Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8748158 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) (3348) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2016
afrodoc2:
Today's match at Old Trafford will go a long way in assessing the mental strength of the team and their unity behind Mourinho. After the tribulations of the last couple of weeks nothing but a good performance and a win is good enough, and it starts by choosing the right players, using the right formation and employing the right tactics.
I would go

------------------------------De Gea-------------------------
--------Valencia-----Smalling-------Bailly------Blind-----------

-----------------------------Carrick---------------------------
----------------Herrera---------------Pogba-------------------

-------Mkhtaryan------------Zlatan--------------Rashford---------

Cool... With Luke Shaw at LB tho cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2016
elrony:

Cool... With Luke Shaw at LB tho cool

He had a groin strain last week but somehow they are saying he is fit this week....it might be risky for him in terms of him aggravating the injury and missing action for a long time. If he is truly fit of course Shaw comes in and Blind drops to the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2016
sad Fingers crossed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2016
Debroslink:

Don't blame Di Maria. Blame PSG as a whole for appointing a useless league coach to manage the team. Unai Emery is not a top class coach.
I guess they lost cos they wanted 'Toulouse'
grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2016
“During the week we are not on holiday, we have no time for posh dinners in restaurants, we don't feed the vanity of the opinion-makers,” Mourinho writes. “We work hard and remind each other that what we have achieved and what we have in life, nobody gave to us on a silver plate. We had to fight for it so now, after a bad week, we are going to do what we did all our lives: fight hard.”

- JM

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:33am On Sep 24, 2016
afrodoc2:
Today's match at Old Trafford will go a long way in assessing the mental strength of the team and their unity behind Mourinho. After the tribulations of the last couple of weeks nothing but a good performance and a win is good enough, and it starts by choosing the right players, using the right formation and employing the right tactics.
I would go

------------------------------De Gea-------------------------
--------Valencia-----Smalling-------Bailly------Blind-----------

-----------------------------Carrick---------------------------
----------------Herrera---------------Pogba-------------------

-------Mkhitaryan------------Zlatan--------------Rashford---------

I am quite impressed with Rashford's performances for the club thus far & I think we have a potential world class player on our ranks.

However, I am not quite sure he should be starting too many games for us just yet....

For me, I believe his qualities would not be fully Optimized on the flanks - shunting him out wide might even hinder his development as a CF (we don't want another Danny Welbeck on our hands)

I think he should be coming off the bench either to....

1.partner Ibra Upfront (whenever the team is in search of goals)

2. or replace the Swede (when we are coasting to victory).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2016
afrodoc2:

He had a groin strain last week but somehow they are saying he is fit this week....it might be risky for him in terms of him aggravating the injury and missing action for a long time. If he is truly fit of course Shaw comes in and Blind drops to the bench.

Yeah...even Henrik sef just popped out from a thigh injury too!
Hope it's not a case of rushing them to play,it backfired against man sh1tty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2016
AdisaOwala:

I am quite impressed with Rashford's performances for the club thus far & I think we have a potential world class player on our ranks.

However, I am not quite sure he should be starting games too many games for us just yet and for me, I believe his qualities would not be fully Optimized on the flanks - shunting him out wide might even hinder his development as a CF (we don't want another Danny Welbeck on our hands)

1.partner Ibra Upfront (whenever the team is in search of goals),

2. or replace the Swede when we are coasting to victory.

Errm... you'd suggest Defraud starts at LW today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2016
elrony:

If Mata is fit, i'd rather he starts on the RW & Miki on the left..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2016
AdisaOwala:

However, I am not quite sure he should be starting too many games for us just yet....

For me, I believe his qualities would not be fully Optimized on the flanks - shunting him out wide might even hinder his development as a CF (we don't want another Danny Welbeck on our hands)

1.partner Ibra Upfront (whenever the team is in search of goals),

2. or replace the Swede when we are coasting to victory.

You have a point but you have to remember that with Martial injured Rashford is our best bet on the left flank. The rest are just not consistent enough and we desperately need these 3 points let's be honest with ourselves. After today we can consider Rashford's future.

Also it is not like he would be shunted to the flanks for ever but for today with Martial injured, Mikki struggling for fitness and Lingard struggling for form he might have to do a job for us on the flank for today.

His finishing will always be better than Welbeck's even if he plays in goal for a season, he is a natural finisher. Also remember that playing on the flanks at Monaco and Juve did not stop Thierry Henry from developing into one of the top finishers of the modern game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2016
elampiro:

At early 20s I had already finished my NYSC and started working in a blue chip company contributing to the economic development of this country. In fact one of the biggest companies in this country. At that age I already joined my parents in paying school fees of some of my younger ones in the university because I came from a large family. In my later 20s I had already sent someone abroad and still financing his expenses there.

Be there praising yourself for accomplishing sex, drugs and party in early 20s. You probably prefer to remain in school into your 30s to keep boasting of your wayward lifestyle. It will take you forever to realize that your mates have long outgrown the worship of images of Michael Jackson, Tupac, Cris Brown, Rihana, kidrock, SlaughterGang etc which you are still so much fascinated about.

Keep Slaughtering your youth away with your visionless gang members.

Rapper ko wrapper ni.
shocked shocked

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2016
AdisaOwala:

That is an option but with slow Zlatan at the 9 we need some pace in that attack and i don't think Miki alone can offer it, we know Mata won't
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2016
Lmao at Lingard struggling for form, has that dabbing idi.ot ever been in form
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:03am On Sep 24, 2016
dopeJemi:
Lmao at Lingard struggling for form, has that dabbing idi.ot ever been in form

More form than Depay at least and he had a part to play in our 2 most recent trophies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 24, 2016
elrony:

afrodoc2:

More form than Depay at least and he had a part to play in our 2 most recent trophies.
Na my Depay una dey bash like this undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Debroslink: 11:09am On Sep 24, 2016
OEmperor:

I guess they lost cos they wanted 'Toulouse'
grin
Lol grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2016
AdisaOwala:

1.partner Ibra Upfront (whenever the team is in search of goals)

2. or replace the Swede (when we are coasting to victory).
Totally agree with you!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2016
Just passing by to check the wiring and sound

The 'Owambes' are coming in full force

Let's get you guys married to Leicester ,then the reception starts by 3pm till dawn

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:17am On Sep 24, 2016
afrodoc2:

I'd rather we play with 10 men than have Lingard in our line up, i'll pick anything that is not english over that mor.on and that includes depay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2016
dopeJemi:

I'd rather we play with 10 men than have Lingard in our line up, i'll pick anything that is not english over that mor.on and that includes depay

OK
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2016
Sweet Rooney on bench
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LongD(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2016
Rubbish lineup why is Carrick on bench and y is lingard playing

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Is Miki injured
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Mata isn't that always effective on the wings,he usually drifts into the midfield.
Rash is kinda better than him there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2016
atleast FatBoy isn't starting..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:38am On Sep 24, 2016
OEmperor:
Is Miki injured
Yeah.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2016
This line up get as e be o shocked
Guess Miki isn't fully fit..

I go fit watch this match so?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2016
afrodoc2:

Like Shaw injured, martial also injured, mkhi may not be fully fit and lingard struggling for form, we also have Rooney while everyone feel should chop bench small. It means we nay have no bench except defraud and young.

It does not really look good. And I hope pogba does not come to dab on the field with a new hair cut.

Another issue is that we need to win this match no matter what, I cant imagine if Rooney sits out this match and we lose while playing rubbish.

Elamps will go into overdrive. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2016
The only good news in the Lineup is; the absence of Rooney's Name!

I am also happy Mourinho plays Herrera ahead of Fellaini, and Mata playing behind Ibrahimovic!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2016
I was just talking about the fo.ol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2016
Elampiro be like.....
Wayne Rooney is being rested for the champions league clash against Zorya. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3342) (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) (3348) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.