Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8717662 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
The French midfield is all over the place. They need to slow down and dictate the tempo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
The shift to 2-man midfield hasn't helped the French team at all, especially with Mathuidi who has played mostly in a 3-man midfield throughout his careers.
Kante has been good though. The guy don't seem to have any bad game at all. However, the front four and Mathuidi has been poor.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Also think that 4-3-3 formation suits Martial better. He's more of a wing forward that often drift inside than a traditional winger. Payet isn't intelligent enough to operate as a 10 either. France had better make the switch back to a 3-man midfield in the 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
Diademk07:
The shift to 2-man midfield hasn't helped the French team at all, especially with Mathuidi who has played mostly in a 3-man midfield throughout his careers.
Kante has been good though. The guy don't seem to have any bad game at all. However, the front four and Mathuidi has been poor.
A midfield of Matuidi, Kante and Payet would have been good I think
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
Funny to think Januzaj could have been with the Albania squad if he had chosen them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
chrisley024:
A midfield of Matuidi, Kante and Payet would have been good I think
Quite right.
I think they operated a similar setup against Romania after Pogba got subbed out and it was quite good.
A 3-man midfield would suit them better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
Diademk07:
Funny to think Januzaj could have been with the Albania squad if he had chosen them.
It's not too late for him to make a name in football. Lay off the kid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
Martial has been subbed off and it's not a surprise as he was quite terrible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
SailorXY:

It's not too late for him to make a name in football. Lay off the kid.
Lol!
I was just pointing out some fact. The fact is no matter how poor he's looked, he would have made the Albania squad if hadn't chosen Belgium over them. Same with Mateo Kovacic who could have been a starting player for the Albania team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
GBR1:
Martial has been subbed off and it's not a surprise as he was quite terrible.

Yup. Had a shocker. Hope that doesnt mess with his confidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
MrTA:

I don't mind him playing as few minutes as possible in the Euros because this French team won't win it and i'd rather have him fresh for next season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
France actually has no team work
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
Poor Martial, very ineffective in the first half. Now France is more purposeful in the second half.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why didn't Pogba release the pass. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:33pm On Jun 15, 2016
MrTA:

He doesn't look like someone who'll have confidence issues. That guy has the heart of a lion.
I never expected him to shut critics so easily after there was enough ramblings to end the world over his price tag. His calmness @ his age is insane.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
Pataki:
Poor Martial, very ineffective in the first half. Now France is more purposeful in the second half.
OK. Clap for yourself. How many chances Giroud chop? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
SailorXY:

He doesn't look like someone who'll have confidence issues. That guy has the heart of a lion.
I never expected him to shut critics so easily after there was enough ramblings to end the world over his price tag. His calmness @ his age is insane.
Most likely fatigue or just a poor performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
chrisley024:
OK. Clap for yourself. How many chances Giroud chop? grin

Abeg let Martial continue playing with Rashford and so forth.

Today was clearly overwhelming for him.

Payettttttt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
blueAgent:

Put on your thinking cap before posting stupid things. Is Kalou white? or Depay, Ashely young, Shaun wright,Malouda,Nani as well as many black attackers and wingers.the list is endless when did we starting measuring players position based on racism.?

You blacks keep justifying the whiteman's assertion that blacks have low IQ.with statements like this your own.

If you cannot comprehend a simple passage why not shut up?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
elampiro:

If you cannot comprehend a simple passage why not shut up?
That dude couldn't even figure out that you were on his side?

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:03am On Jun 16, 2016
GBR1:
That dude couldn't even figure out that you were on his side?
grin
Hahaha
And he was insulting me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:03am On Jun 16, 2016
Mourinho has won the race to keep De Gea from Madrid, as the goalkeeper has told him he wants to stay at Manchester United and Real Madrid will not attempt to sign him.

De Gea is said to be excited about the new project under Mourinho, who talked to him and convinced him to continue at Old Trafford.

Today is the deadline for the verbal agreement that Madrid made with De Gea last summer to sign him for £47m. Madrid have passed up on the offer.

De Gea wanted to leave Manchester at all costs due to his bad relationship with Van Gaal but now he choose to stay with Mourinho.

[Source: AS.com] #MUFC #DeGea #Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 6:43am On Jun 16, 2016
chrisley024:
France actually has no team work

one thing i neva cud understand was y france was tipped to win d euros...I don't see that happening at all..its still going to b btw germany and spain....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2016
dubylhover:

one thing i neva cud understand was y france was tipped to win d euros...I don't see that happening at all..its still going to b btw germany and spain....
Even Spain has problem with scoring. Italy and Germany are my pick for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BossKratos: 8:17am On Jun 16, 2016
grin

Bale vs england today!

No be small laff person go laff!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2016
chrisley024:
Even Spain has problem with scoring. Italy and Germany are my pick for now.

spain has always had problem of scoring but you know a killer pass cud cme from anywhr..iniesta silva fan etc
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisooblog: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2016
egbon dayo fear God o in japan/korea 2002 jayjay was our best player fact! how is it his fault that most of his team mates didn't step up to the plate? and if okocha shows off his love for his wife nko? is that why your hero couldn't score a single senior tournament goal make him sef show off him boxers say he loves his wife

useless against denmark yet okocha gave your hero a through pass instead of kanu to score he was dancing atilogu till smicheal took it off him. okocha was useless in france 98 yet psg one of the most successful and prestigious clubs in france bought him for good money making him the most expensive african footballer at the time.

the two african footballer of the year awards he won were based on sentiments. the first one based on atlanta 96 an under age tournament in which we clearly cheated fielding old men against youngsters the second because he scored hattrick against chelsea while playing for arsenal

CL winner watching in HD from the bench the one final kanu played his team lost go figure. who cares who came 6th in whatever year. dayo came first in primary 5 who gives a shxt whether hamzat came 6th in the same class

i see you clearly avoided mentioning AFCON tournaments is it because ghost worker kanu didn't do anything of note in most of them? 2000 AFCON final against cameroon we were down and out like a boss jayjay scored a spectacular equalizer dragging us back into the game. during the pressure cooker of penalty shootout okocha was not found wanting dispatching his kick with aplomb your hero nko? kanu and sons sprinkler ltd watering the national stadium pitch after his penalty miss. bros you better go and confess your sins of blasphemy to any nearby father.

kanu ko, subzero ni

sleekdot:

When the going got tough in Atlanta we knew those who stood up and Okocha was not one of them. Babayaro, Amokachi, King Kanu Oliseh

The poster I quoted specified US 94 which Okocha did nothing, but lets now go to the Japan Korea 02. What did Okocha do In Japan Korea?

Nothing, Our midfield was overrun what did he do? The only goal we scored was a Yobo cross and an Aghahowa header, what did Okocha contribute other than to celebrate and remove his jersey showing his underwear "I love you Nkechi" or something like that?

France 98 again what did Okocha do in the first 2 games? we scored 3 goals vs Spain, No goal no assist, vs Bulgaria, they overran our midfield and we won courtesy of an early goal by Ikpeba I think it was Amokachi who even gave that assist. Our elimination game vs Denmark what was Okocha doing other than senseless dribble, we went 2 goals down but Okocha chose that day to display his rainbow flicks , rabona and senseless football.

There is a reason top European clubs were after Kanu and other Nigerian players, while Okocha was playing in Bolton and Fenerbahce

There is a reason Kanu was 2 times African player of the year, Yekini, Amunike, Ikpeba all won while Okocha couldnt win 1

There is a reason Kanu is a CL winner while Okocha barely left a mark in the top European competition

There is a reason Kanu was once voted 6th best in the whole world, and Okocha?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
chrisooblog:
egbon dayo fear God o in japan/korea 2002 jayjay was our best player fact! how is it his fault that most of his team mates didn't step up to the plate? and if okocha shows off his love for his wife nko? is that why your hero couldn't score a single senior tournament goal make him sef show off him boxers say he loves his wife

useless against denmark yet okocha gave your hero a through pass instead of kanu to score he was dancing atilogu till smicheal took it off him. okocha was useless in france 98 yet psg one of the most successful and prestigious clubs in france bought him for good money making him the most expensive african footballer at the time.

the two african footballer of the year awards he won were based on sentiments. the first one based on atlanta 96 an under age tournament in which we clearly cheated fielding old men against youngsters the second because he scored hattrick against chelsea while playing for arsenal

CL winner watching in HD from the bench the one final kanu played his team lost go figure. who cares who came 6th in whatever year. dayo came first in primary 5 who gives a shxt whether hamzat came 6th in the same class

i see you clearly avoided mentioning AFCON tournaments is it because ghost worker kanu didn't do anything of note in most of them? 2000 AFCON final against cameroon we were down and out like a boss jayjay scored a spectacular equalizer dragging us back into the game. during the pressure cooker of penalty shootout okocha was not found wanting dispatching his kick with aplomb your hero nko? kanu and sons sprinkler ltd watering the national stadium pitch after his penalty miss. bros you better go and confess your sins of blasphemy to any nearby father.

kanu ko, subzero ni

In Japan Korea Okocha was the one who didnt step up. Others like Aghahowa, Enyeama, Taribo Yobo did It was Okocha doing senseless step overs, No goal no assists just double legover which didnt help anyone

If Kanu didnt show anything for Nigeria, he showed for his club which was why he was named 6th in the world

Kanu won 96 based on sentiments? Didnt Okocha play in this same 1996 Olympics? Why didnt they use the same sentiments to vote Okocha over Kanu. Of course CAF isnt foolish

Was it the same sentiments that saw him voted number 6 in the world? the highest any Nigerian has ever achieved and where was Okocha then?

Kanu watching CL final from the bench? Oga Ade who is the person below dueling with Baresi in the CL final? That must be Nuka

[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/football-uefa-champions-league-final-vienna-austria-24th-may-1995-1-picture-id79047085[/img]

6th in the world is the highest any Nigerian has ever been rated in history and it was Kanu who made it, Pray tell us what was the highest Okocha was rated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dortmund rejected £19m bid for Mkhitaryan from Man United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisooblog: 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
wetin kanu show for club in 96? above average season with ajax unable to play for inter milan due to heart condition so on what performance did he win african footballer of the year under age tournament maybe kelechi iheanacho should have won african football player for 2013 shebi he won mvp for u17 world cup since we are using under age tournaments as basis for judging african footballer of the year

if any son of mine came home jumping upandan saying ''daddy i came 6th i came 6th'' i would disown the foolish boy nonsense

abedi pele, yekini, ikpeba, diouf, drogba all african footballers of the year who performed for their respective countries in major senior international tournaments please tell us any noteworthy performance of father ''chrasmoss'' kanu

you see kanu's performance was so nonexistent i didn't even notice he played. is it not shameful that a wack player like danilo had more minutes and impact for madrid than your hero's waka pass appearance

sleekdot:

In Japan Korea Okocha was the one who didnt step up. Others like Aghahowa, Enyeama, Taribo Yobo did It was Okocha doing senseless step overs, No goal no assists just double legover which didnt help anyone

If Kanu didnt show anything for Nigeria, he showed for his club which was why he was named 6th in the world

Kanu won 96 based on sentiments? Didnt Okocha play in this same 1996 Olympics? Why didnt they use the same sentiments to vote Okocha over Kanu. Of course CAF isnt foolish

Was it the same sentiments that saw him voted number 6 in the world? the highest any Nigerian has ever achieved and where was Okocha then?

Kanu watching CL final from the bench? Oga Ade who is the person below dueling with Baresi in the CL final? That must be Nuka

[img]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/football-uefa-champions-league-final-vienna-austria-24th-may-1995-1-picture-id79047085[/img]

6th in the world is the highest any Nigerian has ever been rated in history and it was Kanu who made it, Pray tell us what was the highest Okocha was rated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2016
Too many booze? These English folks sha. Now you know why they couldn't beat a piss-poor Russian side.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
chrisooblog:
wetin kanu show for club in 96? above average season with ajax unable to play for inter milan due to heart condition so on what performance did he win african footballer of the year under age tournament maybe kelechi iheanacho should have won african football player for 2013 shebi he won mvp for u17 world cup since we are using under age tournaments as basis for judging african footballer of the year

if any son of mine came home jumping upandan saying ''daddy i came 6th i came 6th'' i would disown the foolish boy nonsense

abedi pele, yekini, ikpeba, diouf, drogba all african footballers of the year who performed for their respective countries in major senior international tournaments please tell us any noteworthy performance of father ''chrasmoss'' kanu

you see kanu's performance was so nonexistent i didn't even notice he played. is it not shameful that a wack player like danilo had more minutes and impact for madrid than your hero's waka pass appearance

Shebi Okocha sef played the same Under aged competition in 1996, How come Kanu was the player of the tournament, African footballer of the year and 6th in the whole world? while everyone forgot Okocha. Okocha was even older than Kanu in 96 yet he was so useless that no one even remembered him or his performance

Okocha even played U21 for Nigeria, how come he never won on the merit of his underage competition performance

Kanu was 6th in the whole world. How many African players have ever achieved that high level before. If any child finish 6th in the whole world of 6billion people then his name should be engraved in gold.

You say 6th in the whole world is nothing, then tell us Okochas ever highest in the world

If anyone would criticize Dangote for being 6th richest man in the world, It shouldnt be a man whose name didnt even make it to top 100

You didnt notice that Kanu played but FIFA noticed, CAF noticed, Inter Milan noticed. The Okocha you noticed who did he epp? No be 3rd rate clubs like Frankfurt, Fenerbahce and Bolton dey follow you dey notice am

(1) (2) (3) ... (2989) (2990) (2991) (2992) (2993) (2994) (2995) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.