Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,753 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8757582 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) (3368) (3369) ... (14159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
LoRdCaT:
wetin Oshiomole do for us for the 4 years of hin second tenure?

May be you no dey Edo State. He completed more roads, also central Hospital and many more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:

Una dey forbid to get handsome Governor for Edo state?

This one no fine pass your governor and many governors? He still try na.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
"He’s (Zlatan Ibrahimovic) been a leader for the team, especially when the captain’s not playing; he’s stepped up and he’s really led the team," Lingard told reporters on Wednesday. 

"The young lads look up to him and most of the older lads do as well. We’ve seen what he’s done in his career and obviously he wants to win trophies for United as well.

"He helps the young lads a lot; he’s taught us, especially me, Marcus [Rashford], Paul Pogba and [Tim Fosu-] Mensah, and helped us through the games. If we’re going through a sticky patch, he’s always there for us and is always there for the team.

"We’ve done our research, we’ve watched videos on Zorya and we’ll be well prepared, But first and foremost we think about us, our performance and our winning mentality.

"We need to get the three points but we know it’s going to be a difficult game. Hopefully we can perform like we did against Leicester."

- Jese Lingard
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
MATA'S POSITIVE OUTLOOK PAYING OFF

Juan Mata's positive outlook usually stands him in good stead and his refusal to be too downbeat after the recent bad run of form was clear to see in his outstanding display against Leicester City last time out.

The Spaniard scored a beautiful strike and set up Marcus Rashford's effort during the 4-1 victory over the champions as the Reds followed up the EFL Cup win at Northampton Town with three important points in the Premier League.

Ahead of the Zorya Luhansk encounter, Mata spoke to United Review, the official matchday programme, and was asked if his calm approach, illustrated in his weekly blog, has proved beneficial throughout his career.

"Well, I think it is how I feel about the best way to deal with things, especially bad situations and bad results," he said. "What I try to stress in the blog is to be positive and wait for good things. I think they will come if you work well and if you are honest in your work and do everything for the team. 

"As a group of people, we’re trying to do our best to bring happiness to the fans and I think these good things will come. That is what I try to spread, to cheer the fans up when they perhaps don’t want to read a blog or see anything when we lose. Obviously, they just want to see us winning games but there is a way I can do something, through that post and message, to try to tell them how I feel. Thank you for your support and sorry for the bad moments but we will be happy together very soon for sure, like we were last weekend."

The Europa League clash with Zorya represents another opportunity to put on an impressive display before Stoke City provide the opposition at the weekend. The Ukrainians are second in their league behind dominant force Shakhtar Donetsk and played well in drawing 1-1 with Fenerbahce in their Group A opener.

"We know they are going to be tough," added Mata. "I guess they will be a very physical side but we know we have to win as, when we are playing away in Ukraine, the conditions will be very difficult. We want to be first in the group and, after getting no points at Feyenoord, we need the victory."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
RASHFORD UP FOR GOLDEN BOY AWARD

Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford's incredible rise to prominence in world football following a memorable few months impressing for club and country has been further recognised after he was nominated for the 2016 Golden Boy award.

The 18-year-old has scored 12 goals in 25 games for the Reds since netting a double on his debut back in February. He also marked his senior England game with a goal and fired a hat-trick on his Under-21s bow.

Rashford is one of 40 names in contention for the Golden Boy prize, which was established by Tuttosport in 2003 and is voted for by journalists from 30 European newspapers.

The annual gong honours the best player under 21 to play in a European nation’s top tier and last year's winner was none other than Rashford's United team-mate Anthony Martial. Among the players competing with Rashford for the accolade this time are Arsenal's Alex Iwobi, Tottenham's Dele Alli, Manchester City duo Kelechi Iheanacho and Leroy Sane, Liverpool's Marko Grujic, Borussia Dortmund's Ousmane Dembele and Bayern Munich's Renato Sanches.

Previous winners include Paul Pogba (2013), Lionel Messi (2005) and Wayne Rooney (2004), and this year's winner will be announced in December.

Full list of the 40 Golden Boy nominees for 2016:

Dele Alli (Tottenham), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Leon Bailey (Racing Genk), Riechedly Bazoer (Ajax), Gabriel Boschilia (Monaco), Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Andreas Christensen (Borussia Monchengladbach, on loan from Chelsea), Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich, on loan from Juventus), Ante Coric (Dinamo Zagreb), Amadou Diawara (Napoli), Mahmoud Dahoud (Gladbach), Danilo (Benfica), Moussa Dembele (Celtic), Ousmane Dembele (Borussia Dortmund) Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan), Breel Ambolo (Schalke), Carlos Fernandez (Sevilla), Gabigol (Inter), Aleksandr Golovin (CSKA Moscow), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Marko Gruijic (Liverpool), Goncalo Guedes (Benfica), Alen Halilovic (Hamburg), Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City), Alex Iwobi (Arsenal), Viktor Kovalenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Emanuel Mammana (Lyon), Nathan (Vitesse, on loan from Chelsea), Ruben Neves (Porto), Jules Ntcham (Genoa), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Renato Sanches (Bayern Munich), Jairo Riedewald (Ajax), Antonio Sarabria (Real Betis), Leroy Sane (Manchester City), Jonathan Tah (Leverkusen), Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht), Almamy Toure (Monaco).
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
SlaughterGang:

Does that make me An Anti-Man utd fan or have I professed my allegiance to Mourinho...Your IQ is questionable...Now you can kindly take several seats back.

Still on the Bullshit_...Come Boxing Day...I will make up my mind if Mourinho is the right man for the job
Sorry o no vex

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
elampiro:

This one no fine pass your governor and many governors? He still try na.

Obaseki fine pass Okowa? Elampiro oh grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
LoRdCaT:
sad dem too like oracle for Edo state

I just tire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Breathe in...Breathe out....

Can we not bring politics here, we do not care about some fraudulent potbellied men...Different parties, same character.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
sad
elampiro:

This one no FINE pass your governor and many governors? He still try na.

Na this guy wey resemble native doctor assistant na him you dey call fine?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Flakosixfive(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
When is the time for today's match..Nigerian time? thanks
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2016
Flakosixfive:
When is the time for today's match..Nigerian time? thanks
8:05 pm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
So United is playing Zobo FC? From where?
Abeg make I go sleep joor!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
Spy360:
So United is playing Zobo FC? From where?

Abeg make I go sleep joor!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 6:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lineup.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
elampiro:
We are Edolites. We delivered.
Someone play me na God win.

Elamps I see you for TV dey carry ballot box run enter bush
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
Rooney beeeeennnnnnnnnccccccccccchhhhhhed! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
raumdeuter:

Elamps I see you for TV dey carry ballot box run enter bush
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
Why is Fellaini playing. Where is Miki and why is Memphis not playing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
The line up doesn't look exciting at all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
fellaini pogba pivot againangry abeg make i go sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
dopeJemi:
The line up doesn't look exciting at all
The only thing exciting about that lineup na Rooney's position grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lana1:
The only thing exciting about that lineup na Rooney's position grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Rooney on bench or chair it doesn't stop y'all scummies from getting a big L tonight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
I for like make we rest some of our main guys for the stoke game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2016
undecided

Hope we ain't playing bad! Kinda not feeling like watching the Match!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Scumtwats how far? Are we winning tonight??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pataki:
Scumtwats how far? Are we winning tonight??
It's a shame they are not even sure.
They are not confident of beating a club whose name sounds like soya bean.
Uber useless club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

Hope we ain't playing bad! Kinda not feeling like watching the Match!

The performance has been lethargic thus far...

The lads are just passing the ball around the pitch - no real penetration & urgency
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
AdisaOwala:

The performance has been lethargic thus far...

The lads are just passing the ball around the pitch - no real penetration & urgency
Sounds like dejavu

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Rooney just dey spoil man u game. Man u for don score two first half goals say dem no use rooney

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) (3368) (3369) ... (14159) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m), ForValour, Santos07 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.