Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8722466 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
Arsenal is a disgrace to modern day football... tongue grin

They should be banned from UEFA Champions League with immediate effect... grin grin grin --- Over to Man Utd... grin grin grin

Been disappointing since Emirate stadium was opened, Imagine leading 3-0 only to draw 3-3 to An-der-lecht... shocked grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 12:40am On Nov 05, 2014
coded01:
Arsenal is a disgrace to modern day football... tongue grin

They should be banned from UEFA Champions League with immediate effect... grin grin grin --- Over to Man Utd... grin grin grin

Been disappointing since Emirate stadium was opened, Imagine leading 3-0 only to draw 3-3 to An-der-lecht... shocked grin
Imagine leading 2-0 only to lose 5-3 to Leicester. Shior.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 12:44am On Nov 05, 2014
Keky:
Imagine leading 2-0 only to lose 5-3 to Leicester. Shior.

Na their master be that na! grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:12am On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

you make sense, bro.
fellaini can create chances with his knock downs. when opponents press our defenders and we often struggle to play from the back, de gea can go straight to fellaini & you can expect the big man to use his chest to trap the ball.

it means you have a player that can create chances and can also get his hands dirty to help the team. fellaini is the business as long as he is playing close to the striker. he's a thorn in the flesh of defenders & he's tackled more than any player in the squad so far.

[img]http://164.177.157.12/img/blog/2014%2f11%2funnamed.jpg[/img]
Even though am a Fellani supporter its just two games, we're too fickle as a fan base the Smalling we're cursing up and down did well against chelshit.
The type of play you described above should be our last resort when others have failed.
I'll start Rooney and mata in that position before Fellani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

that's how to tell the people who have actually watched the premier league for years & those who started in 2013.

hull, blackpool, swansea have had similar runs in the past only to slip into mediocrity. southampton? serious challengers? osuofiason has a better chance shaggïng beyonce.

PietroRico:
Lol
grin someone just called koeman and his team serious title challengers grin grin grin
My belle oo

Just yesterday I asserted that Manyoo fans knows how to do a great disservice to objectivity, here again, I'm being proven right.

What do you call a team that has managed to rack up 10 wins in their last 11 games, are sitting firmly in second place, are sharing same goal difference with the league leaders and are only 4points adrift of the league leaders?

Relegation candidates?

They've mounted a serious title challenge and deserves to be branded title chasers, until they stop doing so.

Whether they're going to get leapfrogged by another team in the not-too-distant future is a debate for another day, whether they're going to take foot off the gas is still a debate for another day, the fact is that at the moment, they're vying for the title.

I wonder how you lot think here, it's quite embarassing.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:34am On Nov 05, 2014
joeace2020:

maybe you were not watching the premier league in 1995

Blackburn? i dont know them
I don't get you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:36am On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

that's how to tell the people who have actually watched the premier league for years & those who started in 2013.

hull, blackpool, swansea have had similar runs in the past only to slip into mediocrity. southampton? serious challengers? osuofiason has a better chance shaggïng beyonce.
he is a m0r0n.
There's not a single doubt that
I stopped reading whatever gibberish he had tto write At that point tbh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:39am On Nov 05, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Just yesterday I asserted that Manyoo fans knows how to do a great disservice to objectivity, here again, I'm being proven right.

What do you call a team that has managed to rack up 10 wins in their last 11 games, are sitting firmly in second place, are sharing same goal difference with the league leaders and are only 4points adrift of the league leaders?

Relegation candidates?

They've mounted a serious title challenge and deserves to be branded title chasers, until they stop doing so.

Whether they're going to get leapfrogged by another team in the not-too-distant future is a debate for another day, whether they're going to take foot off the gas is still a debate for another day, the fact is that at the moment, they're vying for the title.

I wonder how you lot think here, it's quite embarassing.
grin grin
My goodneSs grin

The dumbfuck kEeps making a foool of himself grin

Is the league won after 10-15 games?

Do people call league races marathons for nothing?

Anyway keep trying to defend the dumb statement.
You are providing me with quality comedy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Even though am a Fellani supporter its just two games, we're too fickle as a fan base the Smalling we're cursing up and down did well against chelshit.
The type of play you described above should be our last resort when others have failed.
if you actually saw the game with your magnified lenses, then you'ld surely have noticed that Fellaini's contributions were not about knockdowns & ariel duels! in fact, check his pass successes/ball touches in opposition half against Chelshit & City. the pressing from the front ensures opponents have no time to think when in possession of the ball in their own half. Fellaini has his best games as the most advanced midfielder, & he's the inform lad, its only logical he gets the nod & help his confidence as well!

Mata no longer makes the first 11, i like his intelligence & i must say he was impressive against the rent boys, but he's played himself out of it. van Persie is also trying to tow same route now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2014
PietroRico:
grin grin
My goodneSs grin

You're the most useless son of a whöre this forum has ever produced.

If you ever run those derogatory words at me, I would make sure you hate your sorry self today.

Are you all Manyoo fans this deluded?

At the early stages of last season, Arsenal were on top of the league. Everyone was of the opinion that they've finally gotten it right and this was their season, they were in good form and were regarded as title chasers based on their form then. We all know how the story ended, they were dispatched from the top and left tussling it out for the fourth spot.

Southampton have mounted a serious title challenge so far and just like Arsenal of last season, they could falter and get dispatched, but until that happens, give them the credit they deserve.

And who said the league is won after 10-15 games? Which of my assertions supports such deluded lame line?

And next time, learn to read through the lines before quoting me,

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2014
PietroRico:
grin grin
My goodneSs grin

that guy says a lot nonsense, its clearly insanity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2014
AirborneLacer:

If you ever run those derogatory words at me, I would make sure you hate your sorry self today.

At the early stages of last season, Arsenal were on top of the league. Everyone was of the opinion that they've finally gotten it right and this was their season, they were in good form and were regarded as title chasers based on their form then. We all know how the story ended, they were dispatched from the top and left tussling it out for the fourth spot.

Southampton have mounted a serious title challenge so far and just like Arsenal of last season, they could falter and get dispatched, but until that happens, give them the credit they deserve.

And who said the league is won after 10-15 games? Which of my assertions supports such deluded lame line?

grin the M0r0n is keeping the comedy up.
Nice one grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2014
SailorXY:

that guy says a lot nonsense, its clearly insanity.
the consistency with which he keeps churning out the rubbish is astonishing.

The funniest part of the whole issue is that he uses them to feel smart grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2014
SailorXY:

if you actually saw the game with your magnified lenses, then you'ld surely have noticed that Fellaini's contributions were not about knockdowns & ariel duels! in fact, check his pass successes/ball touches in opposition half against Chelshit & City. the pressing from the front ensures opponents have no time to think when in possession of the ball in their own half. Fellaini has his best games as the most advanced midfielder, & he's the inform lad, its only logical he gets the nod & help his confidence as well!

Mata no longer makes the first 11, i like his intelligence & i must say he was impressive against the rent boys, but he's played himself out of it. van Persie is also trying to tow same route now.
Fellani should stay in the Pivot, with more freedom to move forward in a diamond formation with rooney and Herrera back I don't see how he gets to starts over this two. I agree Mata has played himself out of rotation.
You should've noticed the Improvement in RVP's game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 9:06am On Nov 05, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Brotherly, abeg no vex o. I wan ask u this question. Why is it that when you say one thing this very minute, u contradict yourself by saying another thing the next minute just to prove what you are saying ? Abeg, your brain dey skip like DJ Neptune Equipment ? No offense o, na question i ask, how you take it is left to you. If you like yab me, well........e no go pain me cos the next minute u fit praize me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2014
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2014
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Fellani should stay in the Pivot, with more freedom to move forward in a diamond formation with rooney and Herrera back I don't see how he gets to starts over this two. I agree Mata has played himself out of rotation.
You should've noticed the Improvement in RVP's game.
I feel playing him in the pivot leaves Blind with an awful lot to do shielding the back 4! his physicality is needed now & he can still retain his marauding license from the tip of the pivot.

if you are to put out your best team from our current crop of players, who will you use & what formation?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:33am On Nov 05, 2014
Anderson tho, na was oo. he should be paid off & retired! e be like say he no dey even put in any effort @ all, some guys just get luck for this world sha cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2014
SailorXY:
Anderson tho, na was oo. he should be paid off & retired! e be like say he no dey even put in any effort @ all, some guys just get luck for this world sha cheesy

Anderson ia just too lazy to play football. I wonder what he is still doing at united.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:14am On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

he excelled in 2 games and you still don't want him to play where he's excelled & he's given us strength? let van persie + falcao + rooney fight for the 2 attacking spots. fergie never even used yorke + cole + sheringham + solksjaer at the same time....2 of them sit on the bench & 2 of them play.

fellaini should be in the hole - he's played himself back into the team. blind & carrick are the pivot men. marouane is too clumsy to play there, he would give fouls away in that position and it's too close to our danger area. let him give his fouls away far from our box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

he excelled in 2 games and you still don't want him to play where he's excelled & he's given us strength? let van persie + falcao + rooney fight for the 2 attacking spots. fergie never even used yorke + cole + sheringham + solksjaer at the same time....2 of them sit on the bench & 2 of them play.

fellaini should be in the hole - he's played himself back into the team. blind & carrick are the pivot men. marouane is too clumsy to play there, he would give fouls away in that position and it's too close to our danger area. let him give his fouls away far from our box.
He played in the pivot position against Chelsea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

He played in the pivot position against Chelsea.

he didn't - blind did.
fellaini played as an inside left in a 4-1-4-1 formation. daley blind was the anchor man - fellaini was further forward to mòlest fabregas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

he didn't - blind did.
fellaini played as an inside left in a 4-1-4-1 formation. daley blind was the anchor man - fellaini was further forward to mòlest fabregas.
I meant to say against City
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

I meant to say against City

we used exactly the same formation against city. rooney only replaced mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
PietroRico:
I don't get you

Blackburn won the league in 1995, do not write off Southampton
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
AirborneLacer:

What do you call a team that has managed to rack up 10 wins in their last 11 games , are sitting firmly in second place, are sharing same goal difference with the league leaders and are only 4points adrift of the league leaders?

Relegation candidates?

They've mounted a serious title challenge

Ha bros you dey lie. SHampton might be "sitting firmly in second place" like you say but they know where they belong. wait till end of December before you say anything..injury, form, fitness etc always affect teams during the course of a season.

na wa for you o. Southampton? This isn't 2002. Europe maybe but title challenge? Gbagbe e
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Smalling did well because the ref over-looked all the penalties. most of nigerian fans don't read news on international sites to know what ppl are saying. please read news on BBC.COM, dailymail.co.uk/sports and other international news media. u need to talk football like someone watching premier league not a trader who listens to other traders talk.

abeg, what time is man u playing today? i hear say they will play akwa united in the champions league. na true?

van gaal is a realistic coach and he calls a spade a spade unlike that ranting old fergie that made all these average players think they know the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

we used exactly the same formation against city. rooney only replaced mata.
Am wrong then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
1025:

Smalling did well because the ref over-looked all the penalties. most of nigerian fans don't read news on international sites to know what ppl are saying. please read news on BBC.COM, dailymail.co.uk/sports and other international news media. u need to talk football like someone watching premier league not a trader who listens to other traders talk.

abeg, what time is man u playing today? i hear say they will play akwa united in the champions league. na true?

van gaal is a realistic coach and he calls a spade a spade unlike that ranting old fergie that made all these average players think they know the game.
Operative word is "he did well" any other story is not important.
I guess the difference between Us is am able to make reasonable deduction from what I see on screen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
SIRcumalot:

Am wrong then.

you are not wrong...
van gaal's 4-1-4-1 is giving blind too much job to do in that middle. i hope carrick is back to form to partner blind in the next game. i have been very impressed with daley blind.....he's a quality player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
coogar:

you are not wrong...
van gaal's 4-1-4-1 is giving blind too much job to do in that middle. i hope carrick is back to form to partner blind in the next game. i have been very impressed with daley blind.....he's a quality player.

Gaal has so much to decide. Playing Carrick leaves out some other good players. Carrick will make Herrera and Fellaini out of the team completely.

Or what do you think?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.