Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,011 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8800475 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:45am On May 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Last time you played Spanish opposition you lost either real Madrid Barcelona or even ordinary Bilbao you lost home and away

Check where bilbao is in the table

When did we play Bilbao?? That's about 5 seasons ago or thereabouts. We played Madrid about 4 season ago.

We are talking about your club currently getting raped yearly by the top 3 teams in La Liga and you here bringing out your history book.

2013/2014..... Real Madrid
2014/2015..... Barcelona
2015/2016..... Atletico Madrid

It's save to say that currently Bayern Munich is La liga top 3 bitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:08am On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Kagawa of course!
And Mata is no AM, he's a second striker!
why did ur Almighty van gaal prefer mata as his AM instead of Kagawa? abi no be him de cry creativity for our neck
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:16am On May 05, 2016
Just look @ elampiro screenshots of top performers from whoscored.com.
RvP appeared the season SAF left, the next he disappeared.
Fellaini appeared before he was signed, disappeared from then on.
Schneiderlin appeared before he was signed, he's disappeared since then.
I'm sure di Maria & Memphis appeared in their various leagues before they came here, where are they?

& now we still dey talk about Kante & Mahrez. Abeg we should get serious with the management aspect first else we'd just be fooling around for eternity.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:23am On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You cn't even comprehend what you posted!
You mentioned that "he had the highest throughball in his last season at Bilbao". Tell me then where it was stated

Clutching at straw. Yes at Bilbao, you just quoted me right. I posted it where you even quoted me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You can't even comprehend what you posted!
You mentioned that "he had the highest throughball in his last season at Bilbao". Tell me then where it was stated that it was in the league or for his team. All you told us is that in his last season at Bilbao, he made the highest throughball. Is it for his team or in the league? We do not know!
The statement should have been "he was the one with the highest through ball made in his team in his last stint at Bilbao".
And lol at 1.6 keypasses per game isn't bad for a no 10.

Hahahaha!!! See this primary six boy trying to teach me how to construct a simple sentence because he`s trying to save face after his lies. This is what you resort to after you`ve been found out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2016
SailorXY:
Just look @ elampiro screenshots of top performers from whoscored.com.
RvP appeared the season SAF left, the next he disappeared.
Fellaini appeared before he was signed, disappeared from then on.
Schneiderlin appeared before he was signed, he's disappeared since then.
I'm sure di Maria & Memphis appeared in their various leagues before they came here, where are they?

& now we still dey talk about Kante & Mahrez. Abeg we should get serious with the management aspect first else we'd just be fooling around for eternity.

It`s obvious and it`s the same most of us here have been saying that we have coaching problem. And that`s why most fans have been clamouring for change of manager. Even if we sign Messi with LVG still the manager, he`ll underperform. This man`s player and team management is totally outdated.

I`m not expecting anything from this team untill LVG is sacked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:53am On May 05, 2016
weedtaker:
why did ur Almighty van gaal prefer mata as his AM instead of Kagawa? abi no be him de cry creativity for our neck
Lol! Nobody is above mistake you know.
Also, It was just a small sample size of games. He wouldn't have known the difference between both players with few games into the season. And Mata came with high reputation and with big signing fees.
I still fault him though because he should have noticed Kagawa fantastic performance in the friendlies match against Real Madrid, Roma where the team looked dangerous as soon as he came on. Also, he was the best player in MK dons cup game where the team collapsed as soon as he left the pitch due to injury.
Lvg saving grace would be that he didn't really want Kagawa to leave but Kagawa wanted out for better playing time, especially after the season he had under Moyes and the lack of assurance from Lvg.
Personally, I think Moyes ruined Kagawa. I really can't fathom why he went ahead to sign Mata when he failed to first try a certain playmaker in his team. Prior to Mata signing, Kagawa was always on the bench in favour of Rooney and Rvp partnership. Even when Rvp got injured, Moyes went with Welbeck and Rooney while he either sat Kagw on the bench or deploy him on the wing.
However, everytime Moyes deployed Kagawa in the middle for us, he was beyond fantastic. The Bayer leverkusen was a match he looked fantastic in the middle for us, another was the Real sociedad game where the team looked dangerous and created countless of chances as soon he switched to the middle but sadly, Chicharito and Rooney wasted countless of chances he created in that match. The southampton match is also another, where the team upped the tempo as soon as he switched with Januzaj in the middle, I recall Welbeck wasting countless of chances in that game. Kagawa and Januzaj were our best players in that game after they switched roles to the middle and wing respectively but sadly, Moyes dropped Kagawa in the subsequent game against Chelsea and deployed Januzaj in the middle even when the previous southampton match already showed that Januzj isn't cut for the middle.
Even after Mata signing, the team still continued to look laboured and boring until the eventual introduction of Kagawa albeit on the wing but due to the constant intelligent movement and the interchange made by Mata, Kagawa was able to have his own share of minutes in the middle by constantly interchanging with Mata in the middle unlike the Rigid Rooney who wouldn't move an inch from the middle. I recall Kagawa being nominated as one of our best 3 players for the April month after his lovely performance against Aston Villa, Newcastle, Westham and both legs of the Bayern Munich match where he looked the best player on the pitch while playing in the middle.
I believe if Moyes had given Kagawa plenty of playing time in his best position, Mata wouldn't hve been here in the first place and even if he was here, Kagawa would still have had hope of competing for his position under LVg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:07am On May 05, 2016
tess1:

Hahahaha!!! See this primary six boy trying to teach me how to construct a simple sentence because he`s trying to save face after his lies. This is what you resort to after you`ve been found out.
Lol!
You kept on shouting lies this, lies that but I don't even know what lies you are talking about it. At first I asked you, was it for his team or in the league and the obvious answer from any normal person would have been "in his team" but you didn't and were going roundabout about Messi, Fabregas and Isco. Lol!
Just accept that you goofed and I even gave you a chance to redeem yourself by asking you a simple question but you were just throwing tantrums.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:18am On May 05, 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:24am On May 05, 2016
elampiro:

Take a look at whoscored players ranking for the last four seasons and tell me if they are far from the truth. This is just first 10 players in the first page. Their are 300 pages capturing the final ranking of all players in a league based on accumulation of their weekly matches ratings.
You still haven't answered as to why Rojo was rated higher than Martial in the f.a cup replay match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:41am On May 05, 2016
Clueless Moyes just realising Kagawa performance here www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Mar/david-moyes-praise-for-juan-mata-and-shinji-kagawa.aspx and www.101greatgoals.com/blog/david-moyes-praises-shinji-kagawas-excellent-performance-in-man-uniteds-win-at-west-ham-video/
Even when Kagawa had been fantastic everytime he got deployed as no 10 in the southampton, Real Sociedad, Bayer leverkusen games etc.
Moyes couldn't even pronounce his name well. Can you Imagine!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:49am On May 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Last time you played Spanish opposition you lost either real Madrid Barcelona or even ordinary Bilbao you lost home and away

Check where bilbao is in the table
So you finally agree the Bundesliga is just as poor as the EPL? grin

Even though midtable Liverpool killed 2nd place Dortmund's dreams just this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:46pm On May 05, 2016
larride:
When did we play Bilbao?? That's about 5 seasons ago or thereabouts. We played Madrid about 4 season ago.

We are talking about your club currently getting raped yearly by the top 3 teams in La Liga and you here bringing out your history book.

2013/2014..... Real Madrid
2014/2015..... Barcelona
2015/2016..... Atletico Madrid

It's save to say that currently Bayern Munich is La liga top 3 bitch.

Those were the last times you played La Liga teams and it was brutality all those times even to ordinary Bilbao.

For like 2 seasons you were inconsequential in Europe which means you arent even on Europa cup level so would logically be lower than the Sevilla, Villareal Valencia of this world.

Thats close to relegation. if you can finish 5th and 7th in the weak EPL where Useless Leicester can win, then its certain relegation in the strong La liga
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:47pm On May 05, 2016
Elxandre:
So you finally agree the Bundesliga is just as poor as the EPL? grin

Even though midtable Liverpool killed 2nd place Dortmund's dreams just this season.

No Bundesliga is several levels above EPL. That is why Bundesliga has more co efficient points than EPL this season

You remember Dortmund playing 2nd placed Spurs and how it ended?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:04pm On May 05, 2016
RuuDie:
City are playing in the final... and if they get to play Bayern, they will win. The football 'gods' are lining the stars out in Pellegrini's favour - he will get his last laugh over all those that 'scorned' him!

RuuDie:
I actually agree with sebod...
Psychologically, I think City will not fancy Athleti. In their heads, they have played Bayern enough times to believe they can actually beat them. Real Madrid (IMO) is team waiting to self-destruct; they have a 'non-existent' defence. Add that to the fact that Pellegrini has a point to prove against Real and (in some sense) Bayern (Pep) and his Etihad bosses, I foresee an upset if City gets to play any of these sides!

Bros how far
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

No Bundesliga is several levels above EPL. That is why Bundesliga has more co efficient points than EPL this season

You remember Dortmund playing 2nd placed Spurs and how it ended?

i hope Leicester will be in Bayerns group in the CL.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On May 05, 2016
codedguy1:
i hope Leicester will be in Bayerns group in the CL.

grin grin

We cant be in the same group because both Leicester and Bayern would be seeded

I want Arsenal as usual, Cheap wins our regular olosho.

What God has joined together let no man put asunder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

We cant be in the same group because both Leicester and Bayern would be seeded

I want Arsenal as usual, Cheap wins our regular olosho.

What God has joined together let no man put asunder

you never tire for Arsenal kpekus.

everytime gbegiri soup, is it not boring.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:43pm On May 05, 2016
codedguy1:
you never tire for Arsenal kpekus.

everytime gbegiri soup, is it not boring.

You know say na sure bet. Every guy man suppose dey get sure bet toto incase your new runs fail to show up you always go back to the sure bet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 5:34pm On May 05, 2016
Huth and Fellaini has been banned for 3 games.
My joy is that Fellaini will be available for the f.a cup final 'cos he and Carrick has been our best midfielder in the past few games. Without him, I don't think we would have even dreamt of the final in the first place.
It's really sad when ageing Carrick, crocked ageing Bastian and average-decent Fellaini are the best midfielders we have in the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:56pm On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

You still haven't answered as to why Rojo was rated higher than Martial in the f.a cup replay match.

Apart from Martial's Assist, he had low stats:

Martial
0 Dribble
0 shot
1 key pass
Dispossessed 6 times
2 unsuccessful touch

Rojo
1 Dribble
0 shot
1 key pass
Dispossessed 0 time
1 unsuccessful touch

NB: I have not added defensive stats.

Kagawa10, you are a kindergarten analyst.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:53pm On May 05, 2016
Hope Mr Plato is seeing what Klopp is doing?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 9:55pm On May 05, 2016
elampiro:

Apart from Martial's Assist, he had low stats:

Martial
0 Dribble
0 shot
1 key pass
Dispossessed 6 times
2 unsuccessful touch

Rojo
1 Dribble
0 shot
1 key pass
Dispossessed 0 time
1 unsuccessful touch

NB: I have not added defensive stats.

Kagawa10, you are a kindergarten analyst.
One is an attacker though while the other is a defender. Not to mention that Martial higher pass percentage should have offset his turn overs compared to Rojo's pass percentage.
Also, Martial was far better than Rojo in that match.
That's why I don't take their rating serious which is based on the stats. Viewing the game is what is most important.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2016
raumdeuter:

Bros how far

Apparently... the football gods disagree! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:01pm On May 05, 2016
chrisley024:

Swear down... na so we siddon dey look let Klopp pass us by. Chai!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:02pm On May 05, 2016
So even if we finish 4th ( not happening I know) and Liverpool win the Europa final. We'll be in the Europa league.

LvG, if I swear for you, e go catch you and your grankids. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:04pm On May 05, 2016
chrisley024:
You want to tell me Pool forward trio of Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho are not excellent compared to our previous attacks of the slow paced ageing Rooney and the sluggish Mata?
Also, Liverpool midfield of Milner and Can are solid players, not spectacular but solid.
Can may not be as talented as Carrick in the holding role but he's got fresh legs and he's a bit agile than Carrick while Milner is a better box-box midfielder than any of Morgan, Fellaini and Herrera. Although Milner maybe a poor man's Kante but he's got the same attributes as him for being both an offensive and defensive box-box CM.
Pool's problem under Rodger was their doggy defence and never their attacks. Also, the lack of quality striker to stand in for Sturridge when he was on the sideline.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:13pm On May 05, 2016
MrTA:
So even if we finish 4th ( not happening I know) and Liverpool win the Europa final. We'll be in the Europa league.

LvG, if I swear for you, e go catch you and your grankids. angry
No this is wrong. The 4th placed club would still go to the CL. The 4th spot only becomes useless if City and Liverpool win the CL and EL respectively while simultaneously finishing out of top 4 spots. City is already out of the CL.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:14pm On May 05, 2016
Kagawa10:

You want to tell me Pool forward trio of Sturridge, Firmino and Coutinho are not excellent compared to our previous attacks of the slow paced ageing Rooney and the sluggish Mata?
Also, Liverpool midfield of Milner and Can are solid players, not spectacular but solid.
Can may not be as talented as Carrick in the holding role but he's got fresh legs and he's a bit agile than Carrick while Milner is a better box-box midfielder than any of Morgan, Fellaini and Herrera. Although Milner maybe a poor man's Kante but he's got the same attributes as him for being both an offensive and defensive box-box CM.
Pool's problem under Rodger has been their doggy defence and never their attacks.
They're suddenly better since they had a change of manager. Where were these players when we were beating them home and away?

Abeg carry these your bollocks park one side!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 10:25pm On May 05, 2016
chrisley024:
They're suddenly better since they had a change of manager. Where were these players when we were beating them home and away?

Can was getting played either in the defence or used as a box-box midfielder with Lucas in the holding role while Milner was often deployed on the wing.
The lack of a good striker to stand in for Sturridge when he got injured was also another factor. Rodger would rather play Benteke than Origi to justify his signing considering the amount splashed on him. Klopp on the other hand had no problem choosing the pacy Origi over the sluggish Benteke because he wasn't the one who sign them to begin with.
But really, are you saying Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino are poor players? These are young pacy fantastic flair players in their prime as opposed to the sluggish combination of Rooney and Mata.
It's no coincidence we've at been our best with the pacy attack of Martial, Rashford and Lingard although they are not as experienced as that of Liverpool's.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:34pm On May 05, 2016
chrisley024:

Kagawa10 is extremely disgusting. There was no way i'm agreeing that Liverpool's squad is better than our's. We are simply underachieving with our's and Klopp is doing a far better job than LVG. Have we forgotten when LVG said the Europa league was our best chance for competing for the CL? Then we got knocked out disgracefully and that lunatic of a manager told us our expectations were too high and we should focus on the league! Liverpool might get CL football next season even without finishing in top 4 spots, and they've earned it. They have beaten United, Dortmund and steamrolled villareal on their road to the finals and to this they deserve great credit.
This frequent readjusting of expectations/plans must stop. A club like our's has the resources and structures to challenge every season for the title regardless of whatever happenings the previous season. This transition window period 3 years or whatever is total bullsh1t. It's only in United we're being told this filthy nonsense when almost all of the top clubs changing management never experience this problem. LVG has failed and it's time we moved on from him. Sincerely I'm really ashamed at how much time some folks need to spend in order to come to terms with this simple reality.
BTW villareal is a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:35pm On May 05, 2016
GBR1:

No this is wrong. The 4th placed club would still go to the CL. The 4th spot only becomes useless if City and Liverpool win the CL and EL respectively while simultaneously finishing out of top 4 spots. City is already out of the CL.

Thanks for the clarification.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2852) (2853) (2854) (2855) (2856) (2857) (2858) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.