Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8744229 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2443) (2444) (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) ... (14155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
elampiro:

Does he even do his primary job well even as a right back?

Even football has gone past the time full backs just win the ball and throw a long ball forward. Darmian is limited in passing and ball retention.
yes he does
He's only had one bad game and that was against arsenal and it was in the 1st twenty minutes when the whole team was crap

Aside from that he has been solid apart from maybe when he was asked to play LB..

If our attackers were functional we won't be demanding so much from a full back..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
PietroRico:
yes he does
He's only had one bad game and that was against arsenal and it was in the 1st twenty minutes when the whole team was crap

Aside from that he has been solid apart from maybe when he was asked to play LB..

If our attackers were functional we won't be demanding so much from a full back..

He has been poor beginning from the game away to PSV. The next game against Southampton he was the reason the game was deadlock until Valencia came on at half time.

After then he has had mixture of good and bad. His best in recent time has even come from the left side, but he's never going to displace Rojo from there.

In all, he is poor in ball retention. He is not a good passer too, he does give me and give you back (with panic). When he wins a tackle he is not comfortable on the ball and allows the opponents to recover to close him down on the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
elampiro:

He has been poor beginning from the game away to PSV. The next game against Southampton he was the reason the game was deadlock until Valencia came on at half time.

After then he has had mixture of good and bad. His best in recent time has even come from the left side, but he's never going to displace Rojo from there.

In all, he is poor in ball retention. He is not a good passer too, he does give me and give you back (with panic). When he wins a tackle he is not comfortable on the ball and allows the opponents to recover to close him down on the ball.
you don dey blow certain things out of proportion..
He's only limited in the final third
I never notice all these ones

Isn't 'give me, I give u' what the entire team is playing atm?

U just mentioned Rojo.. Lol.. At least darmian dey give back
Rojo simply hacks the ball out of play, in the slightest of tricky situations.. Nobody is complaining
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
Darmian also struggled against Wolfsburg when his wing was our weakness on the night. In the second half, Wolfsburg almost killed us through that left wing.

He also was poor against Midlesbro in Capital1 cup.

He struggled against Palace and was taken off for Ashley Young.

These are the ones I can still remember. After his first month, he has been struggling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
PietroRico:
you don dey blow certain things out of proportion..
He's only limited in the final third
I never notice all these ones

Isn't 'give me, I give u' what the entire team is playing atm?

U just mentioned Rojo.. Lol.. At least darmian dey give back
Rojo simply hacks the ball out of play, in the slightest of tricky situations.. Nobody is complaining

You may not have noticed but it's a true assessment I have given you.

There is a difference/variation in 'give me I give you' from player to player. Valencia, Jones and Young are better on the ball in their feet in our own third/half than Darmian. Darmian is not comfortable on the ball when passed to him, he wants it out of his feet quickly. He is a little better when he gets it in the opposition half and there's is space.

There are some passes released too soon and too safe, to the back. There are many things. When Val or Jones wins a tackle you are never again going to win the ball back from them until they utilize it, but Darmian loses. When you talk about going forward, he is also very very weak at it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
"He [Darmian] gives too much space on Tadic in my opinion and Tadic was the most dangerous man,”van Gaal said.“That is why I have changed him andValencia did very well – I didn’t see Tadic anymore in the second half.”

Gaal, after Southampton's game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
elampiro:
Those Eufa laws would be hard to implement in UK because of the nature of the territory which had been before football came into the world.

One fact is that only English teams had to shuffle their first team when they went to play in Europe. And it was a big problem bringing none UK citizens to further compound the problem.

UEFA requires 3 foreigner. if you see someone from Holland who is good why not buy him and leave the mediocre Scottish player who you cant even play in UEFA nights?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
weedtaker:
make we see wetin him go do dia, shebi him sabi criticise van gaal. your head de dia cheesy

Actually he's been one of the least critical of LvG.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
Happy Birthday to Damian
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
raumdeuter:

UEFA requires 3 foreigner. if you see someone from Holland who is good why not buy him and leave the mediocre Scottish player who you cant even play in UEFA nights?

You didn't know what laws were there in bringing non-British. We are arguing this 20 years after and haven't all the facts.

After the restriction was lifted, SAF brought in 5 new players the next season, only Teddy Sherigham was British. He allowed about 8 players to leave, all British. The next season he brought in only non English players.

So I wonder if there were also laws which made this impossible before 1995.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
elampiro:

You may not have noticed but it's a true assessment I have given you.

There is a difference/variation in 'give me I give you' from player to player. Valencia, Jones and Young are better on the ball in their feet in our own third/half than Darmian. Darmian is not comfortable on the ball when passed to him, he wants it out of his feet quickly. He is a little better when he gets it in the opposition half and there's is space.

There are some passes released too soon and too safe, to the back. There are many things. When Val or Jones wins a tackle you are never again going to win the ball back from them until they utilize it, but Darmian loses. When you talk about going forward, he is also very very weak at it.

Val and Jones can do no wrong in Elampiros eyes, even when they are injured.

I totally agree with all the pot shots at LVG. Is it that LVG has come only to stabilize the team? He is not interested in winning anything? He needs to free these players and ask that they take a little more risk so that there can be positive forward play instead of recycling possession play that just leaves us going round in circles.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
The Scousers look like a rebranded team. Beating S'oton at home is never an easy task
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
codedguy1:

Val and Jones can do no wrong in Elampiros eyes, even when they are injured.

I totally agree with all the pot shots at LVG. Is it that LVG has come only to stabilize the team? He is not interested in winning anything? He needs to free these players and ask that they take a little more risk so that there can be positive forward play instead of recycling possession play that just leaves us going round in circles.

When Darmian first came I supported him over Valencia. I thought may be we had an Azpilicueta.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
elampiro:

When Darmian first came I supported him over Valencia. I thought may be we had an Azpilicueta.

Darmian might be going through a rough patch now. It is not fair to conderm him the way you are doing.

Valencia himself has been shyte for some period time but has then turned around to put in decent performances. I think Darmian is a good defender, LvG trying to convert him to LW will distort his primary function.

I'd rather really assess him on his defensive duties than attacking even though I feel he needs to snap outta this his recent form.

AdeLaNa1:
The Scousers look like a rebranded team. Beating S'oton at home is never an easy task

I dey fear those guys and tottenham, they seem to be making a case for top 4..

6 teams wan occupy top 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
A real philosophy at play! Kudos to Klopp!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
weedtaker:
but same can't be said during his days at ajax, az, barca nd bayern they don't struggle to score goals, maybe him philosophy dn get K.leg as him come england, i still believe the philosophy isn't man.united's problem, after january transfer we go know where the problem from. E no too far.
Actually YES!....
LEICESTER 5 v MAN UTD 3......
since that day he never remained the same..
there's an adage that says "if dog bite u once, the dog they mad but if the same dog bite u again, na u come they mad now... so he's been bitten quite badly.
I guess that's the reason for the conservatism.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
elampiro:
Darmian also struggled against Wolfsburg when his wing was our weakness on the night. In the second half, Wolfsburg almost killed us through that left wing.

He also was poor against Midlesbro in Capital1 cup.

He struggled against Palace and was taken off for Ashley Young.

These are the ones I can still remember. After his first month, he has been struggling.
haba, bros its not his natural wing na.... Darmain has been philosophized...
#shikina
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 6:21am On Dec 03, 2015
After watching liverpool yesterday...i fear for man united future under van gaal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:51am On Dec 03, 2015
vickertony:
After watching liverpool yesterday...i fear for man united future under van gaal
I never watch any pool game since but am grateful we played them before klopp start to coach them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2015
Gary Neville has become 29th former Manchester United player to play for Sir Alex Ferguson to become a manager.
Viv Anderson, Michael Appleton, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Steve Bruce, Chris Casper, Peter Davenport, Simon Davies, Darren Ferguson, Ryan Giggs, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Henrik Larsson, Gary Neville, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Bryan Robson, Mark Robins, Teddy Sheringham, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Frank Stapleton, Gordon Strachan, Chris Turner, Neil Webb.
There are of course more former Fergie players to manage, including the likes of Alex McLeish and Eric Black, but these are the former reds.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Gary Neville has become 29th former Manchester United player to play for Sir Alex Ferguson to become a manager.
Viv Anderson, Michael Appleton, Henning Berg, Clayton Blackmore, Laurent Blanc, Steve Bruce, Chris Casper, Peter Davenport, Simon Davies, Darren Ferguson, Ryan Giggs, David Healy, Gabriel Heinze, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, Andrei Kanchelskis, Roy Keane, Henrik Larsson, Gary Neville, Paul Parker, Mike Phelan, Bryan Robson, Mark Robins, Teddy Sheringham, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Frank Stapleton, Gordon Strachan, Chris Turner, Neil Webb.
There are of course more former Fergie players to manage, including the likes of Alex McLeish and Eric Black, but these are the former reds.
I think Scholes is a manager too. Abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:23am On Dec 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
I think Scholes is a manager too. Abi?
Nope
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Nope
Okay thanks... I almost thought he is a manager at salford city.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2015
UniqueGem:
Okay thanks... I almost thought he is a manager at salford city.
Sir Alex na Legend Joooor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Not one of them is above average........If you are poor,not matter who your teacher is...You are poor
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 11:24am On Dec 03, 2015
Daniel Sturridge has scored more domestic goals than Rooney this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
Sir Alex na Legend Joooor.
I dey tell you. See all him children.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2015
Mourinholic:

Not one of them is above average........If you are poor,not matter who your teacher is...You are poor

Blanc?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2015
Mourinholic:
Daniel Sturridge has scored more domestic goals than Rooney this season

Schneiderlin has scored more domestic goals than hazard this season.

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mourinholic(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2015
dopeJemi:

Blanc?
Oh....Blanc played under Feegie? Really??
Chao...Fergie don old oooo

I didnt see Blanc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2015
Mourinholic:

Oh....Blanc played under Feegie? Really??
Chao...Fergie don old oooo

I didnt see Blanc

Yeah, check again, he's there

(1) (2) (3) ... (2443) (2444) (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) ... (14155) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: main24(m), afrodoc2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.