Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8668283 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:35am On Aug 05, 2015
nawa..........Coogar don reach God status for Manu Thread, untop website wey our papa or brother nor get.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2015
Angel Di Maria confirms PSG switch ...

"I am very happy to join Paris Saint-Germain," he told beIN Sports . "What I know about PSG that they are a team who have won all possible titles in France last season. They're very important. "I know too that they want to overcome the obstacle of the quarter-finals in the Champions League. I will try to bring my best to help the team. We'll try to go as far as possible in the Champions League."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 10:24am On Aug 05, 2015
^^coward!

If de Gea is going, let him move on now so we can have time to get a good keeper.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2015
parrotibaba:
Angel Di Maria confirms PSG switch ...

E no go beta for hin mama. coward oshi
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
^^coward!

If de Gea is going, let him move on now so we can have time to get a good keeper.
We have Romero and Johnstone in that area, we are well covered. GGMU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
Keky:

You be dwarf grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edi287: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
raumdeuter:
Guys that went from epl to la liga were the best from the English league they were top scorers and best players in epl none of those who came from LA liga to epl was ever top scorer nor la liga best player
Diego Forlan flopped terribly at manure before he went to the la liga and won the pichichi twice. Still think that the La liga is the best though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Keky:

You're on ur own!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
edi287:

Diego Forlan flopped terribly at manure before he went to the la liga and won the pichichi twice. Still think that the La liga is the best though.

Thierry Henry flopped badly in Serie A came to the EPL and made it his biatch winning top scorer 4 times

Anelka scored 2 league goals in La Liga yet won the EPL top scorer

Santacruz averaged 5 goals a season in Bundesliga for 10yrs came to EPL and netter 19 league goals

Do you need more examples
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by edi287: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Thierry Henry flopped badly in Serie A came to the EPL and made it his biatch winning top scorer 4 times

Anelka scored 2 league goals in La Liga yet won the EPL top scorer

Santacruz averaged 5 goals a season in Bundesliga for 10yrs came to EPL and netter 19 league goals

Do you need more examples
I was talking about your point you made about only the best from EPL being able to top the scoring charts in la liga.
Like I said, I personally think the la liga is the best in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
edi287:

I was talking about your point you made about only the best from EPL being able to top the scoring charts in la liga.
Like I said, I personally think the la liga is the best in Europe.

Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
so finally dis di maria ish na true, Nawa o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Keky:
You this madman! Smh.grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
As well as reeking of dishonesty, badge kissing is among life’s naffer gestures; but when Rafael did it at the Etihad after a stirring 3-2 victory over Manchester City in December 2012, you can be certain he meant it. As the old joke goes: cut him and he literally bleeds red.
-
-
-

It is not easy to say exactly why Rafael loved United so much; as with romantic love, it’s generally instinctive and indefinable. Some players just get it. United have been blessed in modern times with the number of apparent outsiders who did so: the list includes Ruud van Nistelrooy, Patrice Evra, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Jaap Stam and now Rafael. It is apt, therefore, that many of Rafael’s best moments as a United player had very little to do with football. They involved defending, it’s true - defending the honour of the club and, yes, the badge. The most famous was when he went feral on a visibly startled Carlos Tevez at the Etihad in 2010, an image that still provides wallpaper for thousands of browsers. As United became ever more susceptible to bullying in the final years of Ferguson, it often felt that Rafael was the only one who would stand up to opponents.

-
-
-
In the last two and a bit years, Ferguson, Scholes, Giggs, Evra and now Rafael have left Old Trafford. They all understood and cared deeply about the club; how many of the current squad could you say that about? United used to pride themselves on being different to the nouveau riche clubs in particular, of being built on much stronger foundations, but that can no longer be said. This is not a criticism, because the situation is inescapable. The majority of players no longer represent their club; they represent themselves while wearing the club shirt.
-
-
-
-
-
Rafael was different. He loves Manchester United, and many Manchester United fans love him. That he has left the club is unlikely to change that. Cult status, after all, is for life.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/rafael-a-cult-hero_sto4845984/story.shtml

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
[size=15pt]Rafael In Lyon Shirt[/size]

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
[size=15pt]PICTURES: Rafael da Silva’s United career[/size]

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 6:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
The commentator in the Tottenham vs Ac Milan match just said Kane was left out of the squad after Tottenham received a £40M bid from manchester United. I'm scared ooo, 40M is too much for a 21yr old.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Reading this news about Rafeal hurts me more. This dude played for the badge. Never one to ask for salary increase. Gave his all for the club. Never falls out with any coach.

If LvG doesn't win the league this season, he'd be sacked!! How on earth did he allow Raf to leave? WTF is wrong this Plato? He allowed Maria leave without any fuss or recouping our cost money, now Raf? SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
UniqueGem:
The commentator in the Tottenham vs Ac Milan match just said Kane was left out of the squad after Tottenham received a £40M bid from manchester United. I'm scared ooo, 40M is too much for a 21yr old.
Calm down, it isn't happening
The only english striker than can maybe join us, is Charlie Austin.
If the news is true, then spurs fan will just kill daniel levy,kane is like the 2nd coming to them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
UniqueGem:
you dont want them to give us his manual?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hahaha! No trust brits
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Calm down, it isn't happening
The only english striker than can maybe, join us is Charlie Austin.
If the news true then spurs fan will just kill daniel levy,kane is like the 2nd coming to them.

This statement brings a smile to my face and a sexwee in my pants. grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Enoquin(f): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Rafael's departure hurts real bad. embarassed

LVG better know what he is doing. I wasn't impressed with last season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
I will never forget Rafael's strikes against Liverpool n QPR but sadly his career was marred by injuries n fitness concerns. I remember when he first played for Brazil n d happiness dat it gave ,I remember saying "surely he's going to replace Alves n become a regular starter for Brazil after Dani retires from country football" but regrettably it wasn't the case as a host if injuries plagued him. I wish him success at Lyon.

But...

LVG is not to blame for this ,it all began with Moyes indirectly pushing out the core players at united. Within a year ,our team became amateurs ,nothing was working anymore ,the play was crap n d players mediocre. Even the infamous Tom "sideways pass" Cleverly who was seen as d Scholes successor was all of a sudden ,absolutely horrible n Welbeck was horribly exposed as just being there. Things was so bad dat by January ,all our core players had decided to leave n the ones that chose to remain? well de lost dia mojo. And then came Aloysius ,d no nonsense n somewhat hot headed fellow who was handed d cleanup task n swung into action immediately, catching the most of the core united players in his dust n within 2 years ,about 18 players hv exited the door with the strict n eccentric sword wielder having none of it, he plans to build his own team in his own likeness n b4 we realize what is going on ,a new team will step out on the play field.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Man united and Barcelona agree Pedro deal which is worth £22m

Watch this space...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
Double post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
God knows I'll miss Raphael, the tenacity and poise he brought fought is not replaceable...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2015
Nihilist:

This statement brings a smile to my face and a sexwee in my pants. grin grin grin grin
Why ?
Austin has a 2nd choice striker isn't a bad deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 12:23am On Aug 06, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Why ?
Austin has a 2nd choice striker isn't a bad deal.
Don't mind Nihilist. He is just being cocky.grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:44am On Aug 06, 2015
Does it mean Fernabache we're unable to qualify for CL?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 1:56am On Aug 06, 2015
rapheal ma sis favourite united player, gonn miss seeing him in a red jersey ,wishing him success tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:50am On Aug 06, 2015
iheanyi40:
rapheal ma sis favourite united player, gonn miss seeing him in a red jersey ,wishing him success tho
. .. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (1859) (1860) (1861) (1862) (1863) (1864) (1865) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Afz9095(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.