Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8755880 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) ... (14158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 9:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Lol @plato...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 27, 2015
chrisley024:
The issue here is the player. Who and who is available?
I'm waiting to see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Mou na ode this window. Either that or his hands have been tied by the powers that be.

28 million on stones is the height of madness, especially when we still need a CM
✔ ✔ What do you expect?

Brit things.. . Mou said he doesn't need much recruits

That he's team is quite okay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2015
LVG-Ashley Young is not Neymar

I know he wanna come out as tough,brutal and an interesting coach, but not at the expense of the confidence of a guy who gave everything last season...

Wait,didn't he bench Angel for Ashley young?? this bro is not to okay

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2015
bigkesh:

I know he wanna come out as tough,brutal and an interesting coach, but not at the expense of the confidence of a guy who gave everything last season...

LVG talks too much and we have always known he is a bit unstable ( maybe more than a bit). Lets hope his tactical acumen surpasses his psychological immaturity
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Mou na ode this window. Either that or his hands have been tied by the powers that be.

28 million on stones is the height of madness, especially when we still need a CM

Who would like to exit your squad and who would u like in?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2015
bigkesh:

why r u guys taking what he said out of context? This is what he said...

“We look for more creativity. Now we have
Wayne, Mata, Depay, Young, Januzaj, Wilson,
Herrera. Young has had a fantastic season but he
is not a Neymar and we have to compete with
that kind of class.”

This has in no way downplayed Ashley young's contributions to d team. He is not in d same calibre as d likes if Neymar ,Reus ,Mueller ,James, etc. The 2nd n third sentences highlighted his praise for Young ,the last sentence speaks of his expectations of d kind of players he wants in other to compete with the world's best n Ashley Young is not going to get us dia. I think he said d plain truth in his way (we all know dat Aloysius struggles with English)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2015
afrodoc2:

Who would like to exit your squad and who would u like in?

Mikel and Cuadrado out

my ideal Mikel signing would be Pogba, though I would also have been extremely happy with Milner.

I like Oxlade Chamberlain a lot too, but my ideal replacement for Cuadrado would be C. Ororo. grin
JayKayMaybachz:
✔ ✔ What do you expect?
Brit things.. . Mou said he doesn't need much recruits
That he's team is quite okay

The team is very OK, but I feel if we must spend 28 million, we should spend it on a player that actually improves the team.

Stones will not even see shirt till maybe next season when JT retires. That money is too much for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Mikel and Cuadrado out

my ideal Mikel signing would be Pogba, though I would also have been extremely happy with Milner.

I like Oxlade Chamberlain a lot too, but my ideal replacement for Cuadrado would be C. Ororo. grin

The team is very OK, but I feel if we must spend 28 million, we should spend it on a player that actually improves the team.

Stones will not even see shirt till maybe next season when JT retires. That money is too much for him
✔ ✔ Cr7 hahahahaa you can't brov

The only team in England to get him is Utd.. Financially i mean... but this is football.. That Cuadrado na something else hhehehehehehe.. . Flop of the century.. as for stones, y'al get him that way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:32am On Jul 27, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Coogar, Pedro is okay

He'll could help by creating chances

Though he's not really a striker to me, buh he can help mata, rooney & depay to score goals... . ADM is gone already

So i don't even know who LvG is after Cognizant to tha fact he's rebuffed CR7 transfer. .. He was asked if the was any possibility of CR7 joining us. .. He replied "Maybe he'll come but it's not possible"

So I think he wants to add more creative players to the team with ADM's transfer proceeds

he's not okay......
there are better alternatives at this moment in time.....

Nihilist:
That's Romero who started only 10 games in the last two seasons...and not due to injury.

Same Romero that could not displace Emilio Viviano?

Great signing King Louis!

the same romero is the #1 goalie of argentina that is currently number one club in FIFA ranking. it's fair to say you are either high on shrooms or angel dust to believe the nonsense you typed up there. you mean a huge football nation like argentina cannot do better than romero? what is it with chelsea fans and their uncanny ability to let shyte fall out of their mouths?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2015
parrotibaba:
why r u guys taking what he said out of context? This is what he said...

This has in no way downplayed Ashley young's contributions to d team. He is not in d same calibre as d likes if Neymar ,Reus ,Mueller ,James, etc. The 2nd n third sentences highlighted his praise for Young ,the last sentence speaks of his expectations of d kind of players he wants in other to compete with the world's best n Ashley Young is not going to get us dia. I think he said d plain truth in his way (we all know dat Aloysius struggles with English)
he should learn how to answer the press. He could have just said he needs more player to add creativity instead of that which can affect his confidence. Who doesn't know Neymar is better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2015
coogar:

he's not okay......
there are better alternatives at this moment in time.....

But are the alternatives realistic?
I'm not a fan of the Pedro signing, but we might just have to settle for that option.

Reus is definitely not within reach at this point in time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2015
chrisley024:
he should learn how to answer the press. He could have just said he needs more player to add creativity instead of that which can affect his confidence. Who doesn't know Neymar is better.

Plato is too brutally honest to a fault.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2015
chrisley024:
✔ ✔ There's nothing wrong with what he said

Don't get it twisted brov... Let's just chill
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2015
coogar:

the same romero is the #1 goalie of argentina that is currently number one club in FIFA ranking. it's fair to say you are either high on shrooms or angel dust to believe the nonsense you typed up there. you mean a huge football nation like argentina cannot do better than romero? what is it with chelsea fans and their uncanny ability to let shyte fall out of their mouths?

My friend shut up if you have nothing reasonable to say.

Romero is a professional number 2, that's why he has played less than 15 games in the last 2 seasons whilst being fully fit.

He was a number 2 at sampdoria. Went on loan to Monaco to become number 2 there. Came back to Sampdoria to become number 2 again. Was released from his contract.

Then signed for Manyoo as a number 2 again. That he is a the number 1 keeper for Argentina merely underlines the paucity of options they have in that department.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 10:47am On Jul 27, 2015
grin. I personally liked what LVG said about ashley young! His numbers and play is quite average compared 2 other world class wingers in europe! So he needs 2 do more before crying about a new contract! After almost 8yrs of mediocrity, is it 1 season of flash in the pan performances that should change his status?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

I'm not a fan of the Pedro signing, but we might just have to settle for that option.

✔ ✔ My point exactly

I thing Pedro will suit Mr. Plato's philosophy

And he may come good like Mata and Herrera
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

all of them are within reach and no club has made official bids for them. wolfsburg's chief confessed this morning that no club has made any bid for kevin de bryne(what are we waiting for?) i'm also sure there are no bids on the table for reus, griezmann, etc. if we are going to lose di maria, we need another marquee signing. money is not the issue for us anymore........it's about making a statement.

LVG's interview this morning on skysports had him admitting we still need a forward with pace, creativity and goals.

Nihilist:

Romero is a professional number 2, that's why he has played less than 15 games in the last 2 seasons whilst being fully fit.
He was a number 2 at sampdoria. Went on loan to Monaco to become number 2 there. Came back to Sampdoria to become number 2 again. Was released from his contract.
Then signed for Manyoo as a number 2 again. That he is a the number 1 keeper for Argentina merely underlines the paucity of options they have in that department.

this is stupidity at it's sterling quality.....
so you mean argentina as a nation have no one that isn't a back up goalkeeper on the planet? romero won the dutch league for az alkmaar with van gaal in 08/09 season.....he kept about 1,000 minute of clean sheet that season. he's won olympic gold for argentina, he was part of the team that came 2nd at the world cup & 2nd again in the recent copa america. it's fair to say chelsea fc have never had a goalie as good as romero in their entire history.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2015
coogar:

all of them are within reach and no club has made official bids for them. wolfsburg's chief confessed this morning that no club has made any bid for kevin de bryne(what are we waiting for?) i'm also sure there are no bids on the table for reus, griezmann, etc. if we are going to lose di maria, we need another marquee signing. money is not the issue for us anymore........it's about making a statement.

LVG's interview this morning on skysports had him admitting we still need a forward with pace, creativity and goals.

I have always liked Reus, he would excel in this team and this league BARRING injury problems.
I would take him ahead of ADM,KDB griezmann or pedro.........the only conflict would be a choice between Reus and Muller.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2015
afrodoc2:

I have always liked Reus, he would excel in this team and this league BARRING injury problems.
I would take him ahead of ADM,KDB griezmann or pedro.........the only conflict would be a choice between Reus and Muller.

reus all fecking day cos he has pace for days. muller has shot & tekkers but no pace.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2015
afrodoc2:

My guy we don't need any REUS! Dat guys bones are made from biscuits! He's always injured and misses months out of a season due 2 dis facts! It would be a waste of cash!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Mikel and Cuadrado out

What do you think of Witsel or a Bender twin to replace Mikel?
What happened to Josh Mcceachran, i was so sure that boy would make it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2015
funlord:

My guy we don't need any REUS! Dat guys bones are made from biscuits! He's always injured and misses months out of a season due 2 dis facts! It would be a waste of cash!
I tell you, if Man u gets a winger/forward who isn't physical like Sanchez or one who can get kicked week in, week out like Hazard and still doesn't get injured but goes about his game like nothing happened, he's probably gonna end up like Di Maria too.
Dem no born Reus nd Gotze well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2015
StarBoard:

Plato is too brutally honest to a fault.
he said it exactly how it should be said abeg, no time.

Young starting in attack for us mean we are still some way behind the elites irrespective of form & I can only blame di Maria for that. we can only hope the better players {either within or new comers} earn the spot.

we can still line up in the final third like:
Mata - Herrera - Depay
- - - - - Rooney - - - - -

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chelseafan1: 11:10am On Jul 27, 2015
afrodoc2:

One of the Bender twin, I think Lars is very strong....he will be a good buy IMO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2015
afrodoc2:

Mceachcran has moved to Brentford.

I don't know much about that Witsel to make an informed decision, but his ex chic is phwoarrrrrr
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2015
coogar:

reus all fecking day cos he has pace for days. muller has shot & tekkers but no pace.

If Reus fitness was guaranteed yes. You can't discount Muller's superior fitness levels though and 2 things in which Muller is at the very top level of football...... INTELLIGENCE and WINNING MENTALITY.

Personally the 3 guys i most wanted us to sign in the last 3 or 4 years have been Modric, Bale and Reus but i have been disappointed each time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Mceachcran has moved to Brentford.

I don't know much about that Witsel to make an informed decision, but his ex chic is phwoarrrrrr

You be ashawo cheesy
I really liked Witsel when he was in Portugal, faster and tidier than Fellaini......i think definite upgrade on Mikel.

Kai Chelsea is a youth player's grave yard sha.
With all the promising left backs you guys produced in the last few years u still went and signed Luis for millions of dollars.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lordemperoris100(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2015
grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2015
coogar:

Kevin de bryne?
The midgiest of midgets.
I thought we had gone past that. Is he better than Mata? Just asking because I fon't think we need him.
I can agree with Griezmann (another midget grin )but you yourself said he is likely to be overpriced.

But I get the overall gist of your point.
We need to act fast if we are going to sign anybody of note.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2015
SailorXY:
he said it exactly how it should be said abeg, no time.

Young starting in attack for us mean we are still some way behind the elites irrespective of form & I can only blame di Maria for that. we can only hope the better players {either within or new comers} earn the spot.

we can still line up in the final third like:
Mata - Herrera - Depay
- - - - - Rooney - - - - -

It depends.
Young could look at this in several ways and you wouldn't blame him if he took a position for each view.
For me it's another subliminal message to young that he might not be first eleven barring injury despite his breakout year.

Plato should be a little bit diplomatic when it comes to the media and his players abeg. His comments could affect performance. This is the Young we all but wrote off who became a mainstay n the side after Moyes didn't know what to do with him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
Nihilist:

The guy was second choice to Viviano, the guy Arsenal took on loan and didn't get a game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1830) (1831) (1832) (1833) (1834) (1835) (1836) ... (14158) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: engrelvis(m), machinegunbeg and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.