Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8730539 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
Instead of Bailly sef, we could ve slapped Madrid in d face with dat 30mill for Varane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

The dull guy was even quoted as saying "To play football at the highest level is all I have ever wanted to do". After helping Villareal into CL, then leaving for manure to play in Europa, is that not a step down??

This is for you.

UCL Classroom;

UTD: I won the best student award the last time in 2008.

LFC: 2005 for me

CFC: And I won it in 2012

AFC: 100% attendance and I have a certificate for it, sir.

That's playing at the top level not just attending.

Villarreal have never won it, likewise Arsenal

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
tess1:

This is for you.

UCL Classroom;

UTD: I won the best student award the last time in 2008.

LFC: 2005 for me

CFC: And I won it in 2012

AFC: 100% attendance and I have a certificate for it, sir.

That's playing at the top level not just attending.

Villarreal have never won it, likewise Arsenal
Based on this junk puked out of ur Dundee head those currently playing for Nottingham are playing at the top level
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
This Bailly looks like a disaster waiting to happen. If Torres can destroy him like dat, den i wouldn't want to see what the Özils, Sanchezs, Mahrezs and Defoes of the EPL will do to him

Guy, you are too quick to jump into conclusion. Torres did more than that to Vidic at his prime. Does that make vidic a disaster. More so, he's still 22. He'll make some mistakes but will later improve.

Though, I've not watched him play much. Haters said same when we signed De Gea when he made some costly mistakes in his first season. The same haters are now wishing Madrid comes for him now.

Why didn't they bring the gifs of where he tackled Suarez and Ronaldo?

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Instead of Bailly sef, we could ve slapped Madrid in d face with dat 30mill for Varane
you kidding right? is varane better than jones??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
weedtaker:
you kidding right? is varane better than jones??
Is Bailly any better than Jones??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Is Bailly any better than Jones??
was DDG better than any of the top4 epl goalies of 2011-12 season when we signed him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

Based on this junk puked out of ur Dundee head those currently playing for Nottingham are playing at the top level

Nothingham knows how it feels to have won it. Can you say that about Arsenal? No. They only know how it feels to attend.

With your own logic too, does it mean that Villarreal has Man Utd's pedigree in Europe? How does coming to UTD mean a step down?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
This Bailly looks like a disaster waiting to happen. If Torres can destroy him like dat, den i wouldn't want to see what the Özils, Sanchezs, Mahrezs and Defoes of the EPL will do to him

C'mon Ade, you know better than that. Every one has a bad day or two. Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill have been disgraced at one time or the other too. Don't allow propagandists to spoil Bailly for your eye.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
weedtaker:
was DDG better than any of the top4 epl goalies of 2011-12 season when we signed him?
Lol! I see say u dodge the question.....
Anyways why would u even want to compare Keepers with outfield players?? If u are a keeper(except if that keeper is Almunia), there's a high chance u ll peak and start playing well as u get older. But as an outfield player, if u're shít in ur old club, u might as well be shít in ur new club.

Jones at 22 bar the injuries was much better than this Bailly guy. And Varane right now is definitely better than Jones. He just no dey see shirt for Madrid na why.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Anyways why would u even want to compare Keepers with outfield players?? If u are a keeper(except if that keeper is Almunia), there's a high chance u ll peak and start playing well as u get older. But as an outfield player, if u're shít in ur old club, u might as well be shít in ur new club.

Jones at 22 bar the injuries was much better than this Bailly guy. And Varane right now is definitely better than Jones. He just no dey see shirt for Madrid na why.
varane is not better than jones.

as for baily, i really do not know much about him, but M glad jose got him nd not that white overrated Ferdinand wannabe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
Some of the comments I'm reading here is very funny to me. Which defender hasn't goofed before?

Boateng? Terry? Vidic? Ferdinand? Smalling? Koscieny? Gallas? Pique? Varane? Skertel? Sergio Ramos? LOL

If you actually dig deep, you'll find out that every defender MUST goof once in a while.

The match that's being talked about, I watched that match live and I think it ended 1-0. In that match, Eric Bailly (I didn't know he's the one then though) was superb in that match along with his co-CB. They frustrated Athletico for almost all through the match till towards the ending when Torres was introduced and he went on to score that goal. I'm pointing this out coz people are disregarding his entire performance in that match.

I'm not gonna hold briefs for Baily, but I know I won't bring out my sword of judgement till I've actually seen his displays for United. If Smalling can eventually become a rock for us, then Baily can come good for us. As for now, I won't judge him yet. Time shall reveal all.

Mou should sign more please. Let's have too many options available to us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

In as much as it would be unfair to judge him with that gif, i so hate it when defenders go down like that....all in the name of "last-ditch-blocks/tackles".

Stay on your fúcking feet Mahn. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
As for the money, come on!! It's United we are talking about.

How much was woeful Stones priced last season (£50M with abeg o)? How much is Man City pricing Laporte currently (£40M)?

You think these small clubs will sell their players cheap for a big team?

If we had gone for Umtiti, he would cost us just as much.
Same for Varane.
Same for any top prospect out there. This same Baily was scouted by Barca too. PSG was interested too.

The transfer world right now is crazy. Players are being overpriced. If United tried being stingy, PSG will pay that amount and get him. We have to live with the rich teams tag. Otamendi whose praise was sang last season came costly and also just average. So as long as big teams are involved, the players will likely come with a heavy price tag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:

So the guy is shiit because you saw one .gif? Should I produce .gifs where Smalling was used to wipe the floor? & yet Smalling will stroll into Chelshit or Nyashnal team.
If Chelshit fans dey throw tantrums & their Nyashnal neighbors dey chew gworo as usual, you sef go join them?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
weedtaker:

as for baily, i really do not know much about him, but M glad jose got him nd not that white overrated Ferdinand wannabe.

Varane is way more mature & composed than Jones though the defensive abilities of both players could be said to be on the same level...

In light of the above, Varane>>>>Jones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
Why win the ball...

.....when you can get a red card instead?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
I can see keky viewing...

He wan talk rubbish as usual
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
I think we bid a bigger sum for Varane but it was rejected. Varane isn't exactly world class yet either, in fact far enough from it currently and would never be worth the silly price Madrid would want for him. I'm perfectly fine with this signing at the reported price.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
tobiboss:
Please did Torres score that chance? I need to know
score wetin?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
if u isolate d clip where Torres chance vidic to score u would believe dat vidic is not good.....I expect u to know better
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
Dadehmola:

Varane is way more mature & composed than Jones though the defensive abilities of both players could be said to be on the same level...

In light of the above, Varane>>>>Jones.

which varane is composed

and fyi being more matured and composed doesn't really make you a great defender, after all John stones and blind are more composed and play maturely than smalling.. we both know who the better defender is.

as for defensive abilities jones beats varane in that department, he's better in one on one situations, he's better in tackling, he's better in passing of the ball, he's the better reader of the game and he's also versatile, they are both on par on areal duels, or maybe varane is slightly better. so i see no reason why varane should be rated ahead if jones, (both if them are injury prone btw)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
Here is Bailly lacking an understanding of the backpass rule, needlessy putting his keeper under pressure and conceding a freekick inside the box 18

[img]http://media./media/fSld1wxLW6zvy/giphy.gif[/img]

How the hell does a professional footballer not know the back pass rule?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

The first thing Mourinho does is hire a CB thug that received 10 yellow cards and 1 red card last season alone. That's all I have to say.
10 yellow and 1 red is not much for a CB who played more than 30 league matches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2016
sinizia:
Some of the comments I'm reading here is very funny to me. Which defender hasn't goofed before?

Boateng? Terry? Vidic? Ferdinand? Smalling? Koscieny? Gallas? Pique? Varane? Skertel? Sergio Ramos? LOL

If you actually dig deep, you'll find out that every defender MUST goof once in a while.

The match that's being talked about, I watched that match live and I think it ended 1-0. In that match, Eric Bailly (I didn't know he's the one then though) was superb in that match along with his co-CB. They frustrated Athletico for almost all through the match till towards the ending when Torres was introduced and he went on to score that goal. I'm pointing this out coz people are disregarding his entire performance in that match.

I'm not gonna hold briefs for Baily, but I know I won't bring out my sword of judgement till I've actually seen his displays for United. If Smalling can eventually become a rock for us, then Baily can come good for us. As for now, I won't judge him yet. Time shall reveal all.

I particularly liked that match cos the Villareal fans were chanting about how sheet Torress was before, he showed them that shoe get size.

Otu yato si Bailly. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
Just negodu undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2016
tess1:

Guy, you are too quick to jump into conclusion. Torres did more than that to Vidic at his prime. Does that make vidic a disaster. More so, he's still 22. He'll make some mistakes but will later improve.

Though, I've not watched him play much. Haters said same when we signed De Gea when he made some costly mistakes in his first season. The same haters are now wishing Madrid comes for him now.

Why didn't they bring the gifs of where he tackled Suarez and Ronaldo?

Time will tell.
Except u watched the match, or have seen the video/gif, i doubt Bailly would be able to handle Suarez or Ronaldo when he couldn't even keep Torres at bay. Yes Torres did more than that to Vidic. But at least Vidic was well known and a more composed defender. Vidic would ve been easily forgiven. Not one mumu defender wey just get power and no brain.

Anyways make we sha dey look as he go perform. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong concerning the guy tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2016
weedtaker:
which Varane is more composed??

Yes, Varane is more composed than the bubbly oaf called Phil "Liability" Jones...

Jones lacks the finesse & common sense needed to stay fit and injury free - it's either he is needlessly diving into tackles (even in low-pressure areas of the pitch) or attempting to head the ball close to the ground in a duel that a team mate is clearly in control of...

Jones is a risk to himself & his teammates in general - na the bad attributes of Vidic hin gather pass..

weedtaker:

and fyi being more matured and composed doesn't really make you a great defender, after all John stones and blind are more composed and play maturely than smalling.. we both know who the better defender is.

If you read my earlier response again, you would agree that this part of your post is irrelevant..

weedtaker:

as for defensive abilities jones beats varane in that department, he's better in one on one situations, he's better in tackling, he's better in passing of the ball, he's the better reader of the game and he's also versatile, they are both on par on areal duels, or maybe varane is slightly better. so i see no reason why varane should be rated ahead if jones, (both if them are injury prone btw)

You probably don't know Varane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Leyqute:

C'mon Ade, you know better than that. Every one has a bad day or two. Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill have been disgraced at one time or the other too. Don't allow propagandists to spoil Bailly for your eye.

I would ve agreed with u if we were buying a defender of Ivanovic, Terry or Vidic's caliber. Not a young defender who seems prone to make a lot of error and at a time our backline is under restructuring and needs enough solidity to be able to mount any sort of challenge.

Until proven otherwise, This Bailly dude is just the black version of Phil Jones minus injuries.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
sinizia:

don't be diceived by a 10 second bleep for a guy dat played more than 2000 mins in a season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
weedtaker:

U dont know much about him but u are happy to see him at United?? U forget not everybody go blow like Martial.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
lekkie073:
don't be diceived by a 10 second bleep for a guy dat played more than 2000 mins in a season

Abi apollo dey this one eye ni? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) (2971) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.