Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8778647 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
Elxandre:

Must players stick to a particular position?

Ramos used to be one of the Best Right back in the world till Mourinho turned him CB fully.
Has that made him a 'failed' player?

Seriously, you no know ball. undecided

But he's got a definite role!

All Herrera needs to do is to carve out his niche.. At least, we already know he's not a quality no 10 nor a playmaking midfielder like he was believed to be. So what exactly is he?

Maybe a defensive box-box CM like Kante but we all know Kante's defensive skills and reading trumps that of Herrera's. He would need to keep improving that aspect of his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
weedtaker:
he's not Jose's kind of stroker, you ain't a newbie na, you suppose know jose type.

But Jose said he's adapting to a United style of attacking football since he's more defensive in the past. So since he wants to play an attacking footie, Aubameyang is the man for him. Ibra go soon turn 36 next year. We need a new striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
Elxandre:
Poole. wink
LWKMD grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Congratulations on your first win in 9. You guys should throw a party!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
sinizia:

If we're looking to get back to our former glory, then giving Ibra a new contract is a no-no. He holds up play very well, but his pace is a total turn off. Aubameyang or the Rashford of last season would've gotten two one-on-one chances with a better pace. Ibra needs to leave after this season. With Madrid on a transfer ban, Aubameyang should be our main target and we're good to go.

What would you then say about Kane? Also, at his best, his vision and linkup play are quality!

But you're right, we need to do better than a 36 yrs old striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Abeg sinizia, no forget to tell Mou to sign a midfielder, Carrick is aged and needs retirement, Pogba can't be trusted!
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
elrony:

That one na up barka fan..

Mourinho SA on positives na codedguy1 grin

Pardon me, thought twas him.

Our next match is away at Crystal Palace, then away at West Brom.

We need to start picking up maximum points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kagawa10:

What would you then say about Kane? Also, at his best, his vision and linkup play are quality!

But you're right, we need to do better than a 36 yrs old striker.

I don't know how we do it, but Kane doesn't score against us. He doesn't even play well against us. He's scored all the top dogs but United cage him all the time. It's a mystery to me. Long may it continue Sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
elrony:
Abeg sinizia, no forget to tell Mou to sign a midfielder, Carrick is aged and needs retirement, Pogba can't be trusted!
cheesy

Walahi, we need Carrick's permanent replacement. It's a taboo that our best holding DM is 36. Kai, we need to look forward and not keep recycling old men.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
Leyqute:

Pardon me, thought twas him.

Our next match is away at Crystal Palace, then away at West Brom.

We need to start picking up maximum points.

I pray the team doesn't go and buy Ogbono ingredients at Ile -Epo market. grin

Na winning sure pass now o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
elrony:

That one na up barka fan..

Mourinho SA on positives na codedguy1 grin

Abeg ooo people that saw positives in our games even when we were constantly eating draw soup know themselves.

My comments on draw soup were even a form of lamenting. So how I take become sa on positives to Mourinho dey wonder me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
sinizia:

I don't know how we do it, but Kane doesn't score against us. He doesn't even play well against us. He's scored all the top dogs but United cage him all the time. It's a mystery to me. Long may it continue Sha.

I don't even rate him. He's like a poor man's Aguero but sluggish! Capable of the odd moment of brilliance especially while putting his physique to good use but offers little else in the game.

He still young though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
sinizia:

Walahi, we need Carrick's permanent replacement. It's a taboo that our best holding DM is 36. Kai, we need to look forward and not keep recycling old men.

Now you are talking!!!!...

We need it fast!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
codedguy1:

Abeg ooo people that saw positives in our games even when we were constantly eating draw soup know themselves.

My comments on draw soup were even a form of lamenting. So how I take become sa on positives to Mourinho dey wonder me.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by forap(m): 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
Herrera is the player who gives stability to the team, take Herrera away from this team, you will see Manu become cowardly and dominated in the midfield against technical teams. To me Herrera is the player Mourinho can't do without in Manu, he has really helped the team in terms of pressing. At times when he goes for the ball, and he couldn't retrieve the ball, he points to space where any surrounding Manu players should cover so as to retrieve the ball back.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
forap:
Herrera is the player who gives stability to the team, take Herrera away from this team, you will see Manu become cowardly and dominated in the midfield against technical teams. To me Herrera is the player Mourinho can't do without in Manu, he has really helped the team in terms of pressing. At times when he goes for the ball, and he couldn't retrieve the ball, he points to space where any surrounding Manu players should cover so as to retrieve the ball back.

Stability kor! Carrick is that player..

No doubt that Herrera's pressing has been important considering the slow paced Carrick and Pogba's listless display but the team stability is Carrick. Carrick's reading of the game and ability to close down the space in the midfield is top notch! Not forgetting his ability to dictate the play from deep!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kagawa10:

No doubt that Herrera's pressing has been important considering the slow paced Carrick and Pogba's listless display but the team stability is Carrick. Carrick's reading of the game and ability to close down the space in the midfield is top notch!

I knew it. ... cheesy grin grin

At the mention of Herrera.........

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kagawa10:

I don't even rate him. He's like a poor man's Aguero but sluggish! Capable of the odd moment of brilliance especially while putting his physique to good use but offers little else in the game.

He still young though.

I think he's a good striker but the praises he's getting is way over the top. This dude has scored against 21 of the 29 teams he's faced. That's a good record. I didn't want him at United coz we'd have to pay exorbitantly for him. I'm glad he's signed a new contract meaning he'll be costing up to 90m by now. A good way to make sure United don't waste another money on a player not worth it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by forap(m): 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kagawa10:

No doubt that Herrera's pressing has been important considering the slow paced Carrick and Pogba's listless display but the team stability is Carrick. Carrick's reading of the game and ability to close down the space in the midfield is top notch! Not forgetting his ability to dictate the play from deep!

Play Carrick, Pobga and Fellaini against Man city, Tottenham or Arsenal, and you will see how Carrick closes up space better.

Added: Herrera is the one that will replace Carrick.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
codedguy1:

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
elrony:
FBS howfar na?...

The sun don pursue you comot here? cheesy
I beg ya pardon? What is you talking about? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kagawa10:

Dunno. That's the scary thing..

If Pogba had been a complete midfielder we wouldn't need Herrera beside him. Same goes for Carrick, that is, if he had been properly replaced, we wouldn't need an Herrera either. If at all we need someone like him, it would be better going for the complete package like Vidal, Kante.

However, If he can keep improving his defensive arts, I might begin to see him in that category!

I asked you 2 simple questions, you are talking about IF pogba had been a complete midfielder. Ok Now that pogba is NOT a complete midfielder who should consistently play beside him from the present squad we have that will help our course. Since the incomplete midfielder must play and Herrera is a workhorse and a red card waiting to happen.

Let me help you Carrick, schweni, fellaini, Depay, young, schneiderlin, and Poole?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
sinizia:

I think he's a good striker but the praises he's getting is way over the top. This dude has scored against 21 of the 29 teams he's faced. That's a good record. I didn't want him at United coz we'd have to pay exorbitantly for him. I'm glad he's signed a new contract meaning he'll be costing up to 90m by now. A good way to make sure United don't waste another money on a player not worth it.

The goals isn't solely on him. The truth is Spurs team always creates a lot for him except for the few tight matches. As long as the team creates, he's good to go as well as missing plenty of chances along with the goals he's scored. He's capable of providing the odd brilliance through some fantastic heading of the ball but that's all.

However, he's quite limited. Average linkup, average vision, poor movement and very sluggish! And his technique isn't even all that great and his holdup play is quite inconsistent!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
FBS:

I beg ya pardon? What is you talking about? cheesy

My bad , I thought FBS was FBS grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
forap:
what they fail to get is that a team need players with lesser ego to put their bodies on the line for maybe other more talented players to shine.

You look @ Fergie's team of recent past & see men like Vidic, JS Park, Keane, Tevez, Rooney, Fletcher, Fortune, etc who made a lot of sacrifices despite their own talents/desires.

Real Madrid tried the All-Star All-Ego route after they let Makalele go, only to fall back to Thomas 'fucking' Graveson.

What a player like Herrera brings is desire & passion, something that should spur others on the pitch to break a bone for the win, such can also be found in Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Lingard & Mata. Jose is doing his best to leverage that rare quality.

I used to defend Herrera cuz I thought he does it with his soul but when I noted the majority voice here didn't see what his contribution is, I lock up make e no be like say Herrera na my cousin or something.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
forap:

Play Carrick, Pobga and Fellaini against Man city, Tottenham or Arsenal, and you will see how Carrick closes up space better.

Added: Herrera is the one that will replace Carrick.

How did we win the Fa cup? You people keep forgetting that apart from our young guns (Martial and Rashford), Fellaini was one of the major reason the Fa cup was won! And the fact that our winning run came to an end as soon as Fellaini got banned.

BTW, let me take you down the memory lane.. 2 seasons ago (at the latter part of 2014/2015 season when Carrick returned from his injury woe), the team were on fire, scoring plenty of goals as a result but all came to an end as soon as Carrick got injured once again!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by FBS: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
elrony:

My bad , I thought FBS was FBS grin cheesy
Say wha?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
Codedguy1, you get time sha... undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
SailorXY:
elampiro be looking @ all those who castigated Jones now singing his praise like
A.P.I.F(Any Player In Form) fans. Sell Jones, Sell Valencia, Sell Wazza, Sell everyone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
elrony:

During CK? ....

When you see that kind Pena last? grin

No be only Pena, na Penarity cheesy
Barka VS AC Milan grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
SailorXY:
what they fail to get is that a team need players with lesser ego to put their bodies on the line for maybe other more talented players to shine.

You look @ Fergie's team of recent past & see men like Vidic, JS Park, Keane, Tevez, Rooney, Fletcher, Fortune, etc who made a lot of sacrifices despite their own talents/desires.

Real Madrid tried the All-Star All-Ego route after they let Makalele go, only to fall back to Thomas 'fucking' Graveson.

What a player like Herrera brings is desire & passion, something that should spur others on the pitch to break a bone for the win, such can also be found in Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Lingard & Mata. Jose is doing his best to leverage that rare quality.

I used to defend Herrera cuz I thought he does it with his soul but when I noted the majority voice here didn't see what his contribution is, I lock up make e no be like say Herrera na my cousin or something.

You didn't even need to go far back - a fully fit Casemiro is arguably the most important player at Madrid...from a Tactical POV

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
codedguy1:

I asked you 2 simple questions, you are talking about IF pogba had been a complete midfielder. Ok Now that pogba is NOT a complete midfielder who should consistently play beside him from the present squad we have that will help our course. Since the incomplete midfielder must play and Herrera is a workhorse and a red card waiting to happen.

Let me help you Carrick, schweni, fellaini, Depay, young, schneiderlin, and Poole?

Na me ask Jose not to procure a good midfielder?

Maybe herrera is your standard but it isn't mine! He doesn't even have a position!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3612) (3613) (3614) (3615) (3616) (3617) (3618) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.