Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8732659 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2016
diademk07, afrodoc2

WHat do you think of this

"He's a top player and I think he could be a phenomenal central defender," Mourinho told Sky Sports. "With the quality of his pass, with his aerial game, with his agility in such a big body, for his defensive side of the game, coming from the back with the ball, he would be a phenomenal central defender, too."

http://www.squawka.com/news/paul-pogba-could-play-at-centre-back-says-jose-mourinho/809249
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
raumdeuter:
diademk07, afrodoc2

"He's a top player and I think he could be a phenomenal central defender," Mourinho told Sky Sports. "With the quality of his pass, with his aerial game, with his agility in such a big body, for his defensive side of the game, coming from the back with the ball, he would be a phenomenal central defender, too."

http://www.squawka.com/news/paul-pogba-could-play-at-centre-back-says-jose-mourinho/809249

The question has never been Pogba's skill set but his application and mentality. Pogba would be a great PS4 player cos if u listed Pogba's talents in a vacuum it would be quite impressive i.e height, body balance, shot power e.t.c The boy is lazy and after spending years in the citadel of tactics serie A he is still tactically naive. Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes et al should sit down together and write a book and teach some of these rudderless midfielders.

But wait o , is Mourinho saying he thinks Pogba would be the first 100m defender? lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Danhumprey:
How do you fit in Yaya Toure, Pogba and Herrera in a midfield three? undecided

The solution is not in buying more players ALONE, but rather in playing to the strength and abilities of the players currently available, just like Conte is currently doing at Chelsea.

All this buy, buy, buy.. .....no be am o. Tactics is what matters.

Some of you niggas are just funny! Who said he should be bought? Or did you not read that a LOAN DEAL would make sense? And why can't they fit into a middle 3? Can't herrera play at the base with yaya and pogba given license to roam? Won't yaya bring his set piece brilliance and add some additional passing range that ibra and rashford etc. can even benefit from?

And by the way what are the strengths and abilities of "fellaini, bastian and schneiderlin"? And what end product have they been able to achieve for your team so far? Or are those their abilities so superb that mourinho has decided the best place for them to bring it to bare is on the bench or in the reserves?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
raumdeuter:
Afrodoc2 that's why elders should not leave this thread

Pogba needs defensive players to cater to him, Yaya needs defensive players to cater to him

Now combine those 2 together and the only player behind them to be Herrera

That's what we call erekere sleeping on bicycle

What role has herrera been playing in midfield for weeks now? And what role can carrick also play in the base of midfield?

So if carrick or herrera can ably cater to the defensive aspects of protecting the back four thereby granting pogba and yaya the licence to roam while also helping to defend when we lose possession then what was the point of your illogical post?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
raumdeuter:
diademk07, afrodoc2

Probably tongue in cheek comment. Because those aint attributes that makes up a good defender, not to consider Pogba's poor positional discipline, intelligence and defensive work.

Right now, Pogba is no different from a youth prodigy that just got promoted into the first team when you consider his little intelligence and his tendency to hug the ball too much. The one thing that annoys me so much is his laziness. That one can't be excused.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2016

Mkhitaryan is fit.

Fellaini reported fit.

Jones, Eric and Rooney out. Rooney to undergo late fitness test.

I told Mourinho to take it easy with Rooney's chronic back pain, but he was made to run like a teenager against Fernabache. Lol

Phil Jones knew ligament.. We were told he would be back in October. This guy should stay fit for once. We have two players now with two knee ligament injury.

Hope we are not back to our 'November injury curse? Since SAF left, our players get injured from October - December. By January, we would be praying for some to return to help us fight for top four. Mourinho told is his players don't get injured so much, so let's hope for the best. Valencia and Smalling must stay fit now.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Some of you niggas are just funny! Who said he should be bought? Or did you not read that a LOAN DEAL would make sense? And why can't they fit into a middle 3? Can't herrera play at the base with yaya and pogba given license to roam? Won't yaya bring his set piece brilliance and add some additional passing range that ibra and rashford etc. can even benefit from?

And by the way what are the strengths and abilities of "fellaini, bastian and schneiderlin"? And what end product have they been able to achieve for your team so far? Or are those their abilities so superb that mourinho has decided the best place for them to bring it to bare is on the bench or in the reserves?

Another lazy player to join our collection of lazy players in the team. Thanks!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
elampiro:

Mkhitaryan is fit.

Fellaini reported fit.

Jones, Eric and Rooney out. Rooney to undergo late fitness test.

I told Mourinho to take it easy with Rooney's chronic back pain, but he was made to run like a teenager against Fernabache. Lol

Phil Jones knew ligament.. We were told he would be back in October. This guy should stay fit for once. We have two players now with two knee ligament injury.

Hope we are not back to our 'November injury curse? Since SAF left, our players get injured from October - December. By January, we would be praying for some to return to help us fight for top four. Mourinho told is his players don't get injured so much, so let's hope for the best. Valencia and Smalling must stay fit now.

Lol.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 4:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
patrickmuf:
I'm a year older today, happy birthday to me...
The team owe me a victory today, we never lose on my birthday...
happy birthday to you bro. Long life and prosperity.
Cos it your birthday i promise not to party here if you people lose tonight. Happy birthday once again

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
Cringy jokes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
afrodoc2:

The question has never been Pogba's skill set but his application and mentality. Pogba would be a great PS4 player cos if u listed Pogba's talents in a vacuum it would be quite impressive i.e height, body balance, shot power e.t.c The boy is lazy and after spending years in the citadel of tactics serie A he is still tactically naive. Xavi, Pirlo, Scholes et al should sit down together and write a book and teach some of these rudderless midfielders.

But wait o , is Mourinho saying he thinks Pogba would be the first 100m defender? lol

Pogba was spoilt by the hardwork of te entire Juventus team

When you have Vidal, Mandzukic Khedira, Marchisio Lichtsteiner and even Cuadrado ready and willing to slave away all day for you. Not to forget the do or die defenders then your asss will be covered

Pogba is talented all he needs is application. Kroos too used to be a very lazy player who believed his skills will work for him for most of his time at Bayern but in Madrid he has really adjusted when he saw more talented bros like Modric doing water carrier job by your side and equally talented James and Isco taking dressing on the bench

Pogba believes he is a star and maybe the dirty work are meant for less talented players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
afrodoc2:

I think that's a typical Mourihno's response to Pogba (& his agent) for demanding a more attacking role not too long ago..

Maybe our manager is still disappointed with the Frenchman for flopping heavily in the #10 position.

I just hope it wont spiral outta control
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Diademk07:
Probably tongue in cheek comment. Because those aint attributes that makes up a good defender, not to consider Pogba's poor positional discipline, intelligence and defensive work.

Right now, Pogba is no different from a youth prodigy that just got promoted into the first team when you consider his little intelligence and his tendency to hug the ball too much. The one thing that annoys me so much is his laziness. That one can't be excused.

Ok you think its tongue in cheek? No be so Mikel take start think say na tongue in cheek until he founf himself from AM to DM

Or no be so Essien take land from box to box - to Defendesive midfield to Right back

You don forget Etoo and co picking it from fullback at InterMilan

Na from irregular laughing madness dey start
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
The EFL cup is unimportant, I hope Mourinho doesn't allow his bloated ego to get the better of him and he should attempt to play Schneirdelin, TFM, Darmian, Tuanzebe and Depay. These players deserve a chance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2016
afrodoc2:
Yaya Toure would be another waste of money and space. There are too many old or slow or just purely lazy players in the team already, there is no need adding another one who is old, slow AND lazy.
If you want Pogba to succeed you need him to play with midfielders who work hard with and without the ball and play in midfield orchestrating play.
Yaya Toure is none of these at this stage in his career and so is not what we need. Matuidi in January would make more sense and give us better balance than Toure, Strootman if he maintains fitness also makes more sense in terms of balance and being an upgrade on Fellaini and Schneiderlin( who is obviously out of favour).
Then next season we buy actual midfielders who love to make interceptions, pass the ball and run the game e.g Kroos, Verrati, Alcantara
But knowing JM and his ultradefensive mindset i suspect this is not happening.

However the major problem right now is not the quality of the players but the mindset of the manager.
Playing Fellaini repeatedly in big games shows JM currently has a problem with his faculties.
Completely sidelining potential solutions like Carrick, Schneiderlin and even Schweinsteiger while giving us this Fellaini rubbish is inexplicable.
Parking the bus against Liverpool and turning our best young finisher Rashford into a wingback was disgraceful and made even more disgraceful by fans applauding his "tactics".

If the only way he can avoid 4-0 defeats against big teams is to park the bus MAYBE he is not the right man for the job, just saying.
talking about Schneiderlin what do you tho is the problem? I used to swear down he's a Mourinho type of player. I haven't seen a game where he featured this season but I'm really wondering if he's really that bad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
SailorXY:
talking about Schneiderlin what do you tho is the problem? I used to swear down he's a Mourinho type of player. I haven't seen a game where he featured this season but I'm really wondering if he's really that bad.

Doesn't have the defensive awareness to play as a DM such as Wanyama nor enough ball skills to play as a box-box for a top club like ours.

On another note, Mourinho should stop staying at a hotel. Let him get himself a house and bring his family to live with him in manchester. My marshmallow heart has started to pity the poor fecker and I can't afford to do that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
SailorXY:

Schneiderlin is not that terrible a player, just that he lacks discipline. Not tactical discipline as such but knowing when to tackle and when to shield, when to slide in and went to hold off. Then also he is way too limited in his passing.
Having said all that i would have him ahead of Fellaini in the team. Herrera has impressed of late but he is not the long term solution.

When we said Pogba for 100m was wasteful people did not understand. Imagine spending 100m on midfield and the midfield is still our problem.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

The bolded is what is my problem with having a midfield three of Yaya, Pogba and Herrera. You expect Herrera to shoulder the burden of the midfield defense and protection of the back four alone, while those two dogonyaros walk around the field lazily, refusing to help out in defense?

We all know Yaya Toure and Pogba are lazy players defensively and with egos, and that's not what we need right now. We're still trying to fit in Pogba and you're suggesting Yaya Toure?

Nigga, please.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
Danhumprey:
The bolded is what is my problem with having a midfield three of Yaya, Pogba and Herrera. You expect Herrera to shoulder the burden of the midfield defense and protection of the back four alone, while those two [b]dogonyaros [/b]walk around the field lazily, refusing to help out in defense?

We all know Yaya Toure and Pogba are lazy players defensively and with egos, and that's not what we need right now. We're still trying to fit in Pogba and you're suggesting Yaya Toure?

Nigga, please.

Lmao @ dogonyaro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
undecided

All I care about is to see Mkhitaryan in the Lineup - whether fit or not!

Also Schleiderlin should be given a chance to prove himself. He has spent too much time on the Bench, I pray he still thinks football!

Jose Mourinho has said it all, only if the Press can get the meaning, on Pogba! That Dude will never play 10 for United again under JM.

Finally, we do not need to loan or buy Toure, instead JM should recall Schweinsteiger back to the Team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Danhumprey: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
Diademk07:

Doesn't have the defensive awareness to play as a DM such as Wanyama nor enough ball skills to play as a box-box for a top club like ours.

On another note, Mourinho should stop staying at a hotel. Let him get himself a house and bring his family to live with him in manchester. My marshmallow heart has started to pity the poor fecker and I can't afford to do that.
@bolded, just what I wanted to say. It's clear that while at Soton, Wanyama was doing the dirty job, covering for his mistakes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
Schwein should be recalled!
You can't keep earning so much for staying with Ana Inanovic 24/7.

And funlordjnr, you say make we sign Yaya?
The same guy wey dey use walking stick waka for pitch? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
I still don't think Pogba's poor performance as a 10 is as a result of not having hardworking players around him.
It's mostly due to sluggishness.
You can't be that ponderous in possession playing as a 10 in the Premier league.

The Italian league is slower.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
What time is the match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
Elxandre:
Schwein should be recalled!
You can't keep earning so much for staying with Ana Inanovic 24/7.

And funlordjnr, you say make we sign Yaya?
The same guy wey dey use walking stick waka for pitch? grin

Bros! Read my epistle again abeg! And which walking stick him dey use? No be beef make am dey chop bench?

Yaya on loan would make sense? All these other bros dem just dey mumur without making ANY OPTIONS WHATSOEVER....yaya is a quality player, premier league champion, nations cup winner, champions league winner, player of the season etc.... And now because of club politics niggas dey spit blasphemy? I can't fit believe wetin I dey read for here sha!

Make dem remember say a.c milan thought PIRLO was finished and see how that turned out for juve!

Anyway abeg give me ya own suggesty egbon!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Fussbot:
What time is the match?

7:30...........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

7:30...........

No be 8pm again?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
afrodoc2:

Schneiderlin is not that terrible a player, just that he lacks discipline. Not tactical discipline as such but knowing when to tackle and when to shield, when to slide in and went to hold off. Then also he is way too limited in his passing.
Having said all that i would have him ahead of Fellaini in the team. Herrera has impressed of late but he is not the long term solution.

When we said Pogba for 100m was wasteful people did not understand. Imagine spending 100m on midfield and the midfield is still our problem.
I believe a manager knows exactly what he is searching for in a player before making a move. You look @ Pogba in the market & Jose must have seen how he works in addition to having a honest plan of replicating such in his team, if not better it; before he made his move. I don't understand when people say stuff like, "the manager thought he was a winger..." megedefegede.

Now I don't want to dabble into 'best position' debate but for the sake of opinions, I'll leave that to the manager. But for now form-wise, this

- - - - - - - - Carrick - - - - - - -
- - Herrera - - - - - - - Pogba - -

will go a long way covering our asses & playing actual attacking football. There are a few eye for goals in there too in advanced positions. 4-3-3 almost flat sef, No. 10 no be by force! Carrick can't play many games so Morgan/Bastian can cop quality minutes. Mata/Mkhitaryan should share the right, Martial/Memphis should share the left. Of course there are variations in tactical approaches of this but these combos will bring better quality displays either pressing or counter-attacking.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by escobarseason: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Bros! Read my epistle again abeg! And which walking stick him dey use? No be beef make am dey chop bench?

Yaya on loan would make sense? All these other bros dem just dey mumur without making ANY OPTIONS WHATSOEVER....yaya is a quality player, premier league champion, nations cup winner, champions league winner, player of the season etc.... And now because of club politics niggas dey spit blasphemy? I can't fit believe wetin I dey read for here sha!

Make dem remember say a.c milan thought PIRLO was finished and see how that turned out for juve!

Anyway abeg give me ya own suggesty egbon!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlordjnr: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2016
grin
elrony:

No be 8pm again?

You no dey like to watch match build up? I do.......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
Diademk07:

if the men trusted so far don't seem up to scratch, nothing wrong in trying another who just may be ceiling-high motivation-wise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
Depay should be starting for R rAshford...Shit_ selection...once again, no mikitaryan(Waste of money) and Smalling got kicked...LMFAO

(1) (2) (3) ... (3461) (3462) (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: jorhney(m), zeusis(m), afrodoc2 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.