Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8684392 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:41am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

That's Romero who started only 10 games in the last two seasons...and not due to injury.

Same Romero that could not displace Emilio Viviano?

Great signing King Louis!
he's a back up, an experienced one so its a good signing.
not as bad as your Begovic recommendations to be our no. 1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

That's Romero who started only 10 games in the last two seasons...and not due to injury.

Are you forgetting it was same keeper who got to the WC and COPA final with Argentina? BTW, he's a backup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2015
elampiro:
This is a very long one. Full transcript of Gaal's interview. Here you will know his mind. Happy reading.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11763986/Manchester-United-manager-Louis-van-Gaal-on-chasing-Cristiano-Ronaldo-spending-big-and-that-awards-dinner.html
Good he's aware we're lacking in creating of chances.

He wants to try out Januzaj in the striker's position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:54am On Jul 27, 2015
Sam Johnstone should have been made the 2nd keeper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 7:58am On Jul 27, 2015
SailorXY:
he's a back up, an experienced one so its a good signing.
not as bad as your Begovic recommendations to be our no. 1

Are you kidding me?

Begovic was no 1 at Stoke and widely regarded as one of the better keepers in the league.

Romero has been a professional backup for the last 3 seasons, and has been without a contract for the last 2 months after being released by Sampdoria.

His appearance at the WC and Copa final was only because he had the forwards to fire his team through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2015
chrisley024:
Sam Johnstone should have been made the 2nd keeper.
and if he flops like Ben Forster nko? You can't judge a player by just a few positives ,we need experience n Romero can give us dat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Are you kidding me?

Begovic was no 1 at Stoke and widely regarded as one of the better keepers in the league.

Romero has been a professional backup for the last 3 seasons, and has been without a contract for the last 2 months after being released by Sampdoria.

His appearance at the WC and Copa final was only because he had the forwards to fire his team through.
what r u trying to get at? dat LVG made a wrong signing? He is a backup goalie to de gea, he has experience (both the world cup n d copa) n he was gotten for free so what's the problem?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:03am On Jul 27, 2015
Guys is Nick Powell still a united player cos there is no sight of him at all?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:42am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

You no dey sleep?
lol sleep at this stage na one luxury wey I fit barely afford o grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2015
parrotibaba:
and if he flops like Ben Forster nko? You can't judge a player by just a few positives ,we need experience n Romero can give us dat.
Well, below is why he got him:

“I know him very well and I think in our situation, if De Gea is going or not going, it is always a threat and we have to take care, make sure that we are prepared and that is why I think it is very good that Sergio Romero is now a Manchester United player.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Nihilist??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist no dhey quote me when you no wan provoke me

You are the only Chelsea fan that I respect in this thread

So let it be that way.. . If you quote me aqain in an ardent way

I'mma find you, and I'll slap understanding into ya life. So that next time you'll always understand me before quoting negatively
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2015
chrisley024:

“I know him very well and I think in our situation, if De Gea is going or not going, it is always a threat and we have to take care, make sure that we are prepared and that is why I think it is very good that Sergio Romero is now a Manchester United player.”
My happiness is that Mr. Plato knows so well that we need creative players... alot of them. .. He mentioned we need to compete with the bigger teams in Europe...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2015
parrotibaba:
Guys is Nick Powell still a united player cos there is no sight of him at all?
✔ ✔ Forget Powell, LvG is selling him already

*Sad though*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 27, 2015
PietroRico:
lol sleep at this stage na one luxury wey I fit barely afford o grin
Sorry!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
My happiness is that Mr. Plato knows so well that we need creative players... alot of them. .. He mentioned we need to compete with the bigger teams in Europe...
Let Plato do the needful instead of spitting to the press.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Nihilist no dhey quote me when you no wan provoke me

You are the only Chelsea fan that I respect in this thread

So let it be that way.. . If you quote me aqain in an ardent way

I'mma find you, and I'll slap understanding into ya life. So that next time you'll always understand me before quoting negatively

Slap with which hand? cheesy

Boss PM your location to jackbauersballs@gmail.com

I will save you the stress of finding me so that I can recieve that slap.

It's one thing to yab.It's another to physically threaten.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ZUBY77(m): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2015
chrisley024:

Jasper Cillessen of Ajax is already half done.. He is kept on standby already in case De Gea departs..
Romero knows he is a backup.
Mafia business is undergoing between LvG and Dutch Players.
Do you think United priced Depay more than other clubs? Chelsea would pay 35m pounds for Depay. But he chose to stay under his master LvG.

My point is that De Gea is our number one.. If he leaves, Cillessen comes in immediately.
Ajax can't hold on to him if Man United wants him.

Remember LvG won Champions League with Ajax.. Sometimes you just have to pay back..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

Sorry!!!
sorry? .. Anyway thanks sir
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2015
PietroRico:
sorry? .. Anyway thanks sir
No, as per say you don turn insomniac.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 27, 2015
ZUBY77:

Jasper Cillessen of Ajax is already half done.. He is kept on standby already in case De Gea departs..
Romero knows he is a backup.
Mafia business is undergoing between LvG and Dutch Players.
Do you think United priced Depay more than other clubs? Chelsea would pay 35m pounds for Depay. But he chose to stay under his master LvG.

My point is that De Gea is our number one.. If he leaves, Cillessen comes in immediately.
Ajax can't hold on to him if Man United wants him.

Remember LvG won Champions League with Ajax.. Sometimes you just have to pay back..

These days there is no such thing as overpriced.
Just get the player,no matter the tag. That's the way of the business lately.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Slap with which hand? cheesy

Boss PM your location to jackbauersballs@gmail.com

I will save you the stress of finding me so that I can recieve that slap.

It's one thing to yab.It's another to physically threaten.
grin

Don't worry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:21am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

✔ ✔

3 days from now... We'll get more signings

Quote me after this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2015
lekkie073:
nasri aguero and milner....
Another association of midgets were able to put four past the stoke giants....

with the backing of beasts like toure, kompany, mangala, fernandinho & fernando. who do we have? van gaal has complained already that we have too many midgets in the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:29am On Jul 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
grin

Don't worry

Good.

Make just keep am cool. Me sef respect you.

One love
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔

3 days from now... We'll get more signings

Quote me after this
Ok o.
Thursday morning, expect my memo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:33am On Jul 27, 2015
coogar:

with the backing of beasts like toure, kompany, mangala, fernandinho & fernando. who do we have? van gaal has complained already that we have too many midgets in the team.
Coogar, Pedro is okay

He'll could help by creating chances

Though he's not really a striker to me, buh he can help mata, rooney & depay to score goals... . ADM is gone already

So i don't even know who LvG is after Cognizant to tha fact he's rebuffed CR7 transfer. .. He was asked if the was any possibility of CR7 joining us. .. He replied "Maybe he'll come but it's not possible"

So I think he wants to add more creative players to the team with ADM's transfer proceeds
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:34am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Good.

Make just keep am cool. Me sef respect you.

One love
✔ ✔ Same brov

So how's it going down Mou with transfers?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

The issue here is the player. Who and who is available?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ Same brov

So how's it going down Mou with transfers?

Mou na ode this window. Either that or his hands have been tied by the powers that be.

28 million on stones is the height of madness, especially when we still need a CM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

No, as per say you don turn insomniac.
grin
lol... no be only
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2015
SailorXY:
I have not drawn conclusions from the result, we all know its a friendly. what I have stated were observations but I don't know why everyone is quick to remind us that it was the same on last season's friendlies
firstly, LvG has a year experience in the EPL along his signings from last term - unless you want to tell me it doesn't mean nothing
secondly, no two seasons are the same
thirdly, both teams played to win the game so I don't know why people stress a deserved win is unimportant. will you prefer we play poorly & lose?
thirdly, barca is a formidable opposition without Messi but a super team with Messi #fact. take out Messi & drop him into Chelshit, Arsenal or United they become super teams. its the edge Madrid also get with CR & Bayern also get from Robben albeit to a lesser degree.
we could get the edge from Rooney but that is story for another day.
lastly, the performance was up there & the combinations in small patches of the field, especially Darmian-Mata-Depay, Shaw-Schneiderlin-Young was exciting.

I was responding to your statement that Barca without Messi is just there.

First of all any team that has the best player in the world taken off its lineup would suffer from it be it Barca with Messi, Real with C.Ronaldo or Brazil with Pele.
However this Barca team without Messi still has possibly 2 out of the 7 best players in the world i dont think its accurate to say they 'just there' especially after a preseason game. 7 to 8 of their players would walk into our starting lineup at this moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1829) (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: joezy23(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.