Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,205 members, 7,853,115 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8845644 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:09am On Mar 23, 2015
raumdeuter:
How did your Neymar play today

Do you mean Robben always have an excellent game? Neymar did okay. He was a threat and they won.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:14am On Mar 23, 2015
DDG, Rooney, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Valencia, Di Maria, Fellaini, Carrick, Young..... Will all be heading to international break.

This break sef no just come well. Small teams will have the luxury of resting their players. Hope our boys go use sense play small small sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Claroo(m): 12:20am On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:
DDG, Rooney, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Blind, Valencia, Di Maria, Fellaini, Carrick, Young..... Will all be heading to international break.

This break sef no just come well. Small teams will have the luxury of resting their players. Hope our boys go use sense play small small sha.
Ashley Young was not Invited by England
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:46am On Mar 23, 2015
Claroo:

Ashley Young was not Invited by England

ok.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 1:22am On Mar 23, 2015
Chai.. I miss 1500.
if not for nairaland tsunami we for Don reach 2000
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:40am On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:

It appears we have won all matches going into the international break, but we usually not return well. So we have to watch it, mostly as 5 players are going.

I don't think the int'l break'll affect us that much. Thank God we're facing A.Villa after the break and not Manshiity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:47am On Mar 23, 2015
Leyqute:

I don't think the int'l break'll affect us that much. Thank God we're facing A.Villa after the break and not Manshiity.

Man City players will be going to international break too. But Villa players will be resting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:49am On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:

Man City players will be going to international break too. But Villa players will be resting.

They're coming to OT - a place where we've created an aura for ourselves.

No matter how much they rest, they'll defend the whole 90 mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2015
Leyqute:

They're coming to OT - a place where we've created an aura for ourselves.

No matter how much they rest, they'll defend the whole 90 mins.
grin

Ah swear.. . If we give them the treatment we gave to spuds and looserfools

They'll sure run like headless chickens

I pity spuds and Looserfools shaaa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2015
Mata seems to be learning all over again how to take corner kicks. His corner kicks are the worsts so far. They drop from the 'sky'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:57am On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:

Carrick shouldn't have honored that invitation, not after he was neglected for the WC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:35am On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:
Mata seems to be learning all over again how to take corner kicks. His corner kicks are the worsts so far. They drop from the 'sky'.

Di maria's corner kicks have been the worst so far not mata's
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2015
What a result! Missed the match live but watched a delayed recording. Mata. What a magician! So happy for him. I didn't think he should have started as i always felt he's a home match type of player but he proved me wrong and I'm so happy. Was a badly needed win to credit to the team. Anfield not an easy place to win and the scousers were on pretty good form. Still not happy with Fellaini even though he put in a decent performance. Rooney was terrible.. Again but hope he gets back to it after the break. Really need shaw or rojo to step up for leftback as I don't fancy blind there. I think he's wasted there. I want him in the middle. Di María is really struggling with our style and connecting with the team in my opinion. Hopefully he kicks on next season as he's obviously a fantastic talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:15am On Mar 23, 2015
MrTA:
What a result! Missed the match live but watched a delayed recording. Mata. What a magician! So happy for him. I didn't think he should have started as i always felt he's a home match type of player but he proved me wrong and I'm so happy. Was a badly needed win to credit to the team. Anfield not an easy place to win and the scousers were on pretty good form. Still not happy with Fellaini even though he put in a decent performance. Rooney was terrible.. Again but hope he gets back to it after the break. Really need shaw or rojo to step up for leftback as I don't fancy blind there. I think he's wasted there. I want him in the middle. Di María is really struggling with our style and connecting with the team in my opinion. Hopefully he kicks on next season as he's obviously a fantastic talent.

blind, fellaini & young started the torture of liverpool's right channel from the first minute. they continued where they stopped against spurs. raheem sterling had no choice but to convert himself to a right back.

the system we play now puts 3 united players against a fullback in a triangle. on our right channel, we have valencia herrera & mata doing the same. if rooney had been sharper, we would have scored 2 more goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2015
grin haters gonna hate

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2015
coogar:

blind, fellaini & young started the torture of liverpool's right channel from the first minute. they continued where they stopped against spurs. raheem sterling had no choice but to convert himself to a right back.

the system we play now puts 3 united players against a fullback in a triangle. on our right channel, we have valencia herrera & mata doing the same. if rooney had been sharper, we would have scored 2 more goals.
I am beginning to like blind at left back....
I think this the second time in a row he has been nominated for MOTM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:42am On Mar 23, 2015
Mata buzzing after happiest day in a United shirt

Juan Mata described his brace at Anfield which secured a vital 2-1 victory over Liverpool as “my happiest day” in a Manchester United shirt.

The Spaniard, who took 90 per cent of votes in @ManUtd's Man of the Match poll, gave the Reds the lead in the first half when he finished off a neat move with a clinical right-footed finish past Simon Mignolet. But he outdid that in the second half with a brilliant acrobatic strike.

“It feels amazing,” he told MUTV. “The game was massive for us because of the position in the table, the rivalry and the history between the two clubs. I think today is the happiest day since I came to the club. I am very happy for the fans, for the team and happy with the performance and the three points.

“The second goal was nicer, it was a good pass from Angel [Di Maria] and I just tried to score with my first touch. But overall I think the performance of the team was the key for the win. I am very happy because of the goals, but I am happy about how we performed, how we defended. We knew that Liverpool were going to push until the end and we fought.”

Mata’s second goal came at a crucial time after Steven Gerrard was sent off almost immediately after coming on at half-time, following his stamp on Ander Herrera. But Mata says making the most of that numerical advantage was difficult.

“I think we played better against 11 players than against 10,” he added. “It was tense, they had nothing to lose and they were more dangerous [in that situation

with 10 men], where you just have to be offensive and create chances. And they have the players to do it. I think we kept our shape well and didn’t allow so many chances. It’s tough to play here at Anfield but it was a great game.”

The result and the performance, however, give Mata plenty of hope for what United can achieve in the final eight games of the season. Juan said: “The first half was very good, like against Tottenham, and I think the team is reaching that level that we should play at. We have the players to do it and it is very important that the team is performing at the best level at the most important stage of the season. We have to carry on and keep winning and winning.

“This win is important, but it’s no more than three points. We have some very important games to go against direct rivals. But you could feel from the beginning of the week how much the supporters wanted us to win here. It’s a massive game, the biggest in England, and that is why we are very happy.”
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Mar/Juan-Mata-enjoys-best-day-in-a-Manchester-United-shirt-after-victory-over-Liverpool.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2015
MrTA:
need shaw or rojo to step up for leftback as I don't fancy blind there. I think he's wasted there. I want him in the middle.

Carrick is the better DM. We will have to bring a proper DM in the summer to make the team stronger. The work there goes beyond the ability to make clever passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2015
dopeJemi:

Di maria's corner kicks have been the worst so far not mata's

I still prefer the way Di Maria hits his own with sharpness. Mata on his part tries to shoot the stars in the sky, then the ball takes eternity to fall down which automatically because a defender's ball. He has to correct that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:

I still prefer the way Di Maria hits his own with sharpness. Mata on his part tries to shoot the stars in the sky, then the ball takes eternity to fall down which automatically because a defender's ball. He has to correct that.

but at least his own ends up in the middle of the park, unlike di maria's own which either passes everyone or meets the first defender in front grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
dopeJemi:

but at least his own ends up in the middle of the park, unlike di maria's own which either passes everyone or meets the first defender in front grin
lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

fall from the sky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
man utd without carrick - 1.6 points per game
man utd with carrick - 2.3 points per game.

every premier league team needs a michael carrick.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
coogar:

Like I said earlier, it is not a coincidence we had our best form this season when he was in the team. He also adds leadership at the back. I pray he does come back unscathed from the int'l break.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
[ quote author=elampiro post=31913747]
Carrick is the better DM. We will have to bring a proper DM in the summer to make the team stronger. The work there goes beyond the ability to make clever passes. [/quote]

Totally agree with this, a strong player like a pogba or vidal, blind and Herrera a considered soft, not taking anything from their performances but just one physical player in that midfield would not be a bad idea.

Also heard Pele spent more time on the pitch than Gerard at anfield yesterday.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
Fastest red card in EPL. He did it like he was sent to do so grin. Reminds me of Fabio last season against Swansea in FA Cup.
codedguy1:
[ quote author=elampiro post=31913747]
Carrick is the better DM. We will have to bring a proper DM in the summer to make the team stronger. The work there goes beyond the ability to make clever passes.

Totally agree with this, a strong player like a pogba or vidal, blind and Herrera a considered soft, not taking anything from their performances but just one physical player in that midfield would not be a bad idea.

Also heard Pele spent more time on the pitch than Gerard at anfield yesterday.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2015
chrisley024:
Fastest red card in EPL. He did it like he was sent to do so grin. Reminds me of Fabio last season against Swansea in FA Cup.

gerrard yesterday....

[img]http://media./media/11gC4odpiRKuha/giphy.gif[/img]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
chrisley024:

No mind the ode captain! Came in yesterday with the determination of a krakan wanting to dismember every united player on the field only for the ref to deflate all that overbloated captain America determination.

He musta felt really foolish taking an early shower after a hard days job of 38seconds.

Other players will be like.....what are u taking a bath for?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
elampiro:

I agree that Carrick is the better dm at the moment. I just think in a bigger away game we would look good and secure with both Carrick and blind in the middle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2015
coogar:

gerrard yesterday....

[img]http://media./media/11gC4odpiRKuha/giphy.gif[/img]
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
coogar:

undecided

I see the jittery, anxiety, anguish and palpitations has taken flight temporarily away from this thread....

Back to back wins have calmed the nerves of scummies on this forum grin

But make no mistake, the end is going to be bitter and disastrous angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by taiwoliu(m): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

undecided

I see the jittery, anxiety, anguish and palpitations has taken flight temporarily away from this thread....

Back to back wins have calmed the nerves of scummies on this forum grin

But make no mistake, the end is going to be bitter and disastrous angry
y u sounding lyk dem collect ur lunch box? sorry, daddy wl tk u to d usual hangout joint- 4th place

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Mrviktor(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.