Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,095 members, 7,849,424 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8833626 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14168) (14169) (14170) (14171) (14172) (14173) (14174) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:11pm On May 15
Leyqute:
Ollie Watkins.

Good or bad business?
Good business, unless he cost more than 50m

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:18pm On May 15
CrystalTiger:

Very good business but ETH system is not for strikers..

How do you mean bro? You have to elaborate here.

That aside, I think Ollie could do an Andy Cole. He can play with anybody along our frontline. At the same time, we can place Hojlund on the bench more so he can learn his craft better.

These days all he seems to be doing on the pitch is dueling with opposition defenders. It’s as if that’s the only thing he knows how to do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:21pm On May 15
MRTA7:

From a man utd perspective, Good player but very expensive.
From Villa or Watkins. I think it would be a bad idea. Villa will be in the CL and we don't know if this man utd recovery project will work or how long it will take.

I see your point and I mostly agree with it. Watkins signed a new deal last year (expires 2028) so prying him away won’t be easy. It will also be potentially expensive.

That alone is enough to turn 180 degree from any deal. But outside those conditions, he’d be a decent addition to the team.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:23pm On May 15
ChristineC:

Malacia as well. I'm not sure if he has been sold or something. I don't think I saw his face at all this season.
every cadre of the club look to be winning something this season. maybe the main team can borrow a leaf cheesy

The first team will catch the bug next season insha Allah grin

Only the U21s and the senior team had a bad season. Maybe they shouldn’t have canceled that end of season awards party. They only should ban the first team from attending it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:24pm On May 15
TrebleChamp:
Good business, but most come cheap. He is not your normal 30 League goal a season skriker, but he sabi worry defenders (something Rasmus need to learn asap)..

My exact thoughts.

If Utd is serious about him, I’m certain he won’t hesitate to come. The only issue would be the fee Villa would demand, and that could shape his performance at Utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:26pm On May 15
Mrviktor:

Not playing regularly but they are out players.

U can't release 10 players and buy just 1.

How would the squad train.
See our bench vs arsenal

I’m not saying we should release 10 players and buy 1.

I’m saying we need to buy at least 5 new players EVEN IF we don’t release those 10 players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:28pm On May 15
afrodoc2:

He is English, has 4 yrs left on his contract and would be leaving a champions League side for one not in the UCL. He won’t come cheap with either fee or salary.

Champions league side for how long?

Newcastle did it last season but they’ve bottomed out.

I don’t see Villa qualifying for UCL next season. They might nick a spot in Europe though. Maintaining that top position is difficult.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:30pm On May 15
eph12:

Greeny as in Greenwood? How much can we make from the sale of Greenwood? 20m? He is already a player the club said they do not want, so we will be lucky to get anything above that.

If we buy most of the players we need to buy now, so we don't need to spend in the next 2-3 seasons, we will be fine. We won't have FFP issues. Normally in 2-3 years, we should be able to spend a net of 300m, yeah? That's 50m per player for 6 players which is reasonable as long as we don't run after those shiny, unnecessarily expensive players. If we spend that whole lot now, and don't spend again unless we sell for the next 3 years, we will be fine

I think we should spend a lot now, and then make one or two additions in the next windows to improve the side.

That’s what City, Liverpool and Arsenal did. In Pep’s case sha, he was spending more than the competition even after he’d won the league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:32pm On May 15
eph12:

Exactly why I said some time ago, we don't need to run after any nonsense so called super star now. Recruit technical players from around the world for cheap and spend the next season to actually play learn to play a team that understands each other. Once we have a stable team full of technical hard workers that understand what it means to play for the club, we can get a couple of stars to take the club to the next level. For me, it’s a 2-3 years project. But we have to see the plan from day 1

100% agree.

We may not even need to sign any yeye star sef. Cos the fan base might’ve propelled any of the new signings into stardom.

Apart from that we already have players with stardom in their dna- Bruno and Gernacho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:50pm On May 15
Man Utd strikers are always starved.

https://twitter.com/tenhagera/status/1790749431819612363?s=46

See how frustrated Ronaldo was here. We made over 3 crosses in the space of 30 secs and none of them were accurate.

No wonder Hojlund resorted to pitch wrestling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:17pm On May 15
Leyqute:

See how frustrated Ronaldo was here. We made over 3 crosses in the space of 30 secs and none of them were accurate.

Hojlund that hardly gets any chance. He has to be fighting all over the pitch for the ball

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:19pm On May 15
Leyqute:

I think we should spend a lot now, and then make one or two additions in the next windows to improve the side.

That’s what City, Liverpool and Arsenal did. In Pep’s case sha, he was spending more than the competition even after he’d won the league.
Yes we should definitely spend that much now. But seeing that we didn't get Qatar owners, I don't know if we can. Looking at the wage we will be releasing, we should be able to spend 300-400m in this transfer window na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:21pm On May 15
Leyqute:

100% agree.

We may not even need to sign any yeye star sef. Cos the fan base might’ve propelled any of the new signings into stardom.

Apart from that we already have players with stardom in their dna- Bruno and Gernacho.
True. Rashford may even rediscover himself and start delivering again. If we have a solid defense and midfield, he won't need to contribute that much defensively
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:29pm On May 15
afrodoc2:

He is English, has 4 yrs left on his contract and would be leaving a champions League side for one not in the UCL. He won’t come cheap with either fee or salary.
At 28, he is at a good age for the kind of experience striker we need at the moment. If the new board can negotiate a decent fee (say £70m) and salary, it would be great for the team. Skysports reported United could sign Fulham Defender Tosin Adarabioyo on a free transfer this summer, i don't know how good he is but he will be joining on a free.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 5:29pm On May 15
Leyqute:

This was exactly what I was talking about..

This was probably under Ole or RR and I think it's way worse now..I don't understand why we spent over $60m on a striker and he can't get real service..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:40pm On May 15
Leyqute:

Champions league side for how long?

Newcastle did it last season but they’ve bottomed out.

I don’t see Villa qualifying for UCL next season. They might nick a spot in Europe though. Maintaining that top position is difficult.

During negotiations his agent won't look at it that way. His view would be "my player has to be adequately compensated if you guys want him to forego what might be his only chance of playing Champions League football".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:41pm On May 15
TrebleChamp:
At 28, he is at a good age for the kind of experience striker we need at the moment. If the new board can negotiate a decent fee (say £70m) and salary, it would be great for the team. Skysports reported United could sign Fulham Defender Tosin Adarabioyo on a free transfer this summer, i don't know how good he is but he will be joining on a free.

Yeah i am not saying we should not go for him, just saying it will not be cheap.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 5:43pm On May 15
eph12:

True. Rashford may even rediscover himself and start delivering again. If we have a solid defense and midfield, he won't need to contribute that much defensively
Bro Rashford should not be part of the new team setup, that boy is looking like a bad influence to his teammate. How many times did he turn up late for training this season, or go clubbing night before a game? I really hope the new people will sell him if an offer comes or let him run down his contract and gedifvck out...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:16pm On May 15
eph12:

Yes we should definitely spend that much now. But seeing that we didn't get Qatar owners, I don't know if we can. Looking at the wage we will be releasing, we should be able to spend 300-400m in this transfer window na

Yeah. If we spend that much this summer and wisely too, we should be competing for the title in two years. INEOS have to be ruthless about this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:20pm On May 15
eph12:

I don’t even want a luxury player like Rashford in the team sef. It creates cracks in the squad. Other players would be thinking, “why should I be the one running around and marking while Rashford loses the ball and strolls around”?

They may be okay with it but when Rashford fails to score in 6 games, no one will want to work while he’s useless.

Even Ronaldo was putting in shifts defensively when he was banging in goals during his first stint at United. It was when his outputs went crazy that he was given some leeway defensively. And even at that, he wasn’t as lazy as this current Rashford
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:23pm On May 15
CrystalTiger:

This was exactly what I was talking about..

This was probably under Ole or RR and I think it's way worse now..I don't understand why we spent over $60m on a striker and he can't get real service..

Unfortunately we don’t have technical players who can make accurate crosses, find the striker in tight spaces or understand and read his movements appropriately to service him better.

Amad is quite technical but we’re just seeing him play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:26pm On May 15
afrodoc2:

During negotiations his agent won't look at it that way. His view would be "my player has to be adequately compensated if you guys want him to forego what might be his only chance of playing Champions League football".

No deal then. Cos if he comes and flops, we’ll be the one holding the bag. Our mumu don do. That Antony transfer should never have happened at all.

Apart from the crazy transfer fee, I don’t understand how we managed to almost x10 his salary too. Man was earning around 25k at Ajax and boom, unku ETH and Mr. Murtough increased it to 200k per week.

No wonder the idiot hired a personal photographer to follow him around and hold a sonic doll in case he scores.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:28pm On May 15
My boyyy 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 6:37pm On May 15
eph12:

Greeny as in Greenwood? How much can we make from the sale of Greenwood? 20m? He is already a player the club said they do not want, so we will be lucky to get anything above that.

If we buy most of the players we need to buy now, so we don't need to spend in the next 2-3 seasons, we will be fine. We won't have FFP issues. Normally in 2-3 years, we should be able to spend a net of 300m, yeah? That's 50m per player for 6 players which is reasonable as long as we don't run after those shiny, unnecessarily expensive players. If we spend that whole lot now, and don't spend again unless we sell for the next 3 years, we will be fine

Buying Anthony for 100m was a big mistake and he's not even shine shine
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:02pm On May 15
Leyqute:
My boyyy 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽

Your boy is the man. Serious potential there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:06pm On May 15
Wetin do erimus
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:22pm On May 15
afrodoc2:

Your boy is the man. Serious potential there.

I’m rooting for him bigly. Hoping nothing derails his progress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:24pm On May 15
Fernandes the only guy going straight to the starting xi.

Rasmus, Rashford, Antony, Lisandro Martinez all on the bench.

Amad also in starting XI
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:25pm On May 15
Mrviktor:
Wetin do erimus

Too much gidigbo dey cause fatigue cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:26pm On May 15
afrodoc2:

When we mention structure people automatically assume we are defending ETH or a player.

How did lack of good structure affect ETH? :

A club with a good structure will not give full powers to sign players to a manager who has never had such powers before, especially one who was coming from a smaller club where he did not have such powers. They gave him that authority because they didn't have the nous to make the football decisions themselves.

A club with good structure will not allow the manager to waste their time for a whole transfer window, promising them that FDJ will sign for us. What lamba did ETH sell to those mumus that made them to waste so much time on FDJ. True football men would have pulled out of the deal long before we did.

A club with structure and scouts and football people will not buy a player for 85m just months after its scouting department evaluated him at 25m, just on the say so of the new untested manager.

Even with ETH's cluelessness, each of those 3 mistakes could have been avoided if the people above ETH were confident that they knew what they were doing. But they didn't, and so were happy to pass the buck to him.
Doc, Oasis was not one of the guys highlighting the problems of the board here. He was on the side of those who thought the coach was the problem. Seeing him now running with your mantra dey funny me abi him think say we don forget?

Oasis na typical politicians, him dey decamp anyhow.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Jokerman(m): 7:53pm On May 15
Losses can make someone mad 😂
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 8:14pm On May 15
Looks like McTom is playing the 9?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14168) (14169) (14170) (14171) (14172) (14173) (14174) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), a4turitoroman and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.