Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8755551 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ocephraim(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ramos will be a nice buy... Not many pacey quality Center backs out there.
Just hoping not to read "Ramos seals new lucrative Madrid deal"
....with Schneiderlin/Schweini/Bender or...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
after 11 years and 13 titles, this is how cech is thanked for his good service. Vile manager, vile club, vile fans. This is why some Chelsea fans should be lined along a very busy expressway for a week. I can never imagine Van der sar being treated this way if he had joined a rival club

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hope not another chasing of shadows. Get Otamendi and other needed players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
weedtaker:
Phil jones signs new man.united deal, tying him to the club till june 2019.. Elampiro go use dis one slaughter some people here o (i no mention name o grin

I got to accept that may be we see things differently, otherwise, I didnt know why any United fan wanted Jones sold. I wonder if that was because of arguments here over time because in other forums outside nairaland, it's not same feelings. I never for once thought they would sell him. It shouldn't have made any sense selling a developing 23 years old offering such a good performance from his less comfortable LCB. He did better in that LCB than Rojo and Samlling. Smalling was even more nervous when he was used there. Rojo and Evans are the most comfortable in the LCB, but that comfort didn't appear to compensate for their individual weaknesses they have playing as centre backs. Hence Rojo became a back up LCB to Jones in the push for top 4 finish.

I thought even if Jones got sold for any reason, it would be to another big team and that he was going to prove many people wrong.

When we went 6/6 straight wins, he played 5 of the matches striking a good partnership with Smalling. He got injured after the Man City game. Then returned to help stabilize our defence for the final push for top 4 finish when we defeated Palace and drew against Arsenal and Hull. He also has all the defensive stats to back him up at the end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
joeace2020:
after 11 years and 13 titles, this is how cech is thanked for his good service. Vile manager, vile club, vile fans. This is why some Chelsea fans should be lined along a very busy expressway for a week. I can never imagine Van der sar being treated this way if he had joined a rival club
Chelsea fans, not surprised!!!!! Nope! Not one bit!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Chelsea fans, not surprised!!!!! Nope! Not one bit!!

To be fair, I've found that most of all clubs in England contain their own share of complete scumbag morons as fans.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2015
I think Rojo major problem is that he doesn't know how to act as a sweeper behind his co-centre back. If Smalling is beaten, you are most likely to see Jones chasing and closing down the striker. Same thing Smalling does when Jones is beaten. But Rojo doesn't often do that in my opinion. When the defence line is beaten, next the striker heads straight unchallenged to DDG most of the time when the partnership is not Smalling and Jones.

Jones also has an advantage of high interceptions. He also tackles high. These two attributes help him to nullify threats high up the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
Starboard:
I just feel he is using this to get a new contract. Nothing concrete has come out of the desire of Ramos to play for United thus far. Not even a slight hint.

like play like play...the rumour is drifting towards reality. ramos has told real madrid he wants to come to man utd. united have tabled their bid for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
coogar:

like play like play...the rumour is drifting towards reality. ramos has told real madrid he wants to come to man utd. united have tabled their bid for him.
£28.4m according to the new reports which United will not improve upon {for good fvcckin reason} while Real want £60m {with jazz maybe}.

loooks a dead end to me...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
joeace2020:
Cech is a good bit of business by Wenger even if Ospina is also very good & I doubt he'll be prepared to play second fiddle @ this stage of his career so a move is imminent there.

another center back to replace Per, another defensive midfielder & a "goal-scoring" CF then we may begin to see the Arsenal of old once again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 12:18am On Jun 30, 2015
coogar:
where's raumdeuter?
he should come & explain how his boys lost 0-5 to the portuguese under-21.

i take back everything i said about william carvalho. he was an absolute monster in this competition, he ate the german midfield like pop corn.

@£37m, LVG should look at him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:09am On Jun 30, 2015
Ramos,? Absolutely

Turan, not too sure what to make of the rumours, not to talk of the actuall move
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 30, 2015
coogar:

I give you that.
However this has to be seen to be believed.
Until he is strutting out at old trafford in a United jersey, I will still remain calm.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 30, 2015
SailorXY:
£28.4m according to the new reports which United will not improve upon {for good fvcckin reason} while Real want £60m {with jazz maybe}.

loooks a dead end to me...
Actually it looks like advantage United.
Real want De Gea badly and will do United's bidding. Turns out we call the shots now that it looks like Ramos wants to join us.
We will see how this turns out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:06am On Jun 30, 2015
StarBoard:

Actually it looks like advantage United.
Real want De Gea badly and will do United's bidding. Turns out we call the shots now that it looks like Ramos wants to join us.
We will see how this turns out.
LvG is not prepared to lose de Gea this summer the way I see it cuz he would have definitely made a move for Cech even with all those 'London' lullabies. it was reported 3 days back that he actively blocked any de Gea's move which enraged the Madrid mouthpiece Marca.

it is possible that LvG & Woody found an opening with the little discontent & is now hanging onto this Ramos negotiations.

so Ramos may be using United to force an improved deal for himself, while United may be also using Ramos to kill hopes of any low bid for de Gea.

xo could be win win for everyone
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:10am On Jun 30, 2015
City also makes a bid for Ramos.

Let the power play begin. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by saintwill(m): 9:12am On Jun 30, 2015
@ SailorXY

so what abt valencia's otamendi is the bidding still going on or it now ramos or no defender for man utd
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:17am On Jun 30, 2015
saintwill:
@ SailorXY

so what abt valencia's otamendi is the bidding still going on or it now ramos or no defender for man utd
reports suggest any move for Otamendi will be after his assignments in the COPA tourney.

as for the man himself, he's made it clear he'll move away from Spain via his agent [not rumor]. I think we'll just pay around the release clause @ £35m to make him join up on time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2015
can MUFC please sign Novak Djokovic too? The guy is a huge joy to watch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 30, 2015
SailorXY:

LvG is not prepared to lose de Gea this summer the way I see it cuz he would have definitely made a move for Cech even with all those 'London' lullabies. it was reported 3 days back that he actively blocked any de Gea's move which enraged the Madrid mouthpiece Marca.

it is possible that LvG & Woody found an opening with the little discontent & is now hanging onto this Ramos negotiations.

so Ramos may be using United to force an improved deal for himself, while United may be also using Ramos to kill hopes of any low bid for de Gea.

xo could be win win for everyone
If the rumours we hear are true about Ramos wanting out, then I think we hold all the aces in this saga.
It's worth nothing that there are several sub-plots in this whole thing, some of which you have highlighted.

But in the end, it looks like Real are losing ground to me. Not to say that situations may not change very soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2015
Reports are suggesting dat Arda Turan will fly in for medicals at OT in d coming days ...rumors it remains even though his agent has said dat he will move to an EPL club in d coming days. Chelsea is also another destination for the attacking midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2015
I laugh man united in swahili.. ramos? that red card carrier of a player? to even think he plays for la liga were body contact is less. Another dumb signing looming. lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2015
hensben:
I laugh man united in swahili.. ramos? that red card career of a player? to even think he plays for la liga were body contact is less. Another dumb signing looming. lol
U no dey tire?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2015
Trolls never tire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Told you ghuys that 'em trolls are so fvcking daft
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Told you ghuys that 'em trolls are so fvcking daft
If he trolled sensibly, I could understand.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
Arda Turan ke? Are we gonna play 4-6-0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
If pique flopped hard at man united what make you guys think ramos will be different..In history of EPL spanish defenders never do well #check.

How come this ninjas never know this fact yet they claim to know it all.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
We would have signed Cech if not that Valdez came our way. I have an extremely high regard for Cech.

I pray Valdez live up. My only worry about Valdez is his height. He is a goalkeeper who goes for aerial balls and crosses. I hope his height will not let him down in the EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2015
elampiro:
We would have signed Cech if not that Valdez came our way. I have an extremely high regard for Cech.

I pray Valdez live up. My only worry about Valdez is his height. He is a goalkeeper who goes for aerial balls and crosses. I hope his height will not let him down in the EPL.
he can't deal with aerial ball as we saw in the last game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
who dey link us to Arda Tufan all the time sef? which wing he wan play maka Chukwu
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
Deleted

(1) (2) (3) ... (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.