Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8708083 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2999) (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

He was never man of the match! Suarez was!
Infact, Barca attack trio were the real nemesis whereas Juve dominated and had higher tempo in that game. Unfortunately, Tevez was very wasteful.
I just come mark my name for register.

all am going to say is,if they ever create a greatest midfielders of all time and iniesta no dey that list,it is ultimately useless.

edit: who siddon for my seat?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kolade354(m): 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
Pataki:

Where did you get your fake news from?
Ibeeere what is sinzu?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
SIRcumalot:

all am going to say is,if they ever create a greatest midfielders of all time and iniesta no dey that list,it is ultimately useless.

Don't get me wrong.
He's fantastic with lovely technique and vision but never a player who controls the midfield. That's my major point.
Ofcourse, he should be among the greatest midfielder because he was an important part of one of the greatest team ever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Don't get me wrong.
He's fantastic with lovely technique and has a spectacular vision but never a player who controls the midfield. That's my major point.
Ofcourse, he should be among the greatest midfielder because he was an important part of one of the greatest team ever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
I follow my Oga Nihilist answer PRESENT!
dmcdad, afa na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BarcaBlood: 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Where did the Madrid fans applaud in the CL final?
The truth of the matter is he's good but isn't capable of controlling the midfield against good opposition as seen yesterday.
David Silva masterclass control against barca midfield while his fellow co-midfielders were rubbish was still the best I've ever seen.
There's now way Iniesta can ever do that against worldclass midfield without Xavi and co..

i mean he gets applauded by rival fans in clasico matches

So he had a poor game by his standard, big deal! which top player doesn't have their bad days? d whole team was under par, dey probably under-rated croatia, y single out iniesta?

david silva can only wish 2 be lyk iniesta, there z no way he's better. iniesta is d 1 player that can play rubbish 4 club n country 4 d rest of his career and still get applauded, dats how well he's paid his dues
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2016
BarcaBlood:

i mean he gets applauded by rival fans in clasico matches

So he had a poor game by his standard, big deal! which top player doesn't have their bad days? d whole team was under par, dey probably under-rated croatia, y single out iniesta?

david silva can only wish 2 be lyk iniesta, there z no way he's better. iniesta is d 1 player that can play rubbish 4 club n country 4 d rest of his career and still get applauded, dats how well he's paid his dues
The problem I have with Iniesta is since Xavi decline, he's never been up to it against good opposition.
He only shows up against average to decent teams nowadays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BarcaBlood: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

The problem I have with Iniesta is since Xavi decline, he's never been up to it against good opposition.
He only shows up against average to decent teams nowadays.

am sure u knw he z gettin older too
plus, since xavi left, he has helped barca win 4 trophies, played and scored against good opposition (el clasico), so ur assertion is wrong
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Don't get me wrong.
He's fantastic with lovely technique and has a spectacular vision but never a player who controls the midfield. That's my major point.

I suspect that you have a pre-compiled list of uninformed assertions and you just pick one or two to publish on here depending on the day of the week.

Define the phrase 'control midfield' and then explain how iniesta doesn't do that on a weekly basis

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
BarcaBlood:

am sure u knw he z gettin older too
plus, since xavi left, he has helped barca win 4 trophies, played and scored against good opposition (el clasico), so ur assertion is wrong
You mean by shifting their focus from the midfield to attack?
Suarez, Neymar and Messi were more important in the win.
Prior to that, it was always Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta.
Now, it's Messi, Neymar, Suarez.
I think we should be grateful that at Xavi's peak, Suarez and Neymar were absent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I suspect that you have a pre-compiled list of uninformed assertions and you just pick one or two to publish on here depending on the day of the week.

Define the phrase 'control midfield' and then explain how iniesta doesn't do that on a weekly basis
Controlling the midfield is simply done by spatial awareness.
Obviously, Iniesta has all the skills to control the midfield but his spatial awareness isn't up to the level of Xavi's, I.e, ability to picture the pitch and craft it to your taste.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Obviously, Iniesta has all the skills to control the midfield but his spatial awareness isn't up to the level of Xavi's, I.e, ability to picture the pitch and craft it to your taste.

This isn't the same as
Diademk07:

He's fantastic with lovely technique and has a spectacular vision but never a player who controls the midfield.

So which is it?

Is it that Iniesta cannot control the midfield? or that Xavi does it better?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nihilist:

This isn't the same as

So which is it?

Is it that Iniesta cannot control the midfield? or that Xavi does it better?
Against poor team, Iniesta's skills, technique and vision would be enough but against good opposition, he falls short.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
The more reason why I think David Silva should be in the centre to do the controlling because he's quite good at it while Iniesta should be pushed up as an attacking midfielder.
Fabrehggas should be no where near the team in the first place. He should be coming in as a sub against tired legs. He's not even better in the defensive aspect than David Silva.
Something like this midfield below:
------------Busquets--------
David Silva----------
--------------Iniesta.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Against poor team, Iniesta's skills, technique and vision would be enough but against good opposition, he falls short.

Vs madrid Iniesta was man of the match

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34849342

Vs Juventus Iniesta was man of the match

So which games are bigger than those
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

You mean the first man EVER to receive the MOTM award in a World Cup final, European Championship final and a Champions League final falls short against good opposition?

Are you insane?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

For me, he was never man of the match against Juve, Suarez was.
And against Madrid, you have Kroos playing as a holding midfielder which he's never is and then the coach proceeded to play the likes of Rodriguez and Modric alongside him. That midfield was imbalanced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nihilist:

You mean the first man EVER to receive the MOTM award in a World Cup final, European Championship final and a Champions League final falls short against good opposition?

Are you insane?
Never was.
Xavi and Sneidjer were better than him at 2010 worldcup final. If Robben hadn't missed the countless of chances Sneidjer created, we wouldn't be talking this. Xavi too, was magnificent but because Inietsa scored the winning lone goal, he became the hero.
Same thing happened at the CL final, Suarez, Neymar, Messi were better and 2 of those players did most of the work of the assist Iniesta was credited with.
Uefa and Fifa don't dictate what I can see with my eyes, if they did, I would have agreed with them on Messi being deserving of the worldcup golden ball award.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RAKITIC: 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dont argue with stu.pid people they will draw you to their level and beat you with experience
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

For me, he was never man of the match against Juve, Suarez was.
And against Madrid, you have Kroos playing as a holding midfielder which he's never is and then the coach proceeded to play the likes of Rodriguez and Modric alongside him. That midfield was imbalanced.

You can say for you, You can even say for you Thomas Gravesen was the MOTM But for UEFA he was MOTM in a CL final vs Juventus

For La Liga he was MOTM in the el classico. And whats the additional you put there? Was it not Kroos, Rodriguez and Modric midfield that Madrid used to beat Barcelona 3-1 the season before that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Never was.
Xavi and Sneidjer were better than him at 2010 worldcup final. If Robben hadn't missed the countless of chances Sneidjer created, we wouldn't be talking this. Xavi too, was magnificent but because Inietsa scored the winning lone goal, he became the hero.
Same thing happened at the CL final, Suarez, Neymar, Messi were better and 2 of those players did most of the work of the assist Iniesta was credited with.
Uefa and Fifa don't dictate what I can see with my eyes, if they did, I would have agreed with them on Messi being deserving of the worldcup golden ball award.

So it's a coincidence that 2 different soccer bodies in UEFA and FIFA chose iniesta as MOTM on 3 different major occasions?

I guess It's a coincidence that Iniesta has provided an assist in 3 different UCL finals too...

Useless Iniesta, always falling short against good opposition...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chai! I missed page 3000. Anyways, page Tiri Thausand and wan. We dey here cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

You can say for you, You can even say for you Thomas Gravesen was the MOTM But for UEFA he was MOTM in a CL final vs Juventus

For La Liga he was MOTM in the el classico. And whats the additional you put there? Was it not Kroos, Rodriguez and Modric midfield that Madrid used to beat Barcelona 3-1 the season before that?
It was end to end stuff in the game. The game was quite open coupled with the fact that Suarez was finding it difficult on the right wing which was where he was deployed in that match before he was later moved to the centre in the course of the season.
The match could have gone either way but Madrid attack were more clinical.
I still cn't believe my eyes that Iniesta won the man of the match of the CL final which I watched in Nassarawa camp. We were all shouting for Juve to hold Suarez everytime he got on the ball, he was like a beast possessed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

Wetin?
Did you expect Dortmund to sell below the amount they got him? He was signed for 27mil euros.
We will do well to up our bid if we really want him.
Exactly. Meet their valuation or beat it. Aye o le to yen oo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nihilist:

So it's a coincidence that 2 different soccer bodies in UEFA and FIFA chose iniesta as MOTM on 3 different major occasions?

I guess It's a coincidence that Iniesta has provided an assist in 3 different UCL finals too...

Useless Iniesta, always falling short against good opposition...

Uefa nd Fifa are one body! No be That platini fraud and the rest? Even Platini admires Iniesta.
I would always say that Iniesta wasn't as good as Sneidjer who created plenty of chances for Robben nor Xavi who looked dominant at the worldcup final.
Same at the CL final, Barca attack trio were the catalyst with Suarez being the main one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Diademk07:

thats even one of iniestas strong point...you need to listen to yourself before you type

Guardiola remembers fondly coaching Iniesta. "He's so good that it is impossible not to play him. I could see that he was different. Nobody has a better reading of space and time than him

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/guardiola-iniesta-was-impossible-not-play-him-saw-that-was-different-4263782
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

dont mind him...apart from messi,ive nt seen any other player who steps up in big matches...madrid fans at d bernabeu even applauded him,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
dubylhover:

dont mind him...apart from messi,ive nt seen any other player who steps up in big matches...madrid fans at d bernabeu even applauded him,
Who said Iniesta don't step up in big matches?
I said since Xavi decline, he hasn't been able to play at that level against good opposition.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

did you see the terrible setup benitez did in that match?
the return leg was far balanced..
why not talk about that one? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
dubylhover:

thats even one of iniestas strong point...you need to listen to yourself before you type

Guardiola remembers fondly coaching Iniesta. "He's so good that it is impossible not to play him. I could see that he was different. Nobody has a better reading of space and time than him

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/guardiola-iniesta-was-impossible-not-play-him-saw-that-was-different-4263782
Yet Xavi gradual decline was what led to PeP failure!
Abegi!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
liveLongNprospa:

did you see the terrible setup benitez did in that match?
the return leg was far balanced..
why not talk about that one? cheesy

How was this setup different from the one in 2014 under Carlo that beat Barcelona 3-1
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
How many times had people question the decision of Rooney being awarded man of the match here?
It's still baffles me how Fifa could have awarded Iniesta man of the match award after what Sneidjer and Xavi did at the world cup final. Probably because the plan to swap Sneidjer with Iniesta name at ballon dor was already in process.
Same at the CL final, we people who were under the canopy at Nasarawa camp (apart from those on the plain ground in another corner) were in favour of Juve and were already shitting in our pant everytime Suarez got on the ball. At first, it was Messi but once we noticed he wasn't on his A game, we didn't really bother about him and shifted our attention to Suarez who was like a man possessed

(1) (2) (3) ... (2999) (3000) (3001) (3002) (3003) (3004) (3005) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.