Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8733027 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
chamotex:

Rubbish performance, shyte game.
Just not good enough.
Complacency at its best.
We would have been knocked out if the game went on for a further 10 minutes.

fergie never learns - he's fast becoming arsene wenger with his stubbornness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
coogar:

fergie never learns - he's fast becoming arsene wenger with his stubbornness.

The man will never take cup games at OT serious . . . rubbish!
I think this is the worst games we've played this season in terms of tempo and urgency.
It was disappointing to watch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
chamotex:

The man will never take cup games at OT serious . . . rubbish!
I think this is the worst games we've played this season in terms of tempo and urgency.
It was disappointing to watch.

he's a disgrace and for people who slate carrick - tonight is a testament to the dirty job carrick does in that team.
js park does not have the intelligence to dominate the midfield. we were too open in the centre of the pitch, ajax had no problem attacking n counter-attacking.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:19pm On Feb 23, 2012
coogar:

he's a disgrace and for people who slate carrick - tonight is a testament to the dirty job carrick does in that team.
js park does not have the intelligence to dominate the midfield. we were too open in the centre of the pitch, ajax had no problem attacking n counter-attacking.

4th defeat at OT already this season.
Maybe we should move our home games to Altrincham.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:21pm On Feb 23, 2012
chamotex:

4th defeat at OT already this season.
Maybe we should move our home games to Altrincham.

and yet you see jose mourinho playing his big guns in big games.
pep guardiola does not joke with european nights.

messi has played 40 games this season.
carrick - one of our players with the most appearances this season has only 26 games under his belt and yet it makes you wonder why our players are over-pampered.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kristos(m): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
Nani as frustrating as ever, J.S Park running around like a headless chicken. I felt like grabbing a few of them by the throat and shake some senses into them. We never closed them down, gave away possesions so easily and there was a carrick shaped hole in that midfield. Complacency at its best!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 11:50pm On Feb 23, 2012
Coogar, Chamo

Is your brain for lease? Just on match days.
I need to loan Nani some on match days and then revive the goat he took the one he is using now.
He is so disgusting, terrible decision making. I don't even know who is worse; Nani or Welbeck.

As for Fergie, i guess his time is gradually ticking up
I just hate him, no, despise him on nights like this. I can't even explain the man U team that turned up
for the second half.

Idiotic line-up from an idiotic coach.
Dyslexia is gradually setting in for him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:54pm On Feb 23, 2012
Emperoh:

Coogar, Chamo

Is your brain for lease? Just on match days.
I need to loan Nani some on match days and then revive the goat he took the one he is using now.
He is so disgusting, terrible decision making. I don't even know who is worse; Nani or Welbeck.

As for Fergie, i guess his time is gradually ticking up
I just hate him, no, despise him on nights like this. I can't even explain the man U team that turned up
for the second half.

Idiotic line-up from an idiotic coach.
Dyslexia is gradually setting in for him

carrick should have been the first name on the team list with 2 out n out wingers and 2 wings backs.
someone has to sit in the midfield and snuff out the attack. fergie in his glaswegian wisdom put js park there.

js park as a defensive midfielder?
we didn't deserve to go through with tonight's display.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
coogar,
Not enough quality in that side overall.
Makes you wonder how we're going to win this Europa League.
Even if Carrick played,the result might not be any much different.
We simply don't have it in the middle:the be-all-and-end-all of any side.
Don't know about you all but Thursday night football simply doesn't cut it and isn't any thrill.Let one of these Iberian peninsula teams come and win this third-rate competition.
I said Welbeck is a mor.on on the loose with a regular starting berth at United.My valuation of the dolt goes up stratospherically tO straight-out lunacy.The boy is an idiot of immense proportions.
Maybe Fergie's really in need of retirement.He really is messing with us fans.Only one win at home all season at old trafford in Europe all season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:04am On Feb 24, 2012
StarBoard:

coogar,
Not enough quality in that side overall.
Makes you wonder how we're going to win this Europa League.
Even if Carrick played,the result might not be any much different.
We simply don't have it in the middle:the be-all-and-end-all of any side.

carrick is a gem. watch the first leg again and see how he held the midfield in his palm.
he wouldn't be on the pitch and allow ajax drive a titanic in our midfield.
the problem is rafael, fabio, jones, nani and young are too attack minded.
we had the same problem against basel and the match ended 3-3.

Don't know about you all but Thursday night football simply doesn't cut it and isn't any thrill.Let one of these Iberian peninsula teams come and win this third-rate competition.
I said Welbeck is a mor.on on the loose with a regular starting berth at United.My valuation of the dolt goes up stratospherically tO straight-out lunacy.The boy is an of immense proportions.
Maybe Fergie's really in need of retirement.He really is messing with us fans.Only one win at home all season at old trafford in Europe all season.

welbeck has no nous.

there was a situation when we broke. it was 4 united attackers against ajax's 2 defenders.
welbeck passed and he still got his pass intercepted with the legion of choices he could have made.
the boy possesses no football intelligence!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2012
It's nights like this that makes me think we've got a dolt as coach
But look some miles, towards London, you just knell down and pray that it doesn't get to that situ just yet.

By the way Coogar, makes me question your continuous rap for the young guys to be given a run ou
That defence was not answering any question posed it tonight
I sincerely dobt Fergie leaving out his geriatrics
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:09am On Feb 24, 2012
Emperoh:

It's nights like this that makes me think we've got a dolt as coach
But look some miles, towards London, you just knell down and pray that it doesn't get to that situ just yet.

By the way Coogar, makes me question your continuous rap for the young guys to be given a run ou
That defence was not answering any question posed it tonight
I sincerely dobt Fergie leaving out his geriatrics

give the young boys a run out but play other players where they should be. . .
why would js park play in the centre-mid with 2 out n out wingers and 2 full backs who love to run forward.
it makes no sense. fergie got it wrong with that midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 24, 2012
@coogs, grin
I have since resigned my critique of Carrick and I believe he's our best midfielder.I was about to do some kind of analysis on him and his style:whether United have seen the best of him given his performances at Spurs or whether his laid-back demeanor suits us better as against him being gung-ho.
However one thing about him is clear:the guy is effective.He does everything (aside scoring) at about a 70% rate.Whether its screening the back four or leading the attack line,he puts in some great performances and whoever is England coach should think of booking his visa in the summer and featuring him in games if England is to make any decent impact of their already stillborn Euro campaign.he is the player for the 4-4-2;one reason United seem to Favour that pattern lately.
But back to the matter at hand.Whats the use of having tactically-naive players feature in Euro nights?Those players you mentioned as being too attack-minded are liabities.I would have thought Fergie would have changed their mentalities to adjust to certain scenarios(e.g. Knowing the difference between English and European opposition).It's particularly disappointing to note that Nani has refused to get above a glass ceiling by way of perfoances after 5 top-flight seasons with United.The boy cannot choose when to pass/cross and when his conscience moves him to do so, his delivery is as limp as an impotent libido.
He doesn't track back.And folks like the twins aren't helping matters,bombing forward at every opportunity.Little wonder we have problems at the full-back positions:no one is yet to claim the right and Evra sits comfortably knowing that his only rival at left-back is as inconsistent as they come.
The less said about Young,the better for us all.Im pretty sure you know my position on that one.
I think the blame sits on Fergie.He should be able to let guys know what is expected of them and deal with them when they don't deliver.I think the fella is probably resigned to the fact that his achievements are already enough hence the need to outdo the Guardiolas and Mourinhos andAncelottis by way of Champions league titles isn't there hence the shift to Thursday night action.
Still baffled that we have a bad middle (aside Carrick,individually).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:39am On Feb 24, 2012
grin grin grin

Ordinary Ajax dey flog una for house

Are you Chelsea in disguise?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2012
dayokanu:

grin grin grin

Are you Chelsea in disguise?
The muppet finds his voice after all manner of excuses.
Go rest jare.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:37am On Feb 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you Chelsea in disguise? @Dk,LMFAO cos U very funny. lemme help U edit Ur post; dayokanu: Ordinary Ajax dey flog una for house

Are you bayansh munik in disguise?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2012
diggz:

dayokanu:

Are you Chelsea in disguise? @Dk,LMFAO cos U very funny. lemme help U edit Ur post; dayokanu: Ordinary Ajax dey flog una for house

Are you bayansh munik in disguise?

Brain-for-plate of beans strikes again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
Anderson's twin injured again. ankle out of England squad as well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
From d sourness of posts I can see d Europa display last night was shambolic. Thankfully I have already decided not to watch any Europa games. If I see d starting line-up and it doesn't include what I want to see, I won't bother watching even if we make it to d final.

Question, how bad was Jones in central defense last night? There is friend with whom I argued some time ago that for now Evans is a much better central defender than Jones, while Jones is clearly more talented, has more potential and will eventually surpass Evans but not yet. I received a text from him stating that Jones is d worst central defender of our present lot. Did he really play that badly from central defense last night?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2012
As of now, Evans is definitely a better central defender than Jones. Jones might be the more talented footballer but he hasnt learnt the centerback position yet especially at the highest level. Jones was poor lastnight be I wouldnt say he was the main reason we lost or played badly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
StarBoard:

@coogs, grin
I have since resigned my critique of Carrick and I believe he's our best midfielder.I was about to do some kind of analysis on him and his style:whether United have seen the best of him given his performances at Spurs or whether his laid-back demeanor suits us better as against him being gung-ho.
However one thing about him is clear:the guy is effective.He does everything (aside scoring) at about a 70% rate.Whether its screening the back four or leading the attack line,he puts in some great performances and whoever is England coach should think of booking his visa in the summer and featuring him in games if England is to make any decent impact of their already stillborn Euro campaign.he is the player for the 4-4-2;one reason United seem to Favour that pattern lately.
But back to the matter at hand.Whats the use of having tactically-naive players feature in Euro nights?Those players you mentioned as being too attack-minded are liabities.I would have thought Fergie would have changed their mentalities to adjust to certain scenarios(e.g. Knowing the difference between English and European opposition).It's particularly disappointing to note that Nani has refused to get above a glass ceiling by way of perfoances after 5 top-flight seasons with United.The boy cannot choose when to pass/cross and when his conscience moves him to do so, his delivery is as limp as an impotent libido.
He doesn't track back.And folks like the twins aren't helping matters,bombing forward at every opportunity.Little wonder we have problems at the full-back positions:no one is yet to claim the right and Evra sits comfortably knowing that his only rival at left-back is as inconsistent as they come.
The less said about Young,the better for us all.Im pretty sure you know my position on that one.
I think the blame sits on Fergie.He should be able to let guys know what is expected of them and deal with them when they don't deliver.I think the fella is probably resigned to the fact that his achievements are already enough hence the need to outdo the Guardiolas and Mourinhos andAncelottis by way of Champions league titles isn't there hence the shift to Thursday night action.
Still baffled that we have a bad middle (aside Carrick,individually).

fergie has already shouldered the responsibility. he admitted he made a selection blunder and that is that.

the gaffer is becoming intellectually sterile. he does not care about the balance of the team.
as soon as he looks at the prozone stats and he sees the players who need minutes to gain match sharpness, he selects them.
it does not matter to him if they are 11 strikers or 11 midfielders. he just plays all the players who need fitness and cramp them into a team and this is why valencia can play right back, carrick can play centre-back and park can play left back.

we are the most rotated team in europe and at the same time we suffer injuries more than any other team in europe.
the other day we were discussing the our medical team and it now seems owen hargreaves is right after all. city's medical team is better.
mancini played his big guns against porto having won the first leg like we did. . . . .and you can bet he would roll them out again against blackburn this weekend. whereas, fergie rests his big guns in europe for games against norwich and other shitty teams in the league.

there's nothing wrong in giving players the chance to regain match sharpness but don't lump them all in at the same time. . . .it has cost us points.
rafael, fabio, smalling, jones, nani, young, berbatov just came back from injuries and fergie played them all in one team on an european night. this is the edge jose mourinho and pep guardiola have over fergie. they don't take prisoners. they play their big guns in big games. messi has copped 40 appearances already this season and you see rooney(29 apps) and nani(32), berbatov(19), hernandez(27) and they still get undeserved rest.

it's mind boggling. . . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2012
coogar:

fergie has already shouldered the responsibility. he admitted he made a selection blunder and that is that.

the gaffer is becoming intellectually sterile. he does not care about the balance of the team.
as soon as he looks at the prozone stats and he sees the players who need minutes to gain match sharpness, he selects them.
it does not matter to him if they are 11 strikers or 11 midfielders. he just plays all the players who need fitness and cramp them into a team and this is why valencia can play right back, carrick can play centre-back and park can play left back.

we are the most rotated team in europe and at the same time we suffer injuries more than any other team in europe.
the other day we were discussing the our medical team and it now seems owen hargreaves is right after all. city's medical team is better.
mancini played his big guns against porto having won the first leg like we did. . . . .and you can bet he would roll them out again against blackburn this weekend. whereas, fergie rests his big guns in europe for games against norwich and other shitty teams in the league.

there's nothing wrong in giving players the chance to regain match sharpness but don't lump them all in at the same time. . . .it has cost us points.
rafael, fabio, smalling, jones, nani, young, berbatov just came back from injuries and fergie played them all in one team on an european night. this is the edge jose mourinho and pep guardiola have over fergie. they don't take prisoners. they play their big guns in big games. messi has copped 40 appearances already this season and you see rooney(29 apps) and nani(32), berbatov(19), hernandez(27) and they still get undeserved rest.

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2012
coogar:

The irony of the rotation is the injury list.
Fergie has become mellow and as complacent as they come,probably because he's on the road to retirement.
I'm sure we should be expecting more of the same as the season winds down.
Good point you mentioned about Rooney et al.What's the point resting folks?Euro 2012?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
>>> resting player for Euro 2012? I dont realy think dats d reason. Who knws if he (fergie) is being paid by those elites 4 resting players 4 dat qualifiers tongue wel, 2 me he is just doing what he felt was right bt stil resting players dnt give us edge against Norwich City who even play aerial ball and has scord most using corner kicks.
Fergie is realy pissing me off undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
adebayo201:

>>> resting player for Euro 2012? I dont realy think dats d reason. Who knws if he (fergie) is being paid by those elites 4 resting players 4 dat qualifiers tongue wel, 2 me he is just doing what he felt was right bt stil resting players dnt give us edge against Norwich City who even play aerial ball and has scord most using corner kicks.
Fergie is realy pissing me off undecided
On the bolded,
I was just thinking aloud how and why Fergie would choose to bench key players.Hence the Euro 2012 reference.
It's senseless.The season is getting into crunch time and Fergie is resting players when the rotation policy has obviously failed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
>>>StarBoard,i realy undastand wat u ar saying. If we take a look keenly frm d begining of d season til dz moment, changing players have been d problm of Fergie and his cohot.Starting frm the goalies,u wil recur wat it cost us: carling cup,uefa champions league,FA cup,and even epl. United is amng d clua dat dnt av 1st 11 players. U hard can tell who the 1st 11 wil b,we only predict who plays but at d end another face surface! undecided
ok,who can tel the 1st 11 of our next match? Not even Coogar grin i bet u!
We luk dwn on other fc too much and it cost us so much! kiss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2012
I stopped playing that prediction game on this thread eons ago this season.
It makes no sense.
Fergie put out a side of whom were mostly returning from injuries and got schooled yesterday.
I hope he learns.If he likes,let him try it against Norwich.What happened in 2005 will happen again.

Ever since his 25th anniversary celebrations at OT,he's become something else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
Yes SAF has gotten worse than Ranieri with d constant rotation and changes even when not necessary. But I believe it is one of d reasons we tend to finish d PL season stronger than our rivals. Also comparing appearance stats with teams like Real and Barca fails to take into account d winter break all other leagues have, unlike d PL that is non-stop from August to May.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:25pm On Feb 24, 2012
So since epl have been frm august to may, managers nw deem it fit to give players important rest or holiday to do what bt tweet,drink and f**k eachothers wives! undecided *sory if i sound weird, im just too concern abt d issue! tongue *
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2012
montelik:

Yes SAF has gotten worse than Ranieri with d constant rotation and changes even when not necessary. But I believe it is one of d reasons we tend to finish d PL season stronger than our rivals. Also comparing appearance stats with teams like Real and Barca fails to take into account d winter break all other leagues have, unlike d PL that is non-stop from August to May.

Rotation is a good model when applied in the right manner.
I'm a big fan of rotation but only when it's necessary . . . you shouldn't be taking silly gambles by rotating.
Last night Fergie thought a 2 goal lead was comfortable and he produced that team. If it was 1-0 or 0-0 in the first leg I'm certain the team would have been stronger.

To be fair his only fault was in CM position - playing Park? That was why we were so opened. One of Giggs Carrick and Scholes will most likely not be starting against Norwich - why not play that player? The only players that should be rotated in our team are the oldies (Rio, Baba Giggs, Scholesy and maybe the wingers to keep them fresh). The other players are still very much young and can cope with 3 games in a week.

Also, when rotating, there are positions that should not be tampered with, most especially CB pairings and the backbone of the CM position (Carrick)
What I prefer is to play the strongest line up possible and when you are cruising in the game comfortably, make substitutions to replace the key players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:47pm On Feb 24, 2012
chamotex:

Rotation is a good model when applied in the right manner.
I'm a big fan of rotation but only when it's necessary . . . you shouldn't be taking silly gambles by rotating.
Last night Fergie thought a 2 goal lead was comfortable and he produced that team. If it was 1-0 or 0-0 in the first leg I'm certain the team would have been stronger.

To be fair his only fault was in CM position - playing Park? That was why we were so opened. One of Giggs Carrick and Scholes will most likely not be starting against Norwich - why not play that player? The only players that should be rotated in our team are the oldies (Rio, Baba Giggs, Scholesy and maybe the wingers to keep them fresh). The other players are still very much young and can cope with 3 games in a week.

Also, when rotating, there are positions that should not be tampered with, most especially CB pairings and the backbone of the CM position (Carrick)
What I prefer is to play the strongest line up possible and when you are cruising in the game comfortably, make substitutions to replace the key players.

everyone loves rotation.
the gaffer has to keep everyone happy by giving them minutes - that is no problem.
the problem i have with him is putting 7-9 players who are just recovering from injuries at the same time.
fergie can play 10 unfit strikers in a match. he can play 10 unfit midfielders or 10 unfit defenders and he would put them in awkward positions to satisfy his lust.

fair play to him for admitting he made a blunder. i hope he doesn't make such again this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
coogar:

everyone loves rotation.
the gaffer has to keep everyone happy by giving them minutes - that is no problem.
the problem i have with him is putting 7-9 players who are just recovering from injuries at the same time.
fergie can play 10 unfit strikers in a match. he can play 10 unfit midfielders or 10 unfit defenders and he would put them in awkward positions to satisfy his lust.

fair play to him for admitting he made a blunder. i hope he doesn't make such again this season.
dat wil b wen his eye glasses are being broken by a shot frm d field. The man is too adamant! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), Uniquisite and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.