Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8723554 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3365) (3366) (3367) (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
eph12:
See as Rooney miskick that ball Thank God for Ibra
It was a pass. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
bykebyke:

It was a pass. grin grin
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

You wan tell me say if Herrera dey this game, he no go ginger? He no go try to wan make things happen? E get wetin fellaini don do for this match?

Padi, You no hate Fellaini reach me...

He would never make my ideal 1st team but I think we should cut him some slack...especially in scenarios like this.

The general performance has been piss poor - if the likes of Mata, Pogba, Lingard (players that should be making things happen) have been sub-par, I don't think it's fair to criticize our DM..especially with the way the game has panned out so far..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
Under 1 . 5 na him these evening games dey play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
E be like we no play better today .. I didn't watch sha!

angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
As much as we praised the Pogba/fellaini partnership in the early stages of the season, they simply can't play together for us again. Herrera to partner Pogba for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
elrony:
E be like we no play better today .. I didn't watch sha!

angry
na rooney cause am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
nyabinghi:
na rooney cause am

Wetin Rooney cause?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
Na like this legendary status dey start smiley

Happy 4 him tho..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Padi, You no hate Fellaini reach me...

He would never make my ideal 1st team but I think we should cut him some slack...especially in scenarios like this.

The general performance has been poor - if the likes of Mata, Pogba, Lingaard (players that should be making things happen) have been sub-par, I don't think its fair to criticize our DM..especially with the way the game has panned out so far..

Because our attackers have been poor doesn't mean he should sit back, relax and be poor too, we've seen cases were our attackers were piss poor and it was Herrera who tried to make things happen

Even at madrid, you see marcelo a LB trying to make things happen when his attackers are lackadaisical, whether we are playing well oh, whether we are not playing well oh, fellaini is still the same, nothing upstairs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

Because our attackers have been poor doesn't mean he should sit back, relax and be poor too, we've seen cases were our attackers were piss poor and it was Herrera who tried to make things happen

Even at madrid, you see marcelo a RB trying to make things happen when his attackers are lackadaisical, whether we are playing well oh, whether we are not playing well oh, fellaini is still the same, nothing upstairs

Ohkay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Ohkay
grin the guy case just tire you
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brilliantlights(m): 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
did Rojo and Fosu Mensah run in from the wings or made one cross tonight?? fellaini as usual a joke.... sluggish players where all over the place.. Not surprised how sleep inducing the game went
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
weedtaker:
grin the guy case just tire you

grin

Abi nah...

When his mind is already made up nko?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by zlatan10(m): 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
Zlatan 8.5 just brilliant
Dropped deep at the right time,stringing passes from the midfield to the final third with his teammates something Mata or Pogba should have done
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 10:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

The only person that strolled around the pitch in the first half was Fellaini, you cannot tell me you didn't see rashford, pogba, mata and the dabbing idi.ot running around, even Pogba had to start tracking back, what was our afro man doing? Can you please be specific
Fellaini. was useless today.. The only thing he was doing was throwing his uncontrollable hand in people's faces.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
grin grin

Kagawa10 is probably somewhere preparing his usual epistles again..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
I am not "understanding"? But we were dominant? Scoring 3 set piece goals last week means the team is ready?

I gave up when I saw Fellaini passing back to Bailly in our half of the field...That was when I stopped resisting the sweet sweet seductive words of sleep but I remember one thing before I dozed off in the 40ish minute..."Is Rojo in this game or the Commentators are choosing to ignore saying his name?"...Very useless player...He can fvck off next January along with That Tree...Even Schneiderlin would have been better.

And I can bet My Left Ball sack Rooney didn't mean that assit...Elampìros boyfriend, always stinking up the joint but his stats keep Cleaning up after him

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Brilliantlights:
did Rojo and Fosu Mensah run in from the wings or made one cross tonight?? fellaini as usual a joke.... sluggish players where all over the place.. Not surprised how sleep inducing the game went
Mensah can still improve.. He works! Rojo is the dirt that needs to be swept outta my team. angry oh and lingard too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Is he that bad?

Lmaooo grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

Even at madrid, you see marcelo a LB trying to make things happen when his attackers are lackadaisical, whether we are playing well oh, whether we are not playing well oh, fellaini is still the same, nothing upstairs
No serious top team would use Fellaini in the midfield. How he's one here in such very important position is beyond me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Elamps I see you for TV dey carry ballot box run enter bush
Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
funlord:
sad

Na this guy wey resemble native doctor assistant na him you dey call fine?

Who be your governor?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

Obaseki fine pass Okowa? Elampiro oh grin grin
Are you from Delta?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
SlaughterGang:
I am not "understanding"? But we were dominant? Scoring 3 set piece goals last week means the team is ready?

I gave up when I saw Fellaini passing back to Bailly in our half of the field...That was when I stopped resisting the sweet sweet seductive words of sleep but I remember one thing before I dozed off in the 40ish minute..."Is Rojo in this game or the Commentators are choosing to ignore saying his name?"...Very useless player...He can fvck off next January along with That Tree...Even Schneiderlin would have been better.

And I can bet My Left Ball sack Rooney didn't mean that assit...Elampìros boyfriend, always stinking up the joint but his stats keep Cleaning up after him

You didn’t read he has a back problem and Mourinho decided to bench him today because he knew Rooney wouldn't reach his optimal. Mourinho said he wanted to protect him from bad press because Rooney wouldn't be able to play his best because of his back problem.

He didn’t get a good hit of the ball because he couldn't jump and twist to hit it. I suspect the back problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 11:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
elampiro:

You didn’t read he has a back problem and Mourinho decided to bench him today because he knew Rooney wouldn't reach his optimal. Mourinho said he wanted to protect him from bad press because Rooney wouldn't be able to play his best because of his back problem.

He didn’t get a good hit of the ball because he couldn't jump and twist to hit it. I suspect the back problem.

grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:03am On Sep 30, 2016
It wasn't a great performance but the 3points can compensate for that. Onto the next one... #Stoke
#GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:08am On Sep 30, 2016
AdisaOwala:

grin grin grin
Lol.... U sef see am? Elamps baba fit write/say anything just to justify his white Pele
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:17am On Sep 30, 2016
chidexxy007:
It wasn't a great performance but the 3points can compensate for that. Onto the next one... #Stoke
#GGMU
True the 3 points is what we need but if we continue to churn out performances like this we will suffer a lot this season. That 3pt u think is what matters will become somehow so hard to achieve
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:39am On Sep 30, 2016
bykebyke:
Is he that bad?
Lmaooo grin
He is worse.. But then again, wetin concern you? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:19am On Sep 30, 2016
dopeJemi:

I did not see the match. From your write up you are expecting too much from fellaini. In his mind all he needs to do to believe he has played well and contributed his quota is to not lose the ball and that means plenty of simple passes to the nearest player even if non of the passes are forward passes not to talk of initiating and attack or doing an incisive defense splitting pass to put a striker through on goal.

In fellaini's case I can't even say "you can't give what you don't have" because I have seen fellaini torment US when he was in everton. I guess the roll he plays now maybe hampering him from performing that way.

The truth is that fellaini is not a Man United type of player, simple.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2016
VICTORY IS VITAL
"Yeah, it was difficult. We had our chances in the first half, we could obviously score and have a different match, but we didn't. All the time, they [Zorya] stayed very well organised with lots of people behind the ball. The danger was hidden but they were always ready to do something on the counter-attack. The game was difficult but it was important to win."

STAYING GROUNDED
"One week - three defeats, another week - three victories. I was not depressed by the three defeats and I'm not over the moon after three victories. We have another game on Sunday [against Stoke] and that's now the most important one."

STRENGTH IN DEPTH
"Well, since the first minute, I was waiting for the goal and it was never arriving. You never know what can happen and, to be honest, [Sergio] Romero made a good save when it was still 0-0. We always thought we could win and I had players on the bench to help me change the game. I played three of them and could have played others; my bench was full of attacking options. [Anthony] Martial gave us different speed in a moment when the opposition was getting a bit tired."

ROONEY'S CONTRIBUTION

"He was laughing and said he made a great assist. He gave me what the team needed at the time, which was a second presence in the box. He's more of a striker than Juan [Mata], and Juan went more to the right-hand side [when Wayne came on]. We started the game with a very good team, and I also had players on the bench to give me solutions for everything."

IBRA IMPACT
"He's a tremendous player. Even if he's not scoring goals, the dynamic he brings to the team, the movement and the leadership in attacking organisation, no-one can believe his age. What matters is the quality, and the quality is amazing."

INJURY UPDATE

"Let's see tomorrow [about injuries], but normally yes, normally we have almost everyone in a condition to play. Of course, Phil Jones has a long-term injury. 

FOCUSING ON STOKE
"It will be a very difficult match [against Stoke], the truth is not where they are in the table; they have a good team and a good manager. I don't look at the table, I look at their quality."

- Jose Mourinho

(1) (2) (3) ... (3365) (3366) (3367) (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.