Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8735497 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) ... (14149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
ESPN better hope Coogar and Sinizia dont see dis grin

LOL. Rooney matter don tire me honestly. I'm not his fan, but i find myself praying for him to give me 20+ goals this season or else we won't smell 5th position sef. His stats are too poor and disgusting for a top tier striker.

Anyway, Gaal has made us stuck with the fatso, let's rally around and support him.

And that pic proves Coógar right that Rooney started mostly as a CF in '12 season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

They just added it this year and you'll still participate in the playoffs.
The Europa league doesn't matter I bet you good money that you can't name the last 5 winners of the tournament
You don't even have the bragging rights to say you're the champions of europe that honours goes to the UCL winner.
so EPL teams intentionally self sabotage by fielding their strongest teams everytime?? So they choose not to win it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
So Rooney has played as a CF for 3 seasons here. Oyah! Tell me another lie, that it was photoshopped. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
sinizia:

LOL. Rooney matter don tire me honestly. I'm not his fan, but i find myself praying for him to give me 20+ goals this season or else we won't smell 5th position sef. His stats are too poor and disgusting for a top tier striker.

Anyway, Gaal has made us stuck with the fatso, let's rally around and support him.

And that pic proves Coógar right that Rooney started mostly as a CF in '12 season

That is a direct lift from whoscored.

You see 2010/2011, the chart stated Rooney played as a CF. It was at the end of that season SAF said Rooney is his number 10.

I don’t intend to go this all over.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
chrisley024:
So Rooney has played as a CF for 3 seasons here. Oyah! Tell me another lie, that it was photoshopped. grin

He has only played one season. That chart (sourced from whoscored) has just exposed the incositency in whoscored formation when they just came on board. Even now they still make mistakes. Although it's now reduced drastically.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
elampiro:

That is a direct lift from whoscored.

You see 2010/2011, the chart stated Rooney played as a CF. It was at the end of that season SAF said Rooney is his number 10.

I don’t intend to go this all over.

LOL. Elamps, abeg, let's not argue this Rooney matter. It won't end meaningfully. Let's just rally around and support Rooney. If he comes good, we'll all benefit from it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2015
elampiro:

That is why EPL is special. Ronaldo scored 41 goals. The following season he was clipped.

You cannot run plenty of goals season after season in the EPL for too long.

How was Carzola a reject?

We can as well call Suarez an EPL reject. We can call Ronaldo an EPL reject?

You call Sanchez a reject. You call Yaya Toure a reject. Any big player who doesn't find space in either Barca and Madrid authomatically losses interest in Laliga. Same thing for any big player who cannot find space in Bayern Munich, the next thing is to look abroad.

But in EPL, big players who cannot find a space in one of the top 5 clubs still finds four other clubs interesting. This is the difference.

SUarez, Bale, Ronaldo Henry, Nistelrooy were all best player in the EPL before moving to La Liga or top scorer

Mention any of those ex-La Liga players who were either best player in SPain or Highest goal scorers before coming to England

SPain keeps their best and send their rejects down to England
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
elampiro:

I don’t know what you are talking about. In the EPL City and Chelsea were tied around new year 2015. Chelsea was crowned champions on May 3rd.

We know the league there is an already winner before it kicks off. Others just participate.

Chelsea topped EPL from AUgust till May

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
Leyqute:

How would you measure the strength of a league?

TV rating has nothing to do with the strenght

EPL TV rating is because of English language being the most spoken language

Beckham was the most popular footballer and media friendly. Yet at no point in time would anyone say he was the best player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
leggo:

head to head with other leagues and quite frankly the EPL has been piss poor.
TV viewership is not objective , do you know how many crap TV shows are still on air due to mass followers?

Beckham has more Facebook, Instagram etc followers than Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo Lima put together should tell us something about media
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

In EPL, there are 7 top teams all vying for a place in Europe while causing problems for each other in d process. And out of dat 7, dere are 4 contending for d title.

So bruh, u need to think deep, reflect on some of ur points and take a look at other leagues b4 u call the EPL an Elephant and rabbit league.

IN EPL in the past 10 yrs the clubs that have made CL are Chelsea, Arsenal, City Man City Man Utd Liverpool and Spurs 7 clubs

That is the least in any league in Europe

Before season starts everyone can say the top 4 is Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and City. If you doubt can you bet $1,000 with me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
coogar:

madrid and barca would be like spurs and villa if they come to the EPL.
the £150m TV money each of them get to buy suarez & neymar while their rivals get only £20m for the past 10 years would not wash in the EPL. this is exactly the point. madrid will not be able to afford the world class players they have always acquired if they were in the premier league.

and this is the mistake most people make....

you have la liga where the top 2 teams have 95% pass mark, the 3rd best team has 80% and others have 30%. EPL have the top 4 teams at 85%, the other 16 teams at 70% each. which of the 2 leagues have the highest overall strength? even a kid of 5 would tell you EPL is the most competitive league in the world.

Aside the La Liag top 3. Valencia have made the CL finals, Sevilla wins Europa cup

Who are the 4 EPL teams at 85%? City that has never made a CL quarters in their life? even Villareal made a semi and Malaga made a quarter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
As far as am concerned, the FA/EPL should be blamed for the decline of English teams in European competitions.
1. The Capital One Cup should be scrapped and the FA Cup should now be played over two legs over the course of the entire season.

2. Teams should now ve winter breaks. While Bundesliga and La Liga teams are busy enjoying the snow and sipping their winter juice EPL teams are busy playing almost 8 extra games with two FA Cup matches between December 1 and January 31.
And by the time Bayern faces Arsenal in the knockout stages, where the likes of muller ve only played like 25 matches season long and players like Cazorla ve already played like 35 matches, wat do u expect d outcome of dat match to be??

Over the winter last season

Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico played more games than EPL sides

So next excuse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
coogar:

europa cup is not taken seriously in england. it's a distraction from the league position's prize money. the only time chelsea took it serious, they won it in flying colours.

This is a big lie.

Europa is taken serious only that the English teams are inferior to La Liga sides
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
leggo:

so EPL teams intentionally self sabotage by fielding their strongest teams everytime?? So they choose not to win it?
To my knowledge they don't I know liverpool left coutinho,steven G,henderson and coutinho for one of their games.
Spurs manager was on record saying he is focus on the league cup final rather than preparing for
Europa.
The only team that seemed to care about the tournament lasted more than the other two and fell in league ranking.
The english teams would prefer carling cup tothe europa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

IN EPL in the past 10 yrs the clubs that have made CL are Chelsea, Arsenal, City Man City Man Utd Liverpool and Spurs 7 clubs

That is the least in any league in Europe

Before season starts everyone can say the top 4 is Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and City. If you doubt can you bet $1,000 with me
dont mind them imagine calling tottenham and liverpool title contender. Only three teams have won the EPL in the last ten years the same thing in spain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
Chelseafan1:

It's better for u to get a basket and keep fetching water into it expecting it will get filled up than try to convince the Barca fans on this thread.
The annoying thing is they know what you are saying is the absolute truth but they will NEVER agree, I mean Never!!!
Who doesn't know EPL is more competitive and Barca is better than ALL of EPL teams??

How is EPL more competitive?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
Only fourteams have won the premier league in the last ten years, four teams have won the la liga in the last ten years
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

To my knowledge they don't I know liverpool left coutinho,steven G,henderson and coutinho for one of their games.
Spurs manager was on record saying he is focus on the league cup final rather than preparing for
Europa.
The only team that seemed to care about the tournament lasted more than the other two and fell in league ranking.

Let me blow you lie out of water sharp sharp before it grows wings

When Liverpool was eliminated by Besiktas they had in their lineup Mignolet, Skrtl, Caan, Sterling, Sturridge

When Everton was knocked out by Kiev they had Howard Coleman, Jaglieka Baines Lukaku

How come Sevilla despite focusing on Europa still finished 5th in Spain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Europa.
another excuse for the premier league teams
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

When Liverpool was eliminated by Besiktas they had in their lineup Mignolet, Skrtl, Caan, Sterling, Sturridge

When Everton was knocked out by Kiev they had Howard Coleman, Jaglieka Baines Lukaku

baba dont argue with them they will always come out with another excuse
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
Imagine 3 of the top 5 top scorers in EPL were ex- La Liga players

3 of the top 5 assist makers in EPL were ex- La Liga players

And they want to tell us about league quality

when its the second rate players that litter the whole EPL
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Coutinho,henderson,sahko,stevie G play the match ?
The question he asked me was strongest team is liverpool without coutinho or henderson a stronger side ?
Did you see me make excuse for everton ?
I said they lasted longer because they obviously cared.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Chelsea topped EPL from AUgust till May

Like Bayern does every year. Bayern always be the first to be crowned champions in elite Leagues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

SUarez, Bale, Ronaldo Henry, Nistelrooy were all best player in the EPL before moving to La Liga or top scorer

Mention any of those ex-La Liga players who were either best player in SPain or Highest goal scorers before coming to England

SPain keeps their best and send their rejects down to England

Henry and Nisreltooy went to play pension football in Spain. Also Beckham. Two of these are players rejected by SAF.

Barca and Madrid keep the reigning players. Madrid sold Di Maria and then bought James. They also try to attract the reigning players. They can afford to do this because the financial power in Spanish football is concentrated in two clubs. This is why in your logic, Ibrahimovic and Robben are also rejects.

When power that should be shared by 20 teams is concentrated in only two teams. Then the league is not good enough. As for Bundesliga... That is a monopolized league.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
elampiro:
Henry and Nisreltooy went to play pension football in Spain. Also Beckham. Two of these are players rejected by SAF.

Barca and Madrid keep the reigning players. Madrid sold Di Maria and then bought James. They also try to attract the reigning players. They can afford to do this because the financial power in Spanish football is concentrated in two clubs. This is why in your logic, Ibrahimovic and Robben are also rejects.

When power that should be shared by 20 teams is concentrated in only two teams. Then the league is not good enough. As for Bundesliga... That is a monopolized league.

Despite the other teams in the league suffering this suffering teams still manage to do better than EPL teams which shows that EPL standard would be like second division in SPain

Show me any of the ex la Liga players dominating EPL now that was top scorer or best player. La Liga takes EPL best players and send their rejects

Di Maria that was begging Ronaldo to help him talk to Perez to retain in Madrid is the most expensive EPL player now

Ibrahimovic and Robben are La Liga rejects no two ways about it

3 of top 5 top scorers were La Liga rejects

3 of top 5 assist makers were La Liga rejects

Shows how low the EPL is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2015
elampiro:

Like Bayern does every year. Bayern always be the first to be crowned champions in elite Leagues.

And EPL are the first to get knocked out of elite Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Coutinho,henderson,sahko,stevie G play the match ?
The question he asked me was strongest team is liverpool without coutinho or henderson a stronger side ?
Did you see me make excuse for everton ?
I said they lasted longer because they obviously cared.

The first leg when they all played Besiktas wasnt it a fraudulent late Balotelli penalty that saved them despite Rodgers telling everyone he would show Europe the Real Liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

And EPL are the first to get knocked out of elite Europe

Chelsea won it 2012. Bayern won it 2013.

In 2014, Two EPL teams played the quarter final. One played the semi. Chelsea played in the semi final. So stop writing like EPL teams played last in semi in 2004.

Best/strong league is not about one or two teams. It's about 20 teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
For lovers of Pre season results

Those who are creaming themselves over Ikedia-Hazard dribbling 4 substitute Barca defenders in a Pre season friendly

Stuttgart a club who barely escaped relegation in the Bundesliga last season is currently dealing with EPL 2nd best team Man City

Result 4-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
raumdeuter:

Despite the other teams in the league suffering this suffering teams still manage to do better than EPL teams which shows that EPL standard would be like second division in SPain

Show me any of the ex la Liga players dominating EPL now that was top scorer or best player. La Liga takes EPL best players and send their rejects

Di Maria that was begging Ronaldo to help him talk to Perez to retain in Madrid is the most expensive EPL player now

Ibrahimovic and Robben are La Liga rejects no two ways about it

3 of top 5 top scorers were La Liga rejects

3 of top 5 assist makers were La Liga rejects

Shows how low the EPL is

Which other teams manage to dominate EPL teams? If you cant point out any one that won the UCL, then close the subject.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2015
elampiro:

Chelsea won it 2012. Bayern won it 2013.

In 2014, Two EPL teams played the quarter final. One played the semi. Chelsea played in the semi final. So stop writing like EPL teams played last in semi in 2004.

Best/strong league is not about one or two teams. It's about 20 teams.

The 20 teams from EPL what have they done in CL or Europa in recent times?

Best league is about 2 teams from the same league playing the Super Cup

Best league is when La Liga wins the CL and Europa league 2 yrs in a row

When at least 2 La Liga teams make the CL semi finals steadily

Atletico, Sevilla, Barcelona Madrid Bilbao(when they destroyed Man Utd) have all made UEFA final in the past 4 years Thats 5 teams in a league of 20

While EPL teams are struggling to make quarter finals.

Madrid beat Liverpool home and away, Barca beat City home and away, Atletico destroyed Chelsea in STamford bridge

That is domination

(1) (2) (3) ... (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) (1855) ... (14149) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Dantedasz(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.