Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8745773 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) (3215) (3216) ... (14156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
UniqueGem:
One thing everyone here must remember is that the worst of Martial remains better than the best of Depay.
Niggur could have caused a goal if brought on.
Exactly. Depay shouldn't start PL games if we are serious at all and want to win. He's simply not good enough for the League currently and nothing suggests otherwise. Even Rashford is a far better option than him on the left Yoand should always come in if we need a sub; Currently Jose has Ashley Young ahead of him and Depay didn't even make the squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
parrotibaba:
Also I don't think some folks here saw the match, not even under a canopy. If you really watched the match you would have seen that hull defended too deep in their box and relied solely on lucky breaks. Mike Phelan was going for a draw in this game, which was expected and the likes of Huddleston, klukasz, and diomande denied our midfield space to run with the ball thus starving our strikers the service they needed. Hull, credit to them, defended well but had some luck keeping us out, the Zlatan first half back heel, the curtis Davis deflection that nearly gave ibrahimovic a tap in and the obvious handball in the box. Any other time and this match would have ended in a draw, also the kain pressure that we asserted today I have not seen since the SAF era. The don't give up till the final whistle attitude is back in the team.
Each time we passed the ball around their box, they had 6 players in the box waiting and 2 players covering whoever was with the ball. Na that kind defense Depay wan come break? Depay that can't even pass into an open net.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Diademk07:

Which various manager? Only Deschamp and Conte has done that so far.

And it's to Kante intelligence that's he's managed to do well in the role, let me remind you that a certain Schneiderlin couldn't manage that.
so what was his position in Leicester?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
Wingback:

You know fvck all about Soccer.

Depay is A natural left inside forward and then we have Ashley Young and Rashford as a makeshift.

So Rotation means a player has to dropped completely? Don't be a silly buffon. Can't Depay start and play 55 minutes against a weak opposition then Martial could come in anytime.

Many coaches employ the 3 game strike, if you don't deliver within a cycle you are relegated to the bench and considering the fact Martial has personal issues is it unthinkable to drop him to the bench?
You are a complete goat. Did you not ask for a rotation before the game? Did you not use that your crappy fingers to curse Mourinho for not rotating the squad before the game started? Na this kain nonsense person dey deal with nowadays, empty heads wey no sabi ball will just appear in this thread yarning pure, unadulterated okpaks. If not that you are a United fan, I for go all out on you. Respect your self here and stop disgracing yourself.

Now na Wingback, e no go hard now goalkeeper go come here dey yarn nonsense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
grin

Any United Fan waiting for Bailly - Smalling Defence Partnership..... gonna wait a lot or pray either of Bs gets injured!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Please what does this even mean??

He's a defensive box-box CM although he looks capable of contributing in the attacks like those offensive box-box CM out there. For example, he didn't look out of place as an offensive box-box for Caen or for Leicester in some games, e.g. The City match.

In fact, he was one of the reason behind Mahrez form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
29 shots 9 on target in this game vs Hull City. It usually takes us at least 3 games to achieve such stats under LVG. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
lekkie073:
u mean d canopy analysts grin
Lol.... You know them sir.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
parrotibaba:
You are a complete goat. Did you not ask for a rotation before the game? Did you not use that your crappy fingers to curse Mourinho for not rotating the squad before the game started? Na this kain nonsense person dey deal with nowadays, empty heads wey no sabi ball will just appear in this thread yarning pure, unadulterated okpaks. If not that you are a United fan, I for go all out on you. Respect your self here and stop disgracing yourself.

Now na Wingback, e no go hard now goalkeeper go come here dey yarn nonsense.

I know more about soccer than you ever will...MOVE ON.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
Diademk07:

Lol!

We looked intense because Rashford came on. His raw pace and intelligent movement got us going.

I can bet we rarely looked dull with Rashford in the side in every game we played since his breakout.

Mourinho should be thanking Van gaal for getting the likes of Blind and Rashford for him.
Everyone will have parts to play if the team is going to be successful this season.
Of course special thanks to Van Gaal for getting us Blind and Rashford. Anything else?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2016
Even the Great Wall builder,jose appreciate this hull city wall.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
SailorXY:
so what was his position in Leicester?

Box-box CM.

Watch his performance vs City/Arsenal!

The fact that he operated in 2-man midfield which made his moves always start from the defensive position often clouds people's judgement of him. The fact is he's a box-box CM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
GBR1:
29 shots 9 on target in this game vs Hull City. It usually takes us at least 3 games to achieve such stats under LVG. grin
3 games to achieve 29 shots? What you on man? I don't think it's anything less than 5 games. 9 shots on target? It used to be 2 shots on target per match day cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
UniqueGem:
One thing everyone here must remember is that the worst of Martial remains better than the best of Depay.
Niggur could have caused a goal if brought on.
all of una wey dey yab depay go still see,
that Is all for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Wingback:

we don hear, carry that your football knowledge and get the f'ck outta here. I no wan hear any okpaks from you again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Oasis007:
grin

Any United Fan waiting for Bailly - Smalling Defence Partnership..... gonna wait a lot or pray either of Bs gets injured!
don't count on it. nobody prays for injuries to anyone.
ever heard of not broken no fixes? this is game Week 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
Player Ratings:

David de Gea 6 – Hardly called into action. Could have done with an umbrella.

Luke Shaw 7 – Sensational defending to stop Snodgrass in the first half. Still so surprised how well he is settling back into football, really doesn’t look like he’s missed a year through injury.

Eric Bailly 8* Man of the Match – Dives in so much but his timing has been excellent so far. I do fear it might catch him out at some point this season. That being said, he was ace to watch today and is building a lovely partnership with Blind.

Daley Blind 7 – I tell you what, it’s going to be difficult for Jose Mourinho to drop Blind and bring Chris Smalling back in.

Antonio Valencia 7
– The man re-born continues. Looks very comfortable at right-back.

Marouane Fellaini 5
– Looked like the Fellaini of old in the first half. Undisciplined. A little better in the second half but not as good as his first few performances this season, at leasth e regained his discipline.

Paul Pogba 6
– Not as glittering as his debut but still offered plenty to United. Got better in the latter stages.

Juan Mata 6 – Think he played OK but United have such a lack of pace in attack when he plays that I feel it hurts us going forward.

Wayne Rooney 3
– Nothing short of woeful in the first half. Almost gave the ball away every time he had possession. Why didn’t Paul Scholes or Rio Ferdinand criticise him? Why is he somehow exempt from criticism?

Anthony Martial 6
– Very much played within himself, doesn’t look confident at all.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6
– Can Zlatan do it on a wet Saturday evening in Hull? No he can’t. A frustrating evening when nothing he did seemed to come off.

Substitutes

Henrikh Mkhitaryan 6 – Mkhitaryan starting over Rooney in the No.10 should be an absolute given. Offers so much more.

Marcus Rashford 9
 – Completely changed the dynamic in attack for United. He was so dangerous from the moment he came on. Love the kid. What a goal to win it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
Rashford saving Useless Managers since 2016
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
SIRcumalot:
all of una wey dey yab depay go still see, that Is all for now.
Baba Depay time still far.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2016
Diademk07:

Box-box CM.

Watch his performance vs City/Arsenal!

The fact that he operated in 2-man midfield which made his moves always start from the defensive position often clouds people's judgement of him. The fact is he's a box-box CM.
I think you should stop talking for your own good.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
Oasis007:
P[b]layer Ratings[/b]:

Luke Shaw 7 – Sensational defending to stop Snodgrass in the first half. Still so surprised how well he is settling back into football, really doesn’t look like he’s missed a year through injury.

Eric Bailly 8* Man of the Match – Dives in so much but his timing has been excellent so far. I do fear it might catch him out at some point this season. That being said, he was ace to watch today and is building a lovely partnership with Blind.

Daley Blind 7 – I tell you what, it’s going to be difficult for Jose Mourinho to drop Blind and bring Chris Smalling back in.

Antonio Valencia 7

Marouane Fellaini 5
– Looked like the Fellaini of old in the first half. Undisciplined. A little better in the second half but not as good as his first few performances this season, at leasth e regained his discipline.

Paul Pogba 6
– Not as glittering as his debut but still offered plenty to United. Got better in the latter stages.

Juan Mata 6 – Think he played OK but United have such a lack of pace in attack when he plays that I feel it hurts us going forward.

Wayne Rooney 3
– Nothing short of woeful in the first half. Almost gave the ball away every time he had possession. Why didn’t Paul Scholes or Rio Ferdinand criticise him? Why is he somehow exempt from criticism?

Anthony Martial 6

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6
– Can Zlatan do it on a wet Saturday evening in Hull? No he can’t. A frustrating evening when nothing he did seemed to come off.

Substitutes

Henrikh Mkhitaryan 6 – Mkhitaryan starting over Rooney in the No.10 should be an absolute given. Offers so much more.

Marcus Rashford 9
 – Completely changed the dynamic in attack for United. He was so dangerous from the moment he came on. Love the kid. What a goal to win it!
Rooney with 3.

I swear could have easily been 2.5. grin
Oasis007:
P[b]layer Ratings[/b]:

Antonio Valencia 7

Marouane Fellaini 5

Paul Pogba 6

Wayne Rooney 3

Anthony Martial 6

Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6

Substitutes

Marcus Rashford 9
Rooney with 3.

I swear could have easily been 2.5.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
GBR1:
you meant 6 games? hmmm a WHOLE 9 shots on target??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
Well like some peeps have stated here, I think d most important thing was the zeal we showed towards d end of d match..reminds us of fergie time..never say never..

D boys were phenomenal, shaw Valencia blind Bailly excellent.. E go hard for smalling o

Who also noticed hw mou went straight for smalling when we scored
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
UniqueGem:
Rooney with 3.

I swear could have easily been 2.5. ;DRooney with 3.

I swear could have easily been 2.5.

grin

Habaa!!!

Think of the Assist nah!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
How many clear cut chances did the team create wey some peeps dey yarn opata?

It doesn't mean shite taking unnecessary hopeful shots!

The Fulham match under Moyes had the team having many shots in that game yet it was one of our worst game in history!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Habaa!!!

Think of the Assist nah!
Rooney get 3
martial get 6.
Bailey wey hardly do any defensive work today you give man of the match.
this your rating right for your eye so ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
SailorXY:
don't count on it. nobody prays for injuries to anyone.
ever heard of not broken no fixes? this is game Week 3.

I do not wish the Pair injury..... just saying!
and I think so far, we've got nothing to fix - Bailly and Blind are the Deal ATM!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
SailorXY:
grin grin....that niqqa can yarn opaks mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
SIRcumalot:

Rooney get 3
martial get 6.
Bailey wey hardly do any defensive work today you give man of the match.
this your rating right for your eye so ?

grin

His composure, timely interception, accurate forward passes, good run on the Ball and so on are enough to win him Man of the Match for the 3rd time!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
SailorXY:

Very important the way they pressed in the second half. It was real collective effort, although Zlatan had some really clumsy moments the few minutes after Rashford came on.
Mkhitaryan should get in there. Why bench someone like that when Lingard is not even playing. Jose should pick one of Rooney & Mata, we have to accommodate as much runners upfront as possible. We can't help it, this is the EPL!

I agree with everything you have said... we have four attacking forwards... Ibra is Ibra, clumsy but he will bang in goals with quality support. Martial not performing at all... Mata is almost same with Rooney, in my opinion. They both very very inconsistent. These guys will go invisible for 80mins but with one minute brilliance ....Boom!

MOU has to drop one of them... the two together will not make the team balanced.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
SailorXY:

You should offer yourself that advice!

Anyone that watched Leicester last season knows Kante was a box-box CM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kolade354(m): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Wingback:

You know nothing about football if you rate depay
Nigga can't even trap the ball to his feet,he also has attitude problem.
He is even worse than pedro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) (3215) (3216) ... (14156) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eph12(m), Beorn, andrewbaba44, Lannyjoe4u, segzysexy(m), Prectega(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.