

Dortmund have lost more points in the league than in the CL

Bayern knows they can afford to relax because the whole world knows how the league will end. The news is not Bayern winning the league but when they lost it. So they can afford to conserve energy for the UCL.

Dortmund is also not putting commensurate effort to the league. So they have extra power to play the UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by barackohandso(m): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Oh my days. This is funny I swear grin
Some people just love being clowns
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

Really? Fatigue is your excuse? undecided So teams in other leagues are busy playing PlayStation or what? angry grin

Honestly, i don't expect you to change over this now, so it still the same elampiro that believes he must argue always... tongue grin

Other league are shytes.

coded01:

Haba!!! angry

I am not surprised that you are bias but would be if you were honest... wink

Why didn't the ref send off CSK player for an obvious second bookable offence? It was 11 vs 10 and the player kept pulling Aguero shirt all the way until he pulled him down from entering the 18 box. The ref went to give another player a yellow card. Ridiculous!

Aguero won a last minute penalty. The first time he dived, but the second was a clear penalty. He was pushed off the ball in the very last move of the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Bayern knows they can afford to relax because the whole world knows how the league will end. The news is not Bayern winning the league but when they lost it. So they can afford to conserve energy for the UCL.

Dortmund is also not putting commensurate effort to the league. So they have extra power to play the UCL.

Smh... grin grin grin

What energy is Man Utd conserving that makes them sitting on the 10th position? grin

Abi no be Man Utd? 13 points in 10 games! shocked

Elampiro leave story jor!!! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
barackohandso:

Oh my days. This is funny I swear grin
Some people just love being clowns

Did you watch the game?

Those guys were very tired. And they were robbed too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

Other league are shytes.

Why didn't the ref send off CSK player for an obvious second bookable offence? It was 11 vs 10 and the player kept pulling Aguero shirt all the way until he pulled him down from entering the 18 box. The ref went to give another player a yellow card. Ridiculous!

Aguero won a last minute penalty. The first time he dived, but the second was a clear penalty. He was pushed off the ball in the very last move of the game.

Obviously, you are elampiro! grin

Other league are ****** but yet they have won more UCL trophies than " so-called best league" --- you no see coogar jejely no wan talk but dey look u... grin

Aguero didn't say a word after getting booked but you come here to defend him only if you could do the same last week when una chop am... tongue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

Smh... grin grin grin

What energy is Man Utd conserving that makes them sitting on the 10th position? grin

Abi no be Man Utd? 13 points in 10 games! shocked

Elampiro leave story jor!!! tongue

We wouldnt be 10th if Ashley Young had not been robbed of obvious penalties. We dropped points in 4 matches due to poor officiating. That's about 7-8 points lost. We should be on 21 points now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

Other league are ****** but yet they have won more UCL trophies than " so-called best league" --- you no see coogar jejely no wan talk but dey look u... grin

Aguero didn't say a word after getting booked but you come here to defend him only if you could do the same last week when una chop am... tongue grin

Now I know you didnt see the match.

Aguero was booked the first time which was rightly a dive. The second was a penalty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
elampiro:

We wouldnt be 10th if Ashley Young had not been robbed of obvious penalties. We dropped points in 4 matches due to poor officiating. That's about 7-8 points lost. We should be on 21 points now.

Honestly, elampiro you no shame ni? angry grin

See excuses oh! shocked

Man Utd needs Spiritual Help! cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
coded01:

la liga is the only league better than EPL at this moment. i decided to keep mum about the debate cos it has been over-flogged.

chop what?
is it unexpected for city to win on their home ground after playing against 10 men for more than 60 mins?

are you sure a centipede didn't crawled up your rectum or why are you spewing nonsense this beautiful evening?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) (1191) (1192) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.