Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,847 members, 7,828,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8767895 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (14170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Or Better Still....Will Arsenal Ever Win The UCL??
Mission 2200 grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
By the way, where is Coogar?!

I come in peace bro grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
LMAO! B*tch plizzzz....If u think United ll settle for the FA Cup and a fourth place finish every season like ur mediocre joke of a club, then thats the day Horses ll start flying. We might finish 4th dis season but dont bet on ur stars and expect it to be permanent
you get time for that one. this season is wrapped already & United's stepped into the UCL again, let's see who trolls next season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folba(m): 3:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wayne Rooney feared to be out of the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

You are a raving lunatic......... A full clothed psychiatric certificate carrying raving lunatic!
I can reel out thread pages on here to buttress my claims about you and your ilks panicking and worrying about Liverpool back in January / February
You have a short memory so you have already forgotten and I am not surprised.... Fu...cking donut!
If you and your fellow scumtwats didn't think Liverpool was a threat, ya'all wont be sh...tting your pants before they lost their way recently.
You don't even know anything about the beautiful game... I don't know why I am wasting my time on a brainless twerp with a bicycle seat shaped head!
I remember a few years ago when MUFC fans bragged about never going to go trophyless or without UCL football...... Well that happened, you went without UCL football and now you are finishing another season empty handed... Dude, you should be worried, you are not a force ANY LONGER!!!!!!!
I don't need to pray for your downfall... It has been written... You should know what has been written cannot be changed, fu...cking airhead!
Dude, get used to your new found status or get lost in your past!
Vomit bag!
Wow! So much hate in one post. How long did it tke u to come up with all that. I bet u must ve really tasked ur brain to near breaking point to come up with all that.

I became a regular on this thread back in March so i've no idea wat u talking abt. As far as this season was concerned i've never panicked coz of Liverpool. If we catch dem anywia we'll easily brush dem aside as we've done twice this season.

Other MUFC fans might ve bragged, but not me. I'm a United fan through and through. I've been since 2003. I'm no plastic fan and i give credit where its due. We went without UCL football for one season and we are well and truly back. As for trophyies, dont worry they'll soon starting rolling in. Its only a matter of time. It wont be up to 8 yrs like in ur case.

We ll never be the force we once were under were SAF but we'll definitely never become a mediocre club like Arsenal or Liverpool who only seek UCL qualification every season. Our goals every season far outweigh yours. But we'll always be up there with the Elites in English football as it is clearly written.

You know i liked Arsenal. Hell i was even close to becoming a fan. But thank God the Arsenal fans around me showed their true colors just like urself. U an Arsenal fan come to a United thread and u spew out insults on us United fans and u take it personal when we bite back at u. Loool. Dude u'll be very much alive to see it when United get back to winning ways. Then u can go bang ur head on the four corners of ur house. We United fans ll be here to console u when u start crying out of ur deep hatred.

Keep hating bro. It keeps us going. Keeps the fire burning

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Wow! So much hate in one post. How long did it tke u to come up with all that. I bet u must ve really tasked ur brain to near breaking point to come up with all that.

I became a regular on this thread back in March so i've no idea wat u talking abt. As far as this season was concerned i've never panicked coz of Liverpool. If we catch dem anywia we'll easily brush dem aside as we've done twice this season.

Other MUFC fans might ve bragged, but not me. I'm a United fan through and through. I've been since 2003. I'm no plastic fan and i give credit where its due. We went without UCL football for one season and we are well and truly back. As for trophyies, dont worry they'll soon starting rolling in. Its only a matter of time. It wont be up to 8 yrs like in ur case.

We ll never be the force we once were under were SAF but we'll definitely never become a mediocre club like Arsenal or Liverpool who only seek UCL qualification every season. Our goals every season far outweigh yours. But we'll always be up there with the Elites in English football as it is clearly written.

You know i liked Arsenal. Hell i was even close to becoming a fan. But thank God the Arsenal fans around me showed their true colors just like urself. U an Arsenal fan come to a United thread and u spew out insults on us United fans and u take it personal when we bite back at u. Loool. Dude u'll be very much alive to see it when United get back to winning ways. Then u can go bang ur head on the four corners of ur house. We United fans ll be here to console u when u start crying out of ur deep hatred.

Keep hating bro. It keeps us going. Keeps the fire burning

If you look at the timeline of my response, you will realise I do returns effortlessly without tasking my brain... Now go back to the genesis of this argument and quantify / compare the timeline... Dolt!
Your goal every season outweighs ours yet you made qualifying for UCL this year a colossal priority? What the fu...ck are you smoking dude?
Does that make any sense to you?
Your goal last season got you nothing but a monumental disgrace ...... Is that what your new goal is? Trohylessness?
We will assess this at the end of the season.....
Past fu...cking glory dude, nothing more...... Deal with your new found status, trophylessness and when other teams screw up, maybe a 4th place!
We don't hate around here... And even if we did, no fire is burning
100 odd million quid to get 4th place ...... For a side used to winning trophies every season, and you call that goals and ambition?!
Chromosome aberration is worrying you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

If you look at the timeline of my response, you will realise I do returns effortlessly without tasking my brain... Now go back to the genesis of this argument and quantify / compare the timeline... Dolt!
Your goal every season outweighs ours yet you made qualifying for UCL this year a colossal priority? What the fu...ck are you smoking dude?
Does that make any sense to you?
Your goal last season got you nothing but a monumental disgrace ...... Is that what your new goal is? Trohylessness?
We will assess this at the end of the season.....
Past fu...cking glory dude, nothing more...... Deal with your new found status, trophylessness and when other teams screw up, maybe a 4th place!
We don't hate around here... And even if we did, no fire is burning
100 odd million quid to get 4th place ...... For a side used to winning trophies every season, and you call that goals and ambition?!
Chromosome aberration is worrying you!
Well this is really getting interesting.

Were u dropped on ur head as a child, coz if u have any atom of sense in ur oversized head, u'd realise dat a team dat finishes 7th(yes albeit a disgrace) doesn't come out and say it wants to challenge for the title the following season. Top 4 was the only reasonable goal dis season. And we've achieved dat. And mind u United ve been in the top 4 since November. So i dont know how we've always depended on teams to screw up to stay in the Top 4 as u claim.

Scream trophyless all u want but it doesn't mke us any more trophyless than Arsenal. 1 trophy in 10 yrs as opposed to none in two yrs.....If we re to judge based on ur assumptions, Arsenal are more of a disgrace than United.

All ur key players left u to win the EPL in different teams and u're here singing and dancing because u managed to win an FA Cup last season?

U say we living in past glories and yet your fellow Arsenal fans were all fighting with Chelsea fans at the start of the season on who the True invincibles were. So who's living in past glories?

Lool! Just Lool!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Since u want Valencia to leave and with inconsistent Rafael, which other RBs do u recommend? We could keep Young in the Starting 11 tho. But Jones, Carrick and Fellaini could all be valuable squad players for next season. But it all boils down to finding suitable and well qualified replacements for them...

To start with Adelana, Valencia was not and still is not a right back.He was a winger who was speedy but so one-styled for two seasons without any idea whatsoever apart from shifting the ball into the right and running into space.He was found out and since den it became very easy to defend against him as this was the only pattern he was able to pull of.He therefore became hopeless as a winger but still retains his athleticism.
The only way he finds himself a spot in the team is because Rafael is so injury prone and because Valencia is fitter than C. Ronaldo.The guy is like metal which doesn't break. That's all he can do(stay fit).He cannot dribble,he cannot pass with his left foot,can't cross,terrible in defensive positioning,can't even run sensibly anymore.

We can do better than Valencia,way better.He doesn't contribute anything to us and kills most of our attacks.

Talking about other alternatives,we have Clyne, Piszeck of Dortmund,Danilo just moved to Madrid,we could table a serious bid for Carvajal who I presume would want a place where he is a guaranteed starter,Seamus Coleman of Everton and even Cicinho..
Imagine for a moment how relieving it would be to have for the next 10 years a right back who is as good as Evra was for us.That's what am talking about and not Antonio "senseless" Valencia
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kemizee:

To start with Adelana, Valencia was not and still is not a right back.He was a winger who was speedy but so one-styled for two seasons without any idea whatsoever apart from shifting the ball into the right and running into space.He was found out and since den it became very easy to defend against him as this was the only pattern he was able to pull of.He therefore became hopeless as a winger but still retains his athleticism.
The only way he finds himself a spot in the team is because Rafael is so injury prone and because Valencia is fitter than C. Ronaldo.The guy is like metal which doesn't break. That's all he can do(stay fit).He cannot dribble,he cannot pass with his left foot,can't cross,terrible in defensive positioning,can't even run sensibly anymore.

We can do better than Valencia,way better.He doesn't contribute anything to us and kills most of our attacks.

Talking about other alternatives,we have Clyne, Piszeck of Dortmund,Danilo just moved to Madrid,we could table a serious bid for Carvajal who I presume would want a place where he is a guaranteed starter,Seamus Coleman of Everton and even Cicinho..
Imagine for a moment how relieving it would be to have for the next 10 years a right back who is as good as Evra was for us.That's what am talking about and not Antonio "senseless" Valencia
Oh God! Valencia is such a "one way street" kinda player, it actually hurts. Watching him play on the wings last season was so sickening i almost always cried. Thsts why i was relieved to see him at RB where he could at least contribute with his pace and strength. As for Rafael, dude cant even stay fit to save his own life. Its just sad tho. He had so much potential.

Piszeck isn't a bad choice tho. But how many players are we gonna poach from Dortmund? Hummels, Piszeck, Gundogan.....we can only realistically land only one of them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
And it should annoy u even more that u're the synonynm for Stewpidity and Id*ocy. If Arsenal are regarded as a Top English and European team and u call finishing 4th every season tangible, then u must be even more stewpid than u look. UCL qualification was/has never been the sole target at United.

Who cares what your 'target' is? Fact is, we beat you both in league position AND trophies last season.

Yes we could finish 4th dis season, but considering how last season turned out, this season is an improvement. And nxt season we raise the bar higher and set out to achieve higher standards.
Congrats on ur final. If u win it, good for u. If u dont, well.....Lool! cheesy

See this mumu - you're happy you're simply finishing higher than last season and shouting 'improvement' eh? But you're arguing with a team that won a trophy last season and will likely win another one next month?

Who gives a flying Bleep about your standards? If you like state winning Nigerian Premier League as your standard - what matters is what you achieve in the end, and this season it's certain the best you'll achieve is be trophyless.

As I said before, if you can't take it go and take a running jump into Ogunpa River while holding on to a 11kVA cable. cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
debosky:

Who cares what your 'target' is? Fact is, we beat you both in league position AND trophies last season.

See this mumu - you're happy you're simply finishing higher than last season and shouting 'improvement' eh? But you're arguing with a team that won a trophy last season and will likely win another one next month?

Who gives a flying Bleep about your standards? If you like state winning Nigerian Premier League as your standard - what matters is what you achieve in the end, and this season it's certain the best you'll achieve is be trophyless.

As I said before, if you can't take it go and take a running jump into Ogunpa River while holding on to a 11kVA cable. cool cool
Ur lvl of reasoning is shallow bruh. In ur own words, its a good thing then the EPL started last season right The last hundred yrs of football in English and EPL history counts for nothing because Arsenal finished 4th and won their 1st trophy in 9 yrs? In ur own words, u only just justified why people call Arsenal a small and mediocre club for celebrating 4th place. UCL qualifications seems to be ur clubs goals every season. Arsenal! The only club to lead the league from August to March only to drop to their precious 4th in the space of two months. Ur mates are busy plotting how they'd win the league and Champions League, but u're busy drinking ur celebration coolades for finishing 4th and winning the FA Cup. Ok. Little wonder Mourinho considers both Arsenal and Wenger a failure.

The whole world knew United were gon suffer after SAF's exit. And we were rightly disgraced in all measures last season. But if u cant acknowledge that for a team which goes abt its business winning titles every season finishes 7th and then goes abt finishing in a Champions League spot the ffg season bcoz u cant see past ur hate, then u're a true definition of whats wrong with this country. So forgive me if i want more than Champions League qualification for my team every season.

Yes we ll be trophyless dis season. But if u win the FA Cup this season, it doesn't add or remove anything from United. But if u lose, well we'll all be here to......LMAO at ur useless joke of a club.

Oh! B4 i 4get Fvck you too!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
FA Cup is the new Champions League - Arsene Wenger cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
Just watched the Everton highlights and i 've to say we were worse than woeful! Everton preyed on our weaknesses! Counter, set-piece. Even De Gea was terrible. Lets hope Madrid watched dat game and ve decided to keep their paws off him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
SailorXY:
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Ur lvl of reasoning is shallow bruh. In ur own words, its a good thing then the EPL started last season right

In my own words? When did I say the EPL started last season? Or are you exhibiting signs of terminal lunacy?

The last hundred yrs of football in English and EPL history counts for nothing because Arsenal finished 4th and won their 1st trophy in 9 yrs? In ur own words, u only just justified why people call Arsenal a small and mediocre club for celebrating 4th place. UCL qualifications seems to be ur clubs goals every season. Arsenal!

No it doesn't count, because we're not talking about 100 years, we're talking about right now. If you're too thick to comprehend that then say so.

The only club to lead the league from August to March only to drop to their precious 4th in the space of two months. Ur mates are busy plotting how they'd win the league and Champions League, but u're busy drinking ur celebration coolades for finishing 4th and winning the FA Cup. Ok. Little wonder Mourinho considers both Arsenal and Wenger a failure.

Even the 4th place and FA Cup was beyond your mighty club, so why shouldn't I rub it in your wretched face?

The whole world knew United were gon suffer after SAF's exit. And we were rightly disgraced in all measures last season. But if u cant acknowledge that for a team which goes abt its business winning titles every season finishes 7th and then goes abt finishing in a Champions League spot the ffg season bcoz u cant see past ur hate, then u're a true definition of whats wrong with this country. So forgive me if i want more than Champions League qualification for my team every season.
Yes we ll be trophyless dis season. But if u win the FA Cup this season, it doesn't add or remove anything from United. But if u lose, well we'll all be here to......LMAO at ur useless joke of a club.

Ridiculous excuses - one would think SAF left with all the football playing nous at United leaving behind crippled players to take over. Y'all are a mess and there is no excuse - especially not after spending £200m on waste men players.

Stand up and take your pain like a man and stop trying to weasel out - your club was shyte last season and is shyte this season compared to Arsenal. If you can't handle that, get yourself tied to the nearest Iroko tree and bathed with a thousand soldier ants. cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
Debosky spitting fire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
raumdeuter:
Debosky spitting fire
more like excreta. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
SailorXY:

Champions League is a title - Louis Van Hag (pun intended) cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2015
debosky:

In my own words? When did I say the EPL started last season? Or are you exhibiting signs of terminal lunacy?

No it doesn't count, because we're not talking about 100 years, we're talking about right now. If you're too thick to comprehend that then say so.

Even the 4th place and FA Cup was beyond your mighty club, so why shouldn't I rub it in your wretched face?

Ridiculous excuses - one would think SAF left with all the football playing nous at United leaving behind crippled players to take over. Y'all are a mess and there is no excuse - especially not after spending £200m on waste men players.

Stand up and take your pain like a man and stop trying to weasel out - your club was shyte last season and is shyte this season compared to Arsenal. If you can't handle that, get yourself tied to the nearest Iroko tree and bathed with a thousand soldier ants. cool
U re a Stark Illeterate who is obviously suffering from Dementia and Amnesia join.

Lemme break it down for u in the Layman's language u can best understand:

Did u not say 'U beat us in league position and trophies ladt season'. So judging by u Arsenal is better than United coz of that?? Like i said small club mentality. U mates are winning league and UCL but u re happy with fourth place and FA Cup....Issok!

U said 'The last 100 yrs doesn't count. Only the present'. Dat means u saying the past is irrelevant and all the players are playing for and ve played for is irrelevant. And yet u pointed out the fact that 'We beat u in league position and trophies'. So tell me isn't dat a thing of the past. U see how Stewpid and ridiculous u just made urself??

How can u say the past is irrelevan? Is it not by finishing the league in a UCL Spot(The past), u can qualify to play in the UCL the ffg season(The present)? U see how dumb u just made urself look. U better go to ur village and beg ur ancestors to release u from this disease that is plaguing ur life!

As for how much we've spent on players in one season in God knows how long, dont even go there. We've only done wat the likes of Chelsea, City, Liverpool even Arsenal etc. ve done in the last few seasons. Some ve backfired, some ve not.

As for the last portion of ur post, u're a bloody hypocrite. Y'all lose and u start screaming Wenger Out and blaming ur players and cursing the whole world for ur predicament. U win and start comparing ur players with the whole world....nominating Coquelin for Balon D'Or. Ask urself when ve Arsenal fans ever swallowed their pride and taken any defeat like men? Up till today, y'all boo Cesc, RVP, Nasri for abandoning a sinking ship and seeking success elsewhere....

United might ve been regarded a sinking ship last season and trophyless dis season but we ve our ship well and truly above the water gradually floating away to the successes ahead.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Rodgers be like.....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
I see nothing wrong with Valencia other than Gaal dishing him one or two instructions. Right from kick off of the Everton match I saw something wrong. We played a high line defence which is now our pattern, this wasn't the problem however, the problem has to do with playing too few men behind the ball. Also of not being conservative in approach.

First we had a defence playing high. Second, we had the two full backs supporting attacks as usual. The third thing was the unusual, Blind playing like he was an AM thereby leaving only Smalling and McNair exposed. From the Chelsea's game, I knew McNair was a weak link. Before the match I told my friends I had a problem with McNair being in that position. I want to believe that Carrick understood how best to position himself to play behind the ball and somewhat behind opposition attacking midfielders.

Now back to Valencia. If Gaal wants Val to play like a traditional right back staying compact with his other defenders, he can easily dish out this instruction. What we see is Gaal being comfortable with our high line defence. This kind of defence is easily split apart mostly from a counter attack as compared to Chelsea's kind of defence where all four or five players sit deep and play very closely. This where many people think our defenders are not up to standard. Not many players can play in a high defence. Most world class defenders will flop in it. Valencia has done well on the right, even better than those who have played on the left- if defending is just to be used as a yardstick.

I want to believe that Phil Jones ability to drift to the left full back to kill threats have been what has covered all the weaknesses from that angle. McNair doesn't have this skill to go and try intercept or kill potential moves in that wing before they get to danger area. Valencia, however is left to do all by himself, particularly, when Smalling didnt have the liberty to roam due to being paired with a novice. This is where a coach dishes out instructions as matches are going on. Or there has to be a leader at the back who could read the game well like Carrick. In all the six straight matches we won, Valencia has gone out of his position to help. We saw him kill moves high up the pitch. We saw him racing to close down Aguero far away from his position on the left side of our defence.

One thing is, a team learns to play as a unit. This is more true of a defence. The calamity was Shaw, Valencia and Blind moving out at same time. Then we had a baby defender. Valencia also seems to be unaware that he is probably fatigued at this time. His recovering time and concentration will be affected. We were up against two Everton wingers who have had little football this season, hence they came out so fresh. Then we made the mistake of going all out to attack with 8 men. Everton had about three to four players lurking around for a chance to break at our defence.

If a new defender will displace Valencia next season is left to be seen. Whoever is coming will be playing in a high defence. When Rafael played in a similar set up against Burnley at Old Trafford, he was caught out twice from counter attack. We cannot really compare until we have another playing games for us to enable us compare. On the pass accuracy, Valencia is 6th in the entire EPL. The highest in Manchester United. He is the only out and out full back who is in the first 40. The next is Zabaleta who is in number 41. This is how he brings stability to our play. He is hardly disposed and has a very low rate of unsuccessful touch. There are some players that you just give the ball to when it becomes hard to keep.

This season Val has done well. Even under SAF he did well playing in the defence in a long spell for about three seasons. He is even playing behind two small players, unlike the other side we have Young and Fellaini.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
* After the Chelsea match, I was the only one among my friends who felt strongly that McNair did not do well. If had I written that here, people would have thought I was making a case for Jones. Drogba had several opportunity to pace away with the ball from McNair but he didn’t have the power to do that because he is old. So what happened was Drogba slowing to try and play with his team mates which made us easily disposes them of the ball.

Martinez was smart, he tried using the space between Shaw and McNair for his counters. McNair has to go on loan.

* Fellaini: I am beginning to think this guy cannot play many successive matches. He is not jumping anymore. I will have to see him against West Brom to ascertain if he is tired. With new signings, he will have to settle for a squad role next season. Play some rest and play some again. I wonder how weak he will be if he had to play a full season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
elampiro:
* After the Chelsea match, I was the only one among my friends who felt strongly that McNair did not do well. If had I written that here, people would have thought I was making a case for Jones. Drogba had several opportunity to pace away with the ball from McNair but he didn’t have the power to do that because he is old. So what happened was Drogba slowing to try and play with his team mates which made us easily disposes them of the ball.

Martinez was smart, he tried using the space between Shaw and McNair for his counters. McNair has to go on loan.

* Fellaini: I am beginning to think this guy cannot play many successive matches. He is not jumping anymore. I will have to see him against West Brom to ascertain if he is tired. With new signings, he will have to settle for a squad role next season. Play some rest and play some again. I wonder how weak he will be if he had to play a full season.

I thought McNair is top bananas?
Dude got found out against Everton and scummies want him farmed out on loan grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dadehmola, Chelsea is 20th on interception table. They have the least interception this season. How much do you still really value this interception stat?

Per game
1st. Arsenal 20.5
2nd. Leicester 18.9
3rd Man United 18.3
19th Liverpool 11.9
20th Chelsea 9.7

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

I thought McNair is top bananas?
Dude got found out against Everton and scummies want him farmed out on loan grin

He is good, but he needs to go on loan. He only appeared to have done well against Chelsea because Drogba is old, then Chelsea players are already tired from a long season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
elampiro:
I see nothing wrong with Valencia other than Gaal dishing him one or two instructions. Right from kick off of the Everton match I saw something wrong. We played a high line defence which is now our pattern, this wasn't the problem however, the problem has to do with playing too few men behind the ball. Also of not being conservative in approach.

First we had a defence playing high. Second, we had the two full backs supporting attacks as usual. The third thing was the unusual, Blind playing like he was an AM thereby leaving only Smalling and McNair exposed. From the Chelsea's game, I knew McNair was a weak link. Before the match I told my friends I had a problem with McNair being in that position. I want to believe that Carrick understood how best to position himself to play behind the ball and somewhat behind opposition attacking midfielders.

Now back to Valencia. If Gaal wants Val to play like a traditional right back staying compact with his other defenders, he can easily dish out this instruction. What we see is Gaal being comfortable with our high line defence. This kind of defence is easily split apart mostly from a counter attack as compared to Chelsea's kind of defence where all four or five players sit deep and play very closely. This where many people think our defenders are not up to standard. Not many players can play in a high defence. Most world class defenders will flop in it. Valencia has done well on the right, even better than those who have played on the left- if defending is just to be used as a yardstick.

I want to believe that Phil Jones ability to drift to the left full back to kill threats have been what has covered all the weaknesses from that angle. McNair doesn't have this skill to go and try intercept or kill potential moves in that wing before they get to danger area. Valencia, however is left to do all by himself, particularly, when Smalling didnt have the liberty to roam due to being paired with a novice. This is where a coach dishes out instructions as matches are going on. Or there has to be a leader at the back who could read the game well like Carrick. In all the six straight matches we won, Valencia has gone out of his position to help. We saw him kill moves high up the pitch. We saw him racing to close down Aguero far away from his position on the left side of our defence.

One thing is, a team learns to play as a unit. This is more true of a defence. The calamity was Shaw, Valencia and Blind moving out at same time. Then we had a baby defender. Valencia also seems to be unaware that he is probably fatigued at this time. His recovering time and concentration will be affected. We were up against two Everton wingers who have had little football this season, hence they came out so fresh. Then we made the mistake of going all out to attack with 8 men. Everton had about three to four players lurking around for a chance to break at our defence.

Whether if a neampsn w defender will displace Valencia next season is left to be seen. Whoever is coming will be playing in a high defence. When Rafael played in a similar set up against Burnley at Old Trafford, he was caught out twice from counter attack. We cannot really compare until we have another playing games for us to enable us compare. On the pass accuracy, Valencia is 6th in the entire EPL. The highest in Manchester United. He is the only out and out full back who is in the first 40. The next is Zabaleta who is in number 41. This is how he brings stability to our play. He is hardly disposed and has a very low rate of unsuccessful touch. There are some players that you just give the ball to when it becomes hard to keep.

This season Val has done well. Even under SAF he did well playing in the defence in a long spell for about three seasons. He is even playing behind two small players, unlike the other side we have Young and Fellaini.

I see Elamps is back from vacation. Na Coogar remain.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

I've had no problem with Valencia's defending his season. He usually owns dat right wing almost everytime he's on the pitch. My problem is in his creativity and chance creations. Like Kemizee said, the guy is probably fitter than C.Ro. He's probably even the fittest player in all of the EPL. But his contribution in attack is as dull as some pple's brain on this thread. For a full back, he is hardly impressive going forward. The last we got an assist from Valencia was probably back in December when he nutmeged...was it Emre Can(cant remember)...and got an Assist on Rooney's opening goal against Liverpool. We need to see more from him going forward as well as in defence if not we really do need a new RB to replace him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2015
Kemizee:

Yea. Falcao has been off he boil for a long time now.I agree with you as regards the tactical flexibility[b].We just seem to have no plan B for teams that sit tight and park the bus[/b].Also I think Van gaal just wants to get to the finishing line(4th Place).When he purchases more technical players in the summer,we will get to these tactical varieties that we all want because the players will be much more adaptable.

Too early to say. We had some missed chances in the last two matches.

* Let's say you were given 150 million to go to market. Can we see your first eleven?

* I think Nani is good at unlocking a tight defence.

Hope to read you post tomorrow. I am off.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I see Elamps is back from vacation. Na Coogar remain.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

I've had no problem with Valencia's defending his season. He usually owns dat right wing almost everytime he's on the pitch. My problem is in his creativity and chance creations. Like Kemizee said, the guy is probably fitter than C.Ro. He's probably even the fittest player in all of the EPL. But his contribution in attack is as dull as some pple's brain on this thread. For a full back, he is hardly impressive going forward. The last we got an assist from Valencia was probably back in December when he nutmeged...was it Emre Can(cant remember)...and got an Assist on Rooney's opening goal against Liverpool. We need to see more from him going forward as well as in defence if not we really do need a new RB to replace him

Whoscored credited him with two assists. Although he has played the most time for us behind Rooney, I think he is not so bad considering the way the team is set up. Rafael too doesn't even have a good assists record for us. Remember too, Valencia stays back in the defence during set play, allowing Smalling, Rojo and Jones to join in the attack. That affects a players assists and goals stats.

Any way, until a new defender comes next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
Carrick: I still prefer a mascherano type of number 4 if such could be find. Carrick would never had been able to track that Hazard run enroute to the goal against us, just like Herrera failed to. Herrera was the only one who saw the move but his pace let him down. I remember Mascherano tracking Robben twice in the world cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1

Which defenders really have assists. I just saw Blind with just 2.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
elampiro:
Carrick: I still prefer a mascherano type of number 4 if such could be find. Carrick would never had been able to track that Hazard run enroute to the goal against us, just like Herrera failed to. Herrera was the only one who saw the move but his pace let him down. I remember Mascherano tracking Robben twice in the world cup.
Valencia had the chance (& pace) to pressure Hazard, but he stopped for reasons best known to him.

he was also unaware of his surroundings for Everton's last goal, stopped playing on a perceived offside with no whistle sound.

he just can't be first choice RB next season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2015
folba:
Wayne Rooney feared to be out of the season
meaning Everton took three points and our captain from us last Sunday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1584) (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) ... (14170) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Englishisamust and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.