Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723979 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

37million pounds is too much for him, if we can get him for less than 30m ok.
He has only one obvious flaw......he struggles when attacked with pace, that could be a liability in the EPL. Outside that he is an absolute beast.....physically in the class of Yaya, Matic and Wanyama. He has lots of PAWA, elampiro will love him

£37m is his buy-out clause.....
there's no way at least 5 big clubs won't be coming for him after his performance in this tournament. he's easily the best player in the competition alongside his team mate(bernado silva) at the tip of the diamond.

the last time elampiro loved a pawaful player, it didn't go well. paulinho is on his way to china grin cheesy cheesy the same paulinho is the reason carragher would be putting on a man utd shirt.

afrodoc2:

And if it comes down to Schneiderlin or Willy Carvalho i would choose Morgan with his versatility,EPL experience which makes him less of a risk at this time. Carvalho might have a higher ceiling though

of course, MS is the better player by a distance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yeah.
Reading rumors that Vidal is going to sign for Arsenal at 21million pounds.
It is very obvious that when clubs hear United they start asking for ridiculous sums. A good example is Clyne that is likely on his way to Liverpool for btw 10 and 15m pounds.....Southampton was demanding double that from us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

Yeah.
It is very obvious that when clubs hear United they start asking for ridiculous sums. A good example is Clyne that is likely on his way to Liverpool for btw 10 and 15m pounds.....Southampton was demanding double that from us

if mike adenuga ever walks to a suya stand, the price would double. stop comparing us to lilliputs like arsenal & liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

if mike adenuga ever walks to a suya stand, the price would double. stop comparing us to lilliputs like arsenal & liverpool.

LOL @liliputs.
But at those prices we better ensure we don't get bad markets. Next season will determine if Di Maria is a bad market.
This transfer season is very crucial, LVG has no excuses this time around. He and Woodw have had all the time possible, they should get our new players in early so they can fit in during the whole preseason.
I dont want to see any mid season tweaking and switching of formations. Do all the lab testing during preseason.....and please know more "genius" ideas like 3-5-2, 3-4-3 e.t.c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tval(m): 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

Words!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

LOL @liliputs.
But at those prices we better ensure we don't get bad markets. Next season will determine if Di Maria is a bad market.

di maria will click next season.
with a proper preseason under his belt, he has no excuses.

This transfer season is very crucial, LVG has no excuses this time around. He and Woodw have had all the time possible, they should get our new players in early so they can fit in during the whole preseason.

MS is in the bag already. all we need now is 1-2 defenders & at least 2 top level strikers.

I dont want to see any mid season tweaking and switching of formations. Do all the lab testing during preseason.....and please know more "genius" ideas like 3-5-2, 3-4-3 e.t.c

LVG is a 4-3-3 man
the imbalance in the team last year was the reason he had to use odd formations. 3-4 more players would see us through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:
where's raumdeuter?
he should come & explain how his boys lost 0-5 to the portuguese under-21.

i take back everything i said about william carvalho. he was an absolute monster in this competition, he ate the german midfield like pop corn.

@£37m, LVG should look at him.
It's an age-grade competition.
£37 million for just a handful of games is a bit of a gamble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
StarBoard:

It's an age-grade competition.
£37 million for just a handful of games is a bit of a gamble.

the only flaw you can easily observe in carvalho is his slow pace. with time, he would learn how to position himself so he doesn't have to run like a lunatic to make last ditch tackles.

carvalho looks destined to be a world class player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

whether RB or CB, he would improve us in the defence. he's a goal threat from set piece. apart from smalling, which of our defenders can you count on to stick his head & attack the ball in a crowded box?
we agree that he is vastly experienced.
He will probably add another dimension to us defensively.
but the price we are quoting to lure him here is a little bit not sensible.

coogar:

jones is a big for nothing möron - i cannot remember anytime jones has scored a header directly from a corner or a crossed freekick. we are in europe now, we need goal threats from every department of the team.
Are we still talking about that lumbering gargantuan?
coogar:

if ramos wants to genuinely come to us, we should go & get him.
I just feel he is using this to get a new contract. Nothing concrete has come out of the desire of Ramos to play for United thus far. Not even a slight hint.

coogar:

90% of those red card incidents are normal play in the PL. la liga referees are dïckheads & we don't have beef matches like el-clasico here in england. the beef is amongst the fans, not with the players.
Maybe so but his disciplinary record is shocking even in that regard. The Otamendis and Godins and Piques and co in the same La Ligament don't pick up cards the way this fellow does.
He is rather rash in his approach sometimes and most times gets caught out position-wise but makes up for it by scoring goals. But he has won everything there is to win in the game and that should count for something though I think that has more to do with him being paired with exceptional teammates.
I'm jus t bothered by the price tag.
coogar:

madrid are painting ramos as a traitor - that was the same thing they did to di maria.
Let's see how this plays out. There's no such thing as a straightforward transfer situation involving Real. Ramos could end up a United player but it's not going to be simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

the only flaw you can easily observe in carvalho is his slow pace. with time, he would learn how to position himself so he doesn't have to run like a lunatic to make last ditch tackles.

carvalho looks destined to be a world class player.
All you have said might be correct, but £37 million is not wise for someone who isn't yet an established international for his country in my view.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
StarBoard:

All you have said might be correct, but £37 million is not wise for someone who isn't yet an established international for his country in my view.

huh??
he's only 23.....and he's already better than mascherano. this guy is the real deal....if he can perfect his positioning, he's easily the next vieira.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

huh??
he's only 23.....and he's already better than mascherano. this guy is the real deal....if he can perfect his positioning, he's easily the next vieira.
Therein lies my problem. why pay so much for someone who is being touted as the next whomever?
And where did your sudden fascination with gorilla type players? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
StarBoard:

Therein lies my problem. why pay so much for someone who is being touted as the next whomever?
And where did your sudden fascination with gorilla type players? grin

that's the unique thing about him.
he has no pace at all - he just uses his body to shield the ball & makes simple passes that set off attacks. he's makelele with a big body. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

huh??
This is what u call 'Player crush'........

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

Yeah.
na craze dey worry dem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
United going for coleman Saw it on skysports today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by notoriousbabe: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

wooooooords
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
To be honest, William Carvalho is a class act...
There's a silva in Monaco, a very creative player, watched him make of mockery of Juventus midfield #ucl don't why no big team is interested in his signature...Any news on him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
weedtaker:
United going for coleman Saw it on skysports today.

another good buy!
he's an outstanding fullback - the irish cafu!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

the irish cafu!
grin grin grin i pray/hope so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

huh??
haha guy willam carvalho better than mascherano this must be a joke
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

another good buy!
he's an outstanding fullback - the irish cafu!
guy i like the way u overhype players irish cafu ko irish potato ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
weedtaker:
grin grin grin i pray/hope so.

in the last 3 seasons....

coleman: 11 goals, 9 assists
valencia: 5 goals, 12 assists

•valencia played more games
•valencia played mostly as a winger as opposed to a fullback
•valencia played with better team mates

it's safe to say coleman is much much better as a RB than valencia.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Carvalho @ 37m mama charlie?? why na?
£27m fair price. if he had good pace, yeah but there's no guarantee he'll improve his athleticism or even positional sense...

LvG still has Strootman penciled as the ultimate Carrick replacement & surely will make his move next summer, so no Carvalho here @ least till LvG leaves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

Yeah.
thought they were not willing to negotiate their valuation of €43m for Vidal just under a year ago? them see father Christmas mtchew.

Wenger gan go still price am to about £17m, I trust the man undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
With Carrick still around i would get just Schneiderlin. No need spending more money on someone like Willy Carvalho when only one of the 3 would play in LVG's preferred 4-3-3. That money can be better spent getting a world class CB and a world class CF both of whom we need.

Schneidelin, Coleman, Otamendi/Ramos, Depay, Cavani does not look too bad.......one can only hope
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
afrodoc2:

With Carrick still around i would get just Schneiderlin. No need spending more money on someone like Willy Carvalho when only one of the 3 would play in LVG's preferred 4-3-3. That money can be better spent getting a world class CB and a world class CF both of whom we need.

Schneidelin, Coleman, Otamendi/Ramos, Depay, Cavani does not look too bad.......one can only hope

cavani is shyte!
chicharito is better than him - the only player in that french league we should be getting is alexandre lacazette.

he's the best all rounder striker in europe. he's still very young & so he can be modified to suit any tactical approach. i dunno why LVG isn't even paying him any attention.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
SailorXY:

thought they were not willing to negotiate their valuation of €43m for Vidal just under a year ago? them see father Christmas mtchew.

Wenger gan go still price am to about £17m, I trust the man undecided

It is a bad trend and it tells you what other execs think of Woodward. They regard him as a money miss road. Porto would have sold Danilo to us for 35m pounds....abi Madrid too no get money?

Even Carvalho won't go for more than 30m pounds......unless we are the ones to buy him.
We know the money is there but spending it wisely will allow us to acquire a greater number of world class talent.....there is no need to blow 100m on 2 players when better negotiation skills can get you 3 or 4 such players for the same amount.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

cavani is shyte!
chicharito is better than him - the only player in that french league we should be getting is alexandre lacazette.

he's the best all rounder striker in europe. he's still very young & so he can be modified to suit any tactical approach. i dunno why LVG isn't even paying him any attention.

Maybe he is afraid he is a flash in the pan.
Cavani in the last 2 seasons has averaged slightly better than 1 goal in 2 matches in the league despite being played out of position. He might not be the best striker out there but for the next few years he is going to be better than RVP or Falcao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chicharito is a limited footballer. Very good finisher but limited as a player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
coogar:

in the last 3 seasons....

coleman: 11 goals, 9 assists
valencia: 5 goals, 12 assists

•valencia played more games
•valencia played mostly as a winger as opposed to a fullback
•valencia played with better team mates

it's safe to say coleman is much much better as a RB than valencia.
well stats don't lie, i admire him very much, cuz of his abilities going forward (and cuz he can also cross with his left foot unlike val)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
28th June 2014.

elampiro:
How do you guys see William Carvalnho? The guy is like a snail but he is a pass master. He is able to wringle himself out of difficulty to create so much space for his game. He makes it look simple but I couldn't see speed. Can he cope or adapt his game to suit the EPL? His game looks too neat womewhat. Against USA he had 43/44 correct passes. 8/8 long balls in just one half- the 2nd highest. He seems to be a master of long balls. He makes the highest number of accurate long balls in matches he plays. His tackles are usually the highest too, impressive for a DM.

29th Junes 2014.
elampiro:

Where exactly did Vidal play at this word cup? I couldn't assess him as a DM. Carvalho is a straight DM, he is comfortable on a one man deep lying midfielder. He will be good for a team like Barca.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: chrisley024(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.