Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,143 members, 7,815,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708606 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:16am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

3rd highest EPL scorer of ALL TIME won't make top 5 on any credible site?

Rooney is only two goals away from being 2nd highest goal scorer in the EPL of all time, but he won't make top 5 strikers list in the league?

What 'credible' sites are you reading?

Sometime back, i read Goal.com's top 10 best EPL strikers of all time, Rooney was 6th behind Bergkamp. Now take into fact that Rooney has scored more than Bergkamp and has played more games than him. Rooney has been in Man Utd for 11 seasons now and was behind Bergkamp. If Rooney was worth the level people makes him to be, he'd be way above Bergkamp!! But he's not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:18am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:
170 goals in 340 league appearances is a goal every 2 games.

A GOAL EVERY OTHER GAME...since 2004

Some of you fans are just ungrateful idiots.

By all means, yes Rooney has declined. But to say he's overhyped? Overhyped?

Rooney is over-hyped!! Rooney took 5, not 2, five whole seasons to get past the 20-goal mark!! Rooney scored just one away goal this season. C'mon!! The lass is an expired good!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:20am On May 26, 2015
Pawa any latest transfer news?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:21am On May 26, 2015
Theirry Henry has the highest number assists in a one season for EPL.

He's won the highest goal scorer in EPL.

Yet Rooney for over 11 years has won neither. The guy is over-paid!! He's not worth the €300K a week, that's my issue with him. Nothing else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:22am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Sometime back, i read Goal.com's top 10 best EPL strikers of all time, Rooney was 6th behind Bergkamp. Now take into fact that Rooney has scored more than Bergkamp and has played more games than him. Rooney has been in Man Utd for 11 seasons now and was behind Bergkamp. If Rooney was worth the level people makes him to be, he'd be way above Bergkamp!! But he's not.

I even thought you would mention a decent site. Goal.com is one of the most useless sites on the planet.
And even at that, that list is most likely a subjective piece of nonsense that's not based in fact.

Strikers are judged on Goals...and Only 2 people in the history of the EPL have more goals than Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:23am On May 26, 2015
elampiro:

Ronaldo and Rooney are not strikers. Although they can operate as strikers. Rooney has been an AM for us, even Ferguson said this.

How come Ronado won all those and Rooney can't in 12 seasons?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:27am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

I even thought you would mention a decent site. Goal.com is one of the most useless sites on the planet.
And even at that, that list is most likely a subjective piece of nonsense that's not based in fact.

Strikers are judged on Goals...and Only 2 people in the history of the EPL have more goals than Rooney.

I can't convince you and you can't convince me. So let's agree to disagree. For me, any striker that scores 12 goals in a season playing the same number of games as Rooney for Man Utd is wack!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:
170 goals in 340 league appearances is a goal every 2 games.

A GOAL EVERY OTHER GAME...since 2004

Some of you fans are just ungrateful idiots.

By all means, yes Rooney has declined. But to say he's overhyped? Overhyped?

You have not even added Assists.

That guy wrote about a credible site putting Rooney in to 5. When I google 'EPL top strikers ever' the first website I read, I saw him in top 5 and they called him an EPL legend in the last decade. Henry was 1st and Shearer 2nd.

The second website I opened put Rooney in top 5 again. But Shearer as first before Henry.

I need to log out for some time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:30am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

How come Ronado won all those and Rooney can't in 12 seasons?

Ronaldo and Messi are almost in same category as Pele and Maradona.

Even Rooney acknowledges Ronaldo as a better layer than him. We should know who we put above or below players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2015
elampiro:

Where did you and I have the discussion of Berbatov? That's my question?
Was never about Berbatov but to show how far back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:33am On May 26, 2015
Guys enough ,Wazza no doubt is a united legend whether anybody likes it or not but he can't lead our line next season #fact ...he made d top 5 in FIFA during d 2010/2011 season so Sinizia n Coogar ,u can't deny him his due rights ,am just of d opinion dat he doesn't worth dis 300k per week with his current performances
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:34am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Rooney is over-hyped!! Rooney took 5, not 2, five whole seasons to get past the 20-goal mark!! Rooney scored just one away goal this season. C'mon!! The lass is an expired good!!

We've seen Overhype.

Sheva, Torres, Santa Cruz, Kezman, Alves, Robinho, Falcao,Carroll,Soldado.

They came with big price tags, and big reputations to flop on the big stage.

I don't see how one could logically class Rooney as being overhyped. The only people Rooney is compared to are Messi/CR7 and Ibra.

The first two are the best that ever did it in the game, Whilst not too long ago Ibra was also labelled a fraud never turning up in Europe.

Those 3 are the best strikers in the world at the minute and nobody can keep up. But hyping Ibra should also come with caution, Rooney would easily score 30 in that French league
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:35am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

I can't convince you and you can't convince me. So let's agree to disagree. For me, any striker that scores 12 goals in a season playing the same number of games as Rooney for Man Utd is wack!!

Did you put his Assists?

He is better than players who are one or two seasons wonders and fade. He has been involved in all our big matches, activities and events since 2006/2007 season or even 2004/5 since his arrival. He has played 3 UCL finals. Without Ronaldo he led us to face Barca in 2011final, he scored against Chelsea in the one nil win at the Bridge, he scored an equalizer against Barca, although we lost to the bst team in the world. On the journey, he dismissed Shalke easily making the home fixture a formality, then SAF rested him. SAF usually rest him in small fixtures ahead of big fixtures, another reason his goals figures may have dropped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:38am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

You're trying to hide behind faux objectivity and its a sham.

Give me a striker that has lasted as long as Rooney in the top flight and compare their numbers.

Let's start with Shola Ameobi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:41am On May 26, 2015
elampiro:

Ronaldo and Messi are almost in same category as Pele and Maradona.

Even Rooney acknowledges Ronaldo as a better layer than him. We should know who we put above or below players.

Aguero just won the highest goal scorer.

Suarez did it last season too..

So are they in the same category of Messi and Ronaldo?

They did this with very lesser seasons than Rooney. Is Rooney below their levels too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:44am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

We've seen Overhype.

Sheva, Torres, Santa Cruz, Kezman, Alves, Robinho, Falcao,Carroll,Soldado.

They came with big price tags, and big reputations to flop on the big stage.

I don't see how one could logically class Rooney as being overhyped. The only people Rooney is compared to are Messi/CR7 and Ibra.

The first two are the best that ever did it in the game, Whilst not too long ago Ibra was also labelled a fraud never turning up in Europe.

Those 3 are the best strikers in the world at the minute and nobody can keep up. But hyping Ibra should also come with caution, Rooney would easily score 30 in that French league

Sheva overhyped? Because he flopped at Chelshit? He flopped at AC milan too? Can Rooney lead the line for Liverfool the way Torres did? Abeg, this is getting funny.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:48am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

You're trying to hide behind faux objectivity and its a sham.

Give me a striker that has lasted as long as Rooney in the top flight and compare their numbers.

Let's start with Shola Ameobi

Rooney lasted in Man Utd because of the over-hype!! He's an England son, you can't just sell him. What happened to Casillas? He lost his prowess, Mourinho benched him, but Carlo didn't because he's Madrid favorite son!! Same thing applies to Rooney!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:49am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Sheva overhyped? Because he flopped at Chelshit? He flopped at AC milan too? Can Rooney lead the line for Liverfool the way Torres did? Abeg, this is getting funny.

Especially because he flopped at Chelsea. He came with the reputation and the goal tally. What Ronaldo and Messi are doing now in the CL, he was doing with Raul...came to EPL and couldn't even trap the ball.

Nobody worth his salt will doubt that Sheva was overhyped.

Rooney however...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:51am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Aguero just won the highest goal scorer.

Suarez did it last season too..

So are they in the same category of Messi and Ronaldo?

They did this with very lesser seasons than Rooney. Is Rooney below their levels too?

Giggs never won any golden boot and he is a legend.

Cantona is a legend but he never reached 20 EPL goals. His highest was 18 in 34 league appearances. Rooney scored 27 EPL goals.

Remember, Cantona and Rooney played same position for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:51am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Rooney lasted in Man Utd because of the over-hype!! He's an England son, you can't just sell him. What happened to Casillas? He lost his prowess, Mourinho benched him, but Carlo didn't because he's Madrid favorite son!! Same thing applies to Rooney!!

Ameobi is English and lasted at Newcastle too for over a decade.

What are his numbers? You think it's simply enough to be English to command a starting spot at Manyoo for over a decade?

WTF is wrong with you?!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:53am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist, isn't it funny that Sheva you called a flop won European player of the year and Rooney will never win it?

Torres is over-hyped yet he came second in World Best, something Rooney that worth all the hype will never achieve it. gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:57am On May 26, 2015
elampiro:

Giggs never won any golden boot and he is a legend.

Cantona is a legend but he never reached 20 EPL goals. His highest was 18 in 34 league appearances. Rooney scored 27 EPL goals.

Remember, Cantona and Rooney played same position for us.

You are comparing a winger like Giggs with Rooney a striker? gringrin you said SAF said Ronaldo can strike as Rooney, has he ever said the same for Giggs? Rooney will never match the level of Giggs' legendary status no matter the amount of seasons he plays in Man Utd. Cantona achieved a legendary status in 5 seasons. Rooney is a learner!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:00am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

Ameobi is English and lasted at Newcastle too for over a decade.

What are his numbers? You think it's simply enough to be English to command a starting spot at Manyoo for over a decade?

WTF is wrong with you?!

Ameobi? LOL.

Compare Ameobi's playing time with Rooney.
Compare his wages with Rooney

WTF are you talking about? How can you be comparing Ameobi with Rooney? Was Ameobi over-hyped? Ameobi is a well-known flop!! Is Ameobi compared to Ibrahimovic, Messi etc? Rooney earns €300K a week and gives me one away goal? Ain't you ashamed arguing this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:01am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

You are comparing a winger like Giggs with Rooney a striker? gringrin you said SAF said Ronaldo can strike as Rooney, has he ever said the same for Giggs? Rooney will never match the level of Giggs' legendary status no matter the amount of seasons he plays in Man Utd. Cantona achieved a legendary status in 5 seasons. Rooney is a learner!!

As is Rooney an out and out striker?

Okay, compare Rooney and Cantona who played in same position?

Giggs was voted/awarded EPL best player ever during the 2Oth anniversary award, yet he never scored goals.... as you may say.

Bye jor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2015
If na Rooney be Giggs them for tell us say Ronaldo na winger. See excuse for Giggs.. but Rooney......

ABegi

Bye for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:04am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:

Ameobi? LOL.

Compare Ameobi's playing time with Rooney.
Compare his wages with Rooney

WTF are you talking about? How can you be comparing Ameobi with Rooney? Was Ameobi over-hyped? Ameobi is a well-known flop!! Is Ameobi compared to Ibrahimovic, Messi etc? Rooney earns €300K a week and gives me one away goal? Ain't you ashamed arguing this?

Why do you think Rooney earns 300k a week? Because the glazers like his face?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:06am On May 26, 2015
elampiro:

As is Rooney an out and out striker?

Okay, compare Rooney and Cantona who played in same position?

Giggs was voted/awarded EPL best player ever during the 2Oth anniversary award, yet he never scored goals.... as you may say.

Bye jor.

Rooney is crap and everyone knows this!! Out and out doesn't matter. How come you rate this dude as the best yet Cantona that you rate lower than Rooney is rated higher than Rooney among Man Utd fans and EPL judges? What does that tell you? In 5 season, Cantona reached a legendary status. Can Rooney match that in his first 5 seasons when he's scoring 12 goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:08am On May 26, 2015
Nihilist:

Why do you think Rooney earns 300k a week? Because the glazers like his face?

Because England press over-hypes him. The way he's over-hyped, Ibrahimovic doesn't come close!! And Zlatan is better than him!! He's not worth the wages he collects. Moyes is the Idíot that caused it!! He'd have been sold!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 9:11am On May 26, 2015
How can you compare Rooney with Ameobi? Did you see me compaing Rooney with Welbeck. I mentioned Suarez, Messi, Torres, Ronaldo, Zlatan etc. Those are the people you compare with Rooney. How the fúck do you compare Rooney with Ameobi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:19am On May 26, 2015
sinizia:
How can you compare Rooney with Ameobi? Did you see me compaing Rooney with Welbeck. I mentioned Suarez, Messi, Torres, Ronaldo, Zlatan etc. Those are the people you compare with Rooney. How the fúck do you compare Rooney with Ameobi?

You clearly don't even know what your point is.

Rooney's output is not solely down to longetivity else Ameobi should have matched him.

It's not down to 'Hype' because he has outscored every other striker bar Henry who played in his era.

If in this day and age, you think that wages are solely tied to number of goals scored, then I tire for you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:20am On May 26, 2015
I wonder what the arguments for?
I've googled, read articles on internet andYouTube comments about Wayne Rooney since yesterday and i couldn't find anyone saying he's over-hyped or over-paid so i guess its only sinizia that thinks he is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eghos12(m): 9:30am On May 26, 2015
Former England Legend Names The Most Important Man Utd Player

Former England manager and player Glenn Hoddle has named the one player at Man Utd he believes is pivotal to their ambitions of challenging for the title next season and it is none other than Marouane Fellaini. “Marouane Fellaini had a torrid time in his first season and just didn’t look like a Manchester United player.

“Ironically, it was almost as if David Moyes was reluctant to play him in his current positions – up top, alongside Wayne Rooney – as he feared that was too much like a long-ball game for United. “But Louis van Gaal has simply opted for the tactics most effective for the players at his disposal. And being further forward allows Fellaini to use his combative side usefully, challenging for the ball and holding it up. It also plays to his strength in the air. This time last year he looked washed up and on the way out. Now he might play an important part in United’s revival.”

source=http://backpageheadlines.com/former-england-legend-names-the-most-important-man-utd-player/20141

(1) (2) (3) ... (1643) (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.